The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

'Truth of the Lie' Returns to Bookshops BUT NOT IN THE UK Mm11

'Truth of the Lie' Returns to Bookshops BUT NOT IN THE UK Regist10

'Truth of the Lie' Returns to Bookshops BUT NOT IN THE UK

View previous topic View next topic Go down

'Truth of the Lie' Returns to Bookshops BUT NOT IN THE UK Empty 'Truth of the Lie' Returns to Bookshops BUT NOT IN THE UK

Post by jd on 15.05.12 10:59

More good news......

The McCann couple banned book returns to bookshops

The Forbidden Book Returns to Bookshops

The Portuguese can again read «Maddie, The Truth of the Lie»

«Maddie, The Truth of the Lie» returns tomorrow[today], 15 of May, to the Portuguese bookshops. For longer than two years the book was banned in our country. The book could be read in France, in Spain, in Holland, in Germany, in Denmark, in Italy. But not in Portugal. That banning was a disgrace that the Portuguese civic majority refuses and rejects.

Better later than never, as from tomorrow it is liberated and the Portuguese can read «Maddie, The Truth of the Lie», the book in which Gonçalo Amaral relates in a concise and objective manner that which, in his understanding, contributes to the material discovery of the truth and helps the fulfilment of justice in the case of the disappearance of the English girl.

But it wasn't only in Portugal that the book was banned. It was also in England, the alleged fatherland of freedom of expression, of that freedom of speech that fills the mouth of Hyde Park [Speakers' Corner reference], where a thick cloak of silence struck the book. In a straightforward manner, in the English language, no British citizen can access what inspector Gonçalo Amaral told about the investigation, about the steps that were taken to ascertain the truth. The investigation of Gonçalo Amaral only reached the British citizens through the filter of a British press that was based on the most appalling and xenophobic prejudices.

Recently, Gonçalo Amaral wrote the essential: «Maddie was last seen at 17h30 on the 3rd of May of 2007. At that time everything that could be done was done and we were able to establish that it was materially impossible for her to have been abducted. Unfortunately we were unable to discover her whereabouts.»

No citizen, anywhere in the world, may want something else than to see this case solved. Gonçalo Amaral's book had and continues to have the merit of being the most objective assessment than has been done to date on the case. «Maddie, the Truth of the Lie» is a book about an investigation: it presents data and facts, as well as the interpretations and the relevant questions which, under law, can be made ​​from the events that took place.

The facts are the facts are in this book that the Portuguese can now read in freedom. A freedom that the British do not have.

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2012/05/mccann-couple-banned-book-returns-to.html
jd
jd

Back to top Go down

'Truth of the Lie' Returns to Bookshops BUT NOT IN THE UK Empty Re: 'Truth of the Lie' Returns to Bookshops BUT NOT IN THE UK

Post by pauline on 15.05.12 11:17

Could members of this forum who live in the UK go to their local book shop and ask for it. when they are told it is not in stock, ask that it be ordered for you. interesting to see what will transpire. normally any bookshop that does not have the book you want will automatically say they will order to try to get the sale.

also forum members could ask the local library to get the book.

We could have a thread where members post their experiences. It would be ludicrous if this book cannot now be obtained if readers want in UK bookshops.
pauline
pauline

Back to top Go down

'Truth of the Lie' Returns to Bookshops BUT NOT IN THE UK Empty Re: 'Truth of the Lie' Returns to Bookshops BUT NOT IN THE UK

Post by Guest on 15.05.12 11:38

I've just looked for the English version on Amazon and the link takes you to the Danny Collins book "Vanished" - not as bad though as when trying to find Pat Brown's book took you to Kate's novel!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by david_uk on 15.05.12 11:41

As there is no English version there is no point requesting a book that does not exsist!.

Much better to lobby GA and his publishers to create and release the English version, even if only a Electronic/Kindle version?

david_uk

Back to top Go down

Post by bristow on 15.05.12 11:57

WTF? It's really like living behind the old Iron Curtain!!!

The UK will surely HAVE to have an English copy printed and be on sale in this land of freedom .... or not?

ps I take it this applies to every English speaking country?
bristow
bristow

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady-Heather on 15.05.12 12:08

@bristow wrote:WTF? It's really like living behind the old Iron Curtain!!!

The UK will surely HAVE to have an English copy printed and be on sale in this land of freedom .... or not?

Unfortunately the publishers are under no obligation to release an English translation of the book - it is their decision. It's available to read in English via many online sources though.
Lady-Heather
Lady-Heather

Back to top Go down

'Truth of the Lie' Returns to Bookshops BUT NOT IN THE UK Empty An outing for 'The Truth of the Lie'

Post by Tony Bennett on 15.05.12 12:33

@bristow wrote:The UK will surely HAVE to have an English copy printed and be on sale in this land of freedom .... or not?

The English translation of 'The Truth About A Lie' by Anna Esse is one of the documents already exhibited to my two Affidavits and will form part of my defence to the committal-to-prison application against me by Dr Gerald and Dr Kate McCann - and part of my application to be released from some of the Court undertakings I gave to the McCanns and the High Court on 25 November 2007.

So will the entirety of 'astro's translation of A Estrela de Madeleine - 'Madeleine's Star' - by Paulo Cristavao.

The case of McCanns v Bennett can be reduced to one simple sentence: The McCanns' insistence that there is 'no credible evidence' that Madeleine died in Apartment 5A against my assertion that there is at least some credible evidence that points to this.

The whole trial will probably revolve around that question, one way or another, and will of course enable me to put before the judge what I say the credible evidence amounts to.

This (assuming anyone comes to the trial and reports what is said) will thus be an opportunity for some of the British public to get to know some of the key contents of Dr Amaral's book.

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie Mcann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by david_uk on 15.05.12 13:14

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@bristow wrote:The UK will surely HAVE to have an English copy printed and be on sale in this land of freedom .... or not?

The English translation of 'The Truth About A Lie' by Anna Esse is one of the documents already exhibited to my two Affidavits and will form part of my defence to the committal-to-prison application against me by Dr Gerald and Dr Kate McCann - and part of my application to be released from some of the Court undertakings I gave to the McCanns and the High Court on 25 November 2007.

So will the entirety of 'astro's translation of A Estrela de Madeleine - 'Madeleine's Star' - by Paulo Cristavao.

The case of McCanns v Bennett can be reduced to one simple sentence: The McCanns' insistence that there is 'no credible evidence' that Madeleine died in Apartment 5A against my assertion that there is at least some credible evidence that points to this.

The whole trial will probably revolve around that question, one way or another, and will of course enable me to put before the judge what I say the credible evidence amounts to.

This (assuming anyone comes to the trial and reports what is said) will thus be an opportunity for some of the British public to get to know some of the key contents of Dr Amaral's book.

erm. might be an idea not to let the `other side` know your plan in advanced!?

good luck mind!

david_uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 15.05.12 13:28

@david_uk wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:The case of McCanns v Bennett can be reduced to one simple sentence: The McCanns' insistence that there is 'no credible evidence' that Madeleine died in Apartment 5A against my assertion that there is at least some credible evidence that points to this...
erm. might be an idea not to let the 'other side' know your plan in advance!?, good luck mind!
My two Affidavits and evidence were disclosed to the McCanns on 23 March as per a Court order. Both sides have to disclose the evidence they seek to rely on in advance; normally, therefore, there are no big 'surprises' at Court, though depending on the skill of the cross-examiner and the truthfulness of each witness, some new issues may be teased out in the process of the cross-examinations

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie Mcann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Zozo on 15.05.12 14:19

@david_uk wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:

erm. might be an idea not to let the `other side` know your plan in advanced!?

good luck mind!
Zozo
Zozo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 15.05.12 14:21

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@david_uk wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:The case of McCanns v Bennett can be reduced to one simple sentence: The McCanns' insistence that there is 'no credible evidence' that Madeleine died in Apartment 5A against my assertion that there is at least some credible evidence that points to this...
erm. might be an idea not to let the 'other side' know your plan in advance!?, good luck mind!
My two Affidavits and evidence were disclosed to the McCanns on 23 March as per a Court order. Both sides have to disclose the evidence they seek to rely on in advance; normally, therefore, there are no big 'surprises' at Court, though depending on the skill of the cross-examiner and the truthfulness of each witness, some new issues may be teased out in the process of the cross-examinations

Zozo: you seem to have missed Tony's reply.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by whmon on 27.04.13 15:17

This message is confidential and the information must not be used, disclosed, or copied to any other person who is not entitled to receive it. If you have received this message in error please notify the sender and then delete it.
whmon
whmon

Back to top Go down

Post by whmon on 07.05.13 18:40

quote...We decide to get the Smiths back to the Algarve, for a formal identification of
Gerry McCann - by means of televised images, certainly - direct confrontation
being impossible - and possibly proceed to a reconstruction of the events of the
night of May 3rd. The National Director of the Judiciary police agrees, the
process is set in motion, all the details are sorted out; all that remains is to
choose the hotel where they will be put up. But the Smiths were never to come
back to Portugal. After my departure, the PJ were to change their minds. They
asked the Irish police to proceed with interviewing the witness. That decision
was to seriously delay the process since the Smiths were not interviewed until
several months later. Meanwhile, rumours were to circulate and people not
involved with the investigation would be made aware of the existence of this
witness; someone allegedly even sought out contact with the family, without its
being known to what end
...unquote
Does the final sentence here suggest that GA believes the Smith family were paid/frightened off?

This message is confidential and the information must not be used, disclosed, or copied to any other person who is not entitled to receive it. If you have received this message in error please notify the sender and then delete it.
whmon
whmon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 07.05.13 18:57

@whmon wrote:quote...We decide to get the Smiths back to the Algarve, for a formal identification of
Gerry McCann - by means of televised images, certainly - direct confrontation
being impossible - and possibly proceed to a reconstruction of the events of the
night of May 3rd. The National Director of the Judiciary police agrees, the
process is set in motion, all the details are sorted out; all that remains is to
choose the hotel where they will be put up. But the Smiths were never to come
back to Portugal. After my departure, the PJ were to change their minds. They
asked the Irish police to proceed with interviewing the witness. That decision
was to seriously delay the process since the Smiths were not interviewed until
several months later. Meanwhile, rumours were to circulate and people not
involved with the investigation would be made aware of the existence of this
witness; someone allegedly even sought out contact with the family, without its
being known to what end
...unquote
Does the final sentence here suggest that GA believes the Smith family were paid/frightened off?

Yes.

And quite rightly so, as it transpired later: it is rumoured that not-the-uncle-Kennedy visited the Smiths on his own initiative, reminding them that the truth within is not always the truth without. Under which gentle guidance they apparantly folded and went to ground. Pity, really.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

'Truth of the Lie' Returns to Bookshops BUT NOT IN THE UK Empty Will GA ever get The Truth of the Lie published in UK?

Post by Woofer on 10.07.14 11:21

Was wondering, if GA wins this case and has access to his assets once more, could he afford to publish the book himself in UK if he can`t get a UK publisher to do it.  Or couldn`t he get a Portuguese publisher to translate it and publish it and transport stocks over to some UK booksellers.

The book has already been unbanned by a Court Order and if GA is successful this time, I can`t see anything that will be stopping him.
Woofer
Woofer

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 on 10.07.14 11:38

@Woofer wrote:Was wondering, if GA wins this case and has access to his assets once more, could he afford to publish the book himself in UK if he can`t get a UK publisher to do it.  Or couldn`t he get a Portuguese publisher to translate it and publish it and transport stocks over to some UK booksellers.

The book has already been unbanned by a Court Order and if GA is successful this time, I can`t see anything that will be stopping him.

It's incredibly easy to self-publish these days. If GA has the rights to the book then he can certainly self-publish, and it won't cost anything. In the old days if you self-published you had to go through a "vanity" publisher who would charge you an arm and a leg upfront.

Nowadays you can format the book yourself and make it available as an ebook on Amazon (through Amazon Kindle) and as a paperback print-on-demand through Amazon's affiliate Createspace. You can set your own price and do your own PR, and sell as many copies as you want for 100% profit.

As I said, it all depends whether GA retains the rights to the book or not. But it's a very very simple process to self-publish if so.
canada12

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores on 10.07.14 11:47

Amazon pulled Pat Brown's book (at the behest of the McCanns?) so they are highly unlikely to allow Dr Amaral to publish his book.
Miraflores
Miraflores

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 10.07.14 12:50

@Miraflores wrote:Amazon pulled Pat Brown's book (at the behest of the McCanns?) so they are highly unlikely to allow Dr Amaral to publish his book.
It doesn`t have to be Amazon though.  There must be 100s of booksellers in the UK - there`s Waterstones and Foyles and loads of smaller outfits.

The McCanns will surely find it difficult to sue anyone for selling it, once it has been judged harmless.
Woofer
Woofer

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum