The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

FACT FILE

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

FACT FILE

Post by Snifferdog on 18.05.12 11:50

Posted this as it could be a good idea to place all substantiated claims re M. Mccann mystery that includes a reference/link in one section so that anyone who wishes to find a particular one can get to it via an easy search on your site. Not sure if there is such a place here, but would make all the duplications re. these queries less on posts or could be found easily. Don't know if this can be done or how or exists, (in which case please delete this post). Perhaps filed under headings of various resources from where claims can be backed up. eg PJ Files, mcc press statements, clarence m spin etc. Maybe posters can contribute this after they have found said reference? Or perhaps someone knows of a better way that this can be done? Sorry not very computer literate/functional.
avatar
Snifferdog

Posts : 1008
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2012-05-11
Location : here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FACT FILE

Post by aquila on 18.05.12 11:58

@Snifferdog wrote:Posted this as it could be a good idea to place all substantiated claims re M. Mccann mystery that includes a reference/link in one section so that anyone who wishes to find a particular one can get to it via an easy search on your site. Not sure if there is such a place here, but would make all the duplications re. these queries less on posts or could be found easily. Don't know if this can be done or how or exists, (in which case please delete this post). Perhaps filed under headings of various resources from where claims can be backed up. eg PJ Files, mcc press statements, clarence m spin etc. Maybe posters can contribute this after they have found said reference? Or perhaps someone knows of a better way that this can be done? Sorry not very computer literate/functional.

As a newcomer I found it quite difficult to search things - apart from not being particularly computer literate. I sent it in a private message to the moderators as I didn't wish to disrupt the forum or run it either.
avatar
aquila

Posts : 8698
Reputation : 1687
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FACT FILE

Post by sweetex on 18.05.12 19:45

I also think this is important. There is a research + library link at the top of the "home page" of this forum, I'm not sure if you want something similar? Sometimes its really hard to search for a line/phrase etc. The magnitude of information on this case is huge.... and I've read last night on the PJ files (the one where they discuss the creche records) that apparently only 17% of the PJ files were released to the public Shocked

Can you imagine how much reading we are still going to do should it ever become public?

avatar
sweetex

Posts : 281
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-04-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FACT FILE

Post by friedtomatoes on 18.05.12 22:22

@Snifferdog wrote:Posted this as it could be a good idea to place all substantiated claims re M. Mccann mystery that includes a reference/link in one section so that anyone who wishes to find a particular one can get to it via an easy search on your site. Not sure if there is such a place here, but would make all the duplications re. these queries less on posts or could be found easily. Don't know if this can be done or how or exists, (in which case please delete this post). Perhaps filed under headings of various resources from where claims can be backed up. eg PJ Files, mcc press statements, clarence m spin etc. Maybe posters can contribute this after they have found said reference? Or perhaps someone knows of a better way that this can be done? Sorry not very computer literate/functional.

what do you mean by substantiated claims? I think its an excellent idea for any thread that people can refer to to find information easily. The Maddie case files in their reference section which is open to non members have quite a few good reference threads with links, its easy to do if you have a clear goal.

friedtomatoes

Posts : 591
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-04-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FACT FILE

Post by monkey mind on 18.05.12 23:14

@friedtomatoes wrote:
@Snifferdog wrote:Posted this as it could be a good idea to place all substantiated claims re M. Mccann mystery that includes a reference/link in one section so that anyone who wishes to find a particular one can get to it via an easy search on your site. Not sure if there is such a place here, but would make all the duplications re. these queries less on posts or could be found easily. Don't know if this can be done or how or exists, (in which case please delete this post). Perhaps filed under headings of various resources from where claims can be backed up. eg PJ Files, mcc press statements, clarence m spin etc. Maybe posters can contribute this after they have found said reference? Or perhaps someone knows of a better way that this can be done? Sorry not very computer literate/functional.

what do you mean by substantiated claims? I think its an excellent idea for any thread that people can refer to to find information easily. The Maddie case files in their reference section which is open to non members have quite a few good reference threads with links, its easy to do if you have a clear goal.

Your words imply that you are just the one with such a clear goal. So tell exactly how you would go about this, and whether All facts would be allowed to sparkle as dew drops on your particular thread. Or would some facts be seen as flies, and devoured?
avatar
monkey mind

Posts : 616
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-12-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FACT FILE

Post by friedtomatoes on 19.05.12 7:59

MM you seem to be reading into things too negatively. I simply asked the OP exactly what kind of things they had in mind as I wasnt clear on it. Obviously every fact would be on such a thread and would have nothing to do with my opinion on anything.That OK with you? Obviously not! You are thoroughly mistaken if you think I am here to criticise, derail and other things you have accused me of. Sorting the wheat from the chaffe is my motto, it helps all. Thats why I am in favour of such a thread, was just asking for more detail.

friedtomatoes

Posts : 591
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-04-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FACT FILE

Post by aquila on 19.05.12 8:53

@friedtomatoes wrote:MM you seem to be reading into things too negatively. I simply asked the OP exactly what kind of things they had in mind as I wasnt clear on it. Obviously every fact would be on such a thread and would have nothing to do with my opinion on anything.That OK with you? Obviously not! You are thoroughly mistaken if you think I am here to criticise, derail and other things you have accused me of. Sorting the wheat from the chaffe is my motto, it helps all. Thats why I am in favour of such a thread, was just asking for more detail.

I give in friedtomatoes. I have resisted your ghost stance and now I'm biting at the bait. Well done for you. I would like to know how you have so recently joined the forum and have made SO many posts without links and yet profess to be very well read on the case. What value do you think you are giving to the search for justice for Madeleine? You are flooding the forum without any meat on the bones of what you say. I apologise to the true members of this forum but friedtomatoes I think it would be a good thing if you read more and wrote a little less without substantiating your posts.
avatar
aquila

Posts : 8698
Reputation : 1687
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FACT FILE

Post by friedtomatoes on 19.05.12 9:31

aquila do ask for a link to anything i posted as fact which you think wasnt. What does me recently joining here have anything to do with how little or much I have read on the case? If you have a problem with me pm me to discuss.
To get back on topic, I will ask the OP to give examples of the kind of thing they are thinking of for this new thread so I can give ideas and contribute to it.

friedtomatoes

Posts : 591
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-04-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FACT FILE

Post by FH on 19.05.12 12:13

I think it's an excellent idea. There are facts and there are opinions and sometimes the opinions are stated as fact and I get confused and it muddies the water somewhat.

A recent examply would be a lot of conclusions being drawn on a thread with a lot of references as to MM's medical records being refused. Is this a fact, or just an urban myth? Can we draw conclusions from it. Did the ever PJ ever request her medical records and if so who refused to send them. The British health Service, The British authorities, or the parents? Where is this documented? Was it just in the media (so opinion not fact) or is it in the PJ files (so probably fact)?

Personally I'd love to set up a searchable database, but I don't have the time to read up on all the facts. Although, the rate at which progress is being made on the case - I may well have the time.

FH

Posts : 119
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-04-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FACT FILE

Post by Truthwillout on 19.05.12 12:33

Sounds like a good idea to me. As I haven't had the time recently to read up on the case, I find it quite hard sometimes to distinguish facts from opinions or myths that have been written in the press ect.

Truthwillout

Posts : 23
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-05-09
Age : 39
Location : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FACT FILE

Post by Snifferdog on 20.05.12 13:31

Oops, just to set things straight as I don't want to cause ructions. Just meant a thread could be started: not meaning this one, where substantiated claims and facts that are backed up could be posted together in one place instead of all over the net or hidden in various threads. That way information referred to could be easily found and verified with links or whatever, without having to trawl through various websites, newspaper articles etc. Perhaps members could post up whenever they back up something with a link etc. Not sure if this could be automatically done as I say again that my ignorance as to how programs and sites work is woeful. I am asking if this can actually be done, perhaps using key words to get to the relevant quote. Maybe a mammoth task and not worth it? I don't know and is why I posted this topic in the first instance.
avatar
Snifferdog

Posts : 1008
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2012-05-11
Location : here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FACT FILE

Post by aquila on 20.05.12 14:27

@Snifferdog wrote:Oops, just to set things straight as I don't want to cause ructions. Just meant a thread could be started: not meaning this one, where substantiated claims and facts that are backed up could be posted together in one place instead of all over the net or hidden in various threads. That way information referred to could be easily found and verified with links or whatever, without having to trawl through various websites, newspaper articles etc. Perhaps members could post up whenever they back up something with a link etc. Not sure if this could be automatically done as I say again that my ignorance as to how programs and sites work is woeful. I am asking if this can actually be done, perhaps using key words to get to the relevant quote. Maybe a mammoth task and not worth it? I don't know and is why I posted this topic in the first instance.

Trying to run the website Snifferdog? You haven't caused ructions.
avatar
aquila

Posts : 8698
Reputation : 1687
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FACT FILE

Post by Snifferdog on 20.05.12 15:25

@monkey mind wrote:
@friedtomatoes wrote:
@Snifferdog wrote:Posted this as it could be a good idea to place all substantiated claims re M. Mccann mystery that includes a reference/link in one section so that anyone who wishes to find a particular one can get to it via an easy search on your site. Not sure if there is such a place here, but would make all the duplications re. these queries less on posts or could be found easily. Don't know if this can be done or how or exists, (in which case please delete this post). Perhaps filed under headings of various resources from where claims can be backed up. eg PJ Files, mcc press statements, clarence m spin etc. Maybe posters can contribute this after they have found said reference? Or perhaps someone knows of a better way that this can be done? Sorry not very computer literate/functional.

what do you mean by substantiated claims? I think its an excellent idea for any thread that people can refer to to find information easily. The Maddie case files in their reference section which is open to non members have quite a few good reference threads with links, its easy to do if you have a clear goal.

Your words imply that you are just the one with such a clear goal. So tell exactly how you would go about this, and whether All facts would be allowed to sparkle as dew drops on your particular thread. Or would some facts be seen as flies, and devoured?
Well Aquila here is an example, as is your post to me.
Maybe you should read mu post again.....Seems one cannot get through to some blinkered people jealously guarding their turf, and long time member status. who are happy to insult others . As I have stated already I suggested NOT ON THIS TREAD BUT ON ANOTHER ONE! Perhaps one created by you Aquila? I really am disappointed by some of the pettiness and backbiting that goes on here. Grow up people and get a life, you surely do know how to chase people away!
avatar
Snifferdog

Posts : 1008
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2012-05-11
Location : here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FACT FILE

Post by tigger on 20.05.12 18:27

Possibly the newcomers have not come across The Madeleine Foundation file (on the Home list of subject matter).
Well worth reading and indeed, full of facts .The McCann files are also well laid out with references.

The trouble with starting a 'fact file' with references is that it inevitably generates long and often pointless discussions. A general fact file would cover so many different points that it would run to many pages of scrolling and defeat the purpose imo.

You could start with the '50 facts leaflet'. https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t4199-please-support-the-50-facts-video-and-the-petition-for-a-public-enquiry-into-madeleines-disappearance

And: http://www.madeleinefoundation.org.uk/

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
avatar
tigger

Posts : 8114
Reputation : 48
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Re: FACT FILE

Post by Ribisl on 20.05.12 18:59

@Snifferdog wrote:
@monkey mind wrote:
@friedtomatoes wrote:
@Snifferdog wrote:Posted this as it could be a good idea to place all substantiated claims re M. Mccann mystery that includes a reference/link in one section so that anyone who wishes to find a particular one can get to it via an easy search on your site. Not sure if there is such a place here, but would make all the duplications re. these queries less on posts or could be found easily. Don't know if this can be done or how or exists, (in which case please delete this post). Perhaps filed under headings of various resources from where claims can be backed up. eg PJ Files, mcc press statements, clarence m spin etc. Maybe posters can contribute this after they have found said reference? Or perhaps someone knows of a better way that this can be done? Sorry not very computer literate/functional.

what do you mean by substantiated claims? I think its an excellent idea for any thread that people can refer to to find information easily. The Maddie case files in their reference section which is open to non members have quite a few good reference threads with links, its easy to do if you have a clear goal.

Your words imply that you are just the one with such a clear goal. So tell exactly how you would go about this, and whether All facts would be allowed to sparkle as dew drops on your particular thread. Or would some facts be seen as flies, and devoured?
Well Aquila here is an example, as is your post to me.
Maybe you should read mu post again.....Seems one cannot get through to some blinkered people jealously guarding their turf, and long time member status. who are happy to insult others . As I have stated already I suggested NOT ON THIS TREAD BUT ON ANOTHER ONE! Perhaps one created by you Aquila? I really am disappointed by some of the pettiness and backbiting that goes on here. Grow up people and get a life, you surely do know how to chase people away!
I think you are the one being unnecessarily rude. Perhaps we are suggesting that your idea may not be as sound as you appear to think. There are many references one can draw from various site which are there as a result of tireless work by some very dedicated people and they are very much up to date with all the facts concerning this case, and such information can never be contained within one forum thread. Besides, forum is a place for debates everyone can participate in.

____________________
There is a taint of death, a flavour of mortality in lies... Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad

Ribisl

Posts : 807
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FACT FILE

Post by rainbow-fairy on 20.05.12 19:58

You are being very defensive Snifferdog!
All the members have intimated that what in theory seems a good ideas in practice just would not work:
I'll use tigger's post as a case in point: A list of 'substantiated facts' would invariably turn into a pointless discussion, and a diversion (perhaps this is what you want, I don't know you well enough to say).
The site is easy to navigate and if you read the 'Sticky's' you will find a thread on links to other blogs and forums.
I don't run CMoMM so I can't say, but personally, I don't see how it would help?


Also, some of the unsubstantiated claims to be the most interesting. For example, the 'jemmied shutters' and the 'six corpses'

Perhaps if you made clear what you think it would achieve it might help?

____________________
"Ask the dogs, Sandra" - Gerry McCann to Sandra Felgueiras



Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.
avatar
rainbow-fairy

Posts : 1971
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2011-05-26
Age : 43
Location : going round in circles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FACT FILE

Post by Spaniel on 20.05.12 20:43

@Snifferdog wrote:Oops, just to set things straight as I don't want to cause ructions. Just meant a thread could be started: not meaning this one, where substantiated claims and facts that are backed up could be posted together in one place instead of all over the net or hidden in various threads. That way information referred to could be easily found and verified with links or whatever, without having to trawl through various websites, newspaper articles etc. Perhaps members could post up whenever they back up something with a link etc. Not sure if this could be automatically done as I say again that my ignorance as to how programs and sites work is woeful. I am asking if this can actually be done, perhaps using key words to get to the relevant quote. Maybe a mammoth task and not worth it? I don't know and is why I posted this topic in the first instance.
If we're looking for substantiated, that's thin on the ground, but that's the beauty of being in a group of nine in a deserted resort.

I suggest Google for your search. It may well bring you back here but that's good.
avatar
Spaniel

Posts : 742
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-01-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FACT FILE

Post by Spaniel on 20.05.12 21:05

The biggest problem Snifferdog, is judging what is substantiated to index it. I mean the clever ones here, are faced with a load of liars* holidaying out in PdL, which doesn't make the task easy.

For instance, three people saw a local outside 5A on the night of 3rd June 2007. The problem being that the three were besty mates of the parents, three of the nine.

So would that be substantiated or unsubstantiated? The three were mistaken as it turned out. See the difficulty?

* Substantiated.
avatar
Spaniel

Posts : 742
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-01-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FACT FILE

Post by Snifferdog on 20.05.12 21:44

A substantiated claim meaning "where it was read" if in a newspaper, blog or whatever. Done in the format of reference only, not for posting on, but posted up by members. Just thought that this could help save time when trying to find something that may have been posted in the past on this forum or elsewhere with refs. (ie.from where it was sourced). These may not be on your scrolling banner, but may be of use in the future. As I have said I don't know if this is possible which is why I started this thread to ask the question. I did not mean to start a "fact thread" for posting opinions on, as Tigger has said it would be pretty pointless, having no direction. If it was not a feasible idea due to its possible unwieldiness etc, all one has to do is say so in the first instance and then chuck it. I can see that posting here can bring out a mean side of me that I do not like (Sorry Aquila!). I now realize that the members of this blog are not interested in discussing any other theory, preferring to stick to the one, "Madeleine died in Portugal from the 1 to 3rd May," (as is your prerogative), so it is pointless me posting here, but I shall still be around to read.
Just adding as have just seen Spaniels post: Yes thank you Spaniel, I see what you mean. Then perhaps one can make an unsubstantiated claim file, but that would probably use up all the available space in this blog.....Good Luck and lets hope all comes out in the wash soon!
avatar
Snifferdog

Posts : 1008
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2012-05-11
Location : here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FACT FILE

Post by Spaniel on 20.05.12 23:14

Deleted.
avatar
Spaniel

Posts : 742
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-01-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FACT FILE

Post by rainbow-fairy on 21.05.12 0:17

@Snifferdog wrote:A substantiated claim meaning "where it was read" if in a newspaper, blog or whatever. Done in the format of reference only, not for posting on, but posted up by members. Just thought that this could help save time when trying to find something that may have been posted in the past on this forum or elsewhere with refs. (ie.from where it was sourced). These may not be on your scrolling banner, but may be of use in the future. As I have said I don't know if this is possible which is why I started this thread to ask the question. I did not mean to start a "fact thread" for posting opinions on, as Tigger has said it would be pretty pointless, having no direction. If it was not a feasible idea due to its possible unwieldiness etc, all one has to do is say so in the first instance and then chuck it. I can see that posting here can bring out a mean side of me that I do not like (Sorry Aquila!). I now realize that the members of this blog are not interested in discussing any other theory, preferring to stick to the one, "Madeleine died in Portugal from the 1 to 3rd May," (as is your prerogative), so it is pointless me posting here, but I shall still be around to read.
Just adding as have just seen Spaniels post: Yes thank you Spaniel, I see what you mean. Then perhaps one can make an unsubstantiated claim file, but that would probably use up all the available space in this blog.....Good Luck and lets hope all comes out in the wash soon!
Most of it already came out in Katey's wash of poor 'adored' prop CuddleCat, unfortunately Sad

Have you never stopped to think that most posters are " preferring to stick to the one, "Madeleine died in Portugal from the 1 to 3rd May," (as is your prerogative), as it is the only thing that makes sense? I for one have NO interest in discussing swarthy gypsies, paedophile gangs, stolen to order as they are demonstrably piffle. As for yoúr "so it is pointless me posting here, but I shall still be around to read." - why bother? Are you paid to report back? Why else read something you disagree with?

____________________
"Ask the dogs, Sandra" - Gerry McCann to Sandra Felgueiras



Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.
avatar
rainbow-fairy

Posts : 1971
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2011-05-26
Age : 43
Location : going round in circles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FACT FILE

Post by jd on 21.05.12 0:26

I now realize that the members of this blog are not interested in discussing any other theory, preferring to stick to the one, "Madeleine died in Portugal from the 1 to 3rd May,"

Well its the only theory that can be backed up with facts and evidence....unlike the abduction theory which does not have ONE SINGLE shred of evidence to support it...AFTER 5 WHOLE YEARS!!
avatar
jd

Posts : 4151
Reputation : 23
Join date : 2011-07-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FACT FILE

Post by rainbow-fairy on 21.05.12 0:32

@jd wrote:
I now realize that the members of this blog are not interested in discussing any other theory, preferring to stick to the one, "Madeleine died in Portugal from the 1 to 3rd May,"

Well its the only theory that can be backed up with facts and evidence....unlike the abduction theory which does not have ONE SINGLE shred of evidence to support it...AFTER 5 WHOLE YEARS!!
Basically what I said above, nicely condensed without all my waffle!
Well said jd Wink

____________________
"Ask the dogs, Sandra" - Gerry McCann to Sandra Felgueiras



Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.
avatar
rainbow-fairy

Posts : 1971
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2011-05-26
Age : 43
Location : going round in circles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FACT FILE

Post by jd on 21.05.12 0:50

You wasn't waffling RF. I have yet to find one single piece of fact or evidence to support an abduction. The only thing there is are the Tapas 9 "words"...anyone can say words. If we lived on peoples words the world would be a disaster!
avatar
jd

Posts : 4151
Reputation : 23
Join date : 2011-07-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FACT FILE

Post by russiandoll on 21.05.12 9:41

I think you will find that there are some members who believe Madeleine died before May 1st, those who believe in the use of a substitute child at the creche from the first day of attendance, 29th April.

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

avatar
russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum