The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people

Page 18 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people

Post by Guest on 14.11.13 16:35

The lower picture was originally shot by Richard Avedon, wasn't it?

So someone wised up and covered de models head in order to 'spruce up' the picture?

Wonder what Avedons estate guarding the property right thinks of this
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Missing People Audited Accounts

Post by Enid O'Dowd on 14.11.13 18:01

Some earlier posters have made comments on the Missing People accounts for the year ended 31 March 2013 which I think are a little misleading. There’s a lot of information given in the audited accounts on the Missing People website.
 
Note 4 Staff costs on page 19 gives interesting information.
 
Somebody complained that salaries increased by over £150,000 over the previous year.
 
Yes they did, but their paid staff increased from 46 to 50. It’s possible that the staff are on incremental salary scales so salaries would go up even if staff numbers remained the same.
 
Note 4 states that no employee earned above £60,000 in the year which means that the CEOs salary is, at the most, £60,000. It also states that in the previous year one person earned £70,000 -£80,000 so either the CEO took a pay cut or the old one left and they took on a replacement for less.
 
The Trustees (directors) do not get any payment. One director received £222 travelling expenses in the year. It is normal to refund directors of charities their out of pocket expenses

____________________
Author of Fateful Decisions: there's a fine line between acceptable parenting and neglect.   www.enidodowd.com
Author of A Review of the background to setting up the limited company Madeleine's Fund: leaving no Stone Unturned and a forensic examination of the company accounts. Available on www.mccannfiles.com

Enid O'Dowd
Researcher

Posts : 107
Reputation : 20
Join date : 2013-11-14

http://www.enidodowd.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people

Post by Lance De Boils on 14.11.13 18:10

Just to be clear: this is not the actual picture being auctioned.
This one is called "Back in Yellow"

The one being auctioned, "Blue Black" is not shown, as it was commissioned especially and was not complete when the prize list was put together.

The caption reads, "Actual piece still in progress at time of going to print, work shown is detail of "Back in Yellow."

avatar
Lance De Boils

Posts : 806
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2011-12-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 14.11.13 18:15

@Lance De Boils wrote:Just to be clear: this is not the actual picture being auctioned.
This one is called "Back in Yellow"

The one being auctioned, "Blue Black" is not shown, as it was commissioned especially and was not complete when the prize list was put together.

The caption reads, "Actual piece still in progress at time of going to print, work shown is detail of "Back in Yellow."

Thanks for the info LdB.

This "charity" and their crass sticking-two-fingers up with their choices, aside from this one, sicken me. Too many dubious/questionable people in their rogues gallery too. Fancy being associated with someone who was on the sex offenders register for FIVE YEARS???

ARE THEY MAD????

____________________
The truth will out.
avatar
Smokeandmirrors
Moderator

Posts : 2428
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-07-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people

Post by ShuBob on 14.11.13 18:16

Thanks for the info LDB but was that the most appropriate picture to use in place of the unfinished work?

For me, the pictures are bad enough but to include anything to do with the CONVICTED child sex abuser Pete Townshend is inexcusable in my opinion!

ETA: I see Smokeandmirrors and myself have made the exact same point!

ShuBob

Posts : 1896
Reputation : 67
Join date : 2012-02-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people

Post by sofieellis on 14.11.13 18:22

Natasha Law's pictures are all pretty similar:

http://www.elevenfineart.com/?pageid=3

I don't think any of them are appropriate for such a charity.

sofieellis

Posts : 184
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people

Post by worriedmum on 14.11.13 18:35

@sofieellis wrote:Natasha Law's pictures are all pretty similar:

http://www.elevenfineart.com/?pageid=3

I don't think any of them are appropriate for such a charity.
I totally agree sofieellis. I  showed the picture to my 16 year old daughter, but explained that this was not the actual picture-that was to be called 'Blue black'. She immediately connected the title and type of imaging to bruising/physical abuse.
I really think that at the very least this is a case of 'Emperor's New Clothes'. If these paintings had been produced by a man, wouldn't they feel less 'hip' and slightly more worrying?
avatar
worriedmum

Posts : 1788
Reputation : 388
Join date : 2012-01-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 14.11.13 18:39

@sofieellis wrote:Natasha Law's pictures are all pretty similar:

http://www.elevenfineart.com/?pageid=3

I don't think any of them are appropriate for such a charity.
No they're not. She's creating art for people with the aim of it being voyeuristic into private domestic times, in a sort of weird androgenous/naivety which in itself reveals something of the inner mindset as it's largely focused on pulling up/down knickers. 

 As a theme at a missing person fundraiser, where presumably there is an overlapping issue of young people going off and ending up exploited, often in a debasing and sexual way oh well that's OK then, because the fragrant McCann woman has had far worse images rampaging through that empty space between her ears, and there is always a convicted voyeur of unsavoury images to to critique the art.

Whole bloody thing is enough to make you retch.

____________________
The truth will out.
avatar
Smokeandmirrors
Moderator

Posts : 2428
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-07-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people

Post by Lance De Boils on 14.11.13 19:01

Other examples of this artist's work, many with a similar theme.
Three more here:



"Untitled Blue"


"Untitled Pink"


"Hitch"



I personally do not think that this artist's work is appropriate for auctioning at a "Missing People" charity gala.
avatar
Lance De Boils

Posts : 806
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2011-12-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people

Post by aquila on 14.11.13 19:10

@Smokeandmirrors wrote:
@sofieellis wrote:Natasha Law's pictures are all pretty similar:

http://www.elevenfineart.com/?pageid=3

I don't think any of them are appropriate for such a charity.
No they're not. She's creating art for people with the aim of it being voyeuristic into private domestic times, in a sort of weird androgenous/naivety which in itself reveals something of the inner mindset as it's largely focused on pulling up/down knickers. 

 As a theme at a missing person fundraiser, where presumably there is an overlapping issue of young people going off and ending up exploited, often in a debasing and sexual way oh well that's OK then, because the fragrant McCann woman has had far worse images rampaging through that empty space between her ears, and there is always a convicted voyeur of unsavoury images to to critique the art.

Whole bloody thing is enough to make you retch.
On the homepage of Missing People they proudly present (amongst others) 'Our Partners'....

ACPOS, ACPO and CEOP.

How many of our senior boys in blue turned up to that gala to endorse this charity?
avatar
aquila

Posts : 8418
Reputation : 1534
Join date : 2011-09-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people

Post by worriedmum on 14.11.13 19:19

I agree about the retching. One of the images on the website is of a naked little girl. Seen in context with the rest of these pictures, you have to ask when does something stop being of questionable taste and become something rather more worrying.
avatar
worriedmum

Posts : 1788
Reputation : 388
Join date : 2012-01-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people

Post by Daisy on 14.11.13 19:27

@Lance De Boils wrote:Other examples of this artist's work, many with a similar theme.
Three more here:



"Untitled Blue"


"Untitled Pink"


"Hitch"



I personally do not think that this artist's work is appropriate for auctioning at a "Missing People" charity gala.
Not in my opinion either. I'm no heathen when it comes to 'Art' and of course it's subjective, but it doesn't feel suitable for a charity highlighting the plight of missing people (many of them children).

Not to mention, her work is pretty sh*te!


____________________
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”   

Unknown


“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche
avatar
Daisy

Posts : 1245
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Yorkshire, England

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people

Post by Guest on 14.11.13 19:35

@Enid O'Dowd wrote:Some earlier posters have made comments on the Missing People accounts for the year ended 31 March 2013 which I think are a little misleading. There’s a lot of information given in the audited accounts on the Missing People website.
 
Note 4 Staff costs on page 19 gives interesting information.
 
Somebody complained that salaries increased by over £150,000 over the previous year.
 
Yes they did, but their paid staff increased from 46 to 50. It’s possible that the staff are on incremental salary scales so salaries would go up even if staff numbers remained the same.
 
Note 4 states that no employee earned above £60,000 in the year which means that the CEOs salary is, at the most, £60,000. It also states that in the previous year one person earned £70,000 -£80,000 so either the CEO took a pay cut or the old one left and they took on a replacement for less.
 
The Trustees (directors) do not get any payment. One director received £222 travelling expenses in the year. It is normal to refund directors of charities their out of pocket expenses
***
Forgive me and with all respect, Mrs.  O'Dowd, but ... who are these fifty employees? And what exactly are they doing? Maintaining a flimsy website? Supporting families, whereas we have witness accounts, how they fail in doing that? The way I've perceived it so far, is that the major part of the money goes to top executives and the programme relies mainly on volunteers. I would be most happy to be corrected in my views roses
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people

Post by Guest on 14.11.13 19:36

@worriedmum wrote:I agree about the retching. One of the images on the website is of a naked little girl. Seen in context with the rest of these pictures, you have to ask when does something stop being of questionable taste and become something rather more worrying.
It says "It is her protracted process which creates the vibrancy in her works"


B******s. I bet she could knock out fifty a day if she had a mind to. They actually remind me of home made internet porn circa 1995. Or maybe that's the point and I'm some kind of philistine. It's probably meant to be "ironic". Or something.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people

Post by worriedmum on 14.11.13 20:25

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
@worriedmum wrote:I agree about the retching. One of the images on the website is of a naked little girl. Seen in context with the rest of these pictures, you have to ask when does something stop being of questionable taste and become something rather more worrying.
It says "It is her protracted process which creates the vibrancy in her works"


B******s. I bet she could knock out fifty a day if she had a mind to. They actually remind me of home made internet porn circa 1995. Or maybe that's the point and I'm some kind of philistine. It's probably meant to be "ironic". Or something.
''Or maybe that's the point and I'm some kind of philistine. It's probably meant to be "ironic". Or something.''

Yes that's how you are meant to feel.  Only un-cool  people complain...DER!  And BTW, how would you like to pay... bad
avatar
worriedmum

Posts : 1788
Reputation : 388
Join date : 2012-01-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people

Post by Lance De Boils on 14.11.13 20:39

About the artist, Natasha Law, http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/profiles/my-secret-life-natasha-law-artist-769364.html

A few snippets (my red):

Born in south London in 1970, Natasha Law is the older sister of the actor Jude Law. An artist trained at Camberwell College, she is renowned for using household paints to create predominantly erotic images, and has illustrated books including Camilla Morton's How to Walk in High Heels: the Girl's Guide to Everything.
If I have time to myself: I go running for 45mins – any longer and I start to feel guilty about everything else I should be doing.
At night I dream of: buildings with lots of staircases, losing children, exhibitions I've forgotten to paint any pictures for – the usual.
My favourite work of art: At the moment it's Lily (with black eye) by Ryan McGinley.
The best invention ever: anaesthetic.
Here's Lily (with black eye):

avatar
Lance De Boils

Posts : 806
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2011-12-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people

Post by PeterMac on 14.11.13 20:44

It all looks absolutely right for the McCanns, the Rickwoods and their ghastly warped sense of what is is to be decent and normal.

What a wonderful OWN GOAL, yet again.

Come on Mitchell, tell us why we should like images like this !

DO YOU ?

____________________

avatar
PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 159
Join date : 2010-12-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people

Post by sofieellis on 14.11.13 20:52

Ryan McGinley's pictures are even worse, as they are real photos (some of very young looking girls). I'm absolutely flabbergasted that anyone approves of this sort of stuff.

sofieellis

Posts : 184
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people

Post by PeterMac on 14.11.13 21:09

@sofieellis wrote:Ryan McGinley's pictures are even worse, as they are real photos (some of very young looking girls). I'm absolutely flabbergasted that anyone approves of this sort of stuff.
Having just accessed them, I now hesitate before posting them, and have decided, on balance, not to.
Anyone who wants to se, have a look at
http://ryanmcginley.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/ryanmcginleyexhibiton_4sec_900height.gif

Including you - Kevin ! Then your employers can find it on your downloads and sack you. Go on, Dare you !

____________________

avatar
PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 159
Join date : 2010-12-06

Back to top Go down

Ewan McDonald

Post by Copodenieve on 14.11.13 21:36

Was it on this thread that I read the name Ewan McDonald? I´m sure somebody mentioned his name. I´ve just read an article in Spanish that he is suspected by the Guardia Civil to be involved in the abdcution of a child in Spain 10th March 2007.
avatar
Copodenieve

Posts : 92
Reputation : 45
Join date : 2013-10-27
Location : Leeds

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people

Post by Guest on 14.11.13 22:14

@Enid O'Dowd wrote:Some earlier posters have made comments on the Missing People accounts for the year ended 31 March 2013 which I think are a little misleading. There’s a lot of information given in the audited accounts on the Missing People website.
 
Note 4 Staff costs on page 19 gives interesting information.
 
Somebody complained that salaries increased by over £150,000 over the previous year.
 
Yes they did, but their paid staff increased from 46 to 50. It’s possible that the staff are on incremental salary scales so salaries would go up even if staff numbers remained the same.
 
Note 4 states that no employee earned above £60,000 in the year which means that the CEOs salary is, at the most, £60,000. It also states that in the previous year one person earned £70,000 -£80,000 so either the CEO took a pay cut or the old one left and they took on a replacement for less.
 
The Trustees (directors) do not get any payment. One director received £222 travelling expenses in the year. It is normal to refund directors of charities their out of pocket expenses
Very welcome, Enid! A breath of fresh air and a level head, Good to see you
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people

Post by Guest on 14.11.13 22:21

@Lance De Boils wrote:About the artist, Natasha Law, http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/profiles/my-secret-life-natasha-law-artist-769364.html

A few snippets (my red):

Born in south London in 1970, Natasha Law is the older sister of the actor Jude Law. An artist trained at Camberwell College, she is renowned for using household paints to create predominantly erotic images, and has illustrated books including Camilla Morton's How to Walk in High Heels: the Girl's Guide to Everything.
If I have time to myself: I go running for 45mins – any longer and I start to feel guilty about everything else I should be doing.
At night I dream of: buildings with lots of staircases, losing children, exhibitions I've forgotten to paint any pictures for – the usual.
My favourite work of art: At the moment it's Lily (with black eye) by Ryan McGinley.
The best invention ever: anaesthetic.
Here's Lily (with black eye):

Hey, so here we have the third Cuddle doggo flogged by SY a per today; the one on the right in the line-up
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people

Post by lj on 14.11.13 22:37

@tasprin wrote:
@jeanmonroe wrote:
No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:https://www.missingpeople.org.uk/missing-people/fundraising/20th-anniversary-gala

Prepare yourselves for some pictures of Kate looking saintly in her caring for others role.
So she won't be 'searching' for her 'missing' daughter AGAIN, tonight!

I noticed that in the 'silent' auction is two days at Pete Townshens (sic) 'studios'

That would be the Pete Townshen (sic) who was put on the sex offenders register, for 5 years, for accessing child porn images
!
wft How can the Missing People charity possibly justify this? Their high profile ambassador, Kate McCann, has repeatedly told the world that her missing daughter was abducted by a paedophile and she has detailed in her book the horrific images in her mind. In addition, Missing People are well aware that many kids are missing because they have run away from abusive situations in the home yet they have the gall to advertise a prize offered by a person who was on the sex offenders register for five years for accessing child abuse images. Incredible! They obviously don't give a damn who represents them as long as they rake in the cash. As an ambassador for the charity, will Kate McCann have to meet and greet Townshend, maybe he'll be seated next to her and they can have a chat about her book? Why are the media banging on about that awful t-shirt stunt at Wandsworth Prison and ignoring this story?
Indeed wtf Tasprin, unbelievable. One of the members here, I am sorry I forgot who there has been so many great posts, had written to Missing people and got an answer that more or less said they were not there to judge.  WTF??  You would hope that an organization like that does something as prevention. Those mediocre doctors are the perfect example of NON responsible parenting.  
In the past I dabbled for a while in the Washington DC non profit circuit. I started out very enthusiastic and eager to "help" and fled the scene after I slowly discovered that there only one reason for the existence of all those non-profits: the profits of those involved. I could really write a book about what I saw happening there, and I still get nauseous just thinking of it. It's cronyism of the highest level. What we read from missing people is that it is really not better than PACT and all those other moneymakers.

____________________
"And if Madeleine had hurt herself inside the apartment, why would that be our fault?"  Gerry

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
avatar
lj

Posts : 3314
Reputation : 188
Join date : 2009-12-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people

Post by plebgate on 14.11.13 22:54

How is Lilly with black eyes art?- anybody could take a photo of a girl and photoshop in a couple of black eyes, how is that art?   Well I wouldn't be able to do it, lol, but many would.

Art, my arris.

Jude Law's sister eh, maybe that explains why she is one of the "in crowd".   I don't like him (surprise, surprise, lol), how is he good looking?and he can't act for toffee imo. 

Luvvies of the world unite, oh their jobs are so terribly hard dahlings.   Well give it up and let somebody else do it I say.  DUH.

Jog on the lot of them.

plebgate

Posts : 5980
Reputation : 1665
Join date : 2013-02-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people

Post by J4MM on 14.11.13 23:24

What is the significance (if any) of the emphasis on the right side of the body throughout these images?

J4MM

Posts : 59
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2013-10-26

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
McCanns apt & hire car


Blood and cadaver alerts
dismissed by UK Government


Retired DCI Gonçalo Amaral: "The English can always present the conclusions to which they themselves arrived in 2007. Because they know, they have the evidence of what happened - they don't need to investigate anything. All this is now a mere 'show off'."

Retired murder DCI Colin Sutton: "I would also like to make the point that Operation Grange was so restricted from the start as to be destined to fail."

Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley made public on national TV that Operation Grange is a complete fraud.

Ex-DCI Andy Redwood had a "revelation moment" on BBC's Crimewatch on 14th October 2013 when he announced that Operation Grange had eliminated the Tanner sighting - which opened up the 'window of opportunity', in accordance with their remit, to allow the fake abduction to happen.

Despite "irrelevant behaviour" from blood and cadaver dogs in the McCann's apartment, on Kate McCann's clothes, and in the car they hired three weeks after Maddie disappeared, Ex-Chief Inspector, Ian Horrocks, said: "The thought that Kate and Gerry McCann had anything to do with the death of their daughter is frankly preposterous."

Gerry McCann called for example to be made of 'trolls'. SKY News reporter Martin Brunt doorstepped Brenda Leyland on 2 October 2014. She was then found dead in a Leicester hotel room. Brenda paid the price. She paid with her life.

Ex-Deputy Chief Constable, Jim Gamble QPM, congratulated SKY reporter, Martin Brunt, on twitter for doorstepping Brenda Leyland on behalf of Gerry McCann.

Prime Minister Theresa May introduces Prime Suspect Kate McCann to Royalty: The Duchess of Gloucester.

Good Cop Down: The reality of being a police whistleblower
https://goodcopdown.wordpress.com/