The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™️ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Body Fluids in the Scenic

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Body Fluids in the Scenic

Post by Guest on 30.05.12 22:31

Now Coulson in London has been arrested by a legion of Scots (not to be confused with English from Scotland Yard) the question arises whether someone lying under oath at the Leveson inquiry might be arrested as well.

Is there a British lawyer in the house who could shed some light on this?

Back to top Go down

Re: Body Fluids in the Scenic

Post by PeterMac on 30.05.12 22:32

But Scottish police are just Haggis-munchers and whisky drinkers, and so by definition are useless.

PeterMac
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 30.05.12 22:35

PeterMac wrote:But Scottish police are just Haggis-munchers and whisky drinkers, and so by definition are useless.

and of course they keep it all tightly under their kilts. Perhaps the next 'operation' could be named after a tartan.
aquila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 30.05.12 22:37

PeterMac wrote:But Scottish police are just Haggis-munchers and whisky drinkers, and so by definition are useless.

But at least they do not speak scouse.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 30.05.12 22:37

Sorry. It's late, here too.
Pushed the wrong button.

No wonder the Scots are seceding. Wonder what took them so long.

Back to top Go down

Post by friedtomatoes on 30.05.12 22:41

coulson being sent to prison along with the red medusa witch is a perfect scenario

friedtomatoes

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 30.05.12 22:48

Tell me, Mr MacTavish, is anything worn under the kilt ?
No, Ma'am. It's all in peerrfect worrking orrderr.

PeterMac
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 31.05.12 7:17

friedtomatoes wrote:coulson being sent to prison along with the red medusa witch is a perfect scenario

Not for the other inmates, it's not. They might just find their phones getting hacked, their conversations reported to the authorities in lieu of shortened sentences for the duo, and a raid on all their cocaine stores which have been unearthed as a result of the hacking.

bobbin

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 31.05.12 7:26

PeterMac wrote:Tell me, Mr MacTavish, is anything worn under the kilt ?
No, Ma'am. It's all in peerrfect worrking orrderr.

When I was in my early twenties and still getting to grips with English jokes, my boyfriend and his mates were often doubled up laughing at my lack of understanding. He was sent a card for his birthday which showed a garage mechanic, spanners and such in the background.
The legend above the garage read: 'Joe's kit and tool works' - further down it said: 'Hope yours works too!'.

He refused to explain, took years to work it out..... Same as the f-word, which I used unladylike very often. I thought it meant 'Fog off' - i.e. disappear into the mist..... rather poetic I thought.
I got the McTavish joke at about the same time as the tool works. Very much later!

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 31.05.12 7:31

aquila wrote:

and of course they keep it all tightly under their kilts. Perhaps the next 'operation' could be named after a tartan.

Yes, the "McCannlies tartan", which is predominately green and yellow, with a distinctive thread of black throughout.

bobbin

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 31.05.12 8:08

And the McCann coat of arms is this

Is it me, or is that a pig behind golden bars.

PeterMac
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Snifferdog on 31.05.12 8:41

Yip. It's a pig alright. a wild boar, looks similar to the bush pigs have here, and the Gold bars....mmmm!
Snifferdog

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 31.05.12 8:58

PeterMac wrote:And the McCann coat of arms is this

Is it me, or is that a pig behind golden bars.

Not sure about the golden bars, looks more like chain-link fencing, the sort you find around prison perimeter walls.
The pig is true to form though, the jut of the jowl reminds me of that photo of Sir G. McC. on his return from a jogging trip up the mount at PdL.
The helmet of course, is an essential piece of equipment. Whilst offering a cast iron protection to the bearer, it can simultaneously conceal his or her identity unless, of course, it is prised open.

bobbin

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 31.05.12 11:33

Technically it is
Azure, fretty or, on a fess argent a boar passant gules"

Or "On a blue background, with a gold trellis, on a horizontal silver stripe, a red boar walking."

PeterMac
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 31.05.12 15:32

Portia wrote:

And why are you insulting Liverpudlians Portia?

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 31.05.12 15:42

PeterMac wrote:Technically it is
Azure, fretty or, on a fess argent a boar passant gules"

Or "On a blue background, with a gold trellis, on a horizontal silver stripe, a red boar walking."

O very nice! The boar was Richard III 's emblem. 'The Cat, the Rat and Lovell our dog, rulen all England under a Hog'

Re the government of Britain at the moment: can we put present day names to these? (Catesby, Ratcliffe? and Lovell were all mates of RIII - mind you I'm a Yorkist at heart).

Back to top Go down

Post by monkey mind on 31.05.12 15:55

russiandoll wrote:
Portia wrote:

Maybe Portia isn't insulting Liverpudlians just as PeterMac was nay ansultan tha Scottis Maybe Portia just finds the Scouse tongue difficult to interpret. Many do. It's a subjectiveworld is it not.
monkey mind

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 31.05.12 19:07

monkey mind wrote:
russiandoll wrote:
Portia wrote:

Maybe Portia isn't insulting Liverpudlians just as PeterMac was nay ansultan tha Scottis Maybe Portia just finds the Scouse tongue difficult to interpret. Many do. It's a subjectiveworld is it not.

I'm not. And I do find their tongue somewhat hard to follow. But the more you practice, the better at it you get. One thing which amazes me, though, is how someone not a fluent speaker of your Kings English could possible be assumed to have written a book in that same language.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum