The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™️ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

The airport bus F-Off comment

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The airport bus F-Off comment

Post by listener on 01.03.10 16:20

Hello,
This has always niggled at me -
1. Who took the video?
2. Who posted it on the net (or made it available)?
3. WHY? - I don't understand WHY this personal 'family and friends holiday video' would be posted up - especially as it shows up GM's mood/vocabulary (whilst surrounded by kids) in such a poor way? thinking
listener

Back to top Go down

Re: The airport bus F-Off comment

Post by jmbd on 01.03.10 16:23

wow - there were 1000 page threads about this.

jmbd

Back to top Go down

Post by hedge on 01.03.10 16:24

1. one of the friends took the video.
2. don't know, most probably the friend that took it.
3. why not? one of the children in it was later reporting missing this was up to date moving footage of a missing child mere days before her abduction, I doubt anyone noticed or cared what the adults were doing, that is incredibly unimportant in the scale of things.

hedge

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 on 01.03.10 16:30

What was the original format for it? Was it YouTubed from the TV, or TV'd from YouTube?

Back to top Go down

Post by jmbd on 01.03.10 16:32

Has it been converted to iTunes format?

jmbd

Back to top Go down

Post by hedge on 01.03.10 16:35

I don't think the very first appearance of it on youtube is known, I recall this being examined in detail at the time and none of us got much further forward than the friend, my memory I can't recall which one had given it to the media, at the same time as photos of Madeleine were being given to the media and it got 'used', presumeably as the friend intended. It was circulated and the public saw it, I doubt anyone back then was savvy enough to dictate in what way things were used or if they were surprised it ended up on youtube rather than or as well as news at 10 (if it ever did).

hedge

Back to top Go down

Post by hedge on 01.03.10 16:36

jmbd wrote:Has it been converted to iTunes format?

Now you've lost me. :oops:

hedge

Back to top Go down

Post by listener on 01.03.10 16:54

It never occurred to me that it was posted as an aid to finding Madeleine (i.e. showing what she looked like) as, although it did show her images, it showed a lot more. If it was made available to help the public identify her, why was the useless stuff not edited out? (especially GM and his comment)!
listener

Back to top Go down

Post by jmbd on 01.03.10 16:57

Ah the famous GM comment - analysed forwards, backwards, speeded up, slowed down, inverted 90 degrees.

jmbd

Back to top Go down

Post by hedge on 01.03.10 17:00

listener wrote:It never occurred to me that it was posted as an aid to finding Madeleine (i.e. showing what she looked like) as, although it did show her images, it showed a lot more. If it was made available to help the public identify her, why was the useless stuff not edited out? (especially GM and his comment)!

Why would anyone bother, it was a 20 second bit of footage, it's not like it was a 3 hour opus with Madeleine seen in the final frame -where arguably editing would have been necessary. It was a bit of camera phone footage nothing more, only important in retrospect because of what later happened to her.

hedge

Back to top Go down

Post by Cath on 01.03.10 17:02

TV ---> YouTube imo. Was it Sky or Reuters who was the first to show it?
http://uk.reuters.com/news/video?videoId=54749&newsChannel=topNews

Cath

Back to top Go down

Post by hedge on 01.03.10 17:04

One of the friends had a friend of a friend that worked at sky didn't they, that could be the link as to how it went from being on their mobile to on tv/youtube.

hedge

Back to top Go down

Post by listener on 01.03.10 17:05

hedge wrote:
listener wrote:It never occurred to me that it was posted as an aid to finding Madeleine (i.e. showing what she looked like) as, although it did show her images, it showed a lot more. If it was made available to help the public identify her, why was the useless stuff not edited out? (especially GM and his comment)!

Why would anyone bother, it was a 20 second bit of footage, it's not like it was a 3 hour opus with Madeleine seen in the final frame -where arguably editing would have been necessary. It was a bit of camera phone footage nothing more, only important in retrospect because of what later happened to her.

Fair point, thanks.
listener

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 on 01.03.10 17:11

No, apparently they're waiting until Glee do a cover version.

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy on 01.03.10 20:54

jmbd wrote:Ah the famous GM comment - analysed forwards, backwards, speeded up, slowed down, inverted 90 degrees.

Pack it in jmbd, you're not here to enjoy yourself big grin

Snowy

Back to top Go down

Post by aliberte2 on 02.03.10 1:19

vaguely1 wrote:

No, apparently they're waiting until Glee do a cover version.

Quite Talented Young People!

aliberte2

Back to top Go down

Post by Striker/muratfan on 02.03.10 9:44

Normal, decent people don't use such foul language in front of their toddler children. The children of their friends would also have been present, and quite possibly the children of strangers. On the strength of that one incident alone, Gerry McCann warranted close scrutiny and further investigation to determine exactly what kind of relationship he had with his infant offspring.

I noticed when the McCanns' propaganda 'documentary' was aired, Gerry had presumably been advised to refrain from effing and blinding whilst shooting the scenes in the family home. Must have been a great strain for him to keep it in check.

Given that the incident was captured on video, I would hope that his local Social Services took the opportunity to question him about it and to ensure that his remaining children aren't subjected to torrents of foul verbal abuse in the family home. It's shocking and disturbing though that a supposedly mature, educated adult - a doctor, no less - would need to be told how appallingly unacceptable his behaviour was.

It's a sobering and depressing thought too that that would have been one of the last memories which his daughter had of the uncouth, uncaring lout whom she was unfortunate enough to have for a father.
Striker/muratfan

Back to top Go down

Post by bunnie1 on 02.03.10 11:47

I can't recall the actual footage. Maybe it was just one mate joking to another out of earshot of the children.

bunnie1

Back to top Go down

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 02.03.10 12:42

bunnie1 wrote:I can't recall the actual footage. Maybe it was just one mate joking to another out of earshot of the children.

Get'emGonçalo

http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Striker/muratfan on 02.03.10 12:45

bunnie1 wrote:I can't recall the actual footage. Maybe it was just one mate joking to another out of earshot of the children.

There were four children, flanked by Kate on the left and Gerry on the right. The McCann's eldest daughter was sitting swinging her legs less than an arm's length away from her foul-mouthed father, and well within earshot. Opposite Gerry was a mother and baby, and behind her yet more children, with adults.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=043TUcduqd0

Such language may be the norm and not worthy of comment in your household, but there are still decent, honourable men in England who, if McCann had spoken that way in front of their wives and children then by God he would have apologised profusely or been beaten to within an inch of his life. McCann is a nothing more than a common hoodie, masquerading as a father and doctor.
Striker/muratfan

Back to top Go down

Post by justagrannynow 1 on 02.03.10 12:47

jkh wrote:

Thanks for the youtube clip Jill. I think that proves without doubt that the children were sitting alongside Gerry when he used the F word.
justagrannynow 1

Back to top Go down

Post by hedge on 02.03.10 12:50

Laughingly using the f word in a light hearted way, versus being physically attacked, I think I know which I find more palatable but of course we are all different and have different standards of appropriate behaviour.

hedge

Back to top Go down

Post by justagrannynow 1 on 02.03.10 13:00

hedge wrote:Laughingly using the f word in a light hearted way, versus being physically attacked, I think I know which I find more palatable but of course we are all different and have different standards of appropriate behaviour.

I didn't get the impression that Gerry was laughing or light hearted. Whoever was shooting the video told him to cheer up.

We do indeed all have different standards. When our children were young, we always took care never to use language which we wouldn't have allowed them to use. That way we were in a position to set standards. I wonder if Gerry uses that sort of language to his patients
justagrannynow 1

Back to top Go down

Post by hedge on 02.03.10 13:05

justagrannynow 1 wrote:
hedge wrote:Laughingly using the f word in a light hearted way, versus being physically attacked, I think I know which I find more palatable but of course we are all different and have different standards of appropriate behaviour.

I didn't get the impression that Gerry was laughing or light hearted. Whoever was shooting the video told him to cheer up.

We do indeed all have different standards. When our children were young, we always took care never to use language which we wouldn't have allowed them to use. That way we were in a position to set standards. I wonder if Gerry uses that sort of language to his patients

My point that using the f word in whatever context although this one appeared to be lighthearted (sarcastic, you understand) is a completely different ballpark to beating someone within an inch of their life and again I reiterate, I know which of those I find more palatable but again, we are all different and have different standards, I'm not so keen on the violence me.

hedge

Back to top Go down

Post by hedge on 02.03.10 13:08

As for using the same language in front of his patients he probably doesnt cut his toenails on the sofa while watching footy (insert unfortunate or unpalatable pivate habit of your choice here) in front of his patients either big grin

That's the difference between work and home, public professional and dad, husband and friend.

hedge

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum