The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012 - Page 9 Mm11

Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012 - Page 9 Regist10

Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012

Page 9 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012 - Page 9 Empty Re: Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012

Post by uppatoffee on 24.04.12 20:50

Are our friends at Carter Ruck going to have anything to say to the BBC about using the term "Mystery" in relation to Madeleine McCann?!
uppatoffee
uppatoffee

Posts : 626
Activity : 645
Likes received : 3
Join date : 2011-09-14

Back to top Go down

Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012 - Page 9 Empty Re: Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012

Post by friedtomatoes on 24.04.12 20:55

The suspense is killing me. What will Panorama come up with? The Met have had near enough 30 detectives on the case for just short of a year. I did hear on the grapevine about 6 weeks ago their conclusions would be drawn ahead of the fifth anniversary. Fingers crossed for some solid result. The Mccanns and their family must be crying out for closure of some sort after all this time. I do believe the tv sofa circuit has come to an end.

____________________

avatar
friedtomatoes

Posts : 591
Activity : 621
Likes received : 0
Join date : 2012-04-24

Back to top Go down

Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012 - Page 9 Empty Re: Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012

Post by Guest on 24.04.12 21:07

Here's the clip from Panorama that was on the news........



At 2.10 "And of course we are here to bring closure to the family"
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012 - Page 9 Empty Re: Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012

Post by Nina on 24.04.12 21:11

candyfloss wrote:Here's the clip from Panorama that was on the news........



At 2.10 "And of course we are here to bring closure to the family"

I am still going with the family to mean the whole family, he didn't say the parents or Kate and Gerry nah

____________________
Not one more cent from me.
Nina
Nina

Posts : 2861
Activity : 3217
Likes received : 344
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 77

Back to top Go down

Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012 - Page 9 Empty Re: Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012

Post by auntiefi on 24.04.12 21:18

I really don't like the phrase 'closure for the family' slipped in at the end there. Sounds like a 'get the public and police off their back', also the clip of Amaral isnt great, and the 'where portugese have failed' - they would have nothing to have failed at had these two British idiots either not gone out boozing leaving their kids or killed/found their daughter dead and concealed her body - take your pick on that one!
got a feeling this programme is going to make me super angry!
avatar
auntiefi

Posts : 17
Activity : 17
Likes received : 0
Join date : 2012-03-18

Back to top Go down

Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012 - Page 9 Empty Re: Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012

Post by tuom on 24.04.12 21:25

candyfloss wrote:Here's the clip from Panorama that was on the news........



At 2.10 "And of course we are here to bring closure to the family"


This is a review , this is a review , I have to keep telling myself that , a half hour programme is not going to solve this , Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012 - Page 9 3139096799
tuom
tuom

Posts : 531
Activity : 583
Likes received : 2
Join date : 2012-03-20

Back to top Go down

Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012 - Page 9 Empty Re: Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012

Post by nomendelta on 24.04.12 21:36

"closure to the family" troubles me. Surely it is not even remotely in their remit. Reviewing the evidence and establishing, as much as possible, the truth as to what happened to Maddie is surely the ONLY remit. If that happens to bring closure to the family - rather than prosecution! - then that would be a happy side effect for the family but not the absolute remit.
avatar
nomendelta

Posts : 341
Activity : 393
Likes received : 52
Join date : 2011-05-20

Back to top Go down

Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012 - Page 9 Empty Re: Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012

Post by Guest on 24.04.12 21:40

@nomendelta wrote:"closure to the family" troubles me. Surely it is not even remotely in their remit. Reviewing the evidence and establishing, as much as possible, the truth as to what happened to Maddie is surely the ONLY remit. If that happens to bring closure to the family - rather than prosecution! - then that would be a happy side effect for the family but not the absolute remit.

But how can they bring closure unless Madeleine is found. Do they have some information as to where she is, because if they come to the conclusion that she was abducted and the McCanns are not in any way involved, how on earth can that be closure. Madeleine would still be missing and it would still be an unsolved case.
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012 - Page 9 Empty Re: Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012

Post by justme3 on 24.04.12 21:46

The former home secretary Alan Johnson, who was also interviewed for the programme, which airs tonight, called on Cameron to launch a "charm offensive" on the Portuguese government to help boost the McCanns' profile and get further co-operation from the country's police. "A bit of diplomacy can ensure that you do get the co-operation you need," he said.



http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/apr/24/madeleine-mccann-andy-redwood?newsfeed=true
avatar
justme3

Posts : 154
Activity : 178
Likes received : 0
Join date : 2012-02-09

Back to top Go down

Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012 - Page 9 Empty Re: Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012

Post by bristow on 24.04.12 21:53

@auntiefi wrote:, also the clip of Amaral isnt great, and the 'where portugese have failed' -

Yes the Portugese failing comment troubled me too.
bristow
bristow

Posts : 823
Activity : 1007
Likes received : 8
Join date : 2011-11-24

Back to top Go down

Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012 - Page 9 Empty Re: Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012

Post by friedtomatoes on 24.04.12 21:56

candyfloss wrote:
@nomendelta wrote:"closure to the family" troubles me. Surely it is not even remotely in their remit. Reviewing the evidence and establishing, as much as possible, the truth as to what happened to Maddie is surely the ONLY remit. If that happens to bring closure to the family - rather than prosecution! - then that would be a happy side effect for the family but not the absolute remit.

But how can they bring closure unless Madeleine is found. Do they have some information as to where she is, because if they come to the conclusion that she was abducted and the McCanns are not in any way involved, how on earth can that be closure. Madeleine would still be missing and it would still be an unsolved case.

Only if the Met decide she was taken by paedos and killed maybe. The cadaver scent found in the apartment though will be a major stumbling block.

____________________

avatar
friedtomatoes

Posts : 591
Activity : 621
Likes received : 0
Join date : 2012-04-24

Back to top Go down

Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012 - Page 9 Empty Re: Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012

Post by mrscee on 24.04.12 22:06

@nomendelta wrote:"closure to the family" troubles me. Surely it is not even remotely in their remit. Reviewing the evidence and establishing, as much as possible, the truth as to what happened to Maddie is surely the ONLY remit. If that happens to bring closure to the family - rather than prosecution! - then that would be a happy side effect for the family but not the absolute remit.

I agree this is troubling to me also. Closure should naturally follow from the truth but the fact the truth is not referred to directly is odd. Also I have seen mentioned some place (bbc?)how DI Redwood is well placed to 'explain Madeleine's disappearance'
This is a peculiarly benign turn of phrase and makes me wonder if they may even begin to look for alternative scenarios including 'wandering off' as opposed to either abduction or death and cover up. Oh well we shall see.

____________________
'..that one may smile and smile and be a villain..'
avatar
mrscee

Posts : 50
Activity : 54
Likes received : 0
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012 - Page 9 Empty Re: Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012

Post by nomendelta on 24.04.12 22:21

Well the BBC is very sensitive to complaints so I am sure, given the comments on the Radio Times forum, that if this show isn't seen to be impartial and at least showing that abduction is not the only theory - and is indeed the least likely theory - then there will be a siginificant number of complaints.
avatar
nomendelta

Posts : 341
Activity : 393
Likes received : 52
Join date : 2011-05-20

Back to top Go down

Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012 - Page 9 Empty Re: Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012

Post by friedtomatoes on 24.04.12 22:28

Just seen Andy Redwood on the news and have no idea what to make of it. Fingers crossed it is not a witewash. They just cannot get away with one and I do not think it will happen if the parents are suspect. The Met cannot afford to lie in this.
avatar
friedtomatoes

Posts : 591
Activity : 621
Likes received : 0
Join date : 2012-04-24

Back to top Go down

Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012 - Page 9 Empty Re: Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012

Post by Guest on 24.04.12 22:29

Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012 - Page 9 Tb10

Tony Bennett outside Belgravia Police Station on Goncalo Amaral Day 2011 (2 October), handing in a large dossier to the Scotland Yard Madeleine McCann Review Team, dealing with an in-depth analysis of the extraordinary story of the McCann Team's private investigatons, beginning with their appointment of corrupt top cop and drugs thief Antonio Giminiz Raso of Metodo 3 as their lead investigator (now in prison), continuing with the appointment of serial con-man and fraudster Kevin Halligen (also now in prison), and ending up with the appointment of Dave-the-abductor-could-have-been-a-woman-Edgar, of the phantom company Alpha Investigations Group.
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012 - Page 9 Empty Re: Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012

Post by russiandoll on 24.04.12 22:29

looked again at the clip.
At no time does Redwood speak of finding Maddie, he talks only of the ultimate goal being solving the case. So the written report of this conversation is innaccurate unless he says he has the best opportunity to find Maddie elsewhere in the programme.
He hopes he can make a difference, sounds to me like review has some way to go.
Bilton, not the police, unless not shown in this particular snippet, talks of Portuguese police failure.
I would be very surprised if he did not mention Maddies family at some stage and I cannot think of anything he could say apart from being able to draw a line. The family will have to admit at some time that the police have done all they can, a review cannot go on indefinitely.

I think he is bring partial, balanced and although I am not a police officer, this man is answerable to those above him in the chain of command. He will have to show reasons for his inactions and actions on certain issues and why he follows one line of inquiry rather than another. It is more than his job is worth to do anything other than start at the beginning........is there evidence that this abduction report is credible?
He is keeping things close to his chest, he will not be discussing anything operational I am sure.
He is hoping to solve the case of a missing child. He never once uses the a word.
And note Bilton's intro.....
the parents SAY that when they went to check on her she was gone....[sloppy and inaccurate, they didnt discover her gone, Kate did, didnt she?] not even Bilton states this as fact, though.


____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Activity : 4058
Likes received : 15
Join date : 2011-09-11

Back to top Go down

Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012 - Page 9 Empty Re: Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012

Post by tuom on 24.04.12 22:32

@mrscee wrote:
@nomendelta wrote:"closure to the family" troubles me. Surely it is not even remotely in their remit. Reviewing the evidence and establishing, as much as possible, the truth as to what happened to Maddie is surely the ONLY remit. If that happens to bring closure to the family - rather than prosecution! - then that would be a happy side effect for the family but not the absolute remit.

I agree this is troubling to me also. Closure should naturally follow from the truth but the fact the truth is not referred to directly is odd. Also I have seen mentioned some place (bbc?)how DI Redwood is well placed to 'explain Madeleine's disappearance'
This is a peculiarly benign turn of phrase and makes me wonder if they may even begin to look for alternative scenarios including 'wandering off' as opposed to either abduction or death and cover up. Oh well we shall see.



This is troubling and as you say we will shall see , however one cannot help but have a gut negative feeling about this , is this a way of stopping the circus and we all go away , including the MCT and "build a bridge and move on " poor Madeleine , what closure is there for her ?Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012 - Page 9 1715745517
tuom
tuom

Posts : 531
Activity : 583
Likes received : 2
Join date : 2012-03-20

Back to top Go down

Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012 - Page 9 Empty Re: Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012

Post by Guest on 24.04.12 22:33

Tomorrows Express front page from Nick Sutton ....

Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012 - Page 9 ArRpQ-ICIAIrBuq

http://twitter.com/#!/suttonnick/status/194896424150900738/photo/1


We have evidence wow

Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012 - Page 9 Empty Re: Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012

Post by russiandoll on 24.04.12 22:35

You beat me to it Candyfloss.
now it changes from there might be something in the jigsaw....
to there IS evidence....

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Activity : 4058
Likes received : 15
Join date : 2011-09-11

Back to top Go down

Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012 - Page 9 Empty Re: Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012

Post by russiandoll on 24.04.12 22:36

actually on re reading it is the same as posted earlier......they do have evidence.
and something there may solve the mystery.

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Activity : 4058
Likes received : 15
Join date : 2011-09-11

Back to top Go down

Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012 - Page 9 Empty Re: Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012

Post by friedtomatoes on 24.04.12 22:42

Good night all....... lets watch Panorama tomorrow and see what is what!
avatar
friedtomatoes

Posts : 591
Activity : 621
Likes received : 0
Join date : 2012-04-24

Back to top Go down

Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012 - Page 9 Empty Re: Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012

Post by tuom on 24.04.12 22:45

@russiandoll wrote:You beat me to it Candyfloss.
now it changes from there might be something in the jigsaw....
to there IS evidence....



Would it be possible to set up a thread here , a sort of live commentry for those of you who will see the programme tomorrow night to benefit those who will not see it until next week ? Patience was never my strong point !!!!
tuom
tuom

Posts : 531
Activity : 583
Likes received : 2
Join date : 2012-03-20

Back to top Go down

Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012 - Page 9 Empty Re: Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012

Post by Guest on 24.04.12 22:46

@tuom wrote:
@russiandoll wrote:You beat me to it Candyfloss.
now it changes from there might be something in the jigsaw....
to there IS evidence....



Would it be possible to set up a thread here , a sort of live commentry for those of you who will see the programme tomorrow night to benefit those who will not see it until next week ? Patience was never my strong point !!!!

Yes, will definitely do that tuom thumbsup
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012 - Page 9 Empty Re: Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012

Post by tuom on 24.04.12 22:49

[quote="candyfloss"]
@tuom wrote:
@russiandoll wrote:You beat me to it Candyfloss.
now it changes from there might be something in the jigsaw....
to there IS evidence....



Would it be possible to set up a thread here , a sort of live commentry for those of you who will see the programme tomorrow night to benefit those who will not see it until next week ? Patience was never my strong point !!!!

Yes, will definitely do that tuom Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012 - Page 9 636506 [/quote



Thank You and Good Night.......... little thing called work gets in the way !!!! Sleep well all
tuom
tuom

Posts : 531
Activity : 583
Likes received : 2
Join date : 2012-03-20

Back to top Go down

Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012 - Page 9 Empty Re: Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012

Post by Guest on 24.04.12 22:50

candyfloss wrote:Tomorrows Express front page from Nick Sutton ....

Madeleine: The Last Hope? - Panorama UPDATED 7.30 25th April (only certain areas) and 8.30 pm Mon 30th April 2012 - Page 9 ArRpQ-ICIAIrBuq

http://twitter.com/#!/suttonnick/status/194896424150900738/photo/1


We have evidence wow


Okay, all you budding Poirots out there, big grin what evidence could they have?
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum