The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Good luck Andy Murray in your first Wimbledon final now second final, UPDATE WINNER ANDY MURRAY

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Good luck Andy Murray in your first Wimbledon final now second final, UPDATE WINNER ANDY MURRAY

Post by Tony Bennett on 06.07.12 22:42

Just coming out of hiding for a moment to wish Andy Murray every success on Sunday.

Andy was 8 years old, and his brother Kevin 10, when they hid under desks in a Dunblane primary school to avoid being killed by a hail of bullets fired by enraged child molestor Thomas Hamilton, who for years had been protected by certain members of the Scottish political, media and judicial establishment. Many of their school friends were among the 16 that perished in that horrific incident.

From that awful, traumatic event, he has built a successful career.

It would be some sort of symbolic triumph of good over evil were Murray to become Wimbledon champion on Sunday

The amazing symbiosis between bees and flowers:

https://answersingenesis.org/evidence-for-creation/god-created-plant-pollinator-partners/  

Tony Bennett
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Good luck Andy Murray in your first Wimbledon final now second final, UPDATE WINNER ANDY MURRAY

Post by bobbin on 06.07.12 22:52

@Tony Bennett wrote:Just coming out of hiding for a moment to wish Andy Murray every success on Sunday.

Andy was 8 years old, and his brother Kevin 10, when they hid under desks in a Dunblane primary school to avoid being killed by a hail of bullets fired by enraged child molestor Thomas Hamilton, who for years had been protected by certain members of the Scottish political, media and judicial establishment. Many of their school friends were among the 16 that perished in that horrific incident.

From that awful, traumatic event, he has built a successful career.

It would be some sort of symbolic triumph of good over evil were Murray to become Wimbledon champion on Sunday

I second that Toni, but just to get this far is a marvelous achievement already. I also wish Andy every chance of that Wimbledon win.

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Good luck Andy Murray in your first Wimbledon final now second final, UPDATE WINNER ANDY MURRAY

Post by Angelique on 06.07.12 23:23

May I third that - I didn't know about the trauma he experienced whilst a young lad. He has shown over the years that he has tremendous staying power and depth of character - I too hope this is his year. Go to it Andy!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by listener on 06.07.12 23:45

@Angelique wrote:May I third that - I didn't know about the trauma he experienced whilst a young lad. He has shown over the years that he has tremendous staying power and depth of character - I too hope this is his year. Go to it Andy!

From Wikipedia -

The Dunblane school massacre occurred at Dunblane Primary School in the Scottish town of Dunblane on 13 March 1996. The gunman, 43-year-old Thomas Hamilton, entered the school armed with four handguns, shooting and killing sixteen children and one adult before committing suicide. Along with the 1987 Hungerford massacre and the 2010 Cumbria shootings, it remains one of the worst criminal acts involving firearms in the history of the United Kingdom.

On 13 March 1996, unemployed former shopkeeper and former Scout leader. Thomas Hamilton (born Thomas Watt, Jr. 10 May 1952) walked into the Dunblane Primary School armed with two 9 mm Browning HP pistols and two Smith & Wesson M19 .357 Magnum revolvers, all legally held. He was carrying 743 cartridges, and fired his weapons 109 times. The subsequent police investigation revealed that Hamilton had loaded the magazines for his Browning with an alternating combination of full-metal-jacket and hollow-point ammunition.

After gaining entry to the school, Hamilton made his way to the gymnasium and opened fire on a Primary One class of five- and six-year-olds, killing or wounding all but one person. Fifteen children died together with their class teacher, Gwen Mayor, who was killed trying to protect the children. Hamilton then left the gymnasium through the emergency exit. In the playground outside he began shooting into a mobile classroom. A teacher in the mobile classroom had previously realised that something was seriously wrong and told the children to hide under the tables. Most of the bullets became embedded in books and equipment, though "one passed through a chair which seconds before had been used by a child. He also fired at a group of children walking in a corridor, injuring one teacher. Hamilton returned to the gym and with one of his two revolvers fired one shot pointing upwards into his mouth, killing himself instantly. A further eleven children and three adults were rushed to the hospital as soon as the emergency services arrived. One child, Mhairi Isabel MacBeath, was pronounced dead on arrival at the hospital.

Public debate subsequent to these events centred on gun-control laws, including public petitions calling for a ban on private ownership of handguns and an official enquiry, the Cullen Report. In response to this debate, the Firearms (Amendment) Act 1997 and the Firearms (Amendment) (No. 2) Act 1997 were enacted, which effectively made private ownership of handguns illegal in the United Kingdom

I think most of Scotland will be 'tuned-in' on Sunday afternoon, silently praying he succeeds against the mighty RF
listener

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.07.12 20:55

Well, he didn't win but put up a brave fight. Well done Andy, I was blubbing watching this speech at the end................

[youtube][/youtube]

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique on 09.07.12 1:21

listener

My oh my, I didn't know this. Thank you for posting the information.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique on 09.07.12 1:30

candyfloss

Many thanks for the YouTube - I was hoping to see it again somewhere and I think many people will be moved a second time, and more, watching his Speech again. He gave his heart to the game, I was proud of him, he did his best. I was sobbing too!

I loved his comment - "I'm getting closer!"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 24.06.13 12:32

Andy Murray: I hope I have made Dunblane proud (yes you have, and not just Dunblane)

23 June 2013
Last updated at 22:42

Andy Murray hopes his tennis success has helped the healing in Dunblane, his home town ripped apart by a horrific shooting incident 17 years ago.
Thomas Hamilton killed 16 children and one teacher at Dunblane Primary School on 13 March, 1996.

In a BBC One documentary broadcast on Sunday, Murray, a pupil at the school at the time of the shooting, broke down in tears when recalling what happened.
"You have no idea how tough something like that is," he told Sue Barker.

Cradling his dog on his lap, the emotional Scot, 26, said the incident had affected him deeply but hoped his numerous triumphs on the tennis court had been a positive influence on Dunblane.
"It is just nice being able to do something the town is proud of," said the reigning Olympic and US Open champion, whose elder brother Jamie was also a pupil at Dunblane Primary School.
In the hour-long documentary, Murray's mother, Judy, recalled the day Hamilton entered the school with four handguns, opening fire on a class of five- and six-year-olds in the gymnasium.
He later shot himself dead before he could be captured.

Judy said that Andy had been walking to the gym when the shootings had begun and said her family knew Hamilton, a 43-year-old unemployed former shopkeeper, before the incident took place.
"Andy's class were on their way to the gym, his class were the next ones in the gym," she said. "His class was stopped when somebody went up, when they heard the noise and discovered what had happened."
Struggling to contain her emotions, she explained: "I was one of hundreds of mums that were queuing up at the school gates waiting to find out what had happened, not knowing if your children were alive or not."
She added she still found it difficult visiting the school and purposely avoided the gym where the shootings took place.

"I actually don't go near that part of the building," she said. "When I go up to school now, if I'm doing something, I'll do it in the playground or I do it in the new gym."
In the aftermath of the shooting, Judy said Andy and Jamie had wanted to know why Hamilton had done what he did.
"There were lots and lots of questions from them, mainly I think because they knew the guy who had done it because they used to go to one of his boys' clubs up at the high school," said Judy.
She also revealed that she had given Hamilton "lifts up and down from the train station to the high school", making her sons question the killer's motives even more.
She added that Andy would talk about the incident from "time to time" but that Jamie "never ever talked about it".
Andy added that he had not wanted to know too much about what had happened at the time but that his view had changed.

"It wasn't until a few years ago that I started to actually research it and look into it," he said.
Jamie, 27, was also interviewed in the BBC documentary, titled 'Andy Murray: The Man Behind the Racquet'.

A former Grand Slam winner himself, having won the mixed doubles title with Jelena Jankovic in 2007, he agreed that his brother's achievements had helped Dunblane recover from its ordeal.
"It's nice that, after all the negative publicity the town got after what happened so many years ago, that it's able to be shown in a positive light now," he said. "I guess that's a testament to the success that Andy's had."
Andy, currently ranked number two in the world, begins his quest for a first Wimbledon men's singles crown on Monday, when he faces German Benjamin Becker in a first-round match on Centre Court.
The British number one lost in last year's final, beaten in four sets by Roger Federer, who was claiming the title for a seventh time.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/23024384

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 07.07.13 19:16

Well done Andy - Wimbledon Champion

bravo 
clapping clapping clapping 

Mrs Mrs Mrs 

exalt exalt exalt cheerleader cheerleader cheerleader 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 07.07.13 19:28

It was obviously fixed for him to finally win in the Queen's Coronation year - played the Number One player in the world and whooped his ass in three straight sets? nah

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 07.07.13 19:34

Did you watch it? Great match, and he did beat Novak to become US Open champion a few months ago. Excellent stuff....well done Andy!Mrs 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 07.07.13 19:35

Yeah, I did! The first match I've watched properly since McEnroe/Borg big grin

It was brill clapping

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 07.07.13 20:17

McEnroe/Borg ... was that late seventies and Paris ... ?

Last time I watched soccer [voluntarily and with pleasure] was Real Madrid - Benfica [early 60's ...?]
May go and have a look for old-times-sake dance 

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin on 07.07.13 20:54

When I first glanced at the title I thought for a minute we had a new thread wishing Andy Redwood good luck.

Anyway, well done Andy Murray

tasprin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 on 08.07.13 8:21

Well done Murray, he played brilliantly.

Don't want to hijack this thread but I found this interesting reading.

http://www.dunblaneexposed.info/2005/06/i-blame-police-sex-ring-for-conspiracy-of-silence-over-the-dunblane-massacre/

‘It is also blatantly obvious that Central Scotland Police, who were chosen to investigate the background to the murders, should never have been involved in a so-called independent inquiry. ‘They were implicated in the events under scrutiny and continually provided Hamilton with renewals of his gun licence despite long-term and repeated warnings that this should not happen. It was known that Hamilton had friends in the police force, including one highly placed officer. - See more at: http://www.dunblaneexposed.info/2005/06/i-blame-police-sex-ring-for-conspiracy-of-silence-over-the-dunblane-massacre/#sthash.nG64rHpH.dpuf
Pershing36

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 08.07.13 8:28

@admin wrote:It was obviously fixed for him to finally win in the Queen's Coronation year - played the Number One player in the world and whooped his ass in three straight sets? nah

I said that about the Queen's horse (given to her by the Aga Khan) finally winning the Diamond Jubilee Cup (used to be called the Gold Cup) at Ascot. this year big grin 

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique on 08.07.13 8:31

I would like to congratulate Andy Murray for his magnificent win at last! He puts so much effort into his game I feel so proud of him for his achievement. A superb athlete and a talented man. I was unable to watch the match but caught the presentation - I was utterly, utterly thrilled for him.

What a Champion and yes, what a year to achieve his goal!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.07.13 11:43

Andy Murray deserves knighthood - David Cameron

Prime Minister David Cameron says Andy Murray deserves a knighthood after becoming the first Briton to win the Wimbledon men's singles since 1936.

Murray won the title with a 6-4 7-5 6-4 triumph against world number one Novak Djokovic on Sunday.
"I can't think of anyone who deserves one more," said Mr Cameron, who watched the match from the Royal Box.

But Murray said: "It's a nice thing to have or be offered but I don't know if it merits that."

Mr Cameron said Murray's win had "lifted the spirits of the whole country".

The prime minister cannot personally award an honour to the 26-year-old, stressing that they are awarded independently.
People are nominated for their achievements by members of the public and whether they are given an honour - and the type of honour - is decided by a committee.

The committee's decision goes to the prime minister and then to the Queen.
More to follow.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/23225645

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 08.07.13 12:26

And the Royal Baby next week, and just announced that Zara Tyndall / Phillips is pregnant, due in the New Year.
Why do people believe that nice things happening are a conspiracy ? Are we now so inured to bad news that it has become normal.

PeterMac
Investigator

View user profile http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 08.07.13 13:06

I thought yesterday was brilliant and well done to Andy Murray! Fantastic! He so deserved this massive history making win and he is a real credit to our Isles, especially after all that he has been through since a 9 year old. Dunblane will be known as something very positive now

It was also nice to see the way the Djokovic family congratulated the Murray family at the end too. Dignified and gracious in defeat which says so much about them

It really disappoints me the number of negative comments from people everywhere, just because he is Scottish...so what, and it does make me wonder to the level of hatred people have. He is a human being who had to live the most horrific experience and instead of being negative and letting it destroy his life, he turned it into a positive and achieved what no Brit has done in 77 years, not only beating the world number 1 but blew him away in a sport we are generally hopeless in. This was phenomenal success and many of this hating mob could learn a thing or two from him to make their own miserable lives better, rather than being full of hate all the time

Politicians should keep OUT of sporting events, there is no place for them here. You would have thought having just achieved this success that the first headline would be on this, but was twisted to firstly report cameron tweets, milliband tweets, queen messages etc preceding what Murray had just achieved. Typical MSM propaganda to seize upon this opportunity to promote their own agenda and how caring they are. Cameron seems to be associated to all the Murray stories in one or other yesterday or today. If he really cared about the UK population, then cameron should spend his time stopping social services STEALING our kids & destroying family lives, stop taking the country into poverty, stop the poison chemicals being sprayed upon us every day from the skies, stop (and eat himself) the poison GM crops instead of promoting them, be open and transparent about secret Bilderberg meetings, stop steam rolling into the Middle East to get to Iran....not lording it up on centre court for good PR to fool people into thinking he actually has a real shred of care for the population

But well done to Andy Murray anyway, a real legend and gave us a day to really enjoy and feel happy and proud about

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown on 08.07.13 20:25

Andy M was told this morning in an interview he was giving on ITV that instead of curries being affectionately known as "Ruby Murrays", they've now been renamed "Andy Murrays"! laughat 

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum