The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Suprised to see Madeleine Mccann

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Suprised to see Madeleine Mccann

Post by OpenMind on 11.03.12 10:22

Please forgive me if this is in totally the wrong place but wasn't sure where to put it. I am a long-time follower of the case and newish to this forum, this being the first topic I have personally started. I feel the need to share an observation.

It was my wedding anniversary this weekend and I went to an exhibition at the O2 in London. We visitted the British Music Experience (BME), a series of interactive exhibits detaling the history of british music. One of the main parts is the timelines where you can see historical musical news from that year and a few very historically significant general news articals also. To give you an idea of the calibre of these news articles the musical ones included the death of Michael Jackson, the Take That reunion etc, whilst the general ones included only very significant events such as the wedding of Charles and Diana, the London bombings the forming of the coalition government. Well my point is that I nearly fell over in complete surprise when 2007 included a little entry that we here will find familiar - yes, you've guessed it "Madeleine Mccan goes missing whilst on holiday in Portugal" As all articles were one liners that was it along with an image. Tried to save it to my "e-ticket" to share here but it would not. Found it very curious that it was rated as important as the other news topics and have puzzling about it since. thinking

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suprised to see Madeleine Mccann

Post by Guest on 11.03.12 11:51

Interesting indeed that the Madeleine McCann story rates as an iconic moment rather than say the Soham girls or Sarah Payne.

Maybe it's because - dare I say it - at present it remains unsolved and a mystery.

Here's a link to the exhibition website.

http://www.britishmusicexperience.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by T4two on 11.03.12 14:01

Jean wrote:Interesting indeed that the Madeleine McCann story rates as an iconic moment rather than say the Soham girls or Sarah Payne.

Maybe it's because - dare I say it - at present it remains unsolved and a mystery.

IMO it will remain notorious long after it has been solved and the perpetrators brought to justice, for the simple reason that it is one of the most bizarre cases ever. In fact, it will remain a part of criminal history forever because it represents a pivotal moment in the development of how society manages the relationship between the interests of the private citizen, freedom of expression, the role of the media and the Internet when dealing with a major crime. Looking at the scale of the PR campaign, the millions that have apparently been squandered by the fund on legal activities to suppress legitimate criticism by concerned citizens and the media whilst ostensibly being used for a search, as well as the involvement of well-known personalities and government ministers et al, nothing else comes even remotely close.
T4two

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Internet

Post by Guest on 11.03.12 16:33

@T4two wrote:
Jean wrote:Interesting indeed that the Madeleine McCann story rates as an iconic moment rather than say the Soham girls or Sarah Payne.

IMO it will remain notorious long after it has been solved and the perpetrators brought to justice, for the simple reason that it is one of the most bizarre cases ever. In fact, it will remain a part of criminal history forever because it represents a pivotal moment in the development of how society manages the relationship between the interests of the private citizen, freedom of expression, the role of the media and the Internet when dealing with a major crime. Looking at the scale of the PR campaign, the millions that have apparently been squandered by the fund on legal activities to suppress legitimate criticism by concerned citizens and the media whilst ostensibly being used for a search, as well as the involvement of well-known personalities and government ministers et al, nothing else comes even remotely close.

Also, it may be the first time a community of responsible and concerned anonymous citizens took it upon themselves to keep following developments and bring the perpetrators to justice, regardless of time or money spent, NO MATTER WHAT

This is a first for the Internet: you cannot hide, Truth will overtake you.

Back to top Go down

Post by justme3 on 11.03.12 16:45

Before I say what I am going to say, I want to make it clear than I don't know if the McCann's had any part in the disappearance of their daughter. What I DO know is, there have been many lies and inconsistencies. Those of us who have been following this case from the very beginning will know what they are, suffice to say “jemmied shutters, and locked doors” to name but two. So putting the McCann’s to one side for the moment, let’s concentrate on the disappearance of a child.

If it had been my child who had disappeared on that fateful night, I would have BEGGED for a reconstruction, giving my entire support, and answering every question I possibly could. I would even have asked for another reconstruction, if the first didn’t come up with anything. I would be thinking to myself, maybe they missed something the first time.

As for “not knowing” what I was doing at a certain time AFTER my daughter went missing, I know for sure that everything would be ingrained in my mind, and it would live with me until my dying day.

So, back to the McCann’s. Now is their chance to get all their friends together, and go back to Portugal and do that reconstruction. As I have said in an earlier post, the truth has NOTHING to fear

All I want is the truth. Many people’s lives have been damaged by this case. Tony Bennett , G Amaral, to name just two. And all they have wanted is the truth and justice, like ALL decent, law-abiding people.

“All truth goes through three stages. First it is ridiculed. Then it is violently opposed. Finally, it is accepted as self-evident.”- Schoepenhouer

justme3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 11.03.12 17:43

@OpenMind wrote:Please forgive me if this is in totally the wrong place but wasn't sure where to put it. I am a long-time follower of the case and newish to this forum, this being the first topic I have personally started. I feel the need to share an observation.

It was my wedding anniversary this weekend and I went to an exhibition at the O2 in London. We visitted the British Music Experience (BME), a series of interactive exhibits detaling the history of british music. One of the main parts is the timelines where you can see historical musical news from that year and a few very historically significant general news articals also. To give you an idea of the calibre of these news articles the musical ones included the death of Michael Jackson, the Take That reunion etc, whilst the general ones included only very significant events such as the wedding of Charles and Diana, the London bombings the forming of the coalition government. Well my point is that I nearly fell over in complete surprise when 2007 included a little entry that we here will find familiar - yes, you've guessed it "Madeleine Mccan goes missing whilst on holiday in Portugal" As all articles were one liners that was it along with an image. Tried to save it to my "e-ticket" to share here but it would not. Found it very curious that it was rated as important as the other news topics and have puzzling about it since.

Music is a timeline in our lives. How often do we hear a piece of music that sparks a memory, an emotion, a vision of what we were doing in our lives at the time. Shocking news of the death of a famous person also does that i.e. what were you doing when you received the news Elvis/JFK/Princess Diana died etc. The fact that we can often remember clearly what we were doing when these things happened to people who who are not related to us is incredible. There is also another timeline in our lives that sparks clear memories i.e. the day your mother/father/close relative/friend/ beloved pet died.

Isn't it astonishing that the T9 have differing accounts of what they were doing on that fateful day when someone close to them, not a celeb or a world leader, or the outbreak of a war, but a little girl who they know, especially as she disappeared in such extraordinary circumstances is unfathomable imo.
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenMind on 11.03.12 21:07

Thanks Jean for the link, strangely can't find any entries for mm there either.

I agree that there are several other missing children cases such as those you named that could be argued as more significant in that they lead to changes in the law to protect all children.

An unoffical change from this case may be that people of greater means now feel able to leave children unattended without worrying about retribution. nah

I also agree that the public interest in this case is still very high (although strangely spilt clean in two). I just hope that I live to see a time wen common sense prevails and all the hard work on this site, and others, comes to fruition, and justice is truelly done.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum