The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Vanitas vanitatum

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Vanitas vanitatum

Post by Guest on 12.07.12 13:06

As long as there are people daft or well-meaning enough to pour their money into so-called 'charities', and legislation in place to let this happen without any word of warning n place, there will be clever ruthless people rutting for a chance to enrich themselves and gobbling up these poor sods, bless them.

Missing People is cashing in heavily on donations, and paying a lot of people 'working' there; but how much do they pay to the noble art of actually looking for any real-live 'missing'? How many pennies per every one of those 250.000 yearly missing is that? Out with the old calculators, you lot!

And again: how much is in it for MP, when their most illustrious Maidenhead (?!) till date, so openly flogs the Visual Media' s investments to the supposed amount of one milion pounds for tweve weeks (extensions to Europe ardently to be prayed for)

So, good people of Greater Britain: all together now: "Healy for Maidenhead, Healy for Motherhood", nay, I say: "Healy for Victory Cross, no less!"

So sorry, I meant: Nobel Prize.

Back to top Go down

Re: Vanitas vanitatum

Post by uppatoffee on 12.07.12 13:26

I think the article Tigger posted on the other thread by Janet Street Porter makes this point exactly. She called for a complete overhaul of the charity sector, to prevent people like Lady Mayer paying herself a large salary for comparatively little work. Yes charities need some paid staff, but I'm sure most people would be appalled at how much of their donation doesn't actually go towards charitable works.
uppatoffee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by monkey mind on 12.07.12 13:53

It's hard to keep the pigs from the trough when those responsible for monitoring pig, trough and food have the longest snouts and the fattest, greediest bellies. We live in an era where the most debauched have risen to the top in every facet of society and morality was the faintest twinkle in your mother's eye. I can only pray that the dark cosmic winter is over and a stellar spring is about to breathe, the snake's tail is in its unforgiving mouth, the precession has come full circle, the Great Year is almost at an end, and another Golden Age will one day soon be heralded in. Let's hope so, for future generations.
monkey mind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlefish on 12.07.12 19:09

@monkey mind wrote:It's hard to keep the pigs from the trough when those responsible for monitoring pig, trough and food have the longest snouts and the fattest, greediest bellies. We live in an era where the most debauched have risen to the top in every facet of society and morality was the faintest twinkle in your mother's eye. I can only pray that the dark cosmic winter is over and a stellar spring is about to breathe, the snake's tail is in its unforgiving mouth, the precession has come full circle, the Great Year is almost at an end, and another Golden Age will one day soon be heralded in. Let's hope so, for future generations.

Hear, hear; I second that!
Littlefish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 02.08.13 6:34

I.ve just picked this topic up again as we'll as the Winyard one as both have strong links with the Missing People  charity. 

The recent 'Wider Agenda' topic is also related to MP. Since MP was high on the agenda ( in the blog and in the diary) in 2007 and an ambassadorial role for Kate was on the table in January 2008 - the whole charity connection  should be seen in this context. 

Perhaps someone can add Admin's topic on MP?  (Bit difficult for me at the moment) MP were in financial difficulties in 2006 but in 2007 they were rescued. 

PACT, Missing People, Missing Kids, Missing Madeleine - more?

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by whmon on 02.08.13 9:25

This message is confidential and the information must not be used, disclosed, or copied to any other person who is not entitled to receive it. If you have received this message in error please notify the sender and then delete it.
whmon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 02.08.13 10:19

Thanks!  
There are several topics on Missing People and PACT on the forum  but that's not always clear from the title.
I didn't know about this link. 

I certainly think MP is part of the wider agenda in view of  the fact that the 'ambassadorship'  was on the table so early. Why January 08 to work on a new career instead of  concentrating on your two remaining children?

Not 8 months after your daughter vanished?

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 02.08.13 10:24

Posted here in case it gets whooshed !    (Sorry Kevin !)
Sunday, July 15, 2012
PACT: Matthew Steeples Exposes PACT - LADY MYER And Her Charity - Nothing More Than A Sham.
Posted on Joana Morais Blog.

I also know Matthew on twitter.

Published BY Matthew Steeples. 2011

I am Matthew Steeples and having seen this I thought I should explain how I came to be involved with a charity that turns out to be a sham. I met Lady Meyer with mutual friends in 2004. She was charming and polite and I had no reason to doubt her or her motives. She had just returned from Washington, where her husband had been an ambassador at a most interesting time in history. She was a good conversationalist and well versed. He had interesting tales to tell. She told of the problems she’d had “recovering” her children. When she explained what, she claimed, happened, I thought “how awful” and felt her plight. She mentioned she was having a fundraising ball at The Dorchester and asked if I would like to come. I attended along with friends. Between us we spent £1500 on a table.

I now cannot comprehend why I then continued to believe this lady and her nonsense for six years, but sadly I did. I supported Lady Meyer’s events initially just by attending, but invited her to a dinner I gave above the Ferragamo showroom in 2005 and at this point she persuaded me that I should become more involved.

She asked me to get involved in fund raising for PACT. I should have asked to see PACT’s accounts. I did not and there is no excuse for that. It is a lesson I will take forward with me and I urge others to do the same. Do NOT donate to a charity without knowing that the majority of funds raised actually goes to the cause rather than on salaries. Over the following years I, without charging the charity a single penny and believing that Lady Meyer did the same, I helped organise:

PACT with STARS, Ralph Lauren, 25th May 2010; PACT Barbecue, Firehouse, 10th July 2010; PACT Emilia Wickstead Fashion Show, Papillon, 23rd April 2009; PACT Speed Dating, Firehouse, 20th November 2008; PACT Speed Dating, Stanza, 7th February 2008

At most of these events, the majority of attendees came from my address book and those of my friends and so to did the majority of donations. My friends were also duped by the supposedly charming Lady Meyer and her infectiously enthusiastic manner. They handed over cash, paintings, prizes and gave time to create drawings for another fundraiser. They gave up their time, they wrote letters supporting PACT and most of all they believed in Lady Meyer and her cause. They, like me, wanted to support missing children. In addition, Lady Meyer took advantage of my personal connections to help her in other ways. She was determined to forge herself a new career and I involved her in a project I had been approached about. Strangely the people who I was dealing with pulled out after meeting her. I think I now know why. Though she now states “I used to earn a whole lot more in the city”, in relation to her charitable salary, this successful company didn’t want anything to do with her.

At Christmas in 2009, the Meyer pair had nowhere to go as the Eurostar was cancelled and their planned trip to Paris couldn’t happen. I invited them into my home for the day. In the six years I knew them, never did they invite me to dinner in their home and I can only think of a couple of occasions where I was a guest at a lunch or dinner – and I wonder now who really picked up the bill.
The first cracks came in April 2009 when a good friend had a very public row with Lady Meyer. Letters were exchanged and I told this individual how wrong he was. It was me that got it wrong though and for that I again apologise to my friend.

I helped come up with the idea for the “PACT with Stars” event for International Missing Children’s Day in May 2010. I became so heavily involved in this matter and probably spent two-three days a week on it for over 7 months. I did not charge a penny for this work. The majority of the committee were friends of mine. The majority of the personalities who contributed drawings were friends or contacts of mine. The majority of donated prizes were given by my friends. Some were worth hundreds of pounds, some were worth many thousands of pounds. All were given to support missing children and given in good faith. Our time and donations were not given to support salaries. I apologise to all who I asked to support this.

During the weeks running up to the launch of “PACT with Stars” at Ralph Lauren’s Fulham Road store, I became increasingly suspicious of the motives of the Meyers. The event went from being about charity to being one about the Meyers. The press interviews were about Catherine Meyer in the main rather than focusing on the charity. Ralph Lauren, who seem so generous to the “Chanel-clad” one, took precedence over all other participants. “We cannot offend them,” Lady Meyer said. We now know why.

As the day of the launch grew ever closer, Sir Christopher’s focus was exposed when asked about one particular interview. He said “We must do the interview, Catherine. It’s good for OUR profile.” At this point I finally realised what this “charity” was about. In one sentence he summed it up perfectly. PACT was a vehicle for the profile of the Meyers and now we know it was also a source of income for them too. How stupid I had been not to realise I’d been hoodwinked for so long. I did not, at that stage, though, know where the funds raised would end up.

A year has passed since the “PACT with Stars” event and during that year, though I told all who asked about what went wrong, I did not talk to the press. It is Richard Eden of the Telegraph’s Mandrake who is to be credited in exposing this story. He is the one who generated a story that has run for over a month in both his paper and the Independent and in both of their letter columns. The one thing, though, that really exposed the scandal of a charity that pays some 50% of income to its founder and her assistant and considerably more in expenses were that charity’s very own accounts.

A common misapprehension, however, is that I gave Richard the story and this must be corrected. I did not do this. If I had done such, I would openly admit it as I am incensed about what has been exposed. I did, however, give a comment in the Telegraph’s second piece and it is indeed me and my friends who have written many of the letters about the scandal. For the Meyers now to go about having their stooges attack me and Twitter barbed remarks that are extremely offensive only shows what an own goal they’ve truly scored.

I am sad that the efforts of so many to raise funds for missing children, encouraged by me, have been exposed for having not benefitted them. This is a charity that brings charity in general into disrepute in a most shocking manner. I stupidly fell into the trap of believing that just because they had what seemed like a good background, Lady Meyer and her husband had a good motive in all they did. I am a fool for believing such.
I unreservedly apologise to my friends for having involved them with this sham.

Matthew Steeples (@daSteepsSpeaks) gives background to his meeting Lady Catherine Meyer and subsequent involvement with PACT

PeterMac
Investigator

View user profile http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 02.08.13 10:54

These thieves are scum. They are the lowest of the low, but pretend they are a cut above the great unwashed, because they "raise money for a good cause". DON'T MAKE ME LAUGH!!!. My husband would never turn down a charity's request for donations, but no more. I put my foot down and pointed out to him, that many of these so-called charities are run for nothing more than paying the directors etc, while ordinary people work in them on a volutary basis.

Take a look at this link. I know it's an American publication, but it sums up so many of the "charities" in this country.

http://www.tampabay.com/topics/specials/worst-charities1.page

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 02.08.13 13:01

Isn't it an wonderful irony that . . .

Without the McCanns and their attachment to these Charities we would never have become aware of them and their nefarious, if not quite overtly CRIMINAL, activities.

We would never have become aware that so many were elaborate scams with the CEOs creaming off the majority of the donations
We would never have become aware that so many were lying about cases and statistics to con money out of the public and governments
We would never have become aware that you can set up a "Fund" which looks like a Charity, but is in fact a Limited Company from which you personally and legally can benefit
We would never have seen Cherie Blair publicly distance herself from PACT.

Without the McCanns this entire can of worms would have remained closed.

But now  -  we can look at them all, see into their accounts for the last ten years, and report our worries to the Charities Commission.

All thanks to the McCanns !

PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 02.08.13 13:04

Kids Wish network.......ahhhhhh!

Three cents in the dollar goes to them - rest to the sharks!

For dying children too - Who wouldn't give.?

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 02.08.13 14:20

And do you remember Wish upon a Star, which used to send entire streets of people from the slums of Liverpool to Disneyland (never Paris !) because one tiny baby had cancer, probably caused by the parents' smoking.
The child was often too ill or too young even to know what was going on.

I hope the Charity folded, though I doubt it.

PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum