The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

VIDEO added - Press conference today! 2.pm ITV ALSO Sky interview at 12 noon today - Page 3 Mm11

VIDEO added - Press conference today! 2.pm ITV ALSO Sky interview at 12 noon today - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

VIDEO added - Press conference today! 2.pm ITV ALSO Sky interview at 12 noon today - Page 3 Mm11

VIDEO added - Press conference today! 2.pm ITV ALSO Sky interview at 12 noon today - Page 3 Regist10

VIDEO added - Press conference today! 2.pm ITV ALSO Sky interview at 12 noon today

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

VIDEO added - Press conference today! 2.pm ITV ALSO Sky interview at 12 noon today - Page 3 Empty Re: VIDEO added - Press conference today! 2.pm ITV ALSO Sky interview at 12 noon today

Post by Guest 02.05.12 15:19

friedtomatoes wrote:Would they be given arguido status again if the case was reopened? If they were, I don't think they can refuse.

I couldn't hear any of the questions being asked, so will wait for the paper write ups.
That's an awesome, incendiary question, friedtomatoes. I've no idea.

But their friends weren't arguido were they, and I think had no legal reason not to return for the re-construction, even though most of them seemed to have used legal advice as their reasons for not returning.

I expect they'll all be happy to do it now if/when they're asked again. I can't think of any reason why they wouldn't be.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

VIDEO added - Press conference today! 2.pm ITV ALSO Sky interview at 12 noon today - Page 3 Empty Re: VIDEO added - Press conference today! 2.pm ITV ALSO Sky interview at 12 noon today

Post by espeland 02.05.12 15:20

Funny that GM doesn't mention one of the reasons why the investigation
was shelved is because his mates wouldn't go back to do the
re-construction. VIDEO added - Press conference today! 2.pm ITV ALSO Sky interview at 12 noon today - Page 3 172348

If the investigation is resumed I wonder if they have any intention of doing it next time they're asked.

That's why they want SY to arrange it with the AG - so that the reconstruction won't be included. Thats what they're hoping, anyway. I think it was Gerry who said that there was new evidence that supported abduction: if that is true, why hasn't it been forwarded to the AG?

espeland
espeland

Activity : 211

Back to top Go down

Post by friedtomatoes 02.05.12 15:38

tcat, the friends' reasons for not attending are all in the PJ files somewhere. I can't remember what excuses they all made, but I do remember there was quite a bit of correspondence between them and the police, and lawyers, and they just wanted too many reassurances re this that and the other. This, despite all of them saying would do anything to help.
friedtomatoes

Activity : 621

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02.05.12 15:58

espeland wrote:That's why they want SY to arrange it with the AG - so that the reconstruction won't be included. Thats what they're hoping, anyway. I think it was Gerry who said that there was new evidence that supported abduction: if that is true, why hasn't it been forwarded to the AG?
How can they ask the Portuguese to resume the investigation but then tell them what direction it can and cannot proceed in? Surely even GM couldn't get away with that?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02.05.12 16:02

friedtomatoes wrote:tcat, the friends' reasons for not attending are all in the PJ files somewhere. I can't remember what excuses they all made, but I do remember there was quite a bit of correspondence between them and the police, and lawyers, and they just wanted too many reassurances re this that and the other. This, despite all of them saying would do anything to help.

All here from PJ files and the letters of refusal from tapas 7

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t2228-the-cancelled-reconstruction?highlight=reconstruction+refused+by+tapas+7
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by espeland 02.05.12 16:12

espeland wrote:That's why they want SY to
arrange it with the AG - so that the reconstruction won't be included.
Thats what they're hoping, anyway. I think it was Gerry who said that
there was new evidence that supported abduction: if that is true, why
hasn't it been forwarded to the AG?
How can they
ask the Portuguese to resume the investigation but then tell them what
direction it can and cannot proceed in? Surely even GM couldn't get away
with that?

TM are working on the assumption that SY will want the investigation to be reopened to pursue the abduction theory and won't want anything else to be included that can obstruct that ie they won't accept the previous findings of the PJ being even a minor part of the new investigation. Where this is likely to go wrong for TM is that it is possible that SY may change their view and want to include what has been considered.

espeland
espeland

Back to top Go down

Post by friedtomatoes 02.05.12 16:14

Thanks Candyfloss.
friedtomatoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02.05.12 16:16

friedtomatoes wrote:tcat, the friends' reasons for not attending are all in the PJ files somewhere. I can't remember what excuses they all made, but I do remember there was quite a bit of correspondence between them and the police, and lawyers, and they just wanted too many reassurances re this that and the other. This, despite all of them saying would do anything to help.
I was reading the correspondence last night and the friends repeatedly asked for reasons why the re-construction was required (how could it possibly be of any help in finding Madeleine? they asked), and when the Portuguese gave them a deadline to say whether or not they intended doing it the friends either said they'd been advised not to for legal reasons or said there's no point me doing it because I've been told the others won't be doing it. The Portuguese must have been really frustrated with all these shenanigans (to say the least)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02.05.12 16:21

candyfloss wrote:All here from PJ files and the letters of refusal from tapas 7

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t2228-the-cancelled-reconstruction?highlight=reconstruction+refused+by+tapas+7
I was reading them last night. Brilliant site and depository of information you have here. I think your great diligence will be rewarded - the truth in the case will break one day I'm sure VIDEO added - Press conference today! 2.pm ITV ALSO Sky interview at 12 noon today - Page 3 302873
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02.05.12 16:55

espeland wrote:TM are working on the assumption that SY will want the investigation to be reopened to pursue the abduction theory and won't want anything else to be included that can obstruct that ie they won't accept the previous findings of the PJ being even a minor part of the new investigation. Where this is likely to go wrong for TM is that it is possible that SY may change their view and want to include what has been considered.
Thanks espeland. I don't know how they hope to ask anybody to investigate an abduction without the window of opportunity being measured accurately (not a pun)

Even if they just do a re-construction with actors, they surely have to do one.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by espeland 02.05.12 17:14

espeland wrote:TM are working on the
assumption that SY will want the investigation to be reopened to pursue
the abduction theory and won't want anything else to be included that
can obstruct that ie they won't accept the previous findings of the PJ
being even a minor part of the new investigation. Where this is likely
to go wrong for TM is that it is possible that SY may change their view
and want to include what has been considered.
Thanks
espeland. I don't know how they hope to ask anybody to investigate an
abduction without the window of opportunity being measured accurately
(not a pun)

Yes, but if they do a reconstruction based on SY's timings then the results will not in any way match the timings we all know. As I said, SY's thinking could easily change (from eg an abduction involving a stranger to one involving a friiend/relative. And then there's always the case of the parents being involved in the disappearance).

espeland
espeland

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 02.05.12 17:16

tcat wrote:
espeland wrote:TM are working on the assumption that SY will want the investigation to be reopened to pursue the abduction theory and won't want anything else to be included that can obstruct that ie they won't accept the previous findings of the PJ being even a minor part of the new investigation. Where this is likely to go wrong for TM is that it is possible that SY may change their view and want to include what has been considered.
Thanks espeland. I don't know how they hope to ask anybody to investigate an abduction without the window of opportunity being measured accurately (not a pun)

Maybe the PJ have done their own reconstruction using police officers, and they know none of it makes sense. They could have easily used people to show where Gerry McCann and Wilkins were standing talking together when Jane Tanner walked by, also using a stand in holding a 3-year old in pyjamas and walking along the top of the road at 9.15 p.m. to ascertain who would see who or the "abductor". I can't imagine they haven't done one themselves.

I doubt they would advertise the fact to all and sundry if they were doing one.

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 02.05.12 17:40

quote from espeland
Yes, but if they do a reconstruction based on SY's timings then the results will not in any way match the timings we all know. As I said, SY's thinking could easily change (from eg an abduction involving a stranger to one involving a friiend/relative. And then there's always the case of the parents being involved in the disappearance).

SY are reviewing the PJ files, only timings there are the ones from tapas statements.... can you please explain how you think SY have come up with a different timeline? Do you think SY have interviewed the tapas group? I am very confused!

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02.05.12 17:49

Newintown wrote:Maybe the PJ have done their own reconstruction using police officers, and they know none of it makes sense. They could have easily used people to show where Gerry McCann and Wilkins were standing talking together when Jane Tanner walked by, also using a stand in holding a 3-year old in pyjamas and walking along the top of the road at 9.15 p.m. to ascertain who would see who or the "abductor". I can't imagine they haven't done one themselves.

I doubt they would advertise the fact to all and sundry if they were doing one.
True, Newintown. You're right of course VIDEO added - Press conference today! 2.pm ITV ALSO Sky interview at 12 noon today - Page 3 847771 I'm guilty of Columbo-like thinking, somehow hoping that if the Tapas group were actually there doing it and their timings were shown to be ridiculous, one of them might start telling something like the truth. Everything was an awful lot easier for Columbo of course.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02.05.12 19:33

A snippet of the press conference .................................

http://news.itnsource.com/?cat=Other

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by espeland 02.05.12 19:47

SY are reviewing the PJ files, only timings there are the ones from
tapas statements.... can you please explain how you think SY have come
up with a different timeline? Do you think SY have interviewed the tapas
group? I am very confused!

I don't know who they've talked to, of course.

espeland
espeland

Back to top Go down

Post by friedtomatoes 02.05.12 21:12

Oh well, same sh** year 5, nothings changed. Nite all.
friedtomatoes

Back to top Go down

Post by HiDeHo 02.05.12 23:10

Is there a video of the press conference available?

I managed to record and convert it but it took too long to download and I needed to go out, but its ready now if someone didn't beat me to it.
HiDeHo
HiDeHo
Researcher

Activity : 5076

http://forum2.aimoo.com/MadeleineMcCann

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02.05.12 23:15

Yes please HiDeHo, Can't find it anywhere. Want to see something again.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by HiDeHo 02.05.12 23:19

Ohh wonderful!

Unfortunately just before the quesstions the stream froze on me, so I needed to refresh, but unfortunately that meant the Expat Shield videos came on another tab and I couldnt shut them up...but its just for a few mins.

I will upload to Youtube right now..Probably about 15 mins before its processed.
HiDeHo
HiDeHo
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by HiDeHo 02.05.12 23:36

I tried to increase the audio for the questions but didn't have time to check so hopefully its not too irritating.

Sorry for the tchnical difficulties.

Kate & Gerry McCann ITN Press Conference May 2nd 2012

Added to OP
HiDeHo
HiDeHo
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02.05.12 23:54

The audio is miles better than when I listened to it live. Great work VIDEO added - Press conference today! 2.pm ITV ALSO Sky interview at 12 noon today - Page 3 847771
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 02.05.12 23:56

espeland wrote:
SY are reviewing the PJ files, only timings there are the ones from
tapas statements.... can you please explain how you think SY have come
up with a different timeline? Do you think SY have interviewed the tapas
group? I am very confused!

I don't know who they've talked to, of course.

SY wouldn't have talked to anyone, it's a review, meaning they are only going through all the papers they have and which the PJ have already gone through in great detail. The review doesn't cover anyone being re-interviewed etc.

The only way the process will be "reopened " is by the McCanns asking for it to be re-opened or new evidence coming to light, which is highly unlikely on both accounts as it will open a can of worms, so at the moment it's like a game of chess, the PJ know who is to blame and won't make a move and the people carrying the blame know the PJ know and they're not going to make a move, so who is going to move first??

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.05.12 0:01

Thank you HiDeHo, you are brilliant roses
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by HiDeHo 03.05.12 0:07

Was late for work! (Good job I choose my own hours!)

I'm just uploading the Sky video...Have I missed any others while I have been doing my hard days work?
HiDeHo
HiDeHo
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top