The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

When did you suspect that all was not right ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

When did you suspect that all was not right ?

Post by tuom on 05.04.12 21:40

Hi All

I am so excited my first new topic , I would love to hear all your views , from day one my husband said to me that all was not right in the "abduction"

it took me a few more days , how about you ?
avatar
tuom

Posts : 531
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-03-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: When did you suspect that all was not right ?

Post by PeterMac on 05.04.12 21:44

So excited, that I think you probably meant to entitle it
When did you suspect that all was NOT right.
Am I right ?
If so, ask Admin to change it.
AND WELCOME

____________________

avatar
PeterMac
Investigator

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 174
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: When did you suspect that all was not right ?

Post by tuom on 05.04.12 21:52

@PeterMac wrote:So excited, that I think you probably meant to entitle it
When did you suspect that all was NOT right.
Am I right ?
If so, ask Admin to change it.
AND WELCOME



DOH have edited now
avatar
tuom

Posts : 531
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-03-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: When did you suspect that all was not right ?

Post by juliet on 05.04.12 22:18

Very first thing was Kate McCann in a supposed appeal to the kidnapper. She looked so shifty - eyes darting everywhere, no emotion, clearly putting on an act. Even so, I thought maybe she is just a weird woman, don't judge. But then the lies came about the "jemmied shutters" and "I entered through the door with the key". Then they actually said: "We left the patio doors open in case of fire". And I thought: "You change your story with the wind. Why are you getting away with it???"
avatar
juliet

Posts : 579
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-06-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: When did you suspect that all was not right ?

Post by tigger on 06.04.12 6:21

The complete plot line in the first thing Kate said:

'They've taken her!'

Rather like the dingo baby affair when Lindy shouted: 'That dingo's taken my baby!'

Both had seen paedophiles/dingo eyeing the child before...

As anyone who's ever lost a child temporarily knows - you shout the name you tell everyone X has gone - you run around to find the child. In fact, if you're any kind of a mother, your brain is incapable of reason until you find your child.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
avatar
tigger

Posts : 8114
Reputation : 48
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Re: When did you suspect that all was not right ?

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 06.04.12 7:07

My first thoughts that something was awry was when it came out that Madeleine and her siblings had been left alone and that the parents were Dr's. I thought, no way would people with an education do that, and when they first appeared on screen, my instincts told me they were the ones for the police to haul in.

It was instantaneous for me, at no point did I feel a stranger had got the child.

____________________
The truth will out.
avatar
Smokeandmirrors
Moderator

Posts : 2428
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2011-07-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: When did you suspect that all was not right ?

Post by tiny on 06.04.12 7:16

Jemmied shutters,that turned out a big fat lie.
avatar
tiny

Posts : 2274
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2010-02-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: When did you suspect that all was not right ?

Post by russiandoll on 06.04.12 8:54

these snippets from responses to the press in the early days

Jeremy Thompson: "Can I... Can I just ask you one more thing before...
Gerry: "Sorry, that's all we can take at the minute."
(Gerry and Kate walk away)

Jeremy Thompson: "I wondered if you had a message for the person who may be holding her?"
(Gerry and Kate continue walking away)


Unidentified: "Can I... can I ask, that after so long, you've... you're now 19 days, do you have any... any new appeal or any new thoughts of sending a message to the person who took Madeleine?"

Gerry: "No, we're... we're going to wait and see what the response is from this current appeal and we're here to re-emphasise that appeal and support it."


Sandra Felgueiras (RTP): "But did you know Robert Murat?"
Gerry: "I'm not going to comment on that." (coughs)





____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

avatar
russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: When did you suspect that all was not right ?

Post by nomendelta on 06.04.12 9:16

I actually never gave the case much thought in the early days - I lived in Spain at the time and it would appear occasionally on the news and of course it was always front of the line on the Sky News page. I think initially I felt it was bad of them to leave the kids alone in the first place but never gave it much thought beyond that. Then came the report of DNA in the car hired 3 weeks after Maddie disappeared and from that point I decided to look into it more and of course, as with most folk here, as soon as you look into it you see the red flags left right and center.

nomendelta

Posts : 330
Reputation : 41
Join date : 2011-05-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

A similar previous topic

Post by Guest on 06.04.12 9:32

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t2597-when-what-made-you-first-question-this-story?highlight=what+made+you

It's like a trip down memory lane to see the names of some of the posters who have vanished since then.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: When did you suspect that all was not right ?

Post by pennylane on 06.04.12 10:08

The very first time I watched and listened to them I felt uneasy about their demeanour; but by the second time I felt certain the pair were lying about 'the abduction.' I felt Maddie was dead, and that they were covering it up due to the manner of her death which would have destroyed their careers etc. Nothing, and I mean not one thing, the McCanns have said or done since those first few days has altered my initial feelings that they were somehow involved in Madeleine's demise.

pennylane

Posts : 2756
Reputation : 1588
Join date : 2009-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: When did you suspect that all was not right ?

Post by Upsy Daisy on 06.04.12 10:37

Hello tuom,

I haven't posted for a bit since I am perpetually waiting to see some new developments so I guess feel I can't really contribute much more, however I read often, with a fresh optimism each time for new and damning evidence/news.

For me, the fact that Kate ran out of the apartment shouting 'they've taken her', whilst leaving behind two defenseless babies when a 'child-catcher' could have been lurking waiting to grab the other two. I would have screamed at the top of my lungs from where I was or from the window. No mother in their right mind would leave those babies behind, unless they knew of course that there was no 'child-catcher' waiting in the wings. They also left those little kids in the creche after the event, when, for all they knew, the 'child-catcher' was lurking around the premises or indeed working there. It just screamed 'involvement' to me.

There have been so many wonderful posts written over the past months/years on this site that I wish you happy reading. I love to read newcomers' insights and thoughts and hope you will chime in and post more.

____________________
Grammatical Error of The Day : It's should 'have', NOT should 'of'......
avatar
Upsy Daisy

Posts : 437
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-04-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: When did you suspect that all was not right ?

Post by puzzled on 06.04.12 12:56

When they started manufacturing her as a commodity. I found it hard to credit that grieving parents would use their child as a means to make money.

____________________
...how did you feel the last time you squashed a bug? -psychopathic criminal, quoted in Robert Hare, Without Conscience

puzzled

Posts : 200
Reputation : 21
Join date : 2011-06-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: When did you suspect that all was not right ?

Post by stumo on 06.04.12 13:16

I immediately thought that they were lying the first time i saw them on TV and that it was a cover up.

I can't see how anyone could not be totally devastated by the disappearance of their child.

I don't have kids but know i'd be a blubbering wreck after my experiences of taking my cat and dog to the vets for their last times.
avatar
stumo

Posts : 153
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-03-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: When did you suspect that all was not right ?

Post by rainbow-fairy on 06.04.12 13:30

At the risk of being accused of being biased, closed-minded etc, I will say this;
I knew something was not right the moment I heard 'a three year old British girl has been abducted from a holiday apartment in Portugal'. On seeing Kate and Gerry, my thoughts were confirmed - these two were lying. The 'jemmied shutters' and the 'police are doing nothing' were more red flags.
As pennylane states above, absolutely nothing that the McCanns have said or done have changed my opinion - merely strengthened it.

I did, for about a week, try to 'see the other side'. I had a look at some Pro-sites and 'arguments' - this just confirmed it all. All they did was smear, blacken names, discredit any witness that didn't make the T9 look good (especially Martin Grime, Eddie and Keela). They breathtakingly cherrypick a couple of lines out of context and say 'look, see, this proves it!'.
I'm amazed I lasted as long as I did. I'm not bigoted, and I do look at all sides - its just in this case, the McCanns side is so weak, so pathetically manipulated, its impossible to see it as anything other than a joke (which would be funny if a three year old hadn't lost her life).
Really, what can Pro's argue with? Not evidence that's for sure - there isn't any!
tuom, I well remember the excitement of my first topic. I'd wanted to discuss this case for so long, as opposed to lurking, it was great!
Let's hope you come up with many more good topics :)

____________________
"Ask the dogs, Sandra" - Gerry McCann to Sandra Felgueiras



Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.
avatar
rainbow-fairy

Posts : 1971
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2011-05-26
Age : 43
Location : going round in circles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: When did you suspect that all was not right ?

Post by Kololi on 06.04.12 15:21

@puzzled wrote:When they started manufacturing her as a commodity. I found it hard to credit that grieving parents would use their child as a means to make money.

That was a bit of an eye opener for me too. I understood people wishing to help by sending cash but it didn't stop with that and doesn't seem to be stopping now even though David Cameron has secured a nice expensive enquiry on their behalf. I am probably just not getting the bigger picture perhaps.

I did have a wtf moment too when I saw the picture of them sat at the table, loads of dosh on the table and them grinning from ear to ear. I suppose they were probably chuffed to bits with the monetary support they were receiving but as an old cynic I found it a bit odd.
avatar
Kololi

Posts : 677
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2010-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: When did you suspect that all was not right ?

Post by nomendelta on 06.04.12 16:09

@Kololi wrote:
@puzzled wrote:When they started manufacturing her as a commodity. I found it hard to credit that grieving parents would use their child as a means to make money.

That was a bit of an eye opener for me too. I understood people wishing to help by sending cash but it didn't stop with that and doesn't seem to be stopping now even though David Cameron has secured a nice expensive enquiry on their behalf. I am probably just not getting the bigger picture perhaps.

I did have a wtf moment too when I saw the picture of them sat at the table, loads of dosh on the table and them grinning from ear to ear. I suppose they were probably chuffed to bits with the monetary support they were receiving but as an old cynic I found it a bit odd.

I've always been under the impression that the money on the table picture was a photoshop job and not a real picture - can someone clarify?

nomendelta

Posts : 330
Reputation : 41
Join date : 2011-05-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: When did you suspect that all was not right ?

Post by Juulcy on 06.04.12 16:53

I am pretty sure I read it is a photoshop, as a comment on them. Not meant to be mistaken for a real picture.
avatar
Juulcy

Posts : 161
Reputation : 28
Join date : 2011-07-04
Location : Netherlands

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: When did you suspect that all was not right ?

Post by Juulcy on 06.04.12 17:05

And to answer the topic, I new all was not well when I started to read dr. Roberts, and read the transcripts of the interviews. It is not credible that all these people, with higher educations and university degrees, cannot put two normal sentences together. They consistenly do not defend themselves in a normal way, by answering questions to the point, instead they beat around the bush.
And call normal scepsis ludicrous and unhelpful.
avatar
Juulcy

Posts : 161
Reputation : 28
Join date : 2011-07-04
Location : Netherlands

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: When did you suspect that all was not right ?

Post by Shibboleth on 06.04.12 19:14

When they say it is like dining in the garden, and then I saw the true distance from the restaurant to the apartment. At the time that Maddy disappeared, we lived in Manchester. We had a garden that some people would consider to be a big one. There was a table-set and a small pool for fish, and a space for the bin. No room for swimming pools or large walls or gates! So then I started to think - what other lies have this couple told? How big a garden can they have? Very quickly, the lies were shown. Broken shutters, incompetent police, two-years jail deals.

____________________
“Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.” ~ Joseph Stalin, 1897-1953
"If Adolph Hitler flew in today, they'd send a limousine anyway." ~ Joe Strummer, 1952-2002
avatar
Shibboleth

Posts : 500
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-10-16
Location : Jaffa - Tel Aviv

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: When did you suspect that all was not right ?

Post by tuom on 06.04.12 21:15

@rainbow-fairy wrote:At the risk of being accused of being biased, closed-minded etc, I will say this;
I knew something was not right the moment I heard 'a three year old British girl has been abducted from a holiday apartment in Portugal'. On seeing Kate and Gerry, my thoughts were confirmed - these two were lying. The 'jemmied shutters' and the 'police are doing nothing' were more red flags.
As pennylane states above, absolutely nothing that the McCanns have said or done have changed my opinion - merely strengthened it.

I did, for about a week, try to 'see the other side'. I had a look at some Pro-sites and 'arguments' - this just confirmed it all. All they did was smear, blacken names, discredit any witness that didn't make the T9 look good (especially Martin Grime, Eddie and Keela). They breathtakingly cherrypick a couple of lines out of context and say 'look, see, this proves it!'.
I'm amazed I lasted as long as I did. I'm not bigoted, and I do look at all sides - its just in this case, the McCanns side is so weak, so pathetically manipulated, its impossible to see it as anything other than a joke (which would be funny if a three year old hadn't lost her life).
Really, what can Pro's argue with? Not evidence that's for sure - there isn't any!
tuom, I well remember the excitement of my first topic. I'd wanted to discuss this case for so long, as opposed to lurking, it was great!
Let's hope you come up with many more good topics :)



Thank You , I too tried to look at it from both sides but as has been said before the constant changing of "facts" really shows that they are covering something up...
avatar
tuom

Posts : 531
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-03-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: When did you suspect that all was not right ?

Post by Maive on 07.04.12 17:23

My first baby is born on May 2nd 2007, so at that time when Madeleine disappeared, I was very busy with a new born but I felt attracted by Madeleine, because I had a new life in my hands and at the same time the life of a little girl was maybe in danger. I live in Canada so I saw the news but I had no reason at all to suspect something else than an abduction.. After all, those things happen..

But I started to look on the net (to have more news about the case) and found the Duarte Levy forum, in French (as I speak French), and read him every day... I started to have some suspicions, not very strong but still, this case was odd, the parents behaviour was odd, this marketing campain was odd.. I started to think maybe there is something.. And then, the DOGS have alerted.. And for me, it was THE MOMENT... When I saw the dogs, as Kate says, I knew..

And NOTHING can change my mind.. Just hope for the truth comes out.. but maybe it will never come out..

Maive

Posts : 45
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-08-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: When did you suspect that all was not right ?

Post by Lady-Heather on 08.04.12 13:24

My first child was also born in 2007 and at the time of Maddie's disappearance I was heavily pregnant, extremely tired, generally feeling sorry for myself and just wanting the baby to be born. At that time I couldn't give a stuff about my appearance and struggled to leave the house most days, I was too tired and felt fat and unattractive for the majority of the time.

Because of this, it struck me as quite unbelievable that every time I saw Kate on the TV, she was nicely made-up, jewellery, accessories, and generally looking quite nice for the camera. With the obligatory sad sorry face of course. I remember thinking at the time that if I had just lost my child, I would be frantically searching for her, or in bits not knowing where she was. I honestly wouldn't give a second thought or care about my appearance, whether my hair was up or down, what accessories looked best with this outfit...

This was the first clue. Others inevitably followed.
avatar
Lady-Heather

Posts : 140
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: When did you suspect that all was not right ?

Post by tuom on 08.04.12 23:18

@Lady-Heather wrote:My first child was also born in 2007 and at the time of Maddie's disappearance I was heavily pregnant, extremely tired, generally feeling sorry for myself and just wanting the baby to be born. At that time I couldn't give a stuff about my appearance and struggled to leave the house most days, I was too tired and felt fat and unattractive for the majority of the time.

Because of this, it struck me as quite unbelievable that every time I saw Kate on the TV, she was nicely made-up, jewellery, accessories, and generally looking quite nice for the camera. With the obligatory sad sorry face of course. I remember thinking at the time that if I had just lost my child, I would be frantically searching for her, or in bits not knowing where she was. I honestly wouldn't give a second thought or care about my appearance, whether my hair was up or down, what accessories looked best with this outfit...

This was the first clue. Others inevitably followed.

Exactly ! you speak as a Mother, I am a Mother of 3 all grown and flown now but never the less they are my babies and I could give you an account of their personalities , all different , when they were young I would go days without washing my hair as I was busy , how how how can someone be that calm when their child has "vanished" is way beyond me !!
avatar
tuom

Posts : 531
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-03-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum