The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Madeleine McCann- bald man in playground

Page 11 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann- bald man in playground

Post by Jill Havern on 28.02.18 11:27

From Peter:

Saturday 28/4, big fluffy clouds - as we see in the play house photo
Sunday 29/4,  Brilliant sun in totally clear sky - as we deduce in the Pool Photo
Wednesday 2/5 heavy overcast, dull, drizzle,  - as we do NOT see on any of the photos

ANYONE can search on Flickr.  Date, Algarve, etc . It has a very good search engine, and there are dozens more
NO ONE has to take anyone else's word for it

P

"The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Jill Havern

http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 28.02.18 11:54

From Peter:

Saturday 28/4, big fluffy clouds - as we see in the play house photo
Sunday 29/4,  Brilliant sun in totally clear sky - as we deduce in the Pool Photo
Wednesday 2/5 heavy overcast, dull, drizzle,  - as we do NOT see on any of the photos

ANYONE can search on Flickr.  Date, Algarve, etc . It has a very good search engine, and there are dozens more
NO ONE has to take anyone else's word for it

P

Even Kate McCann admits it - by default I rather imagine..

Wednesday, 2 May 2007. Our last completely happy day. Our last, to date, as a family
of five. If only it was possible to rewind.

Even for an hour.

Today it rained. The children went to their clubs, but our tennis lessons were postponed. Instead we joined Fiona, David and Dianne at the Millennium restaurant for coffee. We then returned to our apartment ....

madeleine by KATE MCCANN

Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 28.02.18 12:34

@Phoebe wrote:Every single cleaner (including her own mother) except Fatima da Silva claims to have had Sundays off. Yet for some strange reason Fatima's claim of seeing Madeleine while cleaning on Sunday is accepted!

It's important not to lump everyone together in one category just because, for whatever reason/s, they generally agree that Madeleine met with her fate at the beginning of the holiday and not the night of Thursday 3rd May, as claimed by the McCanns.

I for one have repeatedly questioned the accuracy of the cleaners witness statement, for example the clothes Madeleine was said to be wearing and the location of the witness when she claims to have seen the McCann family.  The witnesses mother was not cleaning apartment 5a on the Sunday so I don't think the Ocean Club cleaners roster has any relevance.  You have to take into consideration, as many have when drawing their respective conclusions, it is documented that the only day the McCanns ate breakfast and/or lunch outside of their own apartment was Sunday 29th April, when they lunched with the Paynes, thus correlating the cleaner's witness statement.

There is no single element that makes me believe Madeleine 'disappeared' at the beginning of the week.  It's a combination of factors, some perhaps trivial and some perhaps not so trivial - whatever, from where I'm standing, the evidence available is far more compelling towards 'disappearance' at the beginning of the week whereas there is little or no compelling evidence to suggest Thursday 3rd May. That is the word of the McCanns and their group of friends which frankly I take with a mine of salt.

This is only one aspect but it's going way off topic so I'll leave it there.  HiDeHo has a splendid thread somewhere within that covers the subject extensively - including member comments.

Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe on 28.02.18 12:35

Yes it rained on Wednesday, but in the morning. The playground photo was allegedly taken that evening. We are told that morning tennis was postponed from its slot until later, when the rain stopped. There is no suggested that it rained all day long. When rain stops in the Med things dry up quite quickly. If Wednesday had been a washout all day into evening I'm sure the police would have noticed and questioned that photograph. To me this photo is perfectly consistent with a rather overcast day and recent rain. Goncalo Amaral himself describes the weather at the end of April in his book "...it's spring in the Algarve, even if the weather is particularly gloomy. It rains often. While the sun shines, the temperature becomes pleasant, but the nights are cold and windy.

Phoebe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Willis on 28.02.18 14:06

@Verdi wrote:

I for one have repeatedly questioned the accuracy of the cleaners witness statement, for example the clothes Madeleine was said to be wearing and the location of the witness when she claims to have seen the McCann family.  The witnesses mother was not cleaning apartment 5a on the Sunday so I don't think the Ocean Club cleaners roster has any relevance.  You have to take into consideration, as many have when drawing their respective conclusions, it is documented that the only day the McCanns ate breakfast and/or lunch outside of their own apartment was Sunday 29th April, when they lunched with the Paynes, thus correlating the cleaner's witness statement.

There is no single element that makes me believe Madeleine 'disappeared' at the beginning of the week.  It's a combination of factors, some perhaps trivial and some perhaps not so trivial - whatever, from where I'm standing, the evidence available is far more compelling towards 'disappearance' at the beginning of the week whereas there is little or no compelling evidence to suggest Thursday 3rd May. That is the word of the McCanns and their group of friends which frankly I take with a mine of salt.

This is only one aspect but it's going way off topic so I'll leave it there.  HiDeHo has a splendid thread somewhere within that covers the subject extensively - including member comments.
That's the point, Mr Verdi. In that, everything the Mcs volunteer is likely to be a total lie or perhaps, at best, a half truth.
So if they say she disappeared on the 3rd then you can take it to the bank that, NO, she did not.
bignono
Mark Willis

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 28.02.18 15:33

MarkWillis wrote:That's the point, Mr Verdi. In that, everything the Mcs volunteer is likely to be a total lie or perhaps, at best, a half truth.
So if they say she disappeared on the 3rd then you can take it to the bank that, NO, she did not.
bignono

Please don't mention banks in my presence Hissyfit .

Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Willis on 28.02.18 16:24

@Verdi wrote:
MarkWillis wrote:That's the point, Mr Verdi. In that, everything the Mcs volunteer is likely to be a total lie or perhaps, at best, a half truth.
So if they say she disappeared on the 3rd then you can take it to the bank that, NO, she did not.
bignono

That wasn't me! That was Maymuse practising her ventriloquist act!
Honest!
prisoner
Mark Willis

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe on 28.02.18 17:44

Looking out my window at this very moment there is a light covering of snow and definitely the promise of more to come with that  completely overcast dull, battle-ship-grey sky! However, at 1.30pm today I was walking the dogs on the beach (one mile away). There was brilliant sunshine and a mainly clear sky, despite a considerable wind-chill. I could post two pictures taken just four hours apart on Feb 28th 2018 which would show startlingly different weather (not just more or less cloud-cover). I think it unreliable (given what I know from personal experience of Portugal) to look at a snap-shot of weather, taken at a particular time on a certain date, and conclude there could have been no change in cloud cover, precipitation or temperature over the course of that day.

Phoebe

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse on 28.02.18 18:25

@Mark Willis wrote:
@Verdi wrote:
bignono

Honest!
prisoner
@Mark Willis

Excuse me but why bring me into this?
Please explain what you are meaning?

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-459316/Madeleine-Is-Robert-Murat-suspect-scapegoat.html

MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern on 28.02.18 18:56

@Phoebe wrote:Looking out my window at this very moment there is a light covering of snow and definitely the promise of more to come with that  completely overcast dull, battle-ship-grey sky! However, at 1.30pm today I was walking the dogs on the beach (one mile away). There was brilliant sunshine and a mainly clear sky, despite a considerable wind-chill. I could post two pictures taken just four hours apart on Feb 28th 2018 which would show startlingly different weather (not just more or less cloud-cover). I think it unreliable (given what I know from personal experience of Portugal) to look at a snap-shot of weather, taken at a particular time on a certain date, and conclude there could have been no change in cloud cover, precipitation or temperature over the course of that day.
From PeterMac:

Well quite so, which is why the actual weather reports and charts are so important.
The yellow line is 6pm.  100% cloud cover, reducing slightly as the evening goes on.
Sunset around 8.20
(Also freezing cold and stiff breeze)
whereas on 28th - a lot warmer, and very little cloud
P

Plus, there's lots of info on various chapters of Peter's e-book blog about the weather for that week, here's one of them:

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/2016/08/chapter-12-floppy-sun-hats-and-flapping.html

"The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Jill Havern

http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Willis on 28.02.18 19:33

@MayMuse wrote:
@Mark Willis wrote:
@Verdi wrote:
bignono

Honest!
prisoner
@Mark Willis

Excuse me but why bring me into this?
Please explain what you are meaning?
It was only a joke!
Mark Willis

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe on 28.02.18 23:08

@ Get'emGoncalo
Are those weather charts from the weather station at Faro or are they from Luz itself? I ask because weather, particularly in coastal regions can vary considerably over very short distances. My nearest town is four and a half miles away and it's often bone dry there while it's drizzling here!  I've often seen the same happen in Spain - it can be dull in La Mata and sunny in Torrevieja three miles away. Also, are those weather forecasts or recordings of the weather that had occurred?   Thanks roses

Phoebe

Back to top Go down

Post by lemonbutter on 01.03.18 3:09

With respect to all the research that's been carried out on this particular playground photo, I would just like to make some of my own observations.

If the shadows seem to prove that the sun is to the left of the scene, then why does the shadow of the tree trunk on the left side fall to the left - it looks as though the sun would be to the right of the tree?

Also, the consensus appears to be that Raj Balu and Gerry are standing quite close to each other. If Gerry were standing upright wouldn't he be towering over RB - they would be out of proportion to each other?

The Wendy house size proportions have been alluded to somewhere else, and IIRC the height is approximatley 54". IMO Raj Balu looks as though he has been added into the photo from a photograph that was originally taken from a distance.

Also, Gerry, Madeleine, Sean and Lily are not engaging whatsoever with each other. Gerry looks as though he is happy to see an insect on the grass in front of him. It is weird.

I can only see this photo as being manipulated.

So, @Tony Bennett, I'm sorry if I am one of the members who does not agree with the majority on the forum. As Phoebe has noted, weather conditions can vary within short distances so the weather argument is not evidence, imo.

Also, people can wear their 'first day clothes' on any other day so I don't see that argument as evidence of the photo being taken on the 28th April.

These are my opinions only ...

lemonbutter

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse on 01.03.18 5:02

UCrackfox wrote:I thought this version on the photo might be useful as it's clearer. There's a woman in  purple on the other side of the slide - I think it's JT with a small child. Next to orange wheel. 

@Crackfox Thank you... this photo is the replica of the greyscale photo in the files as it shows the lady with the small child and a buggy on the left exactly as the greyscale one does, so assuming this is the correct ratio as does not appear cropped. It was on this blog, madeleineebethmccann.skyrock.com 
updated in April 2017 with a new video, (below) worth watching. Fannie132 YouTube account had a number of tasteful videos in support of,the McCanns( since removed it seems)  I recall watching them quite a few years back. The new video is asking which version you believe?

And the only other video on the account now which is for Madeleine (below, published 13th May 2016) has some lovely photos,( including the playground photo) some I have never seen before...ever! 

Bless you Madeleine singlerose

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-459316/Madeleine-Is-Robert-Murat-suspect-scapegoat.html

MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by sar on 01.03.18 8:36

@lemonbutter wrote:With respect to all the research that's been carried out on this particular playground photo, I would just like to make some of my own observations.

If the shadows seem to prove that the sun is to the left of the scene, then why does the shadow of the tree trunk on the left side fall to the left - it looks as though the sun would be to the right of the tree?

Also, the consensus appears to be that Raj Balu and Gerry are standing quite close to each other. If Gerry were standing upright wouldn't he be towering over RB - they would be out of proportion to each other?

The Wendy house size proportions have been alluded to somewhere else, and IIRC the height is approximatley 54". IMO Raj Balu looks as though he has been added into the photo from a photograph that was originally taken from a distance.

Also, Gerry, Madeleine, Sean and Lily are not engaging whatsoever with each other. Gerry looks as though he is happy to see an insect on the grass in front of him. It is weird.

I can only see this photo as being manipulated.

So, @Tony Bennett, I'm sorry if I am one of the members who does not agree with the majority on the forum. As Phoebe has noted, weather conditions can vary within short distances so the weather argument is not evidence, imo.

Also, people can wear their 'first day clothes' on any other day so I don't see that argument as evidence of the photo being taken on the 28th April.

These are my opinions only ...
looks like it may have been lit from multiple directions

sar

Back to top Go down

Post by polyenne on 01.03.18 8:58

If the shadows seem to prove that the sun is to the left of the scene, then why does the shadow of the tree trunk on the left side fall to the left - it looks as though the sun would be to the right of the tree? The shadows are consistent with a late afternoon sun being behind, and slightly to the left of the photographer (as can be seen by the photographers shadow). The shadow on the trunk of the palm tree immediately behind is that of the overhanging fronds. It really is that simple. 

Also, the consensus appears to be that Raj Balu and Gerry are standing quite close to each other. If Gerry were standing upright wouldn't he be towering over RB - they would be out of proportion to each other? The concepts of perspective & parallax should be considered. The image has not been manipulated 

The Wendy house size proportions have been alluded to somewhere else, and IIRC the height is approximatley 54". IMO Raj Balu looks as though he has been added into the photo from a photograph that was originally taken from a distance. Same note as above, the image has not been manipulated 

Also, Gerry, Madeleine, Sean and Lily are not engaging whatsoever with each other. Gerry looks as though he is happy to see an insect on the grass in front of him. It is weird. I don't see it as "weird" at all. At the precise moment the shot is taken, Gerry would seem to be engrossed in n whatever is on Sean's (?) right foot/shoe.

I suggest a number of people are trying to find things that aren't really there ??  

polyenne

Back to top Go down

Post by lemonbutter on 01.03.18 9:53

I meant to say the tree on the right of the photo, sorry.

lemonbutter

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse on 01.03.18 11:10

@polyenne
Sean is kneeling with his hands in front of him as if he is about to place them on the grass and start to crawl. One (left) white trainer shoe can just be be seen on his foot positioned towards the back of him;  whatever Gerry is engrossed in ( Seans hands? Blade of grass? An ant? )  it is not a shoe.

MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by polyenne on 01.03.18 11:19

@MayMuse

On closer inspection, agreed. But this is becoming like a Spot-The-Ball contest. Why does it matter what Gerry just might be looking at, it is a snapshot in time. It certainly doesn't mean he, them, Balu have been photoshopped !!

Whilst I agree the date/time of the image is totally relevant, this focussing on the minutae isn't.

polyenne

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse on 01.03.18 11:34

@polyenne wrote:@MayMuse

On closer inspection, agreed. But this is becoming like a Spot-The-Ball contest. Why does it matter what Gerry just might be looking at, it is a snapshot in time. It certainly doesn't mean he, them, Balu have been photoshopped !!

Whilst I agree the date/time of the image is totally relevant, this focussing on the minutae isn't.
Every photo has come under scrutiny.

This one more so as up thread somewhere two photos were posted, one having obvious things added and the question asked to spot the differences or words to that effect. 
Gerrys gaze was observed different , tilt of the head alignment (again mentioned in another post) perhaps that is why it has been observed more even though as you say it doesn't matter what he is looking at, ( my comment in brackets , hands, an ant etc was tongue in cheek) and I have never said the photo in question has been photoshopped! 

Sometimes "minutiae" can be most revealing when assessing specifics/authenticity  like the shadows etc have been used in this instance.

Edit to add.... Take the "pool/last " photo... it shows a sunny day, but how many would think it was another day other than what the McCanns released it as.... (happy, sunny, holiday) not many as Peter and others did in research would think to check the weather etc for that day; people take things on face value. It is this small detail which nailed the discrepancy of the date/time which makes it a huge thing!

MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 01.03.18 12:25

@polyenne wrote:If the shadows seem to prove that the sun is to the left of the scene, then why does the shadow of the tree trunk on the left side fall to the left - it looks as though the sun would be to the right of the tree? The shadows are consistent with a late afternoon sun being behind, and slightly to the left of the photographer (as can be seen by the photographers shadow). The shadow on the trunk of the palm tree immediately behind is that of the overhanging fronds. It really is that simple. 

Also, the consensus appears to be that Raj Balu and Gerry are standing quite close to each other. If Gerry were standing upright wouldn't he be towering over RB - they would be out of proportion to each other? The concepts of perspective & parallax should be considered. The image has not been manipulated 

The Wendy house size proportions have been alluded to somewhere else, and IIRC the height is approximatley 54". IMO Raj Balu looks as though he has been added into the photo from a photograph that was originally taken from a distance. Same note as above, the image has not been manipulated 

Also, Gerry, Madeleine, Sean and Lily are not engaging whatsoever with each other. Gerry looks as though he is happy to see an insect on the grass in front of him. It is weird. I don't see it as "weird" at all. At the precise moment the shot is taken, Gerry would seem to be engrossed in n whatever is on Sean's (?) right foot/shoe.

I suggest a number of people are trying to find things that aren't really there ??  
Thank you polyenne for being a voice of reason 2thumbs !

It's just an ordinary photograph showing ordinary people doing ordinary holiday things.  Bringing logic into the equation, what would be the point of manipulating this particular photograph?

Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 01.03.18 12:39

@MayMuse wrote:Fannie132 YouTube account had a number of tasteful videos in support of,the McCanns....
I'd be very cautious when promoting random videos found on YouTube - I'm not liking Fannie132 one bit bignono .

At best I deduce the anonymity is a source close to the family and judging by the questionable video content, I'm thinking Jon Corner as a person of interest.  At worse this enigma is an obsessive stalker with questionable motives.

A personal thing but I can't accept a total stranger using expressions such as 'I haven't forgotten you Madeleine' or 'I love you Madeleine' (seen in the past), when referring to another persons child - it's weird.

Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse on 01.03.18 13:08

@Verdi wrote:
@MayMuse wrote:Fannie132 YouTube account had a number of tasteful videos in support of,the McCanns....
I'd be very cautious when promoting random videos found on YouTube - I'm not liking Fannie132 one bit bignono .

At best I deduce the anonymity is a source close to the family and judging by the questionable video content, I'm thinking Jon Corner as a person of interest.  At worse this enigma is an obsessive stalker with questionable motives.

A personal thing but I can't accept a total stranger using expressions such as 'I haven't forgotten you Madeleine' or 'I love you Madeleine' (seen in the past), when referring to another persons child - it's weird.
I agree probably someone close to the family mainly due to the photos included as some I have not seen in the domain previously . ...My point was that it seems a "change of tune" from previous videos Ive seen which are no longer there...(which version do you believe one)  I'm not promoting anything just sharing like many do with videos of interest Madeleine or to the case.

MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse on 01.03.18 13:45

@Verdi wrote:
@polyenne wrote:If the shadows seem to prove that the sun is to the left of the scene, then why does the shadow of the tree trunk on the left side fall to the left - it looks as though the sun would be to the right of the tree? The shadows are consistent with a late afternoon sun being behind, and slightly to the left of the photographer (as can be seen by the photographers shadow). The shadow on the trunk of the palm tree immediately behind is that of the overhanging fronds. It really is that simple. 

Thank you polyenne for being a voice of reason 2thumbs !

It's just an ordinary photograph showing ordinary people doing ordinary holiday things.  Bringing logic into the equation, what would be the point of manipulating this particular photograph?
What would be the point of manipulating any photograph? 

What would be the point of analysing any particular photograph? 

Isn't this about Madeleine to decipher information from the files to try and find what happened, how, why, when, what etc ? 

I'd suggest that most people are not trying to find things that are not really there, but things that are there to make a deduction of facts in my opinion.

MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by HiDeHo on 01.03.18 15:00

There have been some extensively researched discussions on the photos.

Personally, it is only the location of the shadows that MAY help give an indication of the time the photo was taken.

I have spent many hours on the shadow direction of the last pic and the playground pic.

There was no definitive time given to the playground pic and I have only just achieved the actual location of where they were sitting in the last photo, but haven't yet studied the shadows.
I was reminded of the curiosity of the 'two birds' in the playground pic  smilie
HiDeHo
Researcher

http://forum2.aimoo.com/MadeleineMcCann

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum