The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Rebekah Brooks charged with perverting the course of justice - Page 6 Mm11

Rebekah Brooks charged with perverting the course of justice - Page 6 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Rebekah Brooks charged with perverting the course of justice - Page 6 Mm11

Rebekah Brooks charged with perverting the course of justice - Page 6 Regist10

Rebekah Brooks charged with perverting the course of justice

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rebekah Brooks charged with perverting the course of justice - Page 6 Empty Re: Rebekah Brooks charged with perverting the course of justice

Post by PeterMac 05.06.13 11:52

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2336187/Rebekah-Brooks-arrives-court-dressed-black-enter-pleas-phone-hacking-charges-trying-derail-police-probe.html

This bit struck me . . .
Former News International chief Rebekah Brooks has arrived at court this morning to enter pleas to charges of phone hacking and attempting to derail the police investigation.
The 45-year-old arrived at Southwark Crown Court this morning dressed all in black with her husband Charlie.
The former News of the World editor is appearing before Mr Justice Saunders in courtroom number four.
Among the observers is Labour MP Tom Watson, while more than 30 barristers are present for the hearing.
- - -
One of the tabloid's former reporters Ian Edmondson, 44, and Brook's successor at the News of the World Andy Coulson, 45, are expected to enter pleas later in the week.
They are all accused of being part of a conspiracy to hack phones of public figures, Royal aides, and celebrities between 2000 and 2006.
Brooks will also be joined in the dock by her husband Charlie, 50, her PA Cheryl Carter, 49, chauffeur Paul Edwards, 48, bodyguard David Johnson, 47, and security guards Mark Hanna, 50, and Lee Sandell, 26.
So a total of 9 defendants.
But 30 Barristers ?
If each has a silk and a junior, that is still only 18, plus one of each for the prosecution, makes 20.

A lot of bread being dipped into a lot of gravy.
And all on legal aid ? ? ?
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Rebekah Brooks charged with perverting the course of justice - Page 6 Empty rebekah Brooks charged with

Post by marconi 05.06.13 12:36

At least she did Madeleine a great favour. Demanding the presence of the Scotland Yard in the case. Let us be thankful to her!
marconi

Activity : 1104

Back to top Go down

Rebekah Brooks charged with perverting the course of justice - Page 6 Empty Re: Rebekah Brooks charged with perverting the course of justice

Post by bobbin 05.06.13 12:41

PeterMac wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2336187/Rebekah-Brooks-arrives-court-dressed-black-enter-pleas-phone-hacking-charges-trying-derail-police-probe.html

This bit struck me . . .
Former News International chief Rebekah Brooks has arrived at court this morning to enter pleas to charges of phone hacking and attempting to derail the police investigation.
The 45-year-old arrived at Southwark Crown Court this morning dressed all in black with her husband Charlie.
The former News of the World editor is appearing before Mr Justice Saunders in courtroom number four.
Among the observers is Labour MP Tom Watson, while more than 30 barristers are present for the hearing.
- - -
One of the tabloid's former reporters Ian Edmondson, 44, and Brook's successor at the News of the World Andy Coulson, 45, are expected to enter pleas later in the week.
They are all accused of being part of a conspiracy to hack phones of public figures, Royal aides, and celebrities between 2000 and 2006.
Brooks will also be joined in the dock by her husband Charlie, 50, her PA Cheryl Carter, 49, chauffeur Paul Edwards, 48, bodyguard David Johnson, 47, and security guards Mark Hanna, 50, and Lee Sandell, 26.
So a total of 9 defendants.
But 30 Barristers ?
If each has a silk and a junior, that is still only 18, plus one of each for the prosecution, makes 20.

A lot of bread being dipped into a lot of gravy.
And all on legal aid ? ? ?
Very glad to see Tom Watson there. He'll "brook" no nonsense but what on earth are all those barristers doing there? supporting Rebekah with a complete raft of legal expertises to cover every eventuality ? on an extra-mural post-graduate training course, to observe the slippery queen pleading innocence in the face of all the evidence ? out of sheer personal curiosity, to observe the spectacle of a lifetime, a completely one-off act of obscene bravado and face-offing ? Rebekah Brooks charged with perverting the course of justice - Page 6 3139096799
bobbin

Activity : 2240

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 05.06.13 12:42

marconi wrote:At least she did Madeleine a great favour. Demanding the presence of the Scotland Yard in the case. Let us be thankful to her!
Yes, but to what end
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 05.06.13 14:33

Garrincha wrote:Hello all – have been following all your hard work for some months & am finally taking the plunge to offer a post.

Just a thought re Rebecca Brooks’ comment around the time the N.O.W. folded to the effect that “in a year from now all will become clear”. Could this mean that:

· the “poor McCanns” stories weren’t selling as well as before

· the N.O.W.’s calculation was that “evil McCanns” stories would sell much better (everything they do is about one thing & one thing only: increasing circulation)

· so, the N.O.W. forced Cameron to greenlight the SY Review (via the threat to “keep Teresa May on the front pages”) as a way to get the damning evidence back into the public domain

Of course since then N.O.W. has gone & Brooks is mired in her own difficulties, but maybe her trial will shed some light on this?

As I said - just a thought.
First, Garrincha, welcome to this forum.

The points you raise are interesting, but may I suggest we look beyond this to the ultimate source of power in much of this...

RUPERT MURDOCH

A few points:

1. He put Tony Blair in power in 1997 by getting all his British papers, notably the Sun, to switch sides and say: ' Vote Labour'

2. Later, he employed Rebekah Brooks at the Sun and then as Chief Executive Officer of his News International empire

3. He employed Andy Coulson as Editor of the News of the World

4. His man, Blair, had frequent meetings with Blair at 10 Downing Street. He would enter by the backdoor so as not to be seen

5. When the Madeleine McCann disappearance broke, Blair sent Clarence Mitchell to Portugal

6. The Sun and the News of the World were given (by sources close to the McCanns) some of the 'best' Madeleine McCann stories

7. Both newspapers sold millions of extra copies by printing exaggerated and often very dubious and frankly unbeleivable reports of so-called 'sightings' and 'leads' about Madeleine

8. When Clarence Mitchell ceased to work for the McCanns full-time, he got a PR job straightaway with Rupert Murdoch's son-in-law

9. Rupert Murdoch's/Rebekah Brooks' Sun serialised Dr Kate McCann's book, 'madeleine'

10. Rebekah Brooks threatened/persuaded David Cameron to force Scotland Yard to carry out a review of Madeleine's disappearance, thought by many to be a whitewash, and understod to have cost about £4.8 million already

11. In 2009, Rupert Murdoch's son-in-law Matthew Freud took David Cameron in a private jet to the Mediterranean, where he met Murdoch, who promised to get his newspapers to switch back to the Conservatives

12. Cameron appointed Murdoch man Andy Coulson to be his Director of Communications

13. Andy Coulson subsequently appointed Clarence Mitchell to be his deputy

14. Murdoch's CEO Rebekah Brooks lived close to David Cameron, they were good friends, and enjoyed horse riding together; Cameron refuses to disclose his emails and texts to her

15. When the Business Secretary, Vince Cable, started to make adverse remarks about Murdoch ahead of a decision on BSkyB, Cameron gave part of his portfolio to Jeremy Hunt, who rubber-stamped Murdoch taking control of BSkyB (even after Hunt's PA had had numerous private meetings with Murdoch)

16. Rupert Murdoch would stop at nothing to sell newspapers and extend his media empire, employing the likes of Brooks and Coulson

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrincha 05.06.13 15:54

Thank you Tony – it is a pleasure to have
this interaction with you after following your input here for so long - I hope
you are keeping well (and thanks for tidying up my text…)
Garrincha

Activity : 151

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28.06.13 11:13

28 June 2013 Last updated at 11:02

Phone hacking; Go-ahead for Brooks and Coulson cases

Five UK phone hacking defendants, including Rebekah Brooks and Andy Coulson, have lost a last ditch legal bid to block their prosecution over alleged phone hacking.
Former News International chief executive Mrs Brooks has pleaded not guilty to phone hacking charges.
Revelations about phone hacking led to the closure of the News of the World in July 2011.
Mrs Brooks, 45, also denies conspiracy to commit misconduct in public office

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23098284

Not gone there way!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 28.06.13 12:52

I've always thought that David Payne looks like Robert Murat and both look similar to Andy Coulson.  Whenever I see Coulson on the TV I always think of R. Murat.  I don't know if anyone else has noticed the similarity.   smilie

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Rebekah Brooks charged with perverting the course of justice - Page 6 Empty rebekah brooks

Post by marconi 28.06.13 13:12

Please, don't insult Murat.what
marconi

Activity : 1104

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 28.06.13 13:21

marconi wrote:Please, don't insult Murat.what

In looks, nothing else.  I can't say any of them look anything like the male pin-ups the DM seem to like to focus on every day, but they have a similarity to each other i.e. receding hairlline, dark rimmed glasses.   Just my opnion of course, no-one has to agree with me, if they think I've gone completely loopy. big grin 

What I was getting at was: could the 10th Tapas who G Amaral referred to and who quickly did a runner after Madeleine "disappeared" one with government connections.

Did Murat have the finger pointed at him because he looked similar to the person "who had to be protected at all costs", just a thought.  Coulson had many connections - Blair, Murdoch, Cameron and obviously many, many others, NHS connections perhaps.

I may be barking up the wrong tree though, who knows.

Newintown
Newintown

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28.06.13 14:29

www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/PAYNEMURAT.htm

There certainly have been comments before about the general resemblance between the good (?) doctor and Robert Murat.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 28.06.13 14:38

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/PAYNEMURAT.htm

There certainly have been comments before about the general resemblance between the good (?) doctor and Robert Murat.

I have seen previous posts regarding the resemblance between Payne and Murat, but I've always been intrigued that Coulson looks so much like both of them.

In fact a couple of times when I've seen Coulson on TV and hadn't had the sound turned up so I didn't know what the story was about I've thought, "Oh, it's Robert Murat" then realised it wasn't.

Or perhaps I just need to get my glasses changed.   big grin

Newintown
Newintown

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28.06.13 14:44

If receding hairline and rimmed glasses make men a look-alike, there must be thousands of them ...
big grin 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28.06.13 14:48

Perhaps some nice kind person (grovel grovel) could post up pictures of all 3 together. Here's a link to one of Andy Coulson.

www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/andy-coulson-pleads-not-guilty-563998
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 28.06.13 14:55

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:Perhaps some nice kind person (grovel grovel) could post up pictures of all 3 together. Here's a link to one of Andy Coulson.

www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/andy-coulson-pleads-not-guilty-563998

I would have done it but I don't know how to. It takes me all my time, and many tries, to get a post right.

Newintown
Newintown

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28.06.13 15:02

Whilst we're at it, has anyone already flipped in David Symington as Murat look-alike?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_p305OiLZRCU/SQeHd-LbvuI/AAAAAAAAB-I/ATepRS_CQUE/s1600-h/MuratSymingtonSolar.jpg
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 28.06.13 15:18

Châtelaine wrote:Whilst we're at it, has anyone already flipped in David Symington as Murat look-alike?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_p305OiLZRCU/SQeHd-LbvuI/AAAAAAAAB-I/ATepRS_CQUE/s1600-h/MuratSymingtonSolar.jpg

My brain's beginning to hurt now. big grin 

Newintown
Newintown

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores 28.06.13 15:45

Châtelaine wrote:Whilst we're at it, has anyone already flipped in David Symington as Murat look-alike?

I think they are cousins hence the resemblance.
Miraflores
Miraflores

Activity : 856

Back to top Go down

Rebekah Brooks charged with perverting the course of justice - Page 6 Empty RB and AC lose their attempt to block the prosecution

Post by PeterMac 28.06.13 16:50

Back on topic
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2350733/Rebekah-Brooks-Andy-Coulson-News-World-staff-lose-court-battle-block-prosecution-alleged-phone-hacking.html
Rebekah Brooks and Andy Coulson among five News of the World staff to lose court battle to block prosecution over alleged phone hacking
Five former executives tried to get charges thrown out on a technicality
All five are due to stand trial in September
They deny conspiracy to intercept mobile phone voicemails
For non-legal and non-English law readers, they argued that the law under which they were charged did not apply to the specific facts alleged against them.
It is a dangerous thing to do, since you are saying effectively I did it but it was not against the law.
You can obviously go on to deny having done it at all, and hope that a jury will not know about your previous attempt.
But then look at this
Lord Judge allowed the names of the defendants to be reported today, saying: 'We can see no possible prejudice to the fairness of the forthcoming trial.
'We must not be unrealistic - there can hardly be anyone in the country who does not know to whom this case applies.'
So there is an admission that "anyone" chosen for jury service will already know about this attempt.

Fascinating stuff.  This was a perfect opportunity for the Establishment to close the case legally and improperly, but they didn't !
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 28.06.13 17:00

Interesting indeed!

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 28.06.13 17:18

PeterMac wrote:Back on topic http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2350733/Rebekah-Brooks-Andy-Coulson-News-World-staff-lose-court-battle-block-prosecution-alleged-phone-hacking.html
Rebekah Brooks and Andy Coulson among five News of the World staff to lose court battle to block prosecution over alleged phone hacking
Five former executives tried to get charges thrown out on a technicality
All five are due to stand trial in September
They deny conspiracy to intercept mobile phone voicemails
For non-legal and non-English law readers, they argued that the law under which they were charged did not apply to the specific facts alleged against them.
It is a dangerous thing to do, since you are saying effectively I did it but it was not against the law.
You can obviously go on to deny having done it at all, and hope that a jury will not know about your previous attempt.
But then look at this
Lord Judge allowed the names of the defendants to be reported today, saying: 'We can see no possible prejudice to the fairness of the forthcoming trial.
'We must not be unrealistic - there can hardly be anyone in the country who does not know to whom this case applies.'
So there is an admission that "anyone" chosen for jury service will already know about this attempt.

Fascinating stuff.  This was a perfect opportunity for the Establishment to close the case legally and improperly, but they didn't !

Back on topic -

Sorry PeterMac, that was my fault, I got carried away.

It's like any court case these days with the internet giving out so much information, there can be very few people who have not read or heard about any case that they are called to sit on.  If the courts have, say, 40 people to choose from to sit on a jury regarding a certain case, there must be a very small number who have not heard or do not know anything regarding the particular crime they are supposed to be deciding on.

Newintown
Newintown

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 28.06.13 17:28

More details about their argument
Brooks and Coulson's dismissal application turned on the issue of whether phone hacking was an offence under section 1 of the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000.
They argued that the words used in RIPA "do not extend to cover voicemail messages once they have been accessed by the intended recipient".
In their judgment, the three judges ruled: "Contrary to the legal submission on behalf of the appellants, the resulting situation is not lacking in legal certainty".
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/jun/28/rebekah-brooks-andy-coulson-phone-hacking
This is Angels on the head of a pin territory.
1 Unlawful interception.

(1). . .It shall be an offence for a person intentionally and without lawful authority to intercept, at any place in the United Kingdom, any communication in the course of its transmission by means of—
(a). . .a public postal service; or
(b) . . .a public telecommunication system.

So they were arguing that once it has been received and accessed it is no longer "in the course of transmission".  It has been transmitted, and is now in storage.
Neat argument, but the "Mischief Rule" probably lost them the point.
But again it is clear that they implicitly accept that they did it.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 28.06.13 17:33

Newintown wrote:It's like any court case these days with the internet giving out so much information, there can be very few people who have not read or heard about any case that they are called to sit on.  If the courts have, say, 40 people to choose from to sit on a jury regarding a certain case, there must be a very small number who have not heard or do not know anything regarding the particular crime they are supposed to be deciding on.
Which will be even more true in another case which has not yet been decided on, if it ever is.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 28.06.13 17:38

PeterMac wrote:More details about their argument
Brooks and Coulson's dismissal application turned on the issue of whether phone hacking was an offence under section 1 of the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000.
They argued that the words used in RIPA "do not extend to cover voicemail messages once they have been accessed by the intended recipient".
In their judgment, the three judges ruled: "Contrary to the legal submission on behalf of the appellants, the resulting situation is not lacking in legal certainty".
1 Unlawful interception.

(1). . .It shall be an offence for a person intentionally and without lawful authority to intercept, at any place in the United Kingdom, any communication in the course of its transmission by means of—

So they were arguing that once it has been received and accessed it is no longer "in the course of transmission".  It has been transmitted, and is now in storage.[/Neat argument, but the "Mischief Rule" probably lost them the point.

Talk about twisting and distorting the rules and the law to save one's arse, it reminds me of a recent case where a rapist wouldn't admit to a rape as he claimed he was "sleep walking at the time" and wasn't aware he was committing a crime.

They must have some bl**dy good legal experts on their side to come up with all this nickpicking on the rules of law.

Newintown
Newintown

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin 28.06.13 17:41

PeterMac wrote:More details about their argument
1 Unlawful interception.

So they were arguing that once it has been received and accessed it is no longer "in the course of transmission".  It has been transmitted, and is now in storage.
Neat argument, but the "Mischief Rule" probably lost them the point.
"In the course of its transmission".... I suppose that might normally be read as 'during' its transmission, relevant to 'time".
However, 'course', also means 'route' in the spacial sense, sooooo, if intercepted anywhere in between the transmitter and the intended receiver, it is intercepted 'in the course (physical path) of its transmission', i.e. somewhere 'en route' between sender and receiver. Such is the beauty of the English language perhaps, a wider 'interpretation' permissible ?spin 
bobbin

Activity : 2240

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top