The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Police are investigating reported sighting of Madeleine McCann in Nerja

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Police are investigating reported sighting of Madeleine McCann in Nerja

Post by PeterMac on 19.04.12 11:57

Interesting isn't it, how many journalists rip off other people's material and post it as their own.
If you google :"Madeleine McCann Sighting Nerja", you find hundreds of entries, (actually 6,230 results) as each local free fish and chip paper prints the identical story, most without changing a single word.
Many of them have the good grace to add the rubric
"Copyright (c) Press Association Ltd. 2012, All Rights Reserved."
But most do not, and have the gall, temerity, and frank dishonesty to add their own reporters' names.

As a viral story, very clearly timed and posted by Mitche££, one can only admire his malign power over the Press.
And can only despair at the Press itself.

If only ONE of those reporters, who so dishonestly append their names, did their job properly, - - just ONE. Is that too much to ask ?

____________________

avatar
PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 157
Join date : 2010-12-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Police are investigating reported sighting of Madeleine McCann in Nerja

Post by jay2001 on 19.04.12 12:22

Thanks Jean - got my Nuts and Kandy mixed up! Both write in similar simpering fashion.

Don't suppose UK press have issued any retractions today, or actually had the bottle to print the real facts. Strange how much power clara wields and yet he seems to go under the radar. Bet most of the abduction believers have no idea who he is. Some of the comments in the DMail are just so pathetic. One even said she was probably taken because of her eye defect. Don't see the significance in that at all. J Robinson of the West Midlands always tries to be the voice of reason on the comments site there and it's obvious whoever he/she is knows much more than the ill-informed bleeding hearts.

jay2001

Posts : 117
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-01-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Police are investigating reported sighting of Madeleine McCann in Nerja

Post by Cristobell on 19.04.12 13:34

@PeterMac wrote:Interesting isn't it, how many journalists rip off other people's material and post it as their own.
If you google :"Madeleine McCann Sighting Nerja", you find hundreds of entries, (actually 6,230 results) as each local free fish and chip paper prints the identical story, most without changing a single word.
Many of them have the good grace to add the rubric
"Copyright (c) Press Association Ltd. 2012, All Rights Reserved."
But most do not, and have the gall, temerity, and frank dishonesty to add their own reporters' names.

As a viral story, very clearly timed and posted by Mitche££, one can only admire his malign power over the Press.
And can only despair at the Press itself.

If only ONE of those reporters, who so dishonestly append their names, did their job properly, - - just ONE. Is that too much to ask ?



Indeed Petermac, in the Daily Mirror article yesterday, they say she would now be aged SEVEN.

Cristobell

Posts : 2436
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2011-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Police are investigating reported sighting of Madeleine McCann in Nerja

Post by scotclogs on 19.04.12 16:54


Yes I agree candyfloss clapping clapping thumbup
avatar
scotclogs

Posts : 146
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2011-01-09
Age : 62
Location : Netherlands

Back to top Go down

Re: Police are investigating reported sighting of Madeleine McCann in Nerja

Post by Guest on 19.04.12 21:38

@scotclogs wrote:

Yes I agree candyfloss clapping clapping thumbup

Love the potting shedder. And we have a new term for pretendy sightings - Leh-ja vu big grin
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Police are investigating reported sighting of Madeleine McCann in Nerja

Post by Guest on 20.04.12 9:53

duh And still they keep coming!!! From the Daily Star today........................



BRIT LAD: MADELEINE MCCANN WALKED PAST ME IN COSTA RESORT

I got a really good look at her face. She looked just like Madeleine. She was older obviously, but the features were identical

20th April 2012

By Jerry Lawton

A BRITISH holidaymaker has claimed he saw Madeleine McCann in the Spanish resort where police are searching for her.

Student Billy Sousa, 18, was having lunch with three pals in a bar overlooking a beach in Nerja on the Costa del Sol when a girl he believes could be the missing youngster walked past.

One of his friends shouted: “Oh God, she’s the spitting image of Madeleine McCann.”

The girl, who had dark blonde hair, pale skin and looked “seven or eight”, was with a 6ft, stocky, Middle Eastern man in his 40s with dark hair and stubble.


Billy said when the man saw they had spotted him he tugged on her hand and pulled her away.


But the pals did not report the sighting because the pair vanished before they could get a photo and they thought they would be laughed at.


This week Billy discovered police were searching the resort and passed his information to officers.


He said: “I just wish we’d done something about it there and then.


“There was just something so odd about this pale-skinned, English-looking girl walking along the beach front with a man who was of an entirely different race and appearance.


“The girl was looking around as though she was lost or didn’t know what was happening.


“I got a really good look at her face. She looked just like Madeleine. She was older obviously, but the features were identical.’’


Madeleine disappeared from her family’s holiday apartment in Praia da Luz, Portugal, on May 3, 2007, days before her fourth birthday.


Billy, from Portsmouth, was having lunch outside the Olas bar on or around July 18.


He added: “I couldn’t take my eyes off her. She looked like all the pictures I’ve seen of her. The man she was with looked like he was fairly poor, not a drifter but not a rich man.

“One of my friends thought he saw a woman with them but I didn’t. I was too focused on the girl.”

Spanish police swooped on the resort this week after a tip-off from colleagues in Portugal.

Madeleine’s doctor parents Kate, 44, and Gerry, 43, are monitoring the investigation. Their spokesman Clarence Mitchell said the couple were grateful for any help in the search.


http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/246920/Brit-lad-Madeleine-McCann-walked-past-me-in-Costa-resort/

aaagh

avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Police are investigating reported sighting of Madeleine McCann in Nerja

Post by Guest on 20.04.12 10:00

So again July 18th, doesn't even say what year big grin he allegedly saw Madeleine, but didn't say a word till now laughat

Billy, from Portsmouth, was having lunch outside the Olas bar on or around July 18.
He said: “I just wish we’d done something about it there and then.


spin spin spin daft
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Police are investigating reported sighting of Madeleine McCann in Nerja

Post by Guest on 20.04.12 10:06

To quote Monty Python - STOP, THIS IS GETTING SILLY!
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Police are investigating reported sighting of Madeleine McCann in Nerja

Post by aiyoyo on 20.04.12 10:22

violin Wonder who comes up with all these rednecked billy bobs who spotted Maddie but did nothing about it until it's too late - it's like a pattern. You would think it's becoming trendy to make belated reporting not to the Police, but to the Press directly, or to team mccanns.
I wont come outright to say it's mccanns invention or that they are doing their spin thing as usual because CR is keeping guard of mccanns' gate! nails

Deja vu of the other rednecked billy bob british woman who was convinced it was Maddie she saw in the supermarket but was too busy with Christmas and festive holiday and conveniently forgot about calling the Police. And when she did remember, the store had erased the CCTV as a weekly routine.

This time round this classical billy bob didn't even bother to report his sighting to the Police, even though he claimed the girl he saw was a "spitting image of Maddie except older" yet somehow the Sun managed to learn of his name and know about his sighting - strange - NO? spin



avatar
aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 319
Join date : 2009-11-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Police are investigating reported sighting of Madeleine McCann in Nerja

Post by rainbow-fairy on 20.04.12 10:40

I'm trying really, really hard to be polite here (if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all etc etc) but what an absolute gobs**te this 'Billy' is.
The whole article reeks of McCann McSpin and xenophobia. This bit really hacked me off:

“There was just something so odd about this pale-skinned, English-looking girl walking along the beach front with a man who was of an entirely different race and appearance."
Erm, why odd, exactly? Never heard of step-parents, adoption? My son is half-Turkish and if you saw him next to his Turkish granddad it'd be much the same!
Not only that, there are cases (rare, granted) where two black parents produce a white baby and vice versa...

On the flip side, this bit made me chortle:

He added: “I couldn’t take my eyes off her. She looked like all the pictures I've seen of her. The man she was with looked like he was fairly poor, not a drifter but not a rich man.

God, that would be a sight to see! So she did have a coloboma but she didn't at the same time plus it moved position and shape, she was lanky but also compact, white blond, gold blond mousey blond light brown hair, gappy yet not gappy teeth ... Blimey, this was one unique child I'd say!

Seriously though, as Jean says: THIS IS GETTING SILLY!
Please, SY/PJ, re-open this now and stop this nonsense! Portugal have already said there is no truth in it, and the Spanish police 'they know a nothing'! Its Leh-ja vu (thx Me, Myself, Moi) all over again.
Did anyone see that the Leh debacle is now part of the papers 'Maddie time lines' - DNA taken from girl in India. Thought this was categorically denied?
Still, isn't the paperback puke (sorry, bewk) out around the 26th? Either that or Rothley are very nervous about what is happening between UK/Oporto?

____________________
"Ask the dogs, Sandra" - Gerry McCann to Sandra Felgueiras



Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.
avatar
rainbow-fairy

Posts : 1971
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2011-05-26
Age : 42
Location : going round in circles

Back to top Go down

Re: Police are investigating reported sighting of Madeleine McCann in Nerja

Post by Guest on 20.04.12 10:56

From mccannfiles Eamon Holmes.......................


Sky News, Morning News Programme - Presenter Eamonn Holmes Sky News

Sky News Paper Review

18 April 2012
With thanks to A Miller for transcript

Eamonn Holmes and Louise Court, the editor of Cosmopolitan magazine, discuss the headline in the Daily Express - 'Madeleine 'Spotted in Spain''

Eamonn Holmes: And we are going to start Louise, front page headline, and I hope this is true, there is some foundation to this. This is the front page of the Express Madeleine Spotted in Spain we re coming up to the 5th Anniversary of disappearance of young Madeleine McCann.

Louise Court: I think it's the point you've made Eammon I hope it's true. I mean there's supposedly been this tip-off that a girl looking like Madeleine has been spotted in Nerja the Costa del Sol.

Eamonn Holmes: Nerja would be about 270 miles, if you went right across the coast of Spain and Portugal, away from where she was abducted in Lagos.

Louise Court: And it must be totally the news that her parents want to hear. But I just also wonder how they must feel because, you know, your hopes are lifted and, you know, for them to be dashed again. It's just unbearable.

Eamonn Holmes: But you see, part of me just doubts whether this is true or not, or is it about just keeping the awareness, keeping the profile, keeping us all thinking about it? The parents may be complicit in this, I don't know, and encouraging these stories and keeping them out just to keep people aware. I found myself last week amazingly in Lagos, and then you do that thing - Where was the hotel? Where was the church they went to? Whatever. And you know a beautiful small place and you just wonder how it could have happened? But it is right that we all should be aware of this and we only hope there is some truth in that.

Louise Court: But you always seem to get these sightings in the Mediterreanean and in in these coastal towns. And you think, well if you had taken her you would think that you wouldn't have... you know, why would she only be spotted in those places.

Eamonn Holmes: Well, sometimes it's all very close to home.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id232.html

wow
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Police are investigating reported sighting of Madeleine McCann in Nerja

Post by tigger on 20.04.12 11:02

!!!
'complicit' ' encouraging awareness'.... attaboy Eamonn!

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
avatar
tigger

Posts : 8114
Reputation : 39
Join date : 2011-07-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Police are investigating reported sighting of Madeleine McCann in Nerja

Post by Guest on 20.04.12 11:08

I think that he means complicit only in arranging such stories (so that people don't forget Madeleine) rather than complicit in anything relating to her disappearance. Nevertheless it is an improvement on the sycophantic drivel that most TV presenters come out with.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Police are investigating reported sighting of Madeleine McCann in Nerja

Post by rainbow-fairy on 20.04.12 11:23

Ooh, Eamonn - me thinks you will be next on the McCanns hit list of hate!

Has anyone else noted this though - its odd - Lorraine Kelly only made a very passing remark earlier in the week? Maybe when she was recuperating after her fall she took the time to read the PJ files - or maybe as well as the gashed leg she got a bumped head too!
Wink

I don't know, I just feel like 'the times, they are a 'changin'... We've also had two soap storylines in quick succession where a parent has offed/nearly offed their own child (grown children, albeit). I never remember any before. Maybe reading too much into things but are we being subtly prepared for something? Hmmm...

____________________
"Ask the dogs, Sandra" - Gerry McCann to Sandra Felgueiras



Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.
avatar
rainbow-fairy

Posts : 1971
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2011-05-26
Age : 42
Location : going round in circles

Back to top Go down

Re: Police are investigating reported sighting of Madeleine McCann in Nerja

Post by PeterMac on 20.04.12 12:05

Lagos, Hotel ?
What is he talking about ?
Surely not the apartment in Praia da Luz

____________________

avatar
PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 157
Join date : 2010-12-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Police are investigating reported sighting of Madeleine McCann in Nerja

Post by mrscee on 20.04.12 13:26

To sum up how silly this is let me share an anecdote. Last year a month after the leh sighting i was walking with my daughter in brighton. A car slowed down and 2 drunk guys leaned out of the window and screamed at her 'madeleine mccann'! She is 4 not 8 as madeleine would have been. She has blonde hair and blue eyes but that is the only resemblance. However i would not be surprised if those drunk guys mutter about their 'sighting'. Sorry for poor typing am struggling on phone.


____________________
'..that one may smile and smile and be a villain..'

mrscee

Posts : 50
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Police are investigating reported sighting of Madeleine McCann in Nerja

Post by PeterMac on 20.04.12 14:45

@mrscee wrote:To sum up how silly this is let me share an anecdote. Last year a month after the leh sighting i was walking with my daughter in brighton. A car slowed down and 2 drunk guys leaned out of the window and screamed at her 'madeleine mccann'! She is 4 not 8 as madeleine would have been. She has blonde hair and blue eyes but that is the only resemblance. However i would not be surprised if those drunk guys mutter about their 'sighting'. Snip/
They probably did. It is in Mitche££'s file for use in a couple of weeks.

____________________

avatar
PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 157
Join date : 2010-12-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Police are investigating reported sighting of Madeleine McCann in Nerja

Post by mrscee on 20.04.12 15:21

@PeterMac wrote:
@mrscee wrote:To sum up how silly this is let me share an anecdote. Last year a month after the leh sighting i was walking with my daughter in brighton. A car slowed down and 2 drunk guys leaned out of the window and screamed at her 'madeleine mccann'! She is 4 not 8 as madeleine would have been. She has blonde hair and blue eyes but that is the only resemblance. However i would not be surprised if those drunk guys mutter about their 'sighting'. Snip/
They probably did. It is in Mitche££'s file for use in a couple of weeks.
big grin I had better watch out for my photofit to appear in the daily fail. Sadly i do not look like victoria beckham.

____________________
'..that one may smile and smile and be a villain..'

mrscee

Posts : 50
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Police are investigating reported sighting of Madeleine McCann in Nerja

Post by aiyoyo on 20.04.12 15:51

A lot of children same colouring and hair look alike at that age, so from a distance practically every blond hair petite girl could be Madeleine Mccann. It's what the mccanns bank on when they ask people to look. They know they cant go wrong playing that card.
avatar
aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 319
Join date : 2009-11-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Police are investigating reported sighting of Madeleine McCann in Nerja

Post by MrsC on 20.04.12 15:55


Eamonn Holmes: Well, sometimes it's all very close to home.

You could almost get the feeling that he is not a McCann believer!
avatar
MrsC

Posts : 271
Reputation : 64
Join date : 2011-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Police are investigating reported sighting of Madeleine McCann in Nerja

Post by tiny on 20.04.12 16:00

The thing is that nobody knows what Madeleine really looked like(apart from the mccanns and tapas 7 and family) when she vanished,so how can any one say they have seen her,the mind boggles
avatar
tiny

Posts : 2274
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2010-02-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Police are investigating reported sighting of Madeleine McCann in Nerja

Post by aiyoyo on 20.04.12 16:07

Jean wrote:I think that he means complicit only in arranging such stories (so that people don't forget Madeleine) rather than complicit in anything relating to her disappearance. Nevertheless it is an improvement on the sycophantic drivel that most TV presenters come out with.

Even if he thinks they were complicit in organising the stories it is bad enough, as why would any honest people want to make up bogus story just to keep up missing Maddie high profile.

As I said before the sightings will never take place in UK for obvious reason.
It will always be reported in countries where there are arabs, muslims, gypsies or some third world with lesser beings who are poor and inferior and who want a Blond white child - that's what the mccanns want people to believe. It seems they have abandoned paedos abduction because paedos are notorious for murdering their victim very quickly. YOu cant have a padeo dragging the child all over the continent.
avatar
aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 319
Join date : 2009-11-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Police are investigating reported sighting of Madeleine McCann in Nerja

Post by PeterMac on 20.04.12 17:41

@mrscee wrote:
big grin I had better watch out for my photofit to appear in the daily fail. Sadly i do not look like victoria beckham.
Nor did the prostitute trying to score a 'quarter of an ounce' of cocaine, = a "Daughter" in Barcelona Port all those years ago.
remember the joker who reported it - 2 YEARS later - was on a pub crawl on a stag weekend for his brother, and was obviously
already wearing his "Beer Goggles".
There is scientific research into the effect.
The formula goes like this:

ß = (An)2 x d(S + 1)
----------√L x (Vo)2
where:

An is the number of servings of alcohol
S is the smokiness of the area on a scale of 0 - 10
L is the lighting level of the area, measured in candelas per square meter, in which 150 is normal room lightning
Vo is Snellen visual acuity, in which 6/6 is normal and 6/12 is the lower limit at which someone is able to drive
d is the distance between the observer and the observed, measured in meters [source: BBC News]

The formula works out a "beer goggle" score ranging from 1 to 100+. When ß = 1, the observer is perceiving the same degree of beauty he or she would perceive in a sober state. At 100+, everybody in the room is a perfect 10.
Wonderful stuff !

____________________

avatar
PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 157
Join date : 2010-12-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Police are investigating reported sighting of Madeleine McCann in Nerja

Post by sharonl on 20.04.12 21:42

candyfloss wrote: duh And still they keep coming!!! From the Daily Star today........................



BRIT LAD: MADELEINE MCCANN WALKED PAST ME IN COSTA RESORT

I got a really good look at her face. She looked just like Madeleine. She was older obviously, but the features were identical

20th April 2012

By Jerry Lawton

A BRITISH holidaymaker has claimed he saw Madeleine McCann in the Spanish resort where police are searching for her.

Student Billy Sousa, 18, was having lunch with three pals in a bar overlooking a beach in Nerja on the Costa del Sol when a girl he believes could be the missing youngster walked past.

One of his friends shouted: “Oh God, she’s the spitting image of Madeleine McCann.”

The girl, who had dark blonde hair, pale skin and looked “seven or eight”, was with a 6ft, stocky, Middle Eastern man in his 40s with dark hair and stubble.


Billy said when the man saw they had spotted him he tugged on her hand and pulled her away.


But the pals did not report the sighting because the pair vanished before they could get a photo and they thought they would be laughed at.


This week Billy discovered police were searching the resort and passed his information to officers.


He said: “I just wish we’d done something about it there and then.


“There was just something so odd about this pale-skinned, English-looking girl walking along the beach front with a man who was of an entirely different race and appearance.


“The girl was looking around as though she was lost or didn’t know what was happening.


“I got a really good look at her face. She looked just like Madeleine. She was older obviously, but the features were identical.’’


Madeleine disappeared from her family’s holiday apartment in Praia da Luz, Portugal, on May 3, 2007, days before her fourth birthday.


Billy, from Portsmouth, was having lunch outside the Olas bar on or around July 18.


He added: “I couldn’t take my eyes off her. She looked like all the pictures I’ve seen of her. The man she was with looked like he was fairly poor, not a drifter but not a rich man.

“One of my friends thought he saw a woman with them but I didn’t. I was too focused on the girl.”

Spanish police swooped on the resort this week after a tip-off from colleagues in Portugal.

Madeleine’s doctor parents Kate, 44, and Gerry, 43, are monitoring the investigation. Their spokesman Clarence Mitchell said the couple were grateful for any help in the search.


http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/246920/Brit-lad-Madeleine-McCann-walked-past-me-in-Costa-resort/

aaagh


Has this article been whosh-clunked? That link doesn't seem to work anymore.

____________________
"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER" - Rebekah Brooks to David Cameron
avatar
sharonl


Posts : 3760
Reputation : 575
Join date : 2009-12-29

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Police are investigating reported sighting of Madeleine McCann in Nerja

Post by Guest on 20.04.12 21:47

Just tried it sharonl, it still works ok for me.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum