The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Chapter 28 – The millionaire bet Mm11

Chapter 28 – The millionaire bet Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Chapter 28 – The millionaire bet Mm11

Chapter 28 – The millionaire bet Regist10

Chapter 28 – The millionaire bet

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chapter 28 – The millionaire bet Empty Chapter 28 – The millionaire bet

Post by Guest 08.05.12 18:16

Chapter 28 – The millionaire bet

João Tavares and Francisco Meireles are on service in Praia da Luz for the last time. Or at least, that is what they expect. The place does not bring them bad memories, but it has shown them doors that are still closed to human knowledge.

They are sitting on the wall that surround the Church of Luz. The sea, as they can see it from there, looks imposing. It is very blue. It is a lot of sea. They say that it talks to those who listen to it, but it’s never said a word to these policemen. Francisco had never properly made a friendship with his chief. But he liked to talk with him, because he was always learning. The chief was not prone to talking about his family life, but Francisco took a chance and teased his superior:

- Well, Chief, looking into the blue like that… don’t tell me you already miss this, when you have barely left?

- Francisco, Francisco – João Tavares says, keeping his eyes on the ocean and smiling – everything in life, even the worst things, can help us to learn a little more.

- That is quite true, chief. But sometimes, if we knew a little more before things happen, that would be a good idea.

- That would not be funny at all. Knowing what is coming, would take pleasure out of life. This is how it’s enjoyable. Suddenly and without warning. That is how we see who can take it as a man!

- Well, I actually think it would be great. For example, it would come in handy for Euromillions, wouldn’t it?

João Tavares looks away from the ocean for a moment, and looking at Francisco, he says:

- I don’t usually bet on Euromillions, my friend, but if I ever did, there would be at least four numbers where I would place my little crosses, to hit the winning key. And I bet that at least I would get those four right. As a matter of fact, I would even call it the Luz key.

Those would be the 5, the 2, the 3 and the 1!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top