The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Documented evidence of sedative effects of Calpol.

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Documented evidence of sedative effects of Calpol.

Post by Cath on 03.03.10 8:37

jkh wrote:Anything's possible, but I still can't see how the tragic accidental death of a small child could result in the parents doing this afterwards:...

Jill, no offence meant, but people do things other people don't understand/wouldn't do.
Remember how there's people who couldn't understand why you started a forum while you're mum was in hospital?
Like there's probably also people who wouldn't understand that a couple of hours after my dad died (a sunny day in February, long time ago) we, me and my brothers and sisters, climbed out of a window and sat on the roof of my parents house. Smoking and laughing.
Condoning or condemning what we do, it's all matter of opinion.

Cath

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bunny on 03.03.10 9:21

I dread to think what people must have thought of my family when one member was in intensive care unconcious. My Mother, Father, Sister, Brother in law and I were laughing and joking in the relatives room.

What they didnt see was each of us sneaking away for a moment on our own.

bunny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 on 03.03.10 9:36

@Tony Bennett wrote:On the general subject of what was happening in Praia da Luz, is it not true that several of the 'Tapas' children were ill in one way or another that week?

Wilkins' and O'Donnell's baby apparently was crying and Wilkins had to take her out for an hour-long walk on 3 May...hmmm.

Is it out of the question that this holiday was paid for by a medical company which was trialling a sedative for children?

It's not out of the question that the holiday was paid for by an international arms dealer either Tony.

But going back to the OP - what are the documented sedative properties of Calpol?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Parents use calpol as a sedative

Post by Tony Bennett on 03.03.10 9:56

@vaguely1 wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:On the general subject of what was happening in Praia da Luz, is it not true that several of the 'Tapas' children were ill in one way or another that week?

Wilkins' and O'Donnell's baby apparently was crying and Wilkins had to take her out for an hour-long walk on 3 May...hmmm.

Is it out of the question that this holiday was paid for by a medical company which was trialling a sedative for children?
It's not out of the question that the holiday was paid for by an international arms dealer either Tony. But going back to the OP - what are the documented sedative properties of Calpol?
I think this article from the Daily Telegraph back in 2005 sheds light on the whole subject.

It's very clear indeed (is it not?) that many parents think of and use Calpol as a sedative:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/children_shealth/3314633/Are-we-using-too-much-Calpol.html
Tony Bennett
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jmbd on 03.03.10 10:16

Terence Stephenson, professor of child health at Nottingham University, believes their use by parents may be misguided.

"Paracetamol doesn't have any sedative properties whatsoever and neither does Nurofen," he says. "It's a widespread misconception that Calpol helps children to sleep. Doctors used to prescribe antihistamines to help children sleep, but not any longer."

jmbd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 on 03.03.10 10:18

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@vaguely1 wrote:

It's not out of the question that the holiday was paid for by an international arms dealer either Tony. But going back to the OP - what are the documented sedative properties of Calpol?
I think this article from the Daily Telegraph back in 2005 sheds light on the whole subject.

It's very clear indeed (is it not?) that many parents think of and use Calpol as a sedative:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/children_shealth/3314633/Are-we-using-too-much-Calpol.html

that would include those who are medically trained, or even able to read a bottle? Or just stupid people?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby on 03.03.10 10:41

It could include medically trained but stupid people who didn't bother to read the bottle, or any variation on that. bashful
Ruby

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 on 03.03.10 10:46

Do you not think that once you've given a child Calpol to sedate them you'd notice that actually it doesn't work?

Or are we talking people who are too stupid to notice that?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinagirl on 03.03.10 10:55

It's very clear indeed (is it not?) that many parents think of and use Calpol as a sedative

Using the substance and "thinking" that it is a sedative doesn't indicate that it IS a sedative.

If you're an unmedically trained parent with a fractious child because it has a mild fever who then drops off the sleep after a dose of Calpol, you may well "think" the medication is a sedative, without realising that it simply eased the child's pain and/or lowered its temperature, thus allowing it a peaceful night's sleep.

Chinagirl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 on 03.03.10 11:00

But on the nights that they're tearing up and down the stairs at 10pm and you give them a spoonful of Calpol.....you would be forced to reconsider your opinion.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bunny on 03.03.10 11:09

@jmbd wrote:Terence Stephenson, professor of child health at Nottingham University, believes their use by parents may be misguided.

"Paracetamol doesn't have any sedative properties whatsoever and neither does Nurofen," he says. "It's a widespread misconception that Calpol helps children to sleep. Doctors used to prescribe antihistamines to help children sleep, but not any longer."

JMBD, thanks for posting this. I would have thought that two Doctors would have known that calpol doesnt have any sedatives properties, wouldnt you?

So why on earth is Tony posting this and relating it to the McCanns?

bunny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hedge on 03.03.10 11:12

@bunny wrote:
@jmbd wrote:Terence Stephenson, professor of child health at Nottingham University, believes their use by parents may be misguided.

JMBD, thanks for posting this. I would have thought that two Doctors would have known that calpol doesnt have any sedatives properties, wouldnt you?

So why on earth is Tony posting this and relating it to the McCanns?

because Amaral did, so why does Amaral want to mislead the public into believing that they drugged their children with something that 2 minutes research would have shown him wasn't possible?

hedge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bunny on 03.03.10 11:14

Im interested in where Amaral got that information. I still think there is a possibiity he got it from 3as personally.

bunny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hedge on 03.03.10 11:15

@bunny wrote:Im interested in where Amaral got that information. I still think there is a possibiity he got it from 3as personally.

he's not going to base aspects of his investigation on the ramblings of a small hate forum in the uk, is he?

hedge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jmbd on 03.03.10 11:16

He prefers Oprah.

jmbd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bunny on 03.03.10 11:17

@hedge wrote:
@bunny wrote:Im interested in where Amaral got that information. I still think there is a possibiity he got it from 3as personally.

he's not going to base aspects of his investigation on the ramblings of a small hate forum in the uk, is he?

I really do think there is a very high possibility that he did. I dont have the links as 3as has gone but I remember that stuff appeared on the 3as BEFORE it appeared in the Portuguese press. This happened on at least two occasions from memory.

Im pretty sure that there are posters (maybe still around now) who are connected to the PJ.

bunny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hedge on 03.03.10 11:21

@bunny wrote:
@hedge wrote:

I really do think there is a very high possibility that he did. I dont have the links as 3as has gone but I remember that stuff appeared on the 3as BEFORE it appeared in the Portuguese press. This happened on at least two occasions from memory.

Im pretty sure that there are posters (maybe still around now) who are connected to the PJ.

You mean an informal (or potentially formal??) myth making factory designed to smear the parents of a missing child?

I hope not, it was bad enough when I assumed it was just bitter angry people having a very public bitching session.

hedge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bunnie1 on 03.03.10 11:21

@bunny wrote:
@hedge wrote:

I have to say this has occurred to me.

bunnie1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 on 03.03.10 11:22

Well there was Beowulf for a start.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bunny on 03.03.10 11:24

okay, just been sent this link http://studiesindiseasedsubjects.blogspot.com/search/label/FSoares

Fsoares is connected to the PJ wow

and Tony Bennett knows that, even tried to get some information from him.

bunny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bunnie1 on 03.03.10 11:30

I thought everyone knew that from reading in the 3 Muppets.

bunnie1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bunny on 03.03.10 11:34

@bunnie1 wrote:I thought everyone knew that from reading in the 3 Muppets.

Did Fsoares say he was connected on 3as then?
http://studiesindiseasedsubjects.blogspot.com/search/label/Ministry%20of%20Justice

bunny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bunnie1 on 03.03.10 11:38

Its a she - I thought she had.I have never been a member in there but I have read in there when I could stomach it. I have certainly read about her - ex athlete isn't she? Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

bunnie1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bunnie1 on 03.03.10 11:40

@bunny wrote:
@bunnie1 wrote:I thought everyone knew that from reading in the 3 Muppets.

Did Fsoares say he was connected on 3as then?
http://studiesindiseasedsubjects.blogspot.com/search/label/Ministry%20of%20Justice

wow From reading your link - Mr.Bennett obviously knows. Is this the information who whatsit was on about last night?

bunnie1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bunny on 03.03.10 11:45

Who's whatsit? thinking

bunny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum