The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™️ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Another Costa sighting!

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Another Costa sighting!

Post by PeterMac on 09.05.12 17:33

And now OP have published the new article.

Spanish Maddie mystery solved
PUBLISHED: MAY 9, 2012 AT 4:49 PM • LAST EDITED: MAY 9, 2012 AT 4:49 PM

• 'MADDIE' SPOTTED ON CABOPINO CAMPSITE WAS ACTUALLY KARSTEN MAYER'S DAUGHTER

THE mystery has been solved over a possible Maddie sighting on the Costa del Sol.
Karsten Mayer, whose name has appeared in newspapers around the world in the last few days, has come forward to insist he has nothing to do with the inquiry.
The Swiss father-of-three was traced after the Olive Press handed details over to the police and German media.
Swiss detectives are now believed to be interviewing the 41-year-old, who voluntarily went to the police.
He confirmed that he had been at the campsite in Cabopino just days after the toddler vanished in 2007 but that the blond girl mistaken for Maddie was in fact his own daughter who was the same age.
“I did have a girl around about Maddie’s age in the car – she was my own daughter who also happens to have blonde coloured hair and was about the same age as Maddie at the time,” said Mayer, a German-speaking Swiss native who lives near the capital Bern.
“I was at the camping ground with my family. It is really unbelievable that I am some kind of suspect because we read about Maddie’s disappearance on a notice at the campsite. We were shocked and we felt for the parents.
“It is quite possible that my daughter appeared distant. She was tired after a very long road trip.
“We spent 12 days at the camping ground we journeyed further around Portugal. I don’t think a kidnapper would have done that.”
It comes a day after it emerged British mother-of-two Karen Sissons, 49, had contacted police in three different countries after becoming concerned about a girl on a campsite who did not speak and seemed ‘out of it and extremely removed from her family.’
Even more intriguingly, detectives investigating the British toddler’s disappearance had been told a German family had paid a supplement for an extra child after arriving at the campsite on May 6, 2007.
And it was discovered the numberplate recorded by the campsite, which began ‘BE’ with five letters has not been used in Germany since 1974.
However the number plate has since been traced to Mayer’s home near Bern.
“I find these media reports about me unbelievable and am reporting to police immediately before I am arrested!” added the self-employed businessman.
I don't know if this will see the light of day
PM says:
Your comment is awaiting moderation.
May 9, 2012 at 6:28 pm
I do not see an apology anywhere in this article. This man’s personal details, his family, details of his car and his address, have been put into the public domain; he has been forced to take time to clear his name; he had been linked in the press with an investigation into an ‘abduction’ and paedo***, yet there is no apology, either from you or from Karen. He knows he is in danger of being arrested – for the crime of being a family man with a blonde daughter. Are we all now at the mercy of the press feeding frenzy stirred up by the McCanns ? Coming to a beach near you this summer….. !

PeterMac
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores on 09.05.12 17:37

Do the McCanns ever offer an apology to those wrongly accused of being abductors?

OK, silly question. I am pretty sure the answer is NO.
Miraflores

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 09.05.12 17:44

But will the press apologise ?
They might if lawyers got there fairly soon.

Still fascinating that in the article he blithers on about the number plate, but never says "The witness was unreliable" leaving the public with the idea that a German plate, out of date and so on had been traced to this man's car.

"Karsten Mayer, whose name has appeared in newspapers around the world in the last few days, has come forward to insist he has nothing to do with the inquiry."
This is the new McCann order. You have to come forward and rule yourself OUT. It is not for police and journalists to find some evidence against you. A blonde daughter, or blonde friend of your own daughter, or any combination involving blonde is enough to have you condemned in newspapers across the world, as a likely suspect in a most serious crime.

PeterMac
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Genbug on 09.05.12 17:59

PeterMac wrote:But will the press apologise ?
They might if lawyers got there fairly soon.

Still fascinating that in the article he blithers on about the number plate, but never says "The witness was unreliable" leaving the public with the idea that a German plate, out of date and so on had been traced to this man's car.

"Karsten Mayer, whose name has appeared in newspapers around the world in the last few days, has come forward to insist he has nothing to do with the inquiry."
This is the new McCann order. You have to come forward and rule yourself OUT. It is not for police and journalists to find some evidence against you. A blonde daughter, or blonde friend of your own daughter, or any combination involving blonde is enough to have you condemned in newspapers across the world, as a likely suspect in a most serious crime.

This is disgusting, I've just checked all of the news sites - Sky, BBC, ITN - and not one of them are reporting this.

Genbug

Back to top Go down

Post by jmac on 09.05.12 18:01

Pure farce, if it wasn`t so serious.

jmac

Back to top Go down

Post by nomendelta on 09.05.12 18:08

More and more I am convinced that the photofit was designed and timed purely for this kind of response.

Isn't it interesting...a photofit which may not (indeed probably not) look anything like Maddie (in the unlikely situation whereby she is still alive) but certainly is bland enough to look like thousands of young girls, many of whom will be holidaying in Portugal and the Costa Del Sol is released for the public to do their job. Yet we know nothing of the 195 pieces of evidence. Surely rather than this complete timewaste, SY should be publicising SOME of these "loose ends" (and perhaps I am being generous even describing them thusly but let's give benefit of the doubt) so that, as in this campsite horror story, the individuals involved or the public at large can help identify the false leads? Or would that involve revealing just how many of the 195 leads are indeed false?

nomendelta

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 09.05.12 18:48

And I bet they won't print this either.

PM says:
Your comment is awaiting moderation.
May 9, 2012 at 6:54 pm
I intend to phone him this evening to apologise on behalf of most of us, and to reassure him that not all Brits in Spain behave in this way. I am APPALLED at what you have done to this family. This should have been investigated quietly and discreetly, until the full facts were known. I hope you have the good grace to pay whatever you made by syndicating the article to “newspapers around the world in the last few days” (Your words !) to him or with his consent to a proper Charity dedicated to Children. A proper Charity that is.

PeterMac
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by jay2001 on 09.05.12 19:03

I wasted 15 minutes trying to send a message to Daily Wail this morning. Asking for a retraction and for them to print the full facts, but after finding out my password again every time I pressed submit I got 'cut off' and gave up.

Investigative journalism is truly dead in the UK and I despair. Well the Wail has now printed the facts about the Swiss father and one clown commenting wanted to know why we couldn't see a pic of his child. Presumably this clown didn't believe him! Reading comments from mindless morons on the sun and wail make me want to give up. They trash PJ and Portugal and can't see just how corrupt SY and the UK media is.

I thank God for the net and forums because otherwise I'd go potty! Mom and OH have banned me talking about the case now after blood pressure went sky high today after the stories from the last 2 days!

jay2001

Back to top Go down

Post by statsman on 09.05.12 19:35

I wouldn't be surprised if TM demanded to see a current picture of Karsten's child. After all, if she looked just like Madeleine 5 years ago then she may be a better resemblance to what Madeleine looks like now than the SY picture.

I really wouldn't put it past them

statsman

Back to top Go down

Post by friedtomatoes on 09.05.12 19:47

statsman wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if TM demanded to see a current picture of Karsten's child. After all, if she looked just like Madeleine 5 years ago then she may be a better resemblance to what Madeleine looks like now than the SY picture.

I really wouldn't put it past them

They should be writing a letter of apology instead as should that sisson cross eyed woman! the lazyarse sun woman and the jon from olive press

friedtomatoes

Back to top Go down

Post by jmac on 09.05.12 20:04

This fiasco is evidence for the harm that can be done to an innocent family when appeals for more `sightings` are made and the media run wild with it. What`s it going to be like when the psychics and dreamers are let loose?

jmac

Back to top Go down

Post by friedtomatoes on 09.05.12 20:17

jmac wrote:This fiasco is evidence for the harm that can be done to an innocent family when appeals for more `sightings` are made and the media run wild with it. What`s it going to be like when the psychics and dreamers are let loose?

I doubt they can get away with much more at the mo

the public and all of us are SICK to the back teeth
At the end of the day madeleine is no more special than any other child, no more, she is diferent though in that her parents left her all alone 200 yards away out of their ear and eyeshot, in that way she is special, she was put at risk and the parents didnt give a toss and they dont to this day

ive never understood the five year later postings by people sayjng they shouldnt have left her we all know that, it is boring the point is they never said it was wrong

friedtomatoes

Back to top Go down

Post by justme3 on 09.05.12 21:13

I don't know if this has already been posted:

'That wasn't Maddie... it was my daughter': Swiss father says he was mystery man seen driving blonde girl identical to Madeleine days after she vanished

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2141774/Madeleine-McCann-sighting-Swiss-father-says-mystery-man-seen-driving-blonde-girl.html#ixzz1uPCMGOFj

justme3

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 10.05.12 2:03

Latest from the shameless Antonella Lazzeri.....STILL NO APOLOGY

Maddie lookalike driver in cop quiz

A MAN seen driving a Madeleine McCann lookalike days after she vanished will speak to cops.

Swiss Karsten Mayer, 41, says his blonde daughter was wrongly identified by a British tourist.

The dad of three added he was turning himself over to police after being spotted leaving a campsite a few hours’ drive from Praia da Luz, Portugal, where Madeleine, three, vanished in 2007.

Holidaymaker Karen Sisson, 49, claimed the girl in the car looked “groggy” and “alienated”.

Karsten said: “I had a girl around Maddie’s age in the car. She was my daughter. I was at the camping ground with my family. She was tired after a long road trip. It’s unbelievable that I’m some kind of suspect

Swiss cops said Mayer was “all but” ruled out of their enquires.

UK cops claim to have 195 leads in their hunt for Madeleine, of Rothley, Leics.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4307563/Maddie-McCann-lookalike-driver-in-cop-quiz.html
jd

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 10.05.12 3:24

It's disgusting they exposed the man and his family to risk by printing his name.
If I were him I will sue the mccanns. Or, at least speak to the press, demand an apology, and made it known that what they did was disgusting putting innocent people at risk over a mystery of a missing child the parents alleged was abducted.

I would ask how can it be practical or lawful for the mccanns to demand that the public report and inconvenience the public when they themselves didnt co-operate with the Police to get themselves eliminated.

I would want the papers to ask the mccanns -
Why didnt kate answer 48 questions, except one, in reply that she knew tat by not answering she is hindering the investigation?
Why did they and friends impose conditions for the re-enactment>
Why they u-turn on the poly gragh test - ie why did they say they will take the test only to place conditions on it?

Why do the impose so many conditions on burden of proof to prove themselves innocent?
Surely the onus is on them to prove themselves innocent by getting themselves eliminated; while the onus for the Police is to find out what really happened to Madeleine.

Most of all, I would demand that the papers that splashed my name for the whole world to read with the insinuation of "Paedophile" to ask the mccanns:
How can they realistically (or lawfully) expect the Public to inconvenience everyone with a blond child Maddie's age and put innocent people at risk. The very least they should do is to get themselves eliminated out of the equation, only when the Police announced they are eliminated of involvement (not spin eliminated by their mouthpiece) but eliminated by the Police announcing it publicly, then it is fair to ask the public to look out.

Of course we can expect the Papers to print they were "cleared" ..blah blah blah...the ususal gibberish.
Lastly I would want the press to ask them : why didn't they request for the case to be reopened - it costs only a stamp .
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by jmac on 10.05.12 4:23

Here`s the first comment:

This is, however, the best way to try to find this little girl. Check every lead, make people answerable to any allegations. No-one who is innocent should mind the `inconvenience` in order to give Maddy a chance.

Calling it an `inconvenience` is a bit of an understatement. The man has a case for libel and defamation of character has he not? You would expect Kate and Gerry to sympathise with that and maybe make themselves `answerable` too.

jmac

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot on 10.05.12 7:29

I recall a mother being attacked in a US supermarket as a "vigilant" person was sure her daughter was Lisa Irwin and confronted her.

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 10.05.12 8:00

So far as I can make out the conduct of OP and the Sun breaches Article 8 on the European Convention of Human Rights, and also the first two paragraphs of the Code of Conduct of the Press Complaints Commission.
I shall be preparing a brief today.

PeterMac
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10.05.12 8:24

The same article about the sighting was written in our news. On the comment section, a few people commented that this man already was cheked out from the case, and that the german news already had this out, and pointed out that they should edit their article or remove it because the info was wrong. ( the people pointing it out ofcourse got hated on for saying so and no one believed them ).. The article writer did answer that she was going to check if that was correct.
So a couple of hours later the article is gone, BUT they did not replace it with the informasion that the man refered to was already spoke to and cheked out... This was last night, and still no article about it.. The english news has acually, surprisingly enough , put up an article saying this man i s cheked out. So why havent our news done the same? ( specially since 70 % of their news is copied from the british newspapers anyway, often translated so badly im convinced they are usin google translate on some of them) big grin

Back to top Go down

Post by ufercoffy on 10.05.12 8:52

The irony is that the McCanns allowed their daughter's investigation to be shelved so that they could defend their reputation.

Thanks to their government-appointed spokesman Clarence "put money in an envelope and address it to Kate and Gerry in Rothley, it'll get there" Mitchell and every other person associated with protecting this despicable couple who are hell-bent on destroying other people's lives including their own remaining children, Kate and Gerry are now probably the most despised child neglecting fraudsters this country has ever seen. It won't matter where in the world they go to escape what they have done, they will be recognised everywhere.

Do they not realise that the more this fraud goes on the worse it will be for them, their children, their extended family and their friends?

The McCanns will now never be free of the reputation they have built for themselves driven by their need to cover their crimes and because of their greed for money. What a legacy to leave for Sean and Amelie.

Totally vile people.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ribisl on 10.05.12 9:45

aiyoyo wrote:It's disgusting they exposed the man and his family to risk by printing his name.
If I were him I will sue the mccanns. Or, at least speak to the press, demand an apology, and made it known that what they did was disgusting putting innocent people at risk over a mystery of a missing child the parents alleged was abducted.

I would ask how can it be practical or lawful for the mccanns to demand that the public report and inconvenience the public when they themselves didnt co-operate with the Police to get themselves eliminated.

I would want the papers to ask the mccanns -
Why didnt kate answer 48 questions, except one, in reply that she knew tat by not answering she is hindering the investigation?
Why did they and friends impose conditions for the re-enactment>
Why they u-turn on the poly gragh test - ie why did they say they will take the test only to place conditions on it?

Why do the impose so many conditions on burden of proof to prove themselves innocent?
Surely the onus is on them to prove themselves innocent by getting themselves eliminated; while the onus for the Police is to find out what really happened to Madeleine.

Most of all, I would demand that the papers that splashed my name for the whole world to read with the insinuation of "Paedophile" to ask the mccanns:
How can they realistically (or lawfully) expect the Public to inconvenience everyone with a blond child Maddie's age and put innocent people at risk. The very least they should do is to get themselves eliminated out of the equation, only when the Police announced they are eliminated of involvement (not spin eliminated by their mouthpiece) but eliminated by the Police announcing it publicly, then it is fair to ask the public to look out.

Of course we can expect the Papers to print they were "cleared" ..blah blah blah...the ususal gibberish.
Lastly I would want the press to ask them : why didn't they request for the case to be reopened - it costs only a stamp .

Fully agree, aiyoyo. Interesting that even the German tabloid Bild did not publish the man's full name (they referred to him as 'M. Karsten').

Press Complaints Commission - Editors' Code of Practice states

3 Privacy

i) Everyone is entitled to respect for his or her private and family life, home, health and correspondence, including digital communications.

ii) Editors will be expected to justify intrusions into any individual's private life without consent. Account will be taken of the complainant's own public disclosures of information.

iii) It is unacceptable to photograph individuals in private places without their consent.

Note - Private places are public or private property where there is a reasonable expectation of privacy.

Media ethics and standards in the UK have sadly sunk to an abysmal level. But frankly what can we expect when they are being courted and even manipulated by the very authorities such as the SY and the Downing Street that ought to be upholding their own accountability and high standards but clearly failing to do so. How very depressing.

Ribisl

Back to top Go down

Post by mrscee on 10.05.12 10:15

This chaos makes me think again about the possibility of a microchipping agenda here - not with abduction prevention as the fake rationale but so that anyone can instantly demonstrate that a child belongs to them. It is frightening because if someone suggested my child was not mine it could take me days to prove otherwise. Guilty till proven innocent here like poor old karsten!

mrscee

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10.05.12 10:51

And still they are pushing this story. This appears today, in the Huffington Post, from Cordelia Kretzschmar Senior News Correspondent, ITV.

The Search for Madeleine

Cordelia Kretzschmar

Senior News Correspondent, ITV

Posted: 10/05/2012 00:00

Standing under the pine trees in a busy Spanish campsite yesterday morning it was hard to see how anyone could hide a secret there, let alone a secret as big as Madeleine McCann. It's so close to the fast road that follows the Costa Del Sol you can hear the traffic. Grandmothers shuffled past with their wash bags looking straight into the camera. Mums hustled kids away. And eventually security kicked me out. There are even gaps above and below the toilet and shower cubicles for goodness sake. No kind of privacy at all. If you've ever been camping in the Med you know the score. Remote it is not.

So why would Madeleine's abductors have exposed themselves by taking her here after stealing her so expertly in the night.

That is what police will be wondering as they probe a credible sighting of Madeleine that has only just emerged. It places her at this most unlikely of places just three days after she disappeared.

A woman has come forward claiming to have seen a girl who looked like Madeleine with a German family under very suspicious circumstances. First, the witness said, the girl was groggy and looked nothing like the other children in the family. Second, the family added an extra child to their booking the day they arrived. Third, the car they were driving had false plates. The registration number didn't match the age of the car.

So why has this only just emerged? Well the McCanns are being careful what they say here. It's thought the witness reported this to Portuguese police at the time, which makes it, technically, a very old lead. But as we know that investigation went nowhere. Many leads went unchecked. I understand that just last week the witness restated her claims in Spain. They came to the McCann's attention for the first time. And the McCanns notified the British Police team reviewing the case.

That team now has a car to trace and a name to follow up thanks to the campsite log book.

Meanwhile Madeleine McCanns birthday is on Saturday. Once again her parents will have to mark a day that presents them with a awful question. 'Is' Madeleine nine years old today or 'would she have been'. I had a hint of how difficult this day is for them last year. That's when I first met Kate and Gerry. When I clumsily muttered something about "this difficult day" she looked like she had just been stabbed. She actually flinched. And it still haunts me.

So as unlikely a place as the campsite may seem, let it be investigated. And here's hoping it is finally the needle in the haystack that points them to their little girl.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/cordelia-kretzschmar/madeleine-mccann-search-for_b_1502588.html

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 10.05.12 11:02

Oh for gods sake when will these people read the files before they print shite like this.

THERE WAS NO ABDUCTION.....
tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by jay2001 on 10.05.12 11:31

Cordelia Cartland - don't these so called journalists do any research.

As for Kate flinching, she probably misunderstood crazy cordelia's words. Every day must be difficult when you're relentlessly searching for more people to sue. An apology from voucherdigg - words mean nothing. Apology letters without donations are worthless imo, especially as clarrie said the lawyers were on the case.

What about apologising to this family for the trauma they've just been put through thanks to irresponsible, lazy 'journalists'. No one else who has suffered via uk media because of the parents has ever had an apology. This is disgraceful and has to be stopped.

jay2001

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum