The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Police are investigating reported sighting of Madeleine McCann in Nerja - Page 1 Mm11

Police are investigating reported sighting of Madeleine McCann in Nerja - Page 1 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Police are investigating reported sighting of Madeleine McCann in Nerja - Page 1 Mm11

Police are investigating reported sighting of Madeleine McCann in Nerja - Page 1 Regist10

Police are investigating reported sighting of Madeleine McCann in Nerja

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Police are investigating reported sighting of Madeleine McCann in Nerja - Page 1 Empty Re: Police are investigating reported sighting of Madeleine McCann in Nerja

Post by tigger 17.04.12 18:30

aiyoyo wrote:Err...any surprise this sighting is in SPAIN?

We know who is behind putting out this spin

You mean the strangely prescient 'Olive Press?' . Jon Clark who helpfully printed the sighting of the gypsy woman in the supermarket, last month, but it was really two years ago and they might have got their shopping by now but it's still worth looking into because the gypsy woman behaved really weird and it was near Christmas so the woman who saw them waited until after Boxing day because obviously one doesn't like to go to the police during Christmas........ etc.

The same Jon Clarke who - according to his own account - was in PdL on the morning of the 4th May 07. A good 6 hours drive from H.Q. in Spain.

I love the Martin Brunt piece! 'sightings' as in 'fata morgana'.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Police are investigating reported sighting of Madeleine McCann in Nerja - Page 1 Empty Re: Police are investigating reported sighting of Madeleine McCann in Nerja

Post by sharonl 17.04.12 19:00

I just love the way they use the term "Portuguese police". Spanish Police turned out to be the infamous Metodo 3 and their associates Marcos alexander Corriea and Antonio Jiminez. British Police in their book is a little old pigeon fancier from the Halkyn Mountains and his sidekick Dave Edgar who knows that Madeleine is in a hellish lair near PDL.

They have very often referred to their muppet cops as "police"

I would take this media nonesense with a pinch of salt

sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11192

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by tuom 17.04.12 20:31

tigger wrote:

We know who is behind putting out this Police are investigating reported sighting of Madeleine McCann in Nerja - Page 1 3139096799

You mean the strangely prescient 'Olive Press?' . Jon Clark who helpfully printed the sighting of the gypsy woman in the supermarket, last month, but it was really two years ago and they might have got their shopping by now but it's still worth looking into because the gypsy woman behaved really weird and it was near Christmas so the woman who saw them waited until after Boxing day because obviously one doesn't like to go to the police during Christmas........ etc.

The same Jon Clarke who - according to his own account - was in PdL on the morning of the 4th May 07. A good 6 hours drive from H.Q. in Spain.

Apologise if this is a little off topic , but just stretch your imagination a bit !!! "What would you do if you thought you saw MMC ? I ask this as i wonder about all the sightings and the weird delays in the actual reporting and checking Police are investigating reported sighting of Madeleine McCann in Nerja - Page 1 302873
tuom
tuom

Activity : 583

Back to top Go down

Police are investigating reported sighting of Madeleine McCann in Nerja - Page 1 Empty Who's that girl?

Post by Guest 17.04.12 20:40

Yes this does require an awful lot of imagination,Tuom! It is well nigh impossible to know what Madeleine looked like five years ago, let alone now so I really don't think that I would ever wonder if someone I saw could be her.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tuom 17.04.12 20:43

Jean wrote:Yes this does require an awful lot of imagination,Tuom! It is well nigh impossible to know what Madeleine looked like five years ago, let alone now so I really don't think that I would ever wonder if someone I saw could be her.

Exactly ! Police are investigating reported sighting of Madeleine McCann in Nerja - Page 1 259100
tuom
tuom

Activity : 583

Back to top Go down

Post by stumo 17.04.12 20:51

tuom wrote: but just stretch your imagination a bit !!! "What would you do if you thought you saw MMC ? I ask this as i wonder about all the sightings and the weird delays in the actual reporting and checking Police are investigating reported sighting of Madeleine McCann in Nerja - Page 1 302873

first, i'd check for a colomb.....oh, she doesn't have one now......
stumo
stumo

Activity : 159

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 17.04.12 22:10

Joana Andrea Morais
PJ Denies the Existence of a New Lead About Maddie’s Whereabouts

Posted by Joana Morais on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/#!/JoanaAndreaMorais

17-04-2012 17:23 by Celso Paiva Sol

An official source of the PJ told Renascença that the news about the Portuguese authorities having given leads about the appearance of the girl in Spain do not have any basis.

The PJ categorically denies the news published in the Spanish paper “Diário Sur”,
According to which the neighbouring country’s authorities are investigating a new lead, allegedly provided by the Portuguese police, about the whereabouts of Madeleine McCann.

An official PJ source told Renascença that the news did not have any basis and is completely false. According to “Diário Sur”, the new lead arrived at the Spanish authorities ten days ago and relates that a girl with great similarities to Maddie had been seen in the city of Nerja, close to Málaga.
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11192

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17.04.12 23:01

From ITV from Keir Simmons tweet............

McCann sighting information has been with police for some time

Last updated Tue 17 Apr 2012UK

The news that there might have been a sighting of Madeleine McCann is always taken seriously by the police, but in this case the information has been with officers for some time.

For that reason, whilst detectives are investigating, it may turn out to be another disappointment.

But we do know that many months have been spent on the review of the case being carried out by Scotland Yard.

What conclusions that review has reached will be an important question as the anniversary of the disappearance of Kate and Gerry McCann's daughter comes round again.

Madeleine's parents have seen many new leads emerge, but they will be keen to hear what the Scotland Yard inquiry has found and what is being recommended to the Portugese police who remain in charge of the case.

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2012-04-17/mccann-sighting-information-has-been-with-police-for-some-time/

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 18.04.12 6:46

tigger wrote:

We know who is behind putting out this spin

http://rr.sapo.pt/informacao_detalhe.as ... &did=58756

PJ Denies the Existence of a New Lead About Maddie’s Whereabouts

17-04-2012 17:23 by Celso Paiva Sol

An official source of the PJ told Renascença that the news about the Portuguese authorities having given leads about the appearance of the girl in Spain do not have any basis.

The PJ categorically denies the news published in the Spanish paper “Diário Sur”,
According to which the neighbouring country’s authorities are investigating a new lead, allegedly provided by the Portuguese police, about the whereabouts of Madeleine McCann.

An official PJ source told Renascença that the news did not have any basis and is completely false. According to “Diário Sur”, the new lead arrived at the Spanish authorities ten days ago and relates that a girl with great similarities to Maddie had been seen in the city of Nerja, close to Málaga.

Think I hit the jackpot again! It's the mcspins at work obviously!

It's one thing team mccann creating sighting, or getting papers to print the false sightings, but how must that look to the Police?

Since the PJ denies the genuineness of this story, they must know there can be only one team who benefits from putting out this misinformation. The mccanns propensity to lie is one thing, but their audacity to use the PJ's name in their spin......hmmm...

This is a repeat of the "Leh" story. It's not enough that they create sightings they have stepped up their game by using name of police forces as been involved in their false sightings, effectively proving to the Police their story is bogus. How stupid is that?
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Me 18.04.12 7:37

Maybe it's the old cynic in me but it all seems a little too convenient right now.

It smacks of squeaky bums in Rothley generating "sightings" in advance of the review and trying to provide alternatives in the (likely) event that the review turns the spotlight back onto the Team and their acolytes.

I think it's pretty safe to file this one in the bin.

What is certain is that since the start of the investigation there were  incongruent and even contradictory situations concerning the witness statements; the telephone records of calls that were made and received on mobile phones that belonged to the couple and to the group of friends that were on holidays with them; the movements of people right after the disappearance of the little girl was noticed, concerning the state in which the bedroom from where the child disappeared from was found (closed window? open window? partially open window?) etc., and the mystery would only become even thicker due to the clues that were left by the already mentioned sniffer dogs. - The Words of a JUDGE in relation to the McCanns
Me

Activity : 698

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 18.04.12 7:42

And guess what.
The Olive Press is running it !!!!

Could Maddie be alive and well in Nerja?
APRIL 17, 2012 • • BRITISH TODDLER MADDIE MCCANN DISAPPEARED FROM THE ALGARVE IN 2007
By Eloise Horsfield
A CRACK police outfit investigating the disappearance of Cordoba toddlers Ruth and Jose Breton has been called in to investigate a possible sighting of Madeleine McCann in Nerja.
While there have been numerous ‘sightings’ in Spain since the British toddler disappeared from the Algarve in 2007, this is not the first in the Axarquia region.
According to reports, there have been at least two alleged sightings in Nerja, and as the Olive Press revealed two months ago a sighting was reported by police by Yvonne Tunnicliffe who claims to have spotted Maddie Mercadona store in Alhaurin el Grande, just 20 miles away.

and so on and on and on and on and on.
Ad inf.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16587

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 18.04.12 7:53

Be interesting to see how Scotland Yard react to this.
Pershing36
Pershing36

Activity : 721

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18.04.12 8:20

Me wrote:Maybe it's the old cynic in me but it all seems a little too convenient right now.

It smacks of squeaky bums in Rothley generating "sightings" in advance of the review and trying to provide alternatives in the (likely) event that the review turns the spotlight back onto the Team and their acolytes.

I think it's pretty safe to file this one in the bin.

Couldn't agree more, Me. They're desperately trying to point fingers in another direction to get us all to look over there, anywhere but where the spotlight should be.

Also there is an updated book coming out very soon and there's nothing like a few sightings to get the spotlight onto the book and generate sales.. which supposedly go into the fund.... to allow them to investigate sightings.... vicious circle (emphasis on the vicious)...
book - sighting - sales - fund? - search - fund low - book - sighting - sales - fund? - search and on and on..
appalling people....when will it end...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by nomendelta 18.04.12 9:11

Now since this has been denied by police sources why on earth is it appearing as "news" on this morning's ITV breakfast show and indeed a sycophantically sympathetic Lorraine couldn't even bring herself to give it credence other than saying it kept Maddie's name in the press at least.
nomendelta

Activity : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 18.04.12 9:17

don't get the Portuguese connection anyway.....
you are in southern Spain, a tourist, ex-pat or Spanish resident.
you see a girl aged about 9 [presumably] and think after looking closely a number of times with that age progressed computer generated photo in your head..this could be Maddie.
you contact the local Spanish police don't you?
don't the Spanish police contact Portugal and not vice versa?
or are we to think the person seeing a girl who could be Maddie got in touch with the PJ rather than his or her local police force...who could immediately activate things? maybe maybe not...I think the entire thing is a fiction.

btw.....reported very baldly on tv this morning, only saw ITV so far... will be interesting to see Sky..

first report on news...that police have had a tip -off about a possible sighting of Madeleine McCann in the tourist resort of Nerja in Spain. Madeleine went missing 5 years ago..her parents went out to dinner and returned to find her gone.
words to that effect...no abduction word and a very to the point version of their account...no elaboration, restaurant close to their apartment.........simply went out for a meal and came back...she was missing.
And their 2nd report simply said Madeleine went missing 5 years ago.
A brief reference to the parents gratitude to police who follow up sightings.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 18.04.12 12:41

o/t

Detroit Free Press

Martin Grime, a forensic canine expert, testified that he traveled from England and arrived Dec. 4 in Detroit with two English springer spaniels: Morse, who specializes in victim recovery, and Keela, who detects human blood.

Grime said Morse detected a human decomposition odor in a room where Bianca slept at Lane's house as well as on her blanket and car seat found in Lane's car.

"The dog's final response is vocal," Grime said. "He barks, and as the dog searches, their behavior changes and they become more intense."

Morse searched inside and outside Lane's house in the 19300 block of Mitchell on Detroit's east side, Grime said. "There was an immediate change of behavior."

Grime said Morse was able to pick out Lane's car, which was parked among 31 others in a lot. The other cars in the lot did not get a response from the dog.

Grime said his dogs did not detect a decomposition odor on the clothing Lane was wearing the day he was taken into custody, which was the same day Bianca disappeared. He also said that a body starts decomposing immediately after breathing stops.

Testimony in the preliminary examination is expected to resume April 27.

http://www.freep.com/article/20120418/N ... NTPAGE%7Cs
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 18.04.12 12:44

Martin Grime testifies in case of missing Biana Jones
April 17, 2012
Dad gave Bianca 'a whooping,' sister testifies at hearing

By Christine Ferretti,The Detroit News

Detroit— The 8-year-old sister of Bianca Jones told prosecutors Tuesday about the "hard stick" her father kept in his closet to discipline his children.

The child then recalled a December day when that tool was used on her 2-year-old sister, Bianca, after the girl refused to speak.

"One day she wouldn't talk when my dad was asking her questions," the girl said. "She got a whooping."

The girl also testified Tuesday in 36th District Court in Detroit about separate occasion when her father, D'Andre Lane, hit her with the same stick and stuffed a pair of her wet underwear under her tongue after she wet the bed. The incident, she said, tore the underside of her tongue and prevented her from eating because "it burned."
The child's testimony was shared during Lane's preliminary examination on felony murder and first-degree child abuse charges in Bianca's death. The girl was last seen Dec. 2. Her body has not been found.

Lane, 32, of Detroit, has claimed his daughter was in the back seat of his 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis on Dec. 2 when he was forced out at gunpoint by carjackers at Brush and Carter streets. The car was recovered shortly after, but the child was gone.

Prosecutors, however, have said there's "considerable evidence" linking Lane to the abuse and murder of his child, including statements he allegedly made to investigators.
Two witnesses testified Tuesday in the hearing that is expected to resume April 27 before Judge Ruth C. Carter.

Lane's daughter said that she last saw her sister awake the night before Bianca disappeared.

That morning, she said, her father carried a silent Bianca to the car. She was dressed in purple pants and covered with an animal print blanket. He strapped Bianca in next to her and the toddler did not move or make a sound, she said.
The girl testified that she had met her sister only four to five days before she went missing, but the two shared a bedroom, and Bianca had always snored.
Detroit Police requested a criminal warrant in December for a suspect not publicly named.

A police source close to the investigation previously told The News that cadaver dogs had searched Lane's home and discovered evidence.

Forensic canine expert Martin Grime, who is contracted under the FBI, testified Tuesday that he brought in his victim recovery dog two days after Bianca went missing. The dog was able to pick up a cadaver scent inside Lane's car, inside the girls' bedroom in Lane's home as well as on the blanket Bianca had been covered with and her car seat.

Grime admitted for defense that the dogs detect only the generic scent of human decomposition. The dogs, he said, cannot determine identity, age, race, gender or the rate of decomposition.

Lane maintains he had nothing to do with his daughter's disappearance.

Lane is being held in a secure area of the Wayne County Jail on a $3 million bond.

http://dastardlydads.blogspot.co.uk/201 ... r-old.html
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18.04.12 13:17

Interesting that the word disappeared is used no mention of abduction.........

Spanish police probe Madeleine McCann sighting on Costa del Sol

Detectives investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann were last night responding to reports of a new sighting at a Costa del Sol resort.

Spanish police received a tip-off from their Portuguese colleagues that a girl looking like Madeleine was seen in Nerja, near Malaga.

It is understood the sighting is connected to a new review of the investigation into her disappearance, with a new team of detectives from Porto and Scotland Yard working together to re-examine thousands of pages of case files.

Madeleine disappeared during a family holiday in the Algarve resort of Praia da Luz shortly before her fourth birthday in May 2007.

Lawyers for Madeleine's parents Kate and Gerry, from Rothley, Leicestershire, said the case review was a 'very positive sign'.

Nerja town hall spokesman Antonio Gallardo called for witnesses to come forward.

'We haven’t been informed by anyone officially about this sighting,' he said.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/news/896494-spanish-police-probe-madeleine-mccann-sighting-on-costa-del-sol#ixzz1sOSHtfZu

So the Nerja town hall spokesman doesn't know anything about this sighting. roll
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 18.04.12 13:28

tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 18.04.12 13:34

That, and the bewk is coming up.
Far as I know they always create a new sighting on anniversary. Remember the last anniversary coinciding with bewk release, it was the Leh sighting!
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18.04.12 14:01

Aiyoyo, the book was published last May but the Leh sighting was in late July. This new farce is indeed well-timed for the publication of the paperback though.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18.04.12 14:15

Jean wrote:Aiyoyo, the book was published last May but the Leh sighting was in late July. This new farce is indeed well-timed for the publication of the paperback though.

Yes Jean you are right 23rd July 2011. Anyone wishing to read what a farce that was it's here................

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t3121-new-sighting-of-madeleine-in-india?highlight=leh+sighting
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ross 18.04.12 14:49

Oh dear. For some reason reading this report brought this to mind:

Buddha
Ross
Ross

Activity : 217

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 18.04.12 15:04

spit coffee

Soo lovely! Sorely missed Peter Cook, easily the best of the duo.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie 18.04.12 15:11

Whenever there has been a report of a possible sighting of Madeleine I have immediately dismissed it, it is all spin, just when the McCanns need it. I wouldn't know Madeleine if she walked past me in the street - I still think of Madeleine as she was when she disappeared - and I don't think I am alone in this. The media was completely saturated with pictures of Madeleine and how she supposedly looked when she disappeared that I think we all still picture her as she was then. How many of you when thinking of Madeleine visualise the updated version of what Madeleine could look like?
Ollie

Activity : 279

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top