The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™️ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people

Page 6 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people

Post by justice4maddie on Tue 10 Jul - 17:01

candyfloss wrote:
justice4maddie wrote:If I had a missing child, I certainly wouldn't want Kate McCann on the case seeing as she openly admits to never having ever physically searched for her own daughter...

justice4maddie

Thank you

justice4maddie

Posts : 2
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-07-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people

Post by Meagain on Tue 10 Jul - 18:04

tcat wrote:Could they have picked a better person to generate maximum publicity than KM? We'll all be looking at the posters now won't we.

I don't think they're too bothered about what actually happened in PdL on May 3 2007. It's all about 'market share' - charities compete with each other just like any other company in any business sector.

We should just ignore it, and look at the posters of course.



And isn't that partly the point Tcat?

She will bring attention to the charity and to those who are missing and that's not a bad thing in the slightest.

Regardless of what some might feel about Mrs McCann, and whether she is or isn't a good candidate, don't forget what the charity she is now involved with is about - finding children who didn't do anybody any harm. Would any of us turn our backs on a missing child if we thought we had spotted one simply because we don't like Kate McCann or don't agree with the charity's new choice of Ambassador?

Personally I wouldn't care if the new Ambassador for a company helping to get my missing child's plight in the news was the devil himself dancing naked across my t.v. screen. Not if he could command good media coverage so that public attention was drawn to the billboards showing my child's picture and it drew in funds for that charity to keep showing my child's plight. But then each to their own I suppose.

I would hope that all the children are given the same coverage Tigger but for now we will have to wait and see.

And yes, charities do sometimes have the word Ltd after the main part of their name. I worked for one several years ago that did just that but it was still a charity mainly dependant upon donations.

K.

Meagain

Posts : 28
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-06-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people

Post by Meagain on Tue 10 Jul - 18:10

candyfloss wrote:In answer to Kololi/Meagain earlier who said it was good that it was putting the spotlight on Missing People, I don't think it has turned out that way at all. What has happened is the spotlight is again focused on Kate McCann and the charity which does such worthwile work is getting a bashing. Typical everything is always hijacked. Here is a tweet that sums it up......

P*** [email=E****‏@p]E****‏@p[/email]********

One thing is for sure @missingpeople have gained publicity but will lose financial support with Kate #McCann at helm. #notapennyfromme



That may well turn out to be true Candyfloss and the organisation may have to alter tack. As it's new news though and she does command a lot of press I would hope that some good come out of it for those that need it.

K.

Meagain

Posts : 28
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-06-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people

Post by Guest on Tue 10 Jul - 18:17

tigger wrote:What I have understood from the interview:

That the McCanns aren't in a hurry to re-open the inquiry
That the police let them know about Birch and other publicity in advance (so does Murdoch run it past SY first?)
That she personally (or both) launched the Europe wide childline? Is this true? Are they paying for this?
That they have a dinky new travel kit for sale (free advertising for TM)
That she seemed a little put out and almost forgot to be happy about the child whose picture was going to head the campaign being found.

Despite the flapping hands and the jolly frock, there was a certain lack-lustre quality around the whole thing. The interviewers eyeing the autocue and Kate reciting her lines.

The lack of enthusiasm may well be because that's as good as it's going to get, Kate. This is your life for the next 50 years - even being 'ambassador' doesn't come close to the glamour of the early days - not a celebrity in sight.
The film rights which were being discussed so ardently in January 2008 don't seem to come off do they? Yet another documentary is going to be one bit of information too far - the public are losing interest, but we don't. So annoying.


By now they must be looking for a way to start spending their booty.
They cannot take it from the Fund directly, people would notice.
So, they embrace another organisation which could be better placed to pay one of them a salary up front, and whence they can divert their means, away from prying eyes.

Money Laundering Charity Limited Inc?

Where is GM in all of this? KH appears to be apologizing for his absence at the start of the interview. Has he bolted at last?
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people

Post by Guest on Tue 10 Jul - 18:24

Meagain wrote:
tcat wrote:Could they have picked a better person to generate maximum publicity than KM? We'll all be looking at the posters now won't we.

I don't think they're too bothered about what actually happened in PdL on May 3 2007. It's all about 'market share' - charities compete with each other just like any other company in any business sector.

We should just ignore it, and look at the posters of course.



And isn't that partly the point Tcat?

She will bring attention to the charity and to those who are missing and that's not a bad thing in the slightest.

Regardless of what some might feel about Mrs McCann, and whether she is or isn't a good candidate, don't forget what the charity she is now involved with is about - finding children who didn't do anybody any harm. Would any of us turn our backs on a missing child if we thought we had spotted one simply because we don't like Kate McCann or don't agree with the charity's new choice of Ambassador?

Personally I wouldn't care if the new Ambassador for a company helping to get my missing child's plight in the news was the devil himself dancing naked across my t.v. screen. Not if he could command good media coverage so that public attention was drawn to the billboards showing my child's picture and it drew in funds for that charity to keep showing my child's plight. But then each to their own I suppose.

I would hope that all the children are given the same coverage Tigger but for now we will have to wait and see.

And yes, charities do sometimes have the word Ltd after the main part of their name. I worked for one several years ago that did just that but it was still a charity mainly dependant upon donations.

K.
I agree Meagain smilie But I know the worry for many people is publicity like this will be spun by K&G and Mitchell into it being further proof of their 'exoneration' and give them further ammunition in their campaign against Mr Amaral, but hopefully the involvement with the charity doesn't give them more money too (I can't see that being the case however)

Probably the Portuguese courts take no notice of what K&G get up to in the UK (it makes no difference to the law does it) and most of Portugal already thought the UK has been bonkers in the way they've dealt with this case I think?
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people

Post by sami on Tue 10 Jul - 18:38

candyfloss wrote:Now in the Telegraph

[quote from article from KM]

"We are really pleased with the way the Scotland Yard review is progressing, It's in good hands.

"But what we need is for the Portuguese police to reopen the case. That is crucial."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/9388995/Kate-McCann-I-want-to-help-other-families-with-missing-relatives.html



Have they actually written to the PJ and asked?


Well, they have been known to write "open letters" to people in high authority and have them published on the front page of The Sun. Based on this previous approach, I would have thought the same approach would have been taken with the PJ.

I have either missed that edition of The Sun or it has not yet happened.

Indeed, I have not seen or heard a direct appeal from Ms Healy or Mr McCann during any of their tv interviews, you know the appeal along the lines of please please buy my book. Please please re-open the case. That must have escaped me also.

Pity. You won't get if you don't ask.

sami

Posts : 965
Reputation : 53
Join date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people

Post by tuom on Tue 10 Jul - 19:12

Am just in from work and watched the video (Thank You HiDeHo) , it was a 10 minute interview and the "ambassador for missing children" did not mention the most important word until well over 9.5 minutes into it , that word "Madeleine" , I really am not sure what to say on this ! just that KMC will not do any favours for this charity judging by some of the comments I have seen . What will this position mean ? lots of travel and nices dresses and someone to do your hair and make up ? I feel this is a step too far , and it looks like she has overcome her reluctance to leave the twins as she takes up this new position , my smack is gobbed
avatar
tuom

Posts : 531
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-03-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people

Post by tigger on Tue 10 Jul - 19:18

I too, am far from gruntled. tuom.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
avatar
tigger

Posts : 8114
Reputation : 48
Join date : 2011-07-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people

Post by Olympicana_Reloaded on Tue 10 Jul - 20:23

candyfloss wrote:A reply from a representative of Missing People............

S**** G***** Well, I'm a mother of a missing son - he was 18 when he 'disappeared' 20 years ago - and I have worked for Missing People as a family representative for 2 years. I totally support the appointment of Kate McCann, having met her and worked beside her more than once I know she is a genuine person and a grieving mother. Yes, they left the children in the evening but under the particular circumstances, being in a closed resort, being close by and checking regularly, that's something many other parents would do too.

13 minutes ago


That's something many other parents would do She obviously knows next to nothing talking about it being a closed resort.

As far as I am personally concerned there's a huge legal and moral difference between a mother of a missing child who 'disappeared' at the age of 18 and a mother of missing child who 'disappeared' at the tender and vulnerable age of 3 and no Missing People's representative or ambassador is ever going to change my opinions on the legal and moral issues of parental responsibility and accountability.

Olympicana_Reloaded

Posts : 167
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-07-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people

Post by sharonl on Tue 10 Jul - 20:37

You can read about the charity, download the accounts and complain to the charities commission here
http://www.charity-commission.gov.uk/Showcharity/RegisterOfCharities/CharityWithPartB.aspx?RegisteredCharityNumber=1020419&SubsidiaryNumber=0


____________________
"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER" - Rebekah Brooks to David Cameron
avatar
sharonl


Posts : 4194
Reputation : 758
Join date : 2009-12-29

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people

Post by Willo on Tue 10 Jul - 20:57

A reply from a representative of Missing People............

S**** G***** Well, I'm a mother of a missing son - he was 18 when he 'disappeared' 20 years ago - and I have worked for Missing People as a family representative for 2 years. I totally support the appointment of Kate McCann, having met her and worked beside her more than once I know she is a genuine person and a grieving mother. Yes, they left the children in the evening but under the particular circumstances, being in a closed resort, being close by and checking regularly, that's something many other parents would do too.

I'm confused, is this charity about finding missing people or giving instructions on how to lose them?

How more warped can this case become?


avatar
Willo

Posts : 141
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-05-24
Location : NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people

Post by aquila on Tue 10 Jul - 21:02

Willo wrote:A reply from a representative of Missing People............

S**** G***** Well, I'm a mother of a missing son - he was 18 when he 'disappeared' 20 years ago - and I have worked for Missing People as a family representative for 2 years. I totally support the appointment of Kate McCann, having met her and worked beside her more than once I know she is a genuine person and a grieving mother. Yes, they left the children in the evening but under the particular circumstances, being in a closed resort, being close by and checking regularly, that's something many other parents would do too.

I'm confused, is this charity about finding missing people or giving instructions on how to lose them?

How more warped can this case become?



Who knows Willo, Kate is involved now and confusion abounds. Bloody awful decision this charity made today.
avatar
aquila

Posts : 8587
Reputation : 1635
Join date : 2011-09-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people

Post by Cristobell on Tue 10 Jul - 21:52

tigger wrote:What I have understood from the interview:

That the McCanns aren't in a hurry to re-open the inquiry
That the police let them know about Birch and other publicity in advance (so does Murdoch run it past SY first?)
That she personally (or both) launched the Europe wide childline? Is this true? Are they paying for this?
That they have a dinky new travel kit for sale (free advertising for TM)
That she seemed a little put out and almost forgot to be happy about the child whose picture was going to head the campaign being found.

Despite the flapping hands and the jolly frock, there was a certain lack-lustre quality around the whole thing. The interviewers eyeing the autocue and Kate reciting her lines.

The lack of enthusiasm may well be because that's as good as it's going to get, Kate. This is your life for the next 50 years - even being 'ambassador' doesn't come close to the glamour of the early days - not a celebrity in sight.
The film rights which were being discussed so ardently in January 2008 don't seem to come off do they? Yet another documentary is going to be one bit of information too far - the public are losing interest, but we don't. So annoying.





Do you get a sense of resignation from that interview too Tigger? I don't feel she has a real passion for the cause. If it isn't about Madeleine, and TM it isn't about anybody. The joyous news that a child had been found, barely raised her voice above montone.

In fairness, the Kate and Gerry holding hands on the sofa routine is now a bit icky, but I thought he would have been at her side for something like this.

Cristobell

Posts : 2436
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2011-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people

Post by tuom on Tue 10 Jul - 22:06

Willo wrote:A reply from a representative of Missing People............

S**** G***** Well, I'm a mother of a missing son - he was 18 when he 'disappeared' 20 years ago - and I have worked for Missing People as a family representative for 2 years. I totally support the appointment of Kate McCann, having met her and worked beside her more than once I know she is a genuine person and a grieving mother. Yes, they left the children in the evening but under the particular circumstances, being in a closed resort, being close by and checking regularly, that's something many other parents would do too.

I'm confused, is this charity about finding missing people or giving instructions on how to lose them?

How more warped can this case become?



I refer to the lines in red above .... IMO it should read , yes they left three children under four on their own , the particular circumstances is they went to wine and dine with their friends , the "closed resort" was an unlocked apartment right beside a road , they checked them yes but not very often according to the late Mrs Fenn , I do not think that other parents would do that too . If thats what it takes to be an ambassador for missing children , ah well Rolling Eyes
avatar
tuom

Posts : 531
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-03-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people

Post by Guest on Tue 10 Jul - 22:09

I see there is now a petition posted on Missing People facebook page for those not in favour of this appointment..........



Justine Bentley http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/kate-mccann-should-not-be-an-ambassador-for/signatures






kate mccann should not be an ambassador for missing people signatures

www.ipetitions.com


Signatures for petition kate mccann should not be an ambassador for missing people. Add your sig!
7 minutes ago
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people

Post by mccannscam on Tue 10 Jul - 22:15


mccannscam

Posts : 7
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-07-10

Back to top Go down

Leicestershire Link

Post by paradigm on Tue 10 Jul - 22:18

c & p

from missing persons site trustees

Chris Rollings is a Chief Superintendent with Leicestershire Constabulary. For the last 10 years he has been in charge of missing persons for the Force, introducing a computerised missing persons system in 2002, and a new way of working with local authority partners whereby the top 10 missing persons were reviewed regularly.

Following an inspection in 2007 Leicestershire Constabulary were the only police force in the country to receive an ‘excellent’ rating for missing persons investigation. Chris’ role quickly developed into a more national focus and he assisted in the introduction of Child Rescue Alert across the country. Chris currently chairs the East Midlands Regional Missing Persons Group and a National police group of 23 Forces using the same computer system. He has a passion for improving the investigation and management of Missing Persons cases.

paradigm

Posts : 2
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-07-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people

Post by aquila on Tue 10 Jul - 22:22

candyfloss wrote:I see there is now a petition posted on Missing People facebook page for those not in favour of this appointment..........



Justine Bentley http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/kate-mccann-should-not-be-an-ambassador-for/signatures






kate mccann should not be an ambassador for missing people signatures

www.ipetitions.com



Signatures for petition kate mccann should not be an ambassador for missing people. Add your sig!
7 minutes ago

I just tried to sign the petition and couldn't get past a page asking me for dollar contributions.
avatar
aquila

Posts : 8587
Reputation : 1635
Join date : 2011-09-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people

Post by mccannscam on Tue 10 Jul - 22:26


mccannscam

Posts : 7
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-07-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people

Post by aquila on Tue 10 Jul - 22:30

[quote="mccannscam"]try this link , i got to it ok http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/kate-mccann-should-not-be-an-ambassador-for/signatures[/quote]

my signature worked anyway, I see it there. Thanks. I hope everyone on this forum signs up.

eta. I see there is a signature from someone who may or may not be jill havern. It's not my entry.
avatar
aquila

Posts : 8587
Reputation : 1635
Join date : 2011-09-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people

Post by Guest on Tue 10 Jul - 22:35

Understandable I suppose that Missing people have now deleted that post with the link to the petition.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people

Post by ProfessorPPlum on Tue 10 Jul - 22:36

The McCann's were guilty of neglecting their children. Of course, the abduction story absolves them of any responsibility and makes them the victims, not Madeleine, that's why they cling to it so tightly.

It seems that pro-McCann's seem to have one thing in common: they evidently all have done - or would do - something similar with their kids. That's where the dividing line fall on this issue. Everyone here is horrified by the thought of leaving three toddlers alone to go drinking & socialising.

This representative is clearly one of those people who not only thinks that leaving three toddlers alone in a foreign resort with unlocked doors is ok but that even if it wasn't then the terrible loss of the the 'abduction' somehow absolves Kate and Gerry of their responsibility.

Her appointment to this role is just another carefully-managed PR move at the expense of decency, ethics and good taste.

____________________
The prime suspects in the disappearance of Madeleine McCann cannot be permitted to dictate what can and can't be discussed about the case
avatar
ProfessorPPlum

Posts : 411
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-05-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people

Post by Guest on Tue 10 Jul - 22:37

[quote="aquila"]
mccannscam wrote:try this link , i got to it ok http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/kate-mccann-should-not-be-an-ambassador-for/signatures[/quote]

my signature worked anyway, I see it there. Thanks. I hope everyone on this forum signs up.

eta. I see there is a signature from someone who may or may not be jill havern. It's not my entry.

It's mine.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people

Post by Fred Up on Tue 10 Jul - 22:41

[quote="aquila"]
mccannscam wrote:try this link , i got to it ok http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/kate-mccann-should-not-be-an-ambassador-for/signatures[/quote]

my signature worked anyway, I see it there. Thanks. I hope everyone on this forum signs up.



Done.

____________________
NIL ILLEGITIMI CARBORUNDUM.
avatar
Fred Up

Posts : 44
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-08-03
Location : Left Of Centre.

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate McCann becomes ambassador for missing people

Post by aquila on Tue 10 Jul - 22:42

[quote="admin"]
aquila wrote:
mccannscam wrote:try this link , i got to it ok http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/kate-mccann-should-not-be-an-ambassador-for/signatures[/quote]

my signature worked anyway, I see it there. Thanks. I hope everyone on this forum signs up.

eta. I see there is a signature from someone who may or may not be jill havern. It's not my entry.

It's mine.

there's a lot of love and justice coming Madeleine's way.
avatar
aquila

Posts : 8587
Reputation : 1635
Join date : 2011-09-03

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum