The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

PM promises to look into Katrice Lee case  - Page 2 Mm11

PM promises to look into Katrice Lee case  - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

PM promises to look into Katrice Lee case  - Page 2 Mm11

PM promises to look into Katrice Lee case  - Page 2 Regist10

PM promises to look into Katrice Lee case

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

PM promises to look into Katrice Lee case  - Page 2 Empty Re: PM promises to look into Katrice Lee case

Post by Newintown 17.06.13 21:07

sheila.edwards wrote:on this morning clip
They stated maddy WAS a stranger abduction abroad! if pm going to help this family now as well that shows hes not being unfair and presumably missing people are still helping them all as well.

As usual Sheila your post is not very clear. Who actually said that "Maddy was a stranger abduction abroad" on the "This Morning" interview, was it when the newspaper headlines were being discussed in view of the Katrice Lee case?

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

PM promises to look into Katrice Lee case  - Page 2 Empty Re: PM promises to look into Katrice Lee case

Post by sharonl 17.06.13 21:08

suzyjohnson wrote:Out of interest. Aside from Katrice Lee, Madeleine McCann and Ben Needham, does anyone know of any other British children who have disappeared abroad and never been found?

I would like to think that the ICMEC, PACT or Missing people charities should be able to provide us with a long list of children who have gone missing abroad.

Failing that, there is the national centre for genuinely missing children http://www.ncmec.eu/page.php?Id=18
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11173

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 17.06.13 21:34

sharonl wrote:
suzyjohnson wrote:Out of interest. Aside from Katrice Lee, Madeleine McCann and Ben Needham, does anyone know of any other British children who have disappeared abroad and never been found?

I would like to think that the ICMEC, PACT or Missing people charities should be able to provide us with a long list of children who have gone missing abroad.

Failing that, there is the national centre for genuinely missing children  http://www.ncmec.eu/page.php?Id=18

The 3 charities you list,ICMEC, PACT or Missing people only seem to be interested in the monies they receive in, not actually doing anything substantial to find "missing" people with the money they get.

Obviously the McCanns took a leaf out the charities above and started their own "missing person" charity i.e.the Find Madeleine "Fund" in that same vein i.e. you can take in a lot of money on the pretence of searching for missing people i.e. Madeleine, but in fact you don't really have to do any real searching as the general public who contributed so much don't really know that, or won't query it.

With regard to the "Missing People" charity it would be good to know how many streets K.McCann has walked down searching for missing people or how many soup kitchens she's visited to see how many missing people are on the list of "the missing people" she is supposed to be helping.

Hello Kate, how are your feet these days pounding all those streets looking for missing people, have you found any one missing person yet?   Please let us know if so.

ETA: I fogot to ask Kate McCann is she knows what a soup kitchen is.  If she is really serious about helping "Missing People" I suggest she gets off her arse and does some real work like visiting soup kitchens around the UK trying to find missing people who may be homeless; I will then think she is serious about being an Ambassador for "Missing People" instead of a figurehead who is afraid of getting her hands dirty.

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by sheila.edwards 17.06.13 21:47

Sorry all I am busy at mo. just watched the katrice clip and quickly wanted to comment. Meant I was shocked to hear the Chief executive of Missing People charity stating on this morning for all to hear "Maddy WAS A STRANGER ABDUCTION ABROAD." I don't think that should be allowed Who told him that is what I wondered ! know they have social workers working with them ? do they work closely with police. I thought  maddy missing was still a mystery and case still being reviewed. That was not mentioned at all. Everyone to their own opinion as far as im concerned. To me there is no evidence ive seen to accept  that is a fact as was stated as a fact. I do think its nice to see other families being helped though.hope clearer now,don't wish to confuse anyone and will put more effort into postings
sheila.edwards

Activity : 212

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores 17.06.13 21:51

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:
suzyjohnson wrote:Fair comment NFWTD.

It was thirty years ago though, maybe we weren't old enough to notice the news so much at the time? And there was no Crimewatch, internet.
Different times I suppose.
Sadly I can't say that I was too young to notice - I have a son who was 3 when Katrice disappeared!

I may be wrong but I simply don't remember there being any coverage at the time.

Nor me. My children are now 34 and 32 so much the same age as Katrice and I don't remember a word about it.
I do remember some coverage of Ben Needham at the time, but absolutely nothing like the McCanns - within  less than 24 hours the press was screaming about an abducution.
Miraflores
Miraflores

Activity : 856

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 18.06.13 15:55

Newintown wrote:
sharonl wrote:

Failing that, there is the national centre for genuinely missing children  http://www.ncmec.eu/page.php?Id=18

The 3 charities you list,ICMEC, PACT or Missing people only seem to be interested in the monies they receive in, not actually doing anything substantial to find "missing" people with the money they get.

Obviously the McCanns took a leaf out the charities above and started their own "missing person" charity i.e.the Find Madeleine "Fund" in that same vein i.e. you can take in a lot of money on the pretence of searching for missing people i.e. Madeleine, but in fact you don't really have to do any real searching as the general public who contributed so much don't really know that, or won't query it.

With regard to the "Missing People" charity it would be good to know how many streets K.McCann has walked down searching for missing people or how many soup kitchens she's visited to see how many missing people are on the list of "the missing people" she is supposed to be helping.

Hello Kate, how are your feet these days pounding all those streets looking for missing people, have you found any one missing person yet?   Please let us know if so.

ETA: I fogot to ask Kate McCann is she knows what a soup kitchen is.  If she is really serious about helping "Missing People" I suggest she gets off her arse and does some real work like visiting soup kitchens around the UK trying to find missing people who may be homeless; I will then think she is serious about being an Ambassador for "Missing People" instead of a figurehead who is afraid of getting her hands dirty.

Good post. The organizations mentioned seem to me to do very little actual hands on and sleeves rolled up, type of work with the homeless, the destitute and genuinely missing people. Might get their suits mucky. And yes what exactly has Kate McCann done, really done? She didn't look for her own child to the point of exhaustion so wouldn't think for one moment she would look for a stranger. But bet she just loves the title.

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by sheila.edwards 19.06.13 12:09

Well I wouldent want that chief executive of missing people being involved if god forbid child missing. it should be police looking 1st and what statements like he made on this morning clip ?a matter for police as far as im concerned. who is he helping ! came across as an official statement that maddy was a stranger abduction abroad missing child not just missing which I think is all he should be allowed to say to public on a tv show in that position. !
sheila.edwards

Back to top Go down

Post by sheila.edwards 22.06.13 23:54

I looked up missing people charity, they work in partnership with police and are a source of database for  them for these vulnerable  missing people apparently. so maybe what the chief executive says in the this morning video clip IS latest facts hes been given by SY.This should be monitored closely I think as they also work closely with social services and lots of volunteers in charity all checked one would assume, if privey to info. from police /social services so links with very vulnerable missing people. that is all I think he should have been allowed to say.
sheila.edwards

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 23.06.13 8:11

sheila.edwards wrote:I looked up missing people charity, they work in partnership with police and are a source of database for  them for these vulnerable  missing people apparently. so maybe what the chief executive says in the this morning video clip IS latest facts hes been given by SY.This should be monitored closely I think as they also work closely with social services and lots of volunteers in charity all checked one would assume, if privey to info. from police /social services so links with very vulnerable missing people. that is all I think he should have been allowed to say.

Where does this 'partnership' word come from?

Is it the latest charity buzzword?

You'll find a lot of logos on charity websites claiming 'partnership' with companies who in fact are only suppliers or companies who hold charity fund raising events.

I cannot for the life of me fathom out why ACPO and ACPOS allow their logos to be used on the Missing People's website. It is endorsing a charity and is suggesting that this charity above all other missing people charities is the one to trust and the one police work 'in partnership' with. Do police work in partnership? I would like to think that especially for missing children the police work in partnership with no-one other than relevant law enforcement/social services agencies. I'd like to think that it is the clear duty of any charity to report information to the police and to support the investigation of a missing child in this way. No need for a special partnership in that respect is there?

Issues such as lobbying for awareness campaigns are political and should be taken up with politicians. I don't see a political party endorsing Missing People with their logo do you?

My post is simplistic I know but it raises the question of why do the UK Police Services and CEOP warm to this particular charity enough to allow themselves to be claimed as 'partners'. Is the tail wagging the dog?

There is also the other big question of claims made that thousands of children go missing each year in UK. Have the UK police services or the UK government ever confirmed those figures? Is there a breakdown of those figures?

I'm editing to add that Missing Kids might like to update their website because according to them the three most high profile missing children are as follows:

Madeleine missing from: Overseas
Ben Needham missing from: Unknown
Katrice Lee missing from: Unknown

Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 23.06.13 8:26

"Partnership" is a compulsory buzzword for the police. Listen to any press conference and you will hear "in partnership with other agencies" repeated several times. You have to say it at least three times during a Promotion Board interview to stand any chance of getting through.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 23.06.13 8:31

PeterMac wrote:"Partnership" is a compulsory buzzword for the police. Listen to any press conference and you will hear "in partnership with other agencies" repeated several times. You have to say it at least three times during a Promotion Board interview to stand any chance of getting through.

I can well believe that PeterMac.

Missing People on their home page don't even declare they are in partnership with ACPO ACPOS and CEOP, they declare them as OUR PARTNERS!

Howdy pardner.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23.06.13 8:51

A right load of cowboys indeed!

high5
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 23.06.13 10:19

I wonder if Kate will have a look at the Missing Kids entry for her own daughter and ask them to alter the content - not that the content means anything - it's just an outdated photograph and the following info

Current age: 10
Reported missing: 03 May 2007
Missing from: Overseas

http://www.missingkids.co.uk/missing/

The Missing Kids logo in the update section of findmadeleine.com is about the same size as the entry on Missing Kids for Kate's daughter.

Keep donating.

ETA: Here is the full info on Missing People for Madeleine

http://www.missingkids.co.uk/07-008774
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23.06.13 11:38

I had forgotten about the disapperence of Katrice Lee, to refresh my memory I did a search for information on her, interestingly I came across this

Family of abducted toddler hope adult image brings breakthrough 26 years on
Charity creates new picture of girl parents believe was taken to order in Germany
The Guardian, Friday 4 January 2008

Extract

The case sometimes briefly attracts attention when another child goes missing. The Lees are struck by the similarities between Katrice's disappearance and the mystery of what happened to Madeleine McCann.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2008/jan/04/ukcrime.children

I wonder if KM ever read about Katrice's disapperence?

Katrice Lee profile
http://www.411gina.org/katricelee.htm

Is this all KM does, have a photo taken?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2249350/Katrice-Lee-hoax-Woman-claimed-exposed-fantasist.html

Wonder if KM will show her face?
http://www.wave105.com/news/local/gosport-mum-to-speak-at-missing-persons-conference/
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top