The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on - Page 4 Mm11

Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on - Page 4 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on - Page 4 Mm11

Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on - Page 4 Regist10

Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on - Page 4 Empty Re: Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on

Post by missbeetle 19.04.14 21:58

The first minute where he says "...literally in our own, not back yard, in our own presence"... then goes on to say "It wasn't our child, so it didn't affect us... Just gave us lots to talk about"...!
missbeetle
missbeetle

Activity : 1093

Back to top Go down

Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on - Page 4 Empty Re: Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on

Post by Liz Eagles 19.04.14 22:09

missbeetle wrote:The first minute where he says "...literally in our own, not back yard, in our own presence"... then goes on to say "It wasn't our child, so it didn't affect us... Just gave us lots to talk about"...!
are your teeth beginning to itch?
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.04.14 8:37

aquila wrote:
missbeetle wrote:The first minute where he says "...literally in our own, not back yard, in our own presence"... then goes on to say "It wasn't our child, so it didn't affect us... Just gave us lots to talk about"...!

Rev Hubbard refers another time to a "backyard" in yet another interview, -one which relates to the decline in the tourist industry since Madeleine disappeared. It is on Youtube but I cannot now find it. It's the one where it states the number of Ocean Club staff who have been laid off, and it shows a stall full of sunhats and no-one buying them. Rev Hubbard distinctly talks in terms of not expecting something like that in the backyard. Funny how often that term has been used. Dining in one, something like this happening in one... Praia de Luz does not strike me as being like anyone's 'back yard'. I would have been more inclined to refer to something happening 'right here' or 'right under our noses'.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Monty Heck 20.04.14 11:04

lj wrote:
Newintown wrote:
lj wrote:I know it is not very constructive, but I have to rant about "father" Hubbard. This man truly gives me the creeps. The way he  talks down to everyone. Is that because of his "profession" or is he like Kate and Gerry: empty vessel that make a lot of noise.

I would not trust him with anything.

It does make you wonder why "he" was brought in to PDL all the way from Canada.   There must have been numerous fathers/priests nearer to Portugal who could have been brought in.   I remember reading somewhere that the McCanns have family somewhere in Canada, I think they had a holiday out there a few years ago after Madeleine disappeared.  It would be interesting to know if he has a connection to the family.

I do remember his arrival had been planned before this whole thing erupted. He is just one of those opportunist that won't let any disaster go to waste. He must have been in "heaven": a new post at the Mediterranean and daily his face on tv. He fitted in nicely with the other narcissists.  
lj, your comment in bold (mine) spot on, IMO.  HH seemed to divide his PDL flock into two camps; those who found him charismatic (in the religious as well as wordly sense) and those who cordially disliked him.  Some even boycotted his services but made a point of attending when any another cleric was officiating.  Whether liked and disliked in equal measure is not possible to say but the Hubbards' open devotion to the McCs did not go down well universally, by any means.

As to the use of 'Father', the PDL Anglican congregation do routinely use the term but combine 'Father' plus first name, so Father Haynes rather than Father Hubbard.  Other Anglican priests related to that congregation were addressed in the same way so nothing unusual in that.  

HH arrival in PDL was many months in the planning, as there was a lengthy period of negotiation before all was agreed to the satisfaction of all parties, then the chaplaincy house was given a thorough overhaul and update to accommodate a priest with a young family for the first time in a very long time, if not ever.  That the Hubbards arrived just after the disappearance was one of those mutually serendipitous occurrences.  HH was catapulted from obscurity onto the world stage as the priest forever associated with that situation which, as others have pointed out he seems to have relished.  For their part the McCs gained extremely useful friends who were PR gold, and so could craft their own lasting assocation with a (happily) photogenic religious backdrop.
Monty Heck

Activity : 472

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.04.14 11:33

The more I learn the more I realise that this thing - the whole stinking affair - is massive. Even relatively small elements such as this, the priest who replaced the traumatized Father Pacheco, are orchestrated by forces that should be unconnected to the case.

This will never be solved. The only mystery is how Brooks managed to levy sufficient pressure to force a review of a case it was in nobody's interest to reopen. Did she have an inkling of the enormity of the whole affair? I don't believe her motives were just newspaper sales.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 20.04.14 11:52

tigger wrote:
mira2 wrote:Re: Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on
Interview with Father Haynes Hubbard 5 year on - Page 4 Empty Cherry Blossom on Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:54 pm

Many thanks tigger, very interesting reading, there is a lot there to take in, I will read it again. The McCann's always seemed very attached to the church. Did KM ever say she felt closest to Maddie any where else apart from the church and the rocks on the beach?

reading back on this thread,  Gerry's calculated decision to involve the little church down the road is very telling.

There's even more on Hubbard in this topic and I urge you to listen to the radio interview as well as watch the videos. He speaks about the McCanns as if they are truly 'holy'
e.g. 'when I first came into their presence...'sad ehhh?
He also makes a lovely slip in the video - ... they have... two (break) three children.. Imo 'He knows, you know?'

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t6873-anniversary-coming-up-rev-hubbard-now-roped-in?highlight=hubbard

These are the correct quotes, had them wrong earlier, but remembered the other slip in the clip,
Two - three children. Hubbard completely on board and imo Mother Hubbard nothing less than Kate's minder and she surely needed one.... laughat 

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 20.04.14 12:04

Monty Heck wrote:
lj wrote:
Newintown wrote:
lj wrote:I know it is not very constructive, but I have to rant about "father" Hubbard. This man truly gives me the creeps. The way he  talks down to everyone. Is that because of his "profession" or is he like Kate and Gerry: empty vessel that make a lot of noise.

It does make you wonder why "he" was brought in to PDL all the way from Canada.   There must have been numerous fathers/priests nearer to Portugal who could have been brought in.   I remember reading somewhere that the McCanns have family somewhere in Canada, I think they had a holiday out there a few years ago after Madeleine disappeared.  It would be interesting to know if he has a connection to the family.

I do remember his arrival had been planned before this whole thing erupted. He is just one of those opportunist that won't let any disaster go to waste. He must have been in "heaven": a new post at the Mediterranean and daily his face on tv. He fitted in nicely with the other narcissists.  
lj, your comment in bold (mine) spot on, IMO.  HH seemed to divide his PDL flock into two camps; those who found him charismatic (in the religious as well as wordly sense) and those who cordially disliked him.  Some even boycotted his services but made a point of attending when any another cleric was officiating.  Whether liked and disliked in equal measure is not possible to say but the Hubbards' open devotion to the McCs did not go down well universally, by any means.

As to the use of 'Father', the PDL Anglican congregation do routinely use the term but combine 'Father' plus first name, so Father Haynes rather than Father Hubbard.  Other Anglican priests related to that congregation were addressed in the same way so nothing unusual in that.  

HH arrival in PDL was many months in the planning, as there was a lengthy period of negotiation before all was agreed to the satisfaction of all parties, then the chaplaincy house was given a thorough overhaul and update to accommodate a priest with a young family for the first time in a very long time, if not ever.  That the Hubbards arrived just after the disappearance was one of those mutually serendipitous occurrences.  HH was catapulted from obscurity onto the world stage as the priest forever associated with that situation which, as others have pointed out he seems to have relished.  For their part the McCs gained extremely useful friends who were PR gold, and so could craft their own lasting assocation with a (happily) photogenic religious backdrop.
A snip from your excellent post Monty Heck,    then the chaplaincy house was given a thorough overhaul and update to accommodate a priest with a young family for the first time in a very long time, if not ever.
This overhaul/refurb wasn't quite completed when the Hubbards arrived, and they had to stay somewhere else for a few days, for the life in me I cannot remember where, nor find a link, just remember them not being able to move straight in. There is also a small chapel in the Chaplaincy, so consecrated. The residence is very close to the Church. Not saying, just wondering.

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.04.14 13:15

Nina, you remind me now of Kate saying, that she went praying at the "small" [or little] chapel and find peace [non verbatim] ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 20.04.14 16:26

Châtelaine wrote:Nina, you remind me now of Kate saying, that she went praying at the "small" [or little] chapel and find peace [non verbatim] ...
 winkwink   yes

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 20.04.14 16:28

aquila wrote:

That is a very good description! The man gives me a very uneasy feeling, partly for reasons I cannot really describe yet, partly because of the very condescending way he talks to the interviewer and indirectly to us. I have no idea if he really had any active role other than brownnosing TM, but I would not be surprised.

No doubt that most of his motivation to get involved is to further his own glory.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 20.04.14 16:31

Monty Heck wrote:
lj wrote:
Newintown wrote:

How funny Monty, I just posted how he did it for his own glory. Thanks for some local info!

lj
lj

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 20.04.14 16:38

Dee Coy wrote:The more I learn the more I realise that this thing - the whole stinking affair - is massive. Even relatively small elements such as this, the priest who replaced the traumatized Father Pacheco, are orchestrated by forces that should be unconnected to the case.

This will never be solved. The only mystery is how Brooks managed to levy sufficient pressure to force a review of a case it was in nobody's interest to reopen. Did she have an inkling of the enormity of the whole affair? I don't believe her motives were just newspaper sales.

Do you mean to say "Father" Haynes Hubbard replaced Father Pacheco? Maybe in Kate's world, but they were from different convictions.

I on purpose " " the father part. I think that title should be reserved for those who really take care of their flock as a (good) father does for his children.

lj
lj

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.04.14 19:04

Unctious person, very much so

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 21.04.14 7:09

Portia wrote:Unctious person, very much so

Extremely so?

Back to top Go down

Post by Watching 21.04.14 10:04

candyfloss wrote:Interesting article here on the Hubbards from mccannfiles..............

Missing Madeleine CBC News

Vanished on holiday

NANCY DURHAM
May 2, 2008

One year ago, Kate and Gerry McCann's holiday on Portugal's Algarve coast turned into a nightmare. On the second-last night of their vacation, the McCanns, from Leicestershire, England, put their three children to bed: Madeleine, nearly four, and two-year-old twins Sean and Emilie. Then they walked 50 metres to dine at a tapas bar, which is part of the Ocean Club complex in Praia de Luz where they were staying with friends. The couples took turns checking on each other's children every 30 minutes or so. At around 10 p.m., Kate McCann discovered Madeleine missing from her bed.

Father Haynes Hubbard

In the year since the 3-year-old girl disappeared on May 3, 2007, a Canadian couple has been playing a crucial role of support in the lives of Kate and Gerry McCann.

The Hubbards – Haynes, an Anglican priest who was about to take up a new post as senior chaplain for the Algarve Anglican Church, and Susan, a midwife – arrived in Praia de Luz three days after Madeleine's disappearance. The town was in chaos as police combed the area looking for the missing British girl, reporters jostled for interviews and helicopters circled in the sky. This was no longer the peaceful tourist town the couple remembered from a previous visit when Haynes temporarily filled the role of Anglican chaplain in the former fishing village. Now he was arriving to take on the job full time.

God brought us here

The Hubbards appear to have had enough of reporters. Yet they agree to open their door to another inquisitive stranger for one reason only: because there's a chance that giving another interview just might help find the little girl they've never met.

The Hubbards now believe Madeleine's disappearance is the reason they were "called" to Portugal. Susan remembers the moment it hit her.

"It wasn't until months later, when I saw really why God had brought us here, that I was awestruck that he confirmed we were to be here before we even set foot in our town of Praia de Luz," she says. "For me, he confirmed it on the plane … the fact that there was a child missing here gave us our first mission before we even set foot in the place."

Hold on to your baby

Their arrival was unnerving. When their plane landed in Lisbon, Susan was warned.

"This old woman grabbed me, and I was holding on to our five-month-old son, Caspian, and she grabbed my arm and spoke to me in Portuguese: 'Hold on to your baby; there's been an English child taken.'"

At first, Susan double-locked the doors and windows to keep their three children safe. Caspian has an older sister, Gabriela, 9, and brother, Sebastian, now 10. Soon, the family relaxed, and Haynes, too, saw this was the place they were meant to be.

"It was pretty clear that He was using us, of the same age [as the McCanns] and with small children and Susan speaking Portuguese … and being able to relate to them in a tiny way, to lead them in prayer and just to walk with them," he said.

Haynes Hubbard loves travel, so when it was time to move on from his Dunnville, Ont., parish, he and Susan saw the job opening in Praia de Luz as an opportunity. Haynes says he felt a little guilty "in terms of my ministry, wanting to travel," but a friend encouraged him to see it as a gift, pointing out that he could be useful abroad.

Rural Ontario roots

It's hard to imagine a couple better suited to extend the hand of friendship to Kate and Gerry McCann, who are also devout Christians. Although the McCanns are Roman Catholic, in this seaside town, the lines between Catholic and Protestant are blurred. Both faiths share the pretty, white and mustard yellow-trimmed church, Our Lady of Light, which sits just above the shimmering beach in the town centre.

The McCanns were soon attending Haynes Hubbard's weekly services, and Susan Hubbard reached out to Kate McCann. In keeping with her rural Ontario upbringing, she made her approach in that very Canadian way of offering food.

"It's something my mother would always do, being a part of the church community in Canada," Susan said.

More gifts of food followed, and notes, and soon a warm friendship between Susan Hubbard and Kate McCann began.

Susan wants it known that their friendship is not one-sided. She describes how throughout the McCanns' own desperate ordeal, Kate inquired about the Hubbards' children.

"That's how she is," Susan said. "In the middle of her grief, she still is such a caring, loving friend."

In fact, Susan says, it was the McCanns who helped the Hubbards settle in to their new parish. Susan has visited the McCanns since their return to England last September, and the two women keep in close touch through text messages and e-mail.

The Hubbards have faithfully stood by the McCanns throughout their ordeal, and they continue to do so. They hold weekly vigils for Madeleine in Our Lady of Light. A photograph of the little girl's smiling face is on the wall by the altar. Beside it, the words "pray for me" are written.

Sightings of Madeleine have been reported across Europe and as far away as Australia, each one turning out to be a disappointment. At summer's end last year, and with no clue to Madeleine's disappearance, the Portuguese police named her parents as suspects, which in Portugal allows police to question witnesses more thoroughly.

No charges have been laid against the McCanns, but British tabloid newspapers turned on the couple, printing dozens of false stories filled with rumour and innuendo suggesting they were responsible for their daughter's disappearance. The McCanns sued, and in March, the Express newspaper group paid more than $1 million in damages to the couple and printed front-page apologies. The McCanns are using the funds to support their campaign to find Madeleine as well as to launch a program in Europe similar to the North American Amber Alert system used to find missing children.

The Hubbards, like the McCanns, believe Madeleine may well be alive, and they pray for her safe return. The Hubbards' faith in God is unwavering, though Susan Hubbard wonders "why our prayers haven't been answered."

"I don't understand that," she says. "I've seen the letters come into their home and their hands. How could so many people be praying for the exact same thing and it not happen? It's hard."

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id66.html

At time of Mr & Mrs documentary it was said one of the Hubbard kids was child used to "play" Madeleine.  Looking at the article here which one would that have been if true?  The article is from 2008. When was documentary couple years later?  If it was a Hubbard kid it would have to have been the son Caspian?

"This old woman grabbed me, and I was holding on to our five-month-old son, Caspian, and she grabbed my arm and spoke to me in Portuguese: 'Hold on to your baby; there's been an English child taken.'"

At first, Susan double-locked the doors and windows to keep their three children safe. Caspian has an older sister, Gabriela, 9, and brother, Sebastian, now 10. Soon, the family relaxed, and Haynes, too, saw this was the place they were meant to be.
Watching

Activity : 293

Back to top Go down

Post by Watching 21.04.14 10:34

lj wrote:
Monty Heck wrote:
lj wrote:
Newintown wrote:

How funny Monty, I just posted how he did it for his own glory. Thanks for some local info!

Absolutely, Mr & Mrs and the Hubbards, fed, and still feed off each other!  Wonder what Father Sneddon (Seddon?) thinks of it all!
Watching

Activity : 293

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.04.14 14:43

Watching wrote:Wonder what Father Sneddon (Seddon?) thinks of it all!

Fr Seddon. Is that the man of whom it was once said "the British priest staged evrything" or am I getting confused there? Was it somebody else?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sar 21.04.14 15:11

finally just watched video, does he say: NOT Verbatim [....this is her home] and [the last place she saw her daughter] gonna watch again
sar

Activity : 1680

Back to top Go down

Post by sar 21.04.14 15:17

okay, so just watched again...

More like:

[we are madeline's home]

[see the place where she last saw her daughter]

quite unusual comments IMO
sar

Activity : 1680

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.04.14 15:21

MILLIE wrote:

Fr Seddon. Is that the man of whom it was once said "the British priest staged evrything" or am I getting confused there? Was it somebody else?
If IIRC it was the Portuguese priest, Pacheco, who said that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.04.14 17:11

Châtelaine wrote:
MILLIE wrote:

Thanks Chatelaine. If that is the case, one has to wonder what it was exactly that was (allegedly) 'staged'. And for what reason would a priest turn up and be so inclined to 'stage' anything? If so, why? What possible difference could it make to him whether two people he once married were in a bit of a hotspot? Back to that old point of why so many people were in such a hurry to fly out to help.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 21.04.14 17:21

MILLIE wrote:
Châtelaine wrote:
MILLIE wrote:

Thanks Chatelaine. If that is the case, one has to wonder what it was exactly that was (allegedly) 'staged'. And for what reason would a priest turn up and be so inclined to 'stage' anything? If so, why? What possible difference could it make to him whether two people he once married were in a bit of a hotspot? Back to that old point of why so many people were in such a hurry to fly out to help.

This would be Father Seddon, who got a set of St. Andrews golf clubs as a present for marrying the McCanns.mver, very generous, considering he'd be paid for theservice anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.04.14 17:33

tigger wrote:
This would be Father Seddon, who got a set of St. Andrews golf clubs as a present for marrying the McCanns.mver, very generous, considering  he'd be paid for theservice anyway.

Blimey Tigger, I never bought my registrar a set of golf clubs!! Come to that I don't recall anyone taking his mobile phone number either.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 21.04.14 17:42

MILLIE wrote:
tigger wrote:
This would be Father Seddon, who got a set of St. Andrews golf clubs as a present for marrying the McCanns.mver, very generous, considering  he'd be paid for theservice anyway.

Blimey Tigger, I never bought my registrar a set of golf clubs!! Come to that I don't recall anyone taking his mobile phone number either.

Generous to a fault, that's Gerry!  big grin 
Information re golfclubs is from Fr. Seddon  himself.

See how stingy you are? Not even a walnut whip?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.04.14 17:47

tigger wrote:
MILLIE wrote:
tigger wrote:

Generous to a fault, that's Gerry!  big grin 
Information re golfclubs is from Fr. Seddon  himself.

See how  stingy you are? Not even a walnut whip?

That's me! Didn't even give mine a walnut  spit coffee
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top