The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Police are investigating reported sighting of Madeleine McCann in Nerja - Page 4 Mm11

Police are investigating reported sighting of Madeleine McCann in Nerja - Page 4 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Police are investigating reported sighting of Madeleine McCann in Nerja - Page 4 Mm11

Police are investigating reported sighting of Madeleine McCann in Nerja - Page 4 Regist10

Police are investigating reported sighting of Madeleine McCann in Nerja

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Police are investigating reported sighting of Madeleine McCann in Nerja - Page 4 Empty Re: Police are investigating reported sighting of Madeleine McCann in Nerja

Post by Liz Eagles 20.04.12 21:51

Isn't Sousa a Portuguese name?
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Police are investigating reported sighting of Madeleine McCann in Nerja - Page 4 Empty Re: Police are investigating reported sighting of Madeleine McCann in Nerja

Post by Badboys 20.04.12 21:54

aquila wrote:Isn't Sousa a Portuguese name?

It is indeed a portuguese surname,among top ten i think
Badboys

Activity : 69

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 20.04.12 21:58

Badboys wrote:
aquila wrote:Isn't Sousa a Portuguese name?

It is indeed a portuguese surname,among top ten i think

a Brit with a Portuguese surname on holiday in the costas of Spain spots Madeleine......
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTruthWillOut 20.04.12 22:18

After a bit of goggling, I think Sousa is his middle name. The Daily Star seem to have omitted his actual surname for some reason...........
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Activity : 754

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 20.04.12 22:41

TheTruthWillOut wrote:After a bit of goggling, I think Sousa is his middle name. The Daily Star seem to have omitted his actual surname for some reason...........

Possibly Billy Sousa Hughes from Waterlooville
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11175

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.04.12 22:47

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surname#Spanish-speaking_countries

It is customary for people to have two surnames, one from each parent.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 20.04.12 23:01

Here is a pic of Billy Sousa

[img]Police are investigating reported sighting of Madeleine McCann in Nerja - Page 4 Billy10[/img]

Is this the same Billy Sousa?

He seems to be some sort of Media student

http://billysousahughesasmedia.blogspot.co.uk/

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002840390695

sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Ribisl 20.04.12 23:03

Jean wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surname#Spanish-speaking_countries

Yes, but if he is half Portuguese half British or American, then Sousa would be his mother's name.
Sharonl where did you find 'Billy Sousa Hughes from Waterlooville' and who is he?

Activity : 858

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 20.04.12 23:12

Ribisl wrote:
Jean wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surname#Spanish-speaking_countries

Yes, but if he is half Portuguese half British or American, then Sousa would be his mother's name.
Sharonl where did you find 'Billy Sousa Hughes from Waterlooville' and who is he?

See my post above - I think we posted at the same time

He is somehow connected to media - a student perhaps
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 21.04.12 3:44

He added: “I couldn’t take my eyes off her. She looked like all the pictures I’ve seen of her. The man she was with looked like he was fairly poor, not a drifter but not a rich man.

How can a 8-year still look exactly like her old pictures when she was 3 year old. A child changes quite considerably between 4-9, at least hair and teeth features would be completely different.

What would be interesting to know is: did this Billy Souza approach the Press? Motive? Money?
Or is he a fictional character of certain people's imagination?

And what would be of more interest is how did the press learn of his story?

People are not wrong to be skeptical and put this down to another leh-ja-vu scripted by the team who like to do their thing thing

Why did the Yard say something about these false stories in the tabloid? Hopefully the Sr UK Investigator purpose of the BBC interview is to use the opportunity to deflect the sighting.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 21.04.12 6:24

The 'age progressed' picture isn't as well known as the iconic one of a 2.5 year old girl.

I think a lot of people are still looking for that face - which never existed in the first place.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ribisl 21.04.12 9:39

I am afraid I am totally sceptical about this Billy Sousa Hughes. Cheap publicity stunt, jumping on the bandwagon by a self-interested individual imv. nah

Activity : 858

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 21.04.12 10:00

Ribisl wrote:I am afraid I am totally sceptical about this Billy Sousa Hughes. Cheap publicity stunt, jumping on the bandwagon by a self-interested individual imv. nah

Just had a quick look at Billy's links. His work isn't bad for a 12 year old, but as 1st year work, it's thin to put it kindly.

Olive Press and Billy have no connection? OP has run with two very similar stories, the one earlier this year and now this one.
When is the bandwagon going to grind to a halt?

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 21.04.12 10:29

The Olas bar is on the Burriana beach, a small strip of beach on the eastern edge of the main resort of Nerja. It can only be approached by one road, down from the main road and I am sure there isn't a bus, we have only approached by car. There used to be a cliff approach from the small beach by the Balcon Europa in the main town of Nerja but that has been closed for a few years due to land slides.
Nerja isn't imo a resort for a group of young lads, the western side of Malaga is more their place with miles of beaches with all the attractions such beaches offer and night life that ends at breakfast time. Nerja has small beaches, some very nice restaurants, though there are the whatever and chips type of place. So was this chap visiting someone as I just cannot see a young fellow and his mates booking a holiday in Nerja, unless he wanted to not do very much.

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by Ross 21.04.12 13:33

To save everybody time here is a handy cut out 'n keep Maddie sighting report.

Tragic / brave / heart-broken* parents Kate and Gerry McCann were boosted last night after reports that an 18 year old student / 29 year old holidaymaker / 47 year old ex-pat* is convinced they saw missing / abducted / kidnapped* Madeleine™ in Malaga / Marrakesh / Mombassa* last week / last month / last year*.

"It was definitely her" said the student / holidaymaker / ex-pat* tearfully last night. "She was with a foreign / swarthy / gypsy* man who was smartly dressed / scruffily dressed / dressed like a foreigner* and they just didn't look right together. I immediately recognised her from the picture on front of the book, which is available in all good bookshops, and soon out in paperback."

The student / holidaymaker / ex-pat* was so shocked at the sighting that they literally trembled and reported it to a Sun journalist / local free paper / late-night radio phone-in* as soon as they had finished their shopping / climbed Everest / visited the International Space Station*.

Official spokesthing Clarence Mitchell told us "Naturally Kate and Gerry are delighted by this news as it gives them hope that people will continue to fund their search."

Last night Scotland Yard refused to comment on this latest sighting.

* Pick one of the options.

Buddha
Ross
Ross

Activity : 217

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.04.12 13:45

Ross wrote:The student / holidaymaker / ex-pat* was so shocked at the sighting that they literally trembled and reported it to a Sun journalist / local free paper / late-night radio phone-in* as soon as they had finished their shopping / climbed Everest / visited the International Space Station*.

spit coffee
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.04.12 13:48

Very good Ross, I particularly like the TM after Madeleine's name! Perhaps we can add the choice of woman as the potential abductor or even indeterminate sex to accommodate all Jane Tanner's changes of mind.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.04.12 13:58

Jean wrote:Very good Ross, I particularly like the TM after Madeleine's name!

So did I...so I added it to the forum name big grin
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 21.04.12 14:01

Ross wrote:To save everybody time here is a handy cut out 'n keep Maddie sighting report.
snip.
Brilliant.
With (out) your permission, but with acknowledgements, I have posted it in the Olive Press. Whether they will let it through is another matter.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ross 21.04.12 14:07

PeterMac wrote:
Ross wrote:To save everybody time here is a handy cut out 'n keep Maddie sighting report.
snip.
Brilliant.
With (out) your permission, but with acknowledgements, I have posted it in the Olive Press. Whether they will let it through is another matter.

You're welcome.

I suspect not. Police are investigating reported sighting of Madeleine McCann in Nerja - Page 4 742129

Buddha
Ross
Ross

Activity : 217

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.04.12 14:08

PeterMac wrote:
snip.
Brilliant.

@PeterMac clapping
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 22.04.12 13:50

Incredibly, they have !!!

http://www.theolivepress.es/spain-news/2012/04/17/could-maddie-be-alive-and-well-in-nerja/

Perhaps even Jon Clarke is beginning to see that he has been duped and used. (He portrays himself as a fearless investigative journalist, who wrote the book about the Costa Killer aka the Stockwell Strangler,)

bob rorke says:
April 17, 2012 at 10:39 pm
maybe it wasnt such a good idea to let the kidnappers know about the sighting.

june says:
April 18, 2012 at 5:11 am
Strange business. The PJ have officially stated this story is false.

PM says:
April 18, 2012 at 8:39 am
PJ Denies the Existence of a New Lead About Maddie’s Whereabouts
17-04-2012 17:23 by Celso Paiva Sol
An official source of the PJ told Renascença that the news about the Portuguese authorities having given leads about the appearance of the girl in Spain do not have any basis.
The PJ categorically denies the news published in the Spanish paper “Diário Sur”. according to which the neighbouring country’s authorities are investigating a new lead, allegedly provided by the Portuguese police, about the whereabouts of Madeleine McCann.
An official PJ source told Renascença that the news did not have any basis and is completely false. According to “Diário Sur”, the new lead arrived at the Spanish authorities ten days ago and relates that a girl with great similarities to Maddie had been seen in the city of Nerja, close to Málaga.”
Take your pick. Clarence Mitchell spinning another “sighting” or the PJ official statement. You choose.

PM says:
April 18, 2012 at 9:07 am
So the next question is, what is happening the enquiry or the review which makes TM need to turn people’s attention away ?

PM says:
April 18, 2012 at 11:10 am
ITV News,
4:03PM, TUE 17 APR 2012
Spanish police investigate Madeleine ‘sighting’
5:57PM, TUE 17 APR 2012
McCann sighting information has been with police for some time.”
So it took them less than 2 hours to discover that the “story’ was a plant by you know who.–
As with any conjuror, look what he is doing with the other hand.

PM says:
April 18, 2012 at 6:50 pm
And Nerja town hall, (you know, the ones who run the Policia Local) state they know nothing about it. Can we have some serious investigative journalism here. Who put this story into the public domain ? Was it Mitchell on behalf of TM ? There is another edition of Kate’s autobiography (with a few pages about Madeleine) coming out soon. Surely it cannot be a publicity stunt ? Can it ? Or is it to divert attention from the libel trial in Portugal, so that the press do not run with that slightly more arcane story.

june says:
April 19, 2012 at 2:47 pm
Nothing here as usual. Time to move on until the next false one.

PM says:
April 20, 2012 at 11:12 am
And there will be. Tony Bennett’s case comes up soon, and they may not want it revealed that they have spent many thousands of pounds generously donated by the public to the “Fund” which is in fact a private limited Company, NOT a Charity, on hiring the most expensive libel lawyers to prevent people asking sensible questions – such as why they lied to the police from the very first. And they did. Just look at their first statements and compare them to their second statements.
To Olive Press – I realise you may not be ‘permitted’ to publish this, and am not offended if you don’t.

PM says:
April 21, 2012 at 10:00 am
Has any one tried contacting Billy Sousa (Hughes) to get the full story, or is this the end of this one ?

PM says:
April 21, 2012 at 2:58 pm
“To save everybody time here is a handy cut out ‘n keep Maddie sighting report.
Tragic / brave / heart-broken* parents Kate and Gerry McCann were boosted last night after reports that an 18 year old student / 29 year old holidaymaker / 47 year old ex-pat* is convinced they saw missing / abducted / kidnapped* Madeleine™ in Malaga / Marrakesh / Mombassa* last week / last month / last year*.
“It was definitely her” said the student / holidaymaker / ex-pat* tearfully last night. “She was with a foreign / swarthy / gypsy* man who was smartly dressed / scruffily dressed / dressed like a foreigner* and they just didn’t look right together. I immediately recognised her from the picture on front of the book, which is available in all good bookshops, and soon out in paperback.”
The student / holidaymaker / ex-pat* was so shocked at the sighting that they literally trembled and reported it to a Sun journalist / local free paper / late-night radio phone-in* as soon as they had finished their shopping / climbed Everest / visited the International Space Station*.
Official spokesthing Clarence Mitchell told us “Naturally Kate and Gerry are delighted by this news as it gives them hope that people will continue to fund their search.”
Last night Scotland Yard refused to comment on this latest sighting.
* Pick one of the options.”
With acknowledgements !
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 23.04.12 17:28

Miraculous!

eta - I wonder why the 18-year billy bob wasnt tempted by the 1.5 or is it 2.5M reward?
A teenager without a mobile phone with camera, beggars belief! I would have like to see the "Maddie" he saw.

Judging from the evolving age progression team mccann came up with, in tandem with evolving egg-man, even the mccanns havent a clue what Maddie would look like now, and they most likely wouldn't even recognise her if they were to cross her in the street, how a stranger can be so convinced the girl he saw was "Maddie' boggles the mind.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 23.04.12 17:42

aiyoyo wrote:Miraculous!

eta - I wonder why the 18-year billy bob wasnt tempted by the 1.5 or is it 2.5M reward?
A teenager without a mobile phone with camera, beggars belief! I would have like to see the "Maddie" he saw.

Judging from the evolving age progression team mccann came up with, in tandem with evolving egg-man, even the mccanns havent a clue what Maddie would look like now, and they most likely wouldn't even recognise her if they were to cross her in the street, how a stranger can be so convinced the girl he saw was "Maddie' boggles the mind.

Daily Mail 28/7/07
Madeleine's face is instantly recognisable in dozens of countries, and the reward for information leading to her return stands at £3.2 million.

"It needs only one greedy, unscrupulous character to come forward," said Philomena McCann.

That's why! Perhaps he'd have to face Philomena!
A very curious description of the person who is going to restore your beloved niece/daughter to you. Or is it the fact that all that lovely money will never be theirs. Why, O why, didn't the generous people just put it in the Fund? Because they're not stupid? Looks good, free advertising and no risk of having to actually pay up.

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 23.04.12 18:05

tigger wrote:
aiyoyo wrote:Miraculous!

Daily Mail 28/7/07
Madeleine's face is instantly recognisable in dozens of countries, and the reward for information leading to her return stands at £3.2 million.

"It needs only one greedy, unscrupulous character to come forward," said Philomena McCann.

That's why! Perhaps he'd have to face Philomena!
A very curious description of the person who is going to restore your daughter to you. Or is it the fact that all that lovely money will never be theirs. Why, O why, didn't the generous people just put it in the Fund? Because they're not stupid? Looks good, free advertising and no risk of having to actually pay up.

What a pig awful, discouraging thing for Philomena McCann to say! Some family they are... yuk!Police are investigating reported sighting of Madeleine McCann in Nerja - Page 4 173510
pennylane

Activity : 4406

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top