The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Madeleine's height

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Madeleine's height

Post by Guest on 17.04.12 23:17

Height and size.
The twins. It's has been bothering me, time and again, how the twins, 26 months old in PDL, could have slept in those cots. They are way too old for that, its dangerous, if they stand up, the cot will collapse or keel over.
IMO parapono

Back to top Go down

Post by Genbug on 17.04.12 23:25

parapono wrote:Height and size.
The twins. It's has been bothering me, time and again, how the twins, 26 months old in PDL, could have slept in those cots. They are way too old for that, its dangerous, if they stand up, the cot will collapse or keel over.
IMO parapono

Not just in your opinion parapono! I honestly don't see how they could have slept comfortably in them, there is no way my grandchildren would have slept in one at that age, especially as the older types (which they were) usually recommended that they were only for children up to 18 months. I'm surprised that Mark Warner actually got it past health and safety and were allowed to allocate them for children of the twins age.

Genbug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 18.04.12 8:09

@Genbug wrote:
parapono wrote:Height and size.
IMO parapono

Not just in your opinion parapono! I honestly don't see how they could have slept comfortably in them, there is no way my grandchildren would have slept in one at that age, especially as the older types (which they were) usually recommended that they were only for children up to 18 months. I'm surprised that Mark Warner actually got it past health and safety and were allowed to allocate them for children of the twins age.

I personally don't believe the twins slept in those cots. There is something odd about the shunting around of the cots that seems to have gone on and the cleaner seeing one in the parents room but they denying it.

Anyway I think the twins may have slept in the bed under the window..with one empty cot remaining in the room and the other out of the way in the parents room.... But in order to make an abduction by window scenario fly, you couldn't say the twins slept in the bed as any abductor would have disturbed that bed clambering in and out.... so instead the cot from the parents room was moved back to the bedroom and the twins ware said to have slept in the cots.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 18.04.12 8:28

stewie 'were said to have slept in those cots' no not totally correct imo. The twins were in those cots when the first GNR men arrived, or?
The statement of the OC reception? lady, that handed the 2 by 2 photographs of Madeleine to the police,
it might be found in her statement. Ill have a look.
parapono

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 18.04.12 8:34

parapono wrote:stewie 'were said to have slept in those cots' no not totally correct imo. The twins were in those cots when the first GNR men arrived, or?
The statement of the OC reception? lady, that handed the 2 by 2 photographs of Madeleine to the police,
parapono

I'll have a look too . I think they were seen in the cots after the fact with no bedding on the cots at all.. which suggests to me the cots were not used and hastily set the scene of cots with twins after the fact.

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 18.04.12 8:35

parapono wrote:stewie 'were said to have slept in those cots' no not totally correct imo. The twins were in those cots when the first GNR men arrived, or?
parapono

But the police noticed there were no sheets in the cots - which they found strange, naturally. If the abductor came through the window he'd have stepped on the twins. Kate says she slept in that bed the previous night because she was annoyed with Gerry.
So the cots and Kate sleeping in the bed simply to cover up that the twins slept there? So that the window story would work? fan

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 18.04.12 9:57

I do not believe the twins slept in cots, I believe they slept in beds. The cots might have had a use as bed guards if moved right next to the beds to prevent the twins rolling on to the floor, as I do not see traditional bed guards for those single beds. Maybe why the room looked so cramped, out of necessity.
I also believe cuddle cat was taken to bed by Amelie not Madeleine, but that is another story and based on the photos of the younger girl carrying it around after May 3rd. I do not believe for a minute that Kate would give her missing daughter's favourite beloved cuddly toy to her little sister in those circumstances. I believe it was a night- time comforter and why there would have been no problem for Mummy to take it for use as a prop during daytime.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 18.04.12 10:32

There was a lot of moving of furniture when they arrived. It seems the room where the twins slept, already had the two single beds pushed together to make a double, and the room where the McCanns slept had two single beds apart, which they then pushed together. This room had the cots in originally, and there were 3 cots.

Question......... why on earth separate the two singles in one room, and push together the singles in another room. Why not just use the room where the singles already made a double bed? From KM's statement......................

KM witness statement 6the September 2007

When questioned about the apartment’s layout, she said that on the first day the moved the furniture: they moved the two cots out of their bedroom and put them in the other one, where the children were to sleep, after they pushed the two single beds in that bedroom apart. They also pushed the two single beds in their bedroom together. She presumes that the cots, when in their bedroom, were at the beds’ bottom.

She mentions that when she arrived there not two, but three cots, in the same spot, and she believes that one was lent to the Payne family

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id192.html#sta1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 18.04.12 11:01

candyfloss wrote:There was a lot of moving of furniture when they arrived. It seems the room where the twins slept, already had the two single beds pushed together to make a double, and the room where the McCanns slept had two single beds apart, which they then pushed together. This room had the cots in originally, and there were 3 cots.

Question......... why on earth separate the two singles in one room, and push together the singles in another room. Why not just use the room where the singles already made a double bed? From KM's statement......................

KM witness statement 6the September 2007

When questioned about the apartment’s layout, she said that on the first day the moved the furniture: they moved the two cots out of their bedroom and put them in the other one, where the children were to sleep, after they pushed the two single beds in that bedroom apart. They also pushed the two single beds in their bedroom together. She presumes that the cots, when in their bedroom, were at the beds’ bottom.

She mentions that when she arrived there not two, but three cots, in the same spot, and she believes that one was lent to the Payne family

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id192.html#sta1

The parents bedroom had patio doors that led to a small terrace area so a parent concerned for their children's safety would be concerned about the children being able to open the door.. Then again a parent concerned for their children's safety wouldn't leave them alone at all for hours at night whilst eating and drinking elsewhere with doors unlocked....

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum