The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

4th of May

View previous topic View next topic Go down

4th of May

Post by tigger on 29.03.12 13:30

From the book:

At some point that morning we’d become aware that friends and family were appearing on television expressing our concern about the lack of police activity overnight. I think I’d registered Trisha and a good friend in Glasgow popping up on the TV in the apartment. Gerry has a memory of seeing some familiar faces on the set in the police control room. We were quite surprised that people were giving interviews but it was understandable. After all, we’d been on the phone half the night to our friends and relatives, sobbing that nothing was being done and begging for their help. And we appreciated the swift response. We were just worried that any criticism of the police might not do us or, more to the point, Madeleine, any favours.
We were grateful for the support of the British consul for the Algarve, Bill Henderson, and the proconsul, Angela Morado, who met us at the police station. Although there was little anyone could say or do to ease our pain, they were both warm and extremely sympathetic. I especially appreciated Angela’s reassuring presence – she was roughly the same age as me, a mother herself and, most importantly, strong, and I felt those common factors would help her to understand a little of what I was going through. At one point, the British ambassador, John Buck, came down from Lisbon to see us. He was pleasant and obviously concerned.

So one the first and eventful day we have wanted and unwanted visitors:

The ambassador - a three hour drive from Lisbon, what actual time did he arrive?
Normally, it would be very rare if not unheard of for the ambassador to take a personal interest in such a case. So who instructed him to hurry down there?
The consuls were doing the job they're paid for - they were closer to the location. There was no earthly need for the ambassador to come down at all.

The consul - Bill Henderson, who according to the PJ was on the phone as early as 10.00 am telling(I take it the embassy) that the PJ were doing nothing.
Why was he saying that? He'd barely walked into the PJ's offices and within a very short time of his arrival he'd established that nothing was being done.
A very sloppy and dishonest statement. The whole of the area was on full alert by that time.

Others: Jon Clark, owner of the 'Olive Press' who seems to be an avid McCann fan. He himself stated that he was there 'that fateful morning'. PeterMac has already worked out that he must have left home about 5 in the morning to do so. So how did he know so early that this story was breaking?

Yvonne Martin: a nasty surprise for KM and even more so for DP. Pure happenstance -

Lori Campbell? What time did that eager person arrive? Where was she when the story broke?

Back to top Go down

Re: 4th of May

Post by Nina on 29.03.12 18:30

Popping up on the television in the apartment. So the apartment must have had sky television. Not normal for a holiday let in my experience.

Back to top Go down

Post by nomendelta on 29.03.12 19:22

Nina wrote:Popping up on the television in the apartment. So the apartment must have had sky television. Not normal for a holiday let in my experience.

Not necessarily Sky - it could easily have been Portuguese TV reporting on the abduction.

nomendelta

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 29.03.12 19:39

nomendelta wrote:
Nina wrote:Popping up on the television in the apartment. So the apartment must have had sky television. Not normal for a holiday let in my experience.

Not necessarily Sky - it could easily have been Portuguese TV reporting on the abduction.

I wouldn't think Portuguese TV, it's quite likely that MW would have at least satellite ? They were catering for British holiday makers who are notoriously reliant on their TV.
She mentions that Gerry was at the police station when he saw some of it, that would have been in Portuguese I expect.

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 29.03.12 19:57

At the moment I'm most interested in Jon Clark of the Olive Press and the ambassador.

Neither of them should have been there in the normal course of events.
If he heard the news as early as 6 in the morning, he'd have to have jumped in the car and would only arrived just before midday. When there was every chance the child might have been found by then.
According to Jon Clark he was there 'that momentous morning' (quote may not be accurate).

Jon Clark runs a Spanish expat newspaper - he's been an avid supporter of the McCanns all along as far as I can see. Recently the spurious story of the woman who saw Maddie in a supermarket in the company of a gipsy. Is someone pulling his strings?
He's also sent a few very rude emails to PeterMac, who criticised him.
This week he published a three line article on Maddie, complete with poster photo and a list of very pro-McCann articles all of which are quite old.

http://www.theolivepress.es/spain-news/2012/03/27/portuguese-launch-new-madeleine-mccann-probe/

The Ambassador in general is only concerned with political issues - British citizens in trouble are under the care of the consul-general in Lisbon and initially aided by the local consul or vice-consul (this last official is usually a native of the country and a local business man of good reputation - the post is seen as an honour and doesn't usually involve much work).
So for the ambassador to roll up during the 4th of May when it is likely he can't have heard anything about this before breakfast is astounding.

Both the Olive Press and the Ambassador are simply way too early - so I'm asking why?

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 30.03.12 21:27

This is a heavily snipped set of excerpts.

By Dr Martin Roberts
20 January 2012

A TENSE SITUATION
What did the McCanns do with their precious time in the immediate aftermath of Madeleine's disappearance, first announced on Thursday night, 3 May 2007? Kate McCann has told us (parentheses mine).

Friday 4: Virtually the entire day was spent at PJ headquarters in Portimao. They travelled there with police at 10.00 a.m. (p.88) returning to Praia da Luz 'some time after 8.30 p.m.' (p.92).

(5th, 6th and 7th were also packed with activity according to Kate’s book)

Because now I should like to ask when, in the course of all the activity Kate McCann has dutifully outlined for us, did she personally find the time for sight-seeing; in particular her visit to Lagos Marina, which she has previously described to D.C. 975 Markley of Leicestershire Constabulary? It was he who wrote, on a spare sheet of LC paper headed 'LEICESTERSHIRE CONSTABULARY Continuation WITNESS STATEMENT,' the following:
INFORMATION FROM THE FAMILY

I spoke to Kate McCann on Tuesday 8th of May 07. She told me that a friend of her Aunt & Uncle from Leicester had a friend that had a strong vision that Madeleine was on a boat with a man in the Marina in Lagos.

This person arrived in Portugal and has spoke to Kate. They have visited the Marina and identified the boat as "SHEARWATER". They saw a man on the boat but this was not the same man that she had in her vision.

This is very important to Kate. I spoke to Glen Pounder if he could make some enqs with regards to the boat.

I spoke with Kate today and she has given me photographs of the boat. She has also given me a photograph of a man who had been on the boat. This is not the man that the woman had in her vision.

This matter is very important to her and she is very pleased that we are making enqs into the matter.

'I spoke to Kate McCann on Tuesday 8th of May 07' is clearly a reference to a past action. Furthermore, the conversation to which it refers describes past activity itself, placing the vision, certainly, at a time prior to Tuesday 8 May (some time between May 4th and May 8th, no doubt). But what about that person's arrival in Portugal and their visit to the Marina?
Hence, by Tuesday 8 May, Kate McCann is in a position to inform DC Markley of a specific vessel moored at Lagos Marina. The visit which identified it must already have taken place, as DC Markley makes no reference whatsoever to any exchange of information in the interim, i.e. in-between the 'conversation' that occurred on Tuesday 8 May and the tete-a-tete meeting on the day he wrote his memo, when Kate 'gave him photographs of the boat.'

Thus Kate McCann took advantage of a gap in her busy schedule to visit Lagos Marina, some time between 4 and 8 May; an event directly associated with a matter of considerable importance to her (DC Markley points this out twice); so important in fact that she fails to describe it in her book at all, whilst what she does mention specifically precludes its having happened, in that period of time at any rate.
unquote

The most interesting thing here for me is the psychic who so very quickly made her way to PdL. According to the material on the topic ‘The Swansea connection’ Lazarus and possibly Amanda Hart
said they were going on the following Wednesday - which would have been the 9th of May.
Yet according to the police statement this must have already happened between the 4th and the 8th.

We now have:
The missed call from Swansea on the 2nd of May.
The very busy time between 4 - 8th May which makes it almost impossible to fit in.
The visit to the marina and the boat which were very important to Kate.
The fact that this visit with the psychic (either Lazarus or Hart) must have been made between 4-8 May.
The fact that the psychics flew out on the 9th?
The fact that none of this is mentioned in the book.

As the diary was written retrospectively for that period - it may have become clear to Kate at the time of writing that the visit to the boat could not be fitted into the time available.

I'm also very interested to know when PACT and IFLG were alerted, imo almost certainly on the 4th as well. Since IFLG was a newly formed group only six weeks old, I'm wondering how the McCanns would have known about them at all. Googling?

Lazarus' husband is a lawyer I believe?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 31.03.12 0:09

Re the choice of the IFLG, Kate says in the book that a colleague of Gerry's referred them to a paralegal based in Leicester who worked for the IFLG. Maybe the colleague was a friend or relative of the paralegal and wanted to give a new company a helping hand. The paralegal and a barrister flew to Portugal on 11th May.

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 31.03.12 6:37

Jean wrote:Re the choice of the IFLG, Kate says in the book that a colleague of Gerry's referred them to a paralegal based in Leicester who worked for the IFLG. Maybe the colleague was a friend or relative of the paralegal and wanted to give a new company a helping hand. The paralegal and a barrister flew to Portugal on 11th May.

Thanks, I did think that only another lawyer could have made a connection. These were also the people who allegedly told Gerry that their parenting was reasonable - without having any authority to do so.
It's just:
child disappears after a week of neglect which would net you a prison sentence in both the UK and Portugal
magically the IFLG appears - just about six weeks old
without any authority to do so - the McCanns are absolved barely a week after the event by the IFLG

Then we have Lazarus and Hart on the scene so very soon. They too are connected to lawyers.

Since the press were fed the 'Portuguese police are doing nothing' story right from the start, imo this was part of the pre-planned tactics to gain the sympathy of the public. Add to that a couple of psychics with good references from 'the family' and you have a best seller in terms of a storyline.

The public, conditioned mainly by the tabloids and many years of watching TV series such as 'Medium' now have their favourite fiction turned into a real life drama. Something they can even take part in.
For all this to be happening so very soon, you'd have had advice from some very good PR - imo well before 3/5.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum