The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Why did they not use the babysitting service, why consider Millenium? and why that room?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why did they not use the babysitting service, why consider Millenium? and why that room?

Post by Guest on 09.06.12 10:31

Does anyone know or remember if they have ever explained why they did not use the babysitting service since it was free of cost ?

And does anyone know why they even considered using Millenium restaurant, when it was further away than the Tapas`? Considering they are serving identical meals at both places.. They say they didnt use it because it was a a long walk and they didnt have a buggy. But why even consider the place? Is it not normal in a vacation like that, to choose the nereast place when the offers are the same?

And why did they not put their children in their room, when that is the only room visible from the Tapas?

The head of Acommodation Vitor Santos has worked there for 18 years and says this in his statement : (snippets)

For dinner the guests could choose between two options, the Tapas and the Millenium and although the meals are identical
In this case in concrete, the rational choice for dinner would be the Tapas restaurant as it is 100 metres distance from the apartment, whilst the Millenium is situated 600 metres away.

The witness states that from the restaurant it is possible to see the apartment including the window of the living room and the bedroom where the parents slept
Therefore the most viable solution would be to leave the children in the parents bedroom or in the living room where they could easily be checked from the place where the parents were dining.


When questioned about the availability of a baby sitting service from 19.30 to 23.30 he confirms that this service exists and that it is free.

When asked, the witness replies that he cannot understand why as the service was free, the McCanns did not use it.


Full statement:
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/VITOR-SANTOS.htm
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why did they not use the babysitting service, why consider Millenium? and why that room?

Post by Gillyspot on 09.06.12 10:46

The McCanns' said they didn't want to use the babysitting service (it was chargeable) because they didn't want to leave their children with strangers. Remember these very strangers (nannies) were the ones they left the children with all day every day. I think they said they didn't want to use the creche as it would disturb the children's sleep.

As regards the room where the children slept they couldn't see into their own bedroom from the tapas so I can't see where the children were (or weren't) made any difference.

It always appeared to me that despite Gerry saying “It was such a relaxing holiday, in fact, as a family unit up until that night it was as good a holiday as we have had with the children.” it wasn't a "family" holiday as they seemed to have spent as little time as possible with the chiildren.


____________________
Kate McCann "I know that what happened is not due to the fact of us leaving the children asleep. I know it happened under other circumstances"
avatar
Gillyspot

Posts : 1470
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2011-06-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why did they not use the babysitting service, why consider Millenium? and why that room?

Post by Guest on 09.06.12 10:55

I think by the babysitting service, he meant the free creche in the evening where the children would be looked after, then picked up. Of course that shut early, was it around 11 pm, so probably not long enough for those who wanted to stay out after that. It would mean picking up the child and taking it home, and spoiling your evening.

There was also the other babysitting service, which was charged at £10 per hour.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why did they not use the babysitting service, why consider Millenium? and why that room?

Post by Guest on 09.06.12 11:00

candyfloss wrote:I think by the babysitting service, he meant the free creche in the evening where the children would be looked after, then picked up. Of course that shut early, was it around 11 pm, so probably not long enough for those who wanted to stay out after that. It would mean picking up the child and taking it home, and spoiling your evening.

There was also the other babysitting service, which was charged at £10 per hour.

It was open til 23.30

The mccanns said they where boring people going to bed early. That was their routine.

So for selfish reasons they would rather leave them alone instead of taking the time and keep them safe and then carrie them back to their apartment.

Great parents specialy Kate as the overprotective mother beeing scared leaving them in a bench where she could see them while buying ice cream.

That makes absolutely no sence at all . Does not fit in with not using the free babysitting.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why did they not use the babysitting service, why consider Millenium? and why that room?

Post by Gillyspot on 09.06.12 11:14

Good point Moa. It seems that there is a lot of confusion regarding most of what they have done then & since the "abduction". - Gerry did say he liked "confusion" though.

____________________
Kate McCann "I know that what happened is not due to the fact of us leaving the children asleep. I know it happened under other circumstances"
avatar
Gillyspot

Posts : 1470
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2011-06-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why did they not use the babysitting service, why consider Millenium? and why that room?

Post by uppatoffee on 09.06.12 11:36

Found this on babysitters at the resort.

"Margaret Hall was employed by the Mark Warner resort in P da L for six months from October 2006 as a baby sitter for the clients."

Seems odd that she waited until 1 November 2007 to come forward with her information that there was another attempted abduction from the same apartment, when she caught someone watching outside the apartment. Was the Rothley meeting around this time too?

"A witness called Margaret Hall who worked at the OC was located and tells us that six months before the incident with Maddie there could have been an abduction attempt from the same apartment that was let to the McCann family. On the 1st November 2007 she makes a statement in full honour that refers to the following:

Margaret Hall was employed by the Mark Warner resort in P da L for six months from October 2006 as a baby sitter for the clients. She says that in August/September 2006 she was working as a babysitter in the same apartment that the girl was abducted from. She confirms that the events occurred on a Thursday night. Thursday nights were known as the "tennis nights" and on that night the girl's parents were out playing tennis.

Given that there were problems with rodents in the apartments she went out to have a look in the area at about 00.30. She left by the front door and in the darkness, by the movement sensitive lights, she saw something move and thought its was a rat. To her surprise, when she examined it closely, she saw that it was a brown shoe of a man who was watching the dark zone outside the apartments. She shouted and the man came out of the darkness, the lights were activated at which point he came towards her and said "No, no".

She said the man was aged between 25 - 35 years, with a Mediterranean aspect with tight black curly hair. She is certain that he had a Mediterranean accent, surely Portuguese. From the only two words he said. He wore light coloured trousers and a blue checked shirt.

After this she returned to the apartment in a state of shock, it was obvious that there was no good reason for him to be hiding in the darkness outside the apartment. She said that the front door was the main door to enter the apartment, situated at the back. When asked if she could make a sketch of the area she said she would do so. The next day she told her superior about the incident, who in turn informed the resort manager, J.H. She said that they appeared to be more worried about the subject of the rodents than about the man.

She did not have any contact with the Portuguese police, neither was she interviewed by them about this matter.

She makes her statement under compromise of honour.

avatar
uppatoffee

Posts : 626
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2011-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why did they not use the babysitting service, why consider Millenium? and why that room?

Post by uppatoffee on 09.06.12 11:40

Just seen that Margaret Hall was found by Metodo 3, so perhaps not a valid testimony at all. Her report was given to the PJ by M3 not in person. Does she even exist?
avatar
uppatoffee

Posts : 626
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2011-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why did they not use the babysitting service, why consider Millenium? and why that room?

Post by Guest on 09.06.12 11:43

How can she have seen this in August/September 2006 when she didn't start till october 2006.....



Margaret Hall was employed by the Mark Warner resort in P da L for six months from October 2006 as a baby sitter for the clients. She says that in August/September 2006 she was working as a babysitter in the same apartment that the girl was abducted from

avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why did they not use the babysitting service, why consider Millenium? and why that room?

Post by uppatoffee on 09.06.12 11:47

Mmm, did think that when I first read it Candyfloss. Makes me think she really doesn't exist!
avatar
uppatoffee

Posts : 626
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2011-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why did they not use the babysitting service, why consider Millenium? and why that room?

Post by uppatoffee on 09.06.12 11:50

Staff records should be able to clear this up though.
avatar
uppatoffee

Posts : 626
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2011-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why did they not use the babysitting service, why consider Millenium? and why that room?

Post by PeterMac on 09.06.12 12:06

How many babysitters do MW need to employ for October, November, December, January, February, March.
The place is empty.

____________________

avatar
PeterMac
Investigator

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 174
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Why did they not use the babysitting service, why consider Millenium? and why that room?

Post by Guest on 09.06.12 12:17

Just found this in the Mirror, complete with sketch


ByGraham Brough, Paul Byrne

20 Aug 2008 00:00

Madeleine McCann: Nanny's new sketch echoes picture of kidnapper



Revealed: Shadowy figure seen lurking in the bushes outside the flat from where Maddy vanished.




Madeleine suspect (Pic:Photonews)

This is the shadowy figure seen lurking in the bushes outside the flat from where Madeleine McCann vanished.

And the woman who confronted the straggly-haired stranger eight months before is convinced he is the same man family friend Jane Tanner spotted carrying a child in pyjamas the night Maddy disappeared.

Despite telling police, British nanny Margaret Hall was not asked to help with an artist's impression.

Now, thanks to the Daily Mirror, a sketch of his face can be seen for the first time.

Margaret yesterday told the Mirror she saw the prowler hiding in the dark as she left through the back entrance after baby-sitting at apartment 5A of the Ocean Club resort in Praia da Luz, the year before Maddy was taken from the appartment.

She screamed in terror as the unshaven figure stepped out.

His movement set off a security light and the nanny clearly saw his face. "He came towards me saying 'no, no'. I just turned round and ran back to the apartment," she said.

Shaking with fear, she was later led back to her own flat.

The man had vanished but Margaret, 51, reported the incident to bosses at the resort the next day.

She was back in the UK when she heard of Maddy's disappearance in May last year - and a chill ran down her spine when she realised the little girl had been taken from the apartment where she had worked.

Her mind immediately pictured the scruffy, long-haired stranger.

She told police in her home town of Bolton and was interviewed but no photofit was ever issued.

Margaret later saw the sketch of a man carrying a young girl in pyjamas and instinctively she thought to herself: "That's him."

It had been made from details given by Jane Tanner, a pal of Gerry and Kate McCann.

Margaret added: "My description of the man is very similar to that of Jane Tanner's.

"He had long hair but it was quite scruffy and straggly looking.

"He had said 'no' in English but he was not English because of his skin colouring. He looked more Portuguese than anything."

After hearing nothing from the police in the UK, she went straight to Metodo 3, the private investigators working for Kate and Gerry.

They passed her information to Portuguese police, who dismissed it as being "out-dated".

Her information only came to light after Portuguese officers released all their files relating to Maddy earlier this

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-nannys-new-sketch-329189

avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why did they not use the babysitting service, why consider Millenium? and why that room?

Post by Guest on 09.06.12 12:30

candyfloss wrote:Just found this in the Mirror, complete with sketch


ByGraham Brough, Paul Byrne

20 Aug 2008 00:00

Madeleine McCann: Nanny's new sketch echoes picture of kidnapper



Revealed: Shadowy figure seen lurking in the bushes outside the flat from where Maddy vanished.




Madeleine suspect (Pic:Photonews)

This is the shadowy figure seen lurking in the bushes outside the flat from where Madeleine McCann vanished.

And the woman who confronted the straggly-haired stranger eight months before is convinced he is the same man family friend Jane Tanner spotted carrying a child in pyjamas the night Maddy disappeared.

Despite telling police, British nanny Margaret Hall was not asked to help with an artist's impression.

Now, thanks to the Daily Mirror, a sketch of his face can be seen for the first time.

Margaret yesterday told the Mirror she saw the prowler hiding in the dark as she left through the back entrance after baby-sitting at apartment 5A of the Ocean Club resort in Praia da Luz, the year before Maddy was taken from the appartment.

She screamed in terror as the unshaven figure stepped out.

His movement set off a security light and the nanny clearly saw his face. "He came towards me saying 'no, no'. I just turned round and ran back to the apartment," she said.

Shaking with fear, she was later led back to her own flat.

The man had vanished but Margaret, 51, reported the incident to bosses at the resort the next day.

She was back in the UK when she heard of Maddy's disappearance in May last year - and a chill ran down her spine when she realised the little girl had been taken from the apartment where she had worked.

Her mind immediately pictured the scruffy, long-haired stranger.

She told police in her home town of Bolton and was interviewed but no photofit was ever issued.

Margaret later saw the sketch of a man carrying a young girl in pyjamas and instinctively she thought to herself: "That's him."

It had been made from details given by Jane Tanner, a pal of Gerry and Kate McCann.

Margaret added: "My description of the man is very similar to that of Jane Tanner's.

"He had long hair but it was quite scruffy and straggly looking.

"He had said 'no' in English but he was not English because of his skin colouring. He looked more Portuguese than anything."

After hearing nothing from the police in the UK, she went straight to Metodo 3, the private investigators working for Kate and Gerry.

They passed her information to Portuguese police, who dismissed it as being "out-dated".

Her information only came to light after Portuguese officers released all their files relating to Maddy earlier this

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-nannys-new-sketch-329189


We all know who he is, now: soccer player Ruud Gullit of course!
At least this is how he used to wear his hair back in 1978!

So there, problem solved, don't we all agree?

But hey! Didn't Jane Tanner say she never saw a face?!
Must have slipped the witnesses mind.

Cujos to the PJ for not running after every Eejit.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why did they not use the babysitting service, why consider Millenium? and why that room?

Post by Gillyspot on 09.06.12 13:12

candyfloss wrote:

She told police in her home town of Bolton and was interviewed but no photofit was ever issued.

"He had said 'no' in English but he was not English because of his skin colouring. He looked more Portuguese than anything."

After hearing nothing from the police in the UK, she went straight to Metodo 3, the private investigators working for Kate and Gerry.

They passed her information to Portuguese police, who dismissed it as being "out-dated".

Her information only came to light after Portuguese officers released all their files relating to Maddy earlier this

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-nannys-new-sketch-329189


Few quotes in bold.

1) She gave her evidence to Bolton police - why would she expect to have someone come back to her?

2)Then to Metado 3 - After a reward perchance?

3 - So anyone who has a tan is Portuguese then.

Noticed this from her non statement in PJ files

"Given that there were problems with rodents in the apartments she went out to have a look in the area at about 00.30. She left by the front door and in the darkness, by the movement sensitive lights, she saw something move and thought its was a rat. To her surprise, when she examined it closely, she saw that it was a brown shoe of a man who was watching the dark zone outside the apartments. She shouted and the man came out of the darkness, the lights were activated at which point he came towards her and said "No, no"."

So there were movement sensitive lights? I hadn't noticed that before. Would make it easy to spot a lurker if the lights went on wouldn't it?

____________________
Kate McCann "I know that what happened is not due to the fact of us leaving the children asleep. I know it happened under other circumstances"
avatar
Gillyspot

Posts : 1470
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2011-06-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why did they not use the babysitting service, why consider Millenium? and why that room?

Post by Guest on 09.06.12 13:19

Who on earth goes out of the apartment after midnight to look for rodents, which I presume means rats. Most women are scared to death of rats, so she decides on a whim to got out in the pitch black to look for them...........yeah

And if there was this kind of lighting then the lights would come on with any movement, rats, people etc. moving. It happens in our back garden all the time everytime a hedgehog is on the lawn Doh, what a load of b******t!!
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why did they not use the babysitting service, why consider Millenium? and why that room?

Post by uppatoffee on 09.06.12 13:26

And all this as it was tennis night and the parents were both playing! Mrs
avatar
uppatoffee

Posts : 626
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2011-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why did they not use the babysitting service, why consider Millenium? and why that room?

Post by Guest on 09.06.12 13:32

candyfloss wrote:How can she have seen this in August/September 2006 when she didn't start till october 2006.....



Margaret Hall was employed by the Mark Warner resort in P da L for six months from October 2006 as a baby sitter for the clients. She says that in August/September 2006 she was working as a babysitter in the same apartment that the girl was abducted from




I read this one yesterday and for the same reason you point out I did not take this statement seriouse. So I Went to the next one. And if method 3 also talked to her we defently should not spend time on that statement.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why did they not use the babysitting service, why consider Millenium? and why that room?

Post by Guest on 09.06.12 15:01

Moa wrote:
candyfloss wrote:I think by the babysitting service, he meant the free creche in the evening where the children would be looked after, then picked up. Of course that shut early, was it around 11 pm, so probably not long enough for those who wanted to stay out after that. It would mean picking up the child and taking it home, and spoiling your evening.

There was also the other babysitting service, which was charged at £10 per hour.

It was open til 23.30

The mccanns said they where boring people going to bed early. That was their routine.

So for selfish reasons they would rather leave them alone instead of taking the time and keep them safe and then carrie them back to their apartment.
***
If memory serves me their holiday arrangement included half-day creche
for the children. They had to and did pay an additional fee for using the creche
facilities the whole day.
I can imagine that they didn't want to be disturbed during dinner by
someone at the night creche calling to them to fetch a non-settling crying child [remember Wilkins statement] or carrying
them back to the apartment after a boozy night, but why for C'sake didn't they fork out another 20-30 quid to be perfectly safe with their kids being watched in the apartment???
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why did they not use the babysitting service, why consider Millenium? and why that room?

Post by Hummingbird on 09.06.12 15:51

candyfloss wrote:Who on earth goes out of the apartment after midnight to look for rodents, which I presume means rats. Most women are scared to death of rats, so she decides on a whim to got out in the pitch black to look for them...........yeah

And if there was this kind of lighting then the lights would come on with any movement, rats, people etc. moving. It happens in our back garden all the time everytime a hedgehog is on the lawn Doh, what a load of b******t!!

Anyone live in Portugal? Please tell us what time it gets dark in October?

Do the tennis courts have flood lights?

(Sounds like the parents were playing a rather long game or stayed a rather long time at the Tapas!! Sounds like someone we know!! LOL)

If she went out of the apartment then surely she must have tripped the movement sensitive lights as why did they only trip when brown shoe rat man moved?

I agree with peter mac just how busy would it be at this time of year - do not believe anyone would be playing tennis after 3pm!!

Load of ++***+_****!!!

Hummingbird

Posts : 248
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-05-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why did they not use the babysitting service, why consider Millenium? and why that room?

Post by PeterMac on 09.06.12 16:00

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/sunrise.html

4/5/07 Sunrise 0636 Sunset 2031
So lighting up time, (half an hour before and after) gives getting light and dark at
0600 and 2100
4/10/08 Sunrise 0725 Sunset 1915

____________________

avatar
PeterMac
Investigator

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 174
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Why did they not use the babysitting service, why consider Millenium? and why that room?

Post by tigger on 09.06.12 16:42

Not entirely off topic, these frequent reports of strange men appearing in the press remind me of the late Patrick Campbell.

I read his autobiography ages ago and when he was learning the ropes as a journalist on an Irish paper, there was a standard story they reverted to if news was slack. It was this:
A Bosnian peasant walking home at night derailed a train when his wooden leg got stuck in the rails when he negotiated a level crossing. Apparently a true story which got a lot of mileage.

Whenever I see these reports with the ridiculous illustrations I think of the Bosnian peasant....

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
avatar
tigger

Posts : 8114
Reputation : 48
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Re: Why did they not use the babysitting service, why consider Millenium? and why that room?

Post by jd on 23.09.12 3:32

The McCanns' said they didn't want to use the babysitting service (it was chargeable) because they didn't want to leave their children with strangers. Remember these very strangers (nannies) were the ones they left the children with all day every day

Yet the mccanns seem very concerned about nanny Cat...

____________________
Who pulled the strings?...THE SYMINGTONS..And the Scottish connections...Look no further if you dare
avatar
jd

Posts : 4151
Reputation : 23
Join date : 2011-07-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why did they not use the babysitting service, why consider Millenium? and why that room?

Post by tigger on 23.09.12 6:30

@jd wrote:
The McCanns' said they didn't want to use the babysitting service (it was chargeable) because they didn't want to leave their children with strangers. Remember these very strangers (nannies) were the ones they left the children with all day every day

Yet the mccanns seem very concerned about nanny Cat...

But surely the babysitting services, both the free one and the paid one, were MW's 'get out clause'? They did provide adequate opportunity for child care for normal parents. MW could hardly force parents to use it.

As far as the evidence from the Millennium waitress goes, serving breakfast to families with children doesn't mean they would be able to identify those people or children at a later date.
The twins are very different to each other in height and looks, so unless one knew, they wouldn't be seen as twins. There was another unreliable witness statement on the night of the 3rd which was from the Millennium.
As breakfast was free - and who wants to do the washing up on holiday - I expect most of the holiday makers with children used the Millennium.

All the above leads back to the McCanns, cooking the books.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
avatar
tigger

Posts : 8114
Reputation : 48
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum