The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Very useful marketing tools

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Very useful marketing tools

Post by tigger on 21.02.12 20:06

1)Coloboma:

Feature will be linked to an iconic photograph and the name ‘Madeleine’
Only a child with this face and this feature is Madeleine.

The publicity is worldwide and 10 million hits are received on the website in the first few weeks.
Therefore: sightings of ‘Madeleine’ are likely to be in the thousands.
This will take unnecessary time which can be better spent generating money for the “Fighting Fund’.

The Coloboma is therefore not only a useful ‘trigger’ for the public, there will be no need to personally travel anywhere to ascertain whether the reported sighting is Madeleine.
No Coloboma, no Madeleine.

In 2011 this requirement changed:

Due to fading public interest the coloboma has now ceased to exist. Reports of recent sightings are very rare and the hope is that by erasing the coloboma and releasing a portrait of Madeleine as she might look now, aged 8/9 will generate new sightings.

This will give sufficient opportunities for pointless journeys to various places and tearful statements for the assembled press that the child in question isn’t Madeleine. If these sightings are timed right, the trademark could stay in the headlines for some time. Free publicity and it will help sell a recent account of the truth - a book with the trademark name: Madeleine

2)Football shirts from loosely related football clubs.
The photograph of two young girls in their new Manchester football club shirts is already etched in the public’s memory.
Any photograph of Madeleine in such a shirt, (Celtic Rangers or Everton) will make a subconscious impact on the public. As no such photograph was available in the required pose, we had it photoshopped.

3)the Celtic card:
Since this is a worldwide launch of the trademark ‘Madeleine’ and there is a strong Scottish connection, the Irish connection should not be ignored.
The US has an enormous Irish population who should be included in this project.
Therefore we have given an interview to the Belfast Times which firmly puts us in the hearts and minds of all Irish people all over the world.
In Canada there are a larger number of Scottish immigrants who must not be ignored.

4)We have registered the domain name of Cuddlecat. This may prove to be a useful source of income in the future as soon as we can remember where we bought the damn thing in the first place.....

And so on - wristbands/ calendars/ etc./linking to Harry Potter and Dr.Who....

Back to top Go down

Re: Very useful marketing tools

Post by aquila on 21.02.12 20:30

@tigger wrote:1)Coloboma:

Feature will be linked to an iconic photograph and the name ‘Madeleine’
Only a child with this face and this feature is Madeleine.

The publicity is worldwide and 10 million hits are received on the website in the first few weeks.
Therefore: sightings of ‘Madeleine’ are likely to be in the thousands.
This will take unnecessary time which can be better spent generating money for the “Fighting Fund’.

The Coloboma is therefore not only a useful ‘trigger’ for the public, there will be no need to personally travel anywhere to ascertain whether the reported sighting is Madeleine.
No Coloboma, no Madeleine.

In 2011 this requirement changed:

Due to fading public interest the coloboma has now ceased to exist. Reports of recent sightings are very rare and the hope is that by erasing the coloboma and releasing a portrait of Madeleine as she might look now, aged 8/9 will generate new sightings.

This will give sufficient opportunities for pointless journeys to various places and tearful statements for the assembled press that the child in question isn’t Madeleine. If these sightings are timed right, the trademark could stay in the headlines for some time. Free publicity and it will help sell a recent account of the truth - a book with the trademark name: Madeleine

2)Football shirts from loosely related football clubs.
The photograph of two young girls in their new Manchester football club shirts is already etched in the public’s memory.
Any photograph of Madeleine in such a shirt, (Celtic Rangers or Everton) will make a subconscious impact on the public. As no such photograph was available in the required pose, we had it photoshopped.

3)the Celtic card:
Since this is a worldwide launch of the trademark ‘Madeleine’ and there is a strong Scottish connection, the Irish connection should not be ignored.
The US has an enormous Irish population who should be included in this project.
Therefore we have given an interview to the Belfast Times which firmly puts us in the hearts and minds of all Irish people all over the world.
In Canada there are a larger number of Scottish immigrants who must not be ignored.

4)We have registered the domain name of Cuddlecat. This may prove to be a useful source of income in the future as soon as we can remember where we bought the damn thing in the first place.....

And so on - wristbands/ calendars/ etc./linking to Harry Potter and Dr.Who....

Tigger, what a brilliant post.

The Celtic slant is so true. There's also the Catholic appeal. Nice green/yellow wristbands, a visit to the Pope splashed all over the newspapers (those newspapers who had to pay damages) and another angle is covered.

The Liverpudlian connection with the football shirt and that should get a few more on board.

Sitting on Oprah's sofa - what a scoop.

Sitting on Lorraine Kelly's sofa to appeal to the soft, kind-hearted ordinary mums, dads and grandparents whilst peddling the 'travel pack' - absolute genius.

Photoshoot outside the Whitehouse.

Shoe-horning oneself into the LI - and hammering home the 'mentally raped' theme - it all adds to the strategy.

Photoshoot with other parents of missing children holding pictures of their missing children whilst yours is bigger than theirs and you are on centre stage (yuk)

'Fun Runs'

There are more and more of these...I'll leave it to others to add.

Of course, it is only my opinion that I find it extraordinary parents of other missing children have no marketing strategy on this level...but then again I'm not supposed to have an opinion, I'm supposed to swallow it all and send a few pounds to the Fund or buy a book.

Once again Tigger, a great post.
aquila

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie on 21.02.12 21:10

Brilliant post Tigger!

Marketing Madeleine = Money!

Ollie

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 21.02.12 21:19

Well weren't the distraught parents so abundantly fortunate to be in the embrace of such a commercially minded support network who had their eyes on the wider agenda from the outset. It's just unfortunate that by their own admission they don't like the limelight and the attention! Imagine how much more we could have seen them had they actually thrived on being in the spotlight. Ah well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on 21.02.12 21:24

Nice work tigger, you describe the 'Celtic card' very well. I understand that New Zealand has a large celtic population too?

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy

Back to top Go down

Riddles

Post by Guest on 21.02.12 21:26

Assuming for a moment there once was someone called Madeleine Bethe McCann, then:

1. where is she now?
2. who benefitted from her apparently not now being amongst us?
3. who was the last person to speak to her?
4. who saw her last?
5. what ailed her, explaining her un-childlike walled eyes?

Can ANYONE testify to having seen her in Portugal at all?

(Parents, Tapas excluded)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ross on 21.02.12 21:31

There was the 50 days, the 100 days, the one year anniversaries. David Beckham, the England football team lining up wearing t-shirts before a match, the projection onto Marble Arch, the calendar, the mockumentary. Then the book, soon the paperback and who knows at what point the movie?
Ross

Back to top Go down

Marketing Products and their effectiveness

Post by aquila on 21.02.12 21:33

At the risk (I always feel the risk of having an opinion re the McCanns) of being CR'd, I want to ask people what usefulness the products of the marketing campaign for the fund actually have in the hope of finding Madeleine?

I've asked a few times on this forum has anyone actually seen a car sticker? and if they do does it make a difference?

Would anyone seeing a green and yellow high quality wrist-band associate it with Madeleine?

Has anyone seen a poster?

Has anyone stood in an airport and seen a luggage tag?

I am really interested to know what impact these products have. Almost five years on and they are still being offered for sale.

You see, it's my opinion that these products are of little use other than to generate funds. A person sitting in a traffic jam may glimpse at a car sticker but is probably too anxious to get out of the traffic for it to make a difference (I'm not going into the subliminal suggestion thing). With all the various charities (yes, charities with fairly transparent accounting unlike a fund) offering pink bows, wrist-bands, badges etc it seems to me that the market is flooded and the whole thing is diluted, especially as we are living in a blingy world nowadays. The difference with the breast-cancer etc charities is they have specific days for support, when it is brought into mind the need to support that or any particular charity that uses this awareness strategy. Posters are a waste of time IMO after an initial burst. Luggage tags, well most people I know don't use them. This is the age of bar-coding, you don't actually need a luggage tag and if you do insist on having one it's unlikely to have a charitable theme and you're in an airport, queuing for a flight and then when you arrive your cases are stored.

So I'd like to know how effective these Madeleine 'products' are and why after almost five years they are still on sale.

I'm adding as usual. The fact the newspapers are now dumbed down by TM, the free promotion of Madeleine's picture has been compromised beyond belief IMO. So, TM what a shot in the foot is that for 'raising awareness'. Nowadays, the only press coverage I see is K and G bleeting about their bad treatment.
aquila

Back to top Go down

Quite

Post by Guest on 21.02.12 21:46

@aquila wrote:At the risk (I always feel the risk of having an opinion re the McCanns) of being CR'd, I want to ask people what usefulness the products of the marketing campaign for the fund actually have in the hope of finding Madeleine?

I've asked a few times on this forum has anyone actually seen a car sticker? and if they do does it make a difference?

Would anyone seeing a green and yellow high quality wrist-band associate it with Madeleine?

I am really interested to know what impact these products have. Almost five years on and they are still being offered for sale.

You see, it's my opinion that these products are of little use other than to generate funds. A person sitting in a traffic jam may glimpse at a car sticker but is probably too anxious to get out of the traffic for it to make a difference (I'm not going into the subliminal suggestion thing). With all the various charities (yes, charities with fairly transparent accounting unlike a fund) offering pink bows, wrist-bands, badges etc it seems to me that the market is flooded and the whole thing is diluted, especially as we are living in a blingy world nowadays. The difference with the breast-cancer etc charities is they have specific days for support, when it is brought into mind the need to support that or any particular charity that uses this awareness strategy. Posters are a waste of time IMO after an initial burst. Luggage tags, well most people I know don't use them. This is the age of bar-coding, you don't actually need a luggage tag and if you do insist on having one it's unlikely to have a charitable theme and you're in an airport, queuing for a flight and then when you arrive your cases are stored.

So I'd like to know how effective these Madeleine 'products' are and why after almost five years they are still on sale.

I'm adding as usual. The fact the newspapers are now dumbed down by TM, the free promotion of Madeleine's picture has been compromised beyond belief IMO. So, TM what a shot in the foot is that for 'raising awareness'. Nowadays, the only press coverage I see is K and G bleeting about their bad treatment.

Dr. Amarals book created an interest.

'Madeleine' created just utter boredom

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 21.02.12 21:50

@Ross wrote:There was the 50 days, the 100 days, the one year anniversaries. David Beckham, the England football team lining up wearing t-shirts before a match, the projection onto Marble Arch, the calendar, the mockumentary. Then the book, soon the paperback and who knows at what point the movie?

An excellent post Ross. Where are the public celeb endorsements now?
aquila

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie on 21.02.12 21:54

@aquila wrote:At the risk (I always feel the risk of having an opinion re the McCanns) of being CR'd, I want to ask people what usefulness the products of the marketing campaign for the fund actually have in the hope of finding Madeleine?

I saw a car sticker last year, November or December I think. If I hadn't been a member of this forum I don't think it would have even registered to be honest. It was the first one I had ever seen.

Ollie

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 21.02.12 22:00

Ollie: "I saw a car sticker last year, November or December I think. If I hadn't been a member of this fotorum I don't think it would have even registered to be honest. It was the first one I had ever seen"

It's amazing isn't it Ollie? With all the top-notch expertise at TM's disposal and yet the same old 'product line' is still being spewed forth. You are the first person I know to have seen a car sticker. I ask everyone I know in UK whether they've ever encountered one and the answer is NO.
aquila

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie on 21.02.12 22:03

@aquila wrote:Ollie: "I saw a car sticker last year, November or December I think. If I hadn't been a member of this fotorum I don't think it would have even registered to be honest. It was the first one I had ever seen"

It's amazing isn't it Ollie? With all the top-notch expertise at TM's disposal and yet the same old 'product line' is still being spewed forth. You are the first person I know to have seen a car sticker. I ask everyone I know in UK whether they've ever encountered one and the answer is NO.

The day I saw it I posted on this forum that I had seen it. I did wonder if it might of been one of Kate's relatives as I am in Liverpool!

Ollie

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on 21.02.12 22:05

Celtic angle again. The 100 Million e-mails reportedly sent worldwide.

"Philomena revealed that the community in St. Johnston have sent their
support. She said that a brother-in-law of Liam Toland from the local
bookmakers works for Microsoft and had arranged for 100 million emails
to be sent worldwide."That will make a phenomenal impact," she said."

http://themaddiecasefiles.com/topic11119.html

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 21.02.12 22:09

@Daisy wrote:Celtic angle again. The 1 Million e-mails reportedly sent worldwide.

That might very probably be illegal, under the Protection of Data Acts which exist across the world.

PeterMac
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on 21.02.12 22:20

@PeterMac wrote:
@Daisy wrote:Celtic angle again. The 1 Million e-mails reportedly sent worldwide.

That might very probably be illegal, under the Protection of Data Acts which exist across the world.

Really? Do you mean a crime on how the e-mail addresses might have been obtained, passed on?

& sorry above figure quoted is meant to say 100 Million not 1 Million.

Unknown

Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy

Back to top Go down

Post by delly55 on 21.02.12 22:34

Just noticed a pic of madeleine on my facebook news feed. It was a shared pic asking for help in finding Maddie and asking for people to pass it on...

Wall Photos
Please read this message and pass it on!!!!!!!!! As you are aware my niece, Madeleine, is still missing and I am asking everyone I know to send this as a chain letter i.e. you send it to everyone you know and ask them to do the same, as the story is only being covered in Britain, Eire and Portugal. We don't believe that she is in Portugal anymore and need to get her picture and the story across Europe as quickly as possible. Suggestions are welcome. Phil McCann
by: Dawn McColl

i don\'t know

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 21.02.12 23:07

I don't know how this has surfaced again now Delly55. It was circulated as an e-mail within two weeks of Madeleine's "disappearance". I received it at work and passed it on to people I knew who were going abroad! Oh to have known then what I know now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique on 22.02.12 0:34

I think we have to absorb the idea that Madeleine - the child - was " a product" as far as the parents were concerned after she disappeared. I have come realise that, infact, it could have been pre-planned. And how best does one sell a product if the real thing cannot be bought - by buying reminders of it.

Portia

I do wonder if she was actually in PdL at all but worringly - did GA realise that she may not have been.

ETA It is the video of the bus at the Airport when Madeleine slips that is interesting. If this was your child would you say her name or would you say "Dear"?

Back to top Go down

Post by T4two on 22.02.12 0:49

aquila: Of course, it is only my opinion that I find it extraordinary parents of other missing children have no marketing strategy on this level....

It could be that the parents of other missing children cling to the hope that at any moment their child will reappear. It could be that every time there is a knock on the door or every time the doorbell is rung, every time the phone or the mobile rings , every time the dog barks or the sound of a child's laughter is heard from the street, that the hearts of the parents of other missing children miss a beat and they rush to the phone or run to door hoping hope against hope that a miracle is about to happen and the nightmare will end. How long does this go on for? A month? A year? five years? A lifetime?

It could be that the parents of other missing children just cannot bring themselves to plan for more than a day ahead, or even an hour, or perhaps even for the next five minutes. It could be that the parents of other missing children cannot come to terms with the fact that no matter what the circumstances of the disappearance were, their child depended upon them for its safety and that they have let their child down. No matter how often friends or family members tell them that they have no reason to blame themselves, it could be that parents of other missing children do blame themselves and feel ashamed. It could be that the parents of other missing children shun the public gaze for that reason.
It could it be that the parents of other missing children listen to the police and follow police advice and therefore undertake nothing which could increase the danger that their child is in. It could be that they support the police search for their child. It could be that they have every confidence in the police and do not feel any necessity to conduct their own investigation and possibly distract from police efforts to find their child. It could be that the parents of other missing children find the idea of turning their child into a commodity and trade marking its name, or copyrighting its photograph abhorrent. It could be that the notion of engaging a spokesperson to disseminate information to the media is equally alien.

Then again, it could be that the parents of other missing children have only the one thought on their minds; the thought of their child and the unbearable fear that it could be suffering. One thought, every waking minute of every day, perhaps even when they are asleep. How long does this state of mind continue? Does it ever end? It could be that for the parents of other missing children it never ends. It could be that for them, as long as their child is missing, nothing else matters. But what do I know? I have never been in such a situation. Try as I may, I cannot even begin to imagine what it would be like.
T4two

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on 22.02.12 0:53

@Angelique wrote:
Portia

I do wonder if she was actually in PdL at all but worringly - did GA realise that she may not have been.

I have to say, I have seen no absolute proof that 'Madeleine' was in PDL either. I don't trust the majority of the witness statements because I think that holiday was some kind of 'closed shop' for professionals.

I remember reading a report or statement? from someone who claimed the complex was virtually deserted that week, only 60 odd people there. I can't find the info right now, can any one else recall reading this?

Unknown

Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ross on 22.02.12 0:54

@Angelique wrote:I think we have to absorb the idea that Madeleine - the child - was " a product" as far as the parents were concerned after she disappeared. I have come realise that, infact, it could have been pre-planned. And how best does one sell a product if the real thing cannot be bought - by buying reminders of it.

Portia

ETA It is the video of the bus at the Airport when Madeleine slips that is interesting. If this was your child would you say her name or would you say "Dear"?

I don't think 'the child' is the product, because apart from the obvious sense, the one thing missing has been that child. In the parents narrative, and especially the book, Madeleine is something of a vague almost ethereal image in the background and not the core around which everything else gravitates. The immediate setting up of the company, the planning months in advance for events shows that 'Madeleine' herself, or at least her return, was not the focal point but rather it was the 'missing' that was concentrated on. What we are being sold is the 'Search', a seemingly endless abstract quest that is almost mystical in nature.

Buddha
Ross

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on 22.02.12 1:12

@T4two wrote:
aquila: Of course, it is only my opinion that I find it extraordinary parents of other missing children have no marketing strategy on this level....

It could be that the parents of other missing children cling to the hope that at any moment their child will reappear. It could be that every time there is a knock on the door or every time the doorbell is rung, every time the phone or the mobile rings , every time the dog barks or the sound of a child's laughter is heard from the street, that the hearts of the parents of other missing children miss a beat and they rush to the phone or run to door hoping hope against hope that a miracle is about to happen and the nightmare will end. How long does this go on for? A month? A year? five years? A lifetime?

It could be that the parents of other missing children just cannot bring themselves to plan for more than a day ahead, or even an hour, or perhaps even for the next five minutes. It could be that the parents of other missing children cannot come to terms with the fact that no matter what the circumstances of the disappearance were, their child depended upon them for its safety and that they have let their child down. No matter how often friends or family members tell them that they have no reason to blame themselves, it could be that parents of other missing children do blame themselves and feel ashamed. It could be that the parents of other missing children shun the public gaze for that reason.
It could it be that the parents of other missing children listen to the police and follow police advice and therefore undertake nothing which could increase the danger that their child is in. It could be that they support the police search for their child. It could be that they have every confidence in the police and do not feel any necessity to conduct their own investigation and possibly distract from police efforts to find their child. It could be that the parents of other missing children find the idea of turning their child into a commodity and trade marking its name, or copyrighting its photograph abhorrent. It could be that the notion of engaging a spokesperson to disseminate information to the media is equally alien.

Then again, it could be that the parents of other missing children have only the one thought on their minds; the thought of their child and the unbearable fear that it could be suffering. One thought, every waking minute of every day, perhaps even when they are asleep. How long does this state of mind continue? Does it ever end? It could be that for the parents of other missing children it never ends. It could be that for them, as long as their child is missing, nothing else matters. But what do I know? I have never been in such a situation. Try as I may, I cannot even begin to imagine what it would be like.

A boy went missing from my neck of the woods the same year as Madeleine. His name is Andrew Gosden, I've posted about him here before. This is the 'experts' conclusion on Andrew.

"AN EXPERT has warned the family of missing Doncaster teenager Andrew
Gosden he is probably dead - and that they may never find his body."

Andrew was 14 yr old & described as a "self contained - intellectual type" why should 'experts' say he's dead when surely there's more chance of him being alive than a helpless 4 yr old child?

Source for quote above: http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/missing_youth_andrew_gosden_feared_dead_1_3562629

Unknown

Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 22.02.12 2:27

These tiny products like waistbands,stickers and what not are not for generating fund. They are just useful PR campaign exercise tools playing pretense they were reaching out to the masses to engage them in their search. If they were determine to find her shouldn't these products be given out free of charge, using community such as schools or libraries or even churches, or whatever as vehicles for circulation - this would be seen as genuine efforts to find her. Asking people to buy these PR promotion products paid for by donors money in the first place is just greedy because effectively they are profiting twice from the public. They are making donors money grow for them - which begs the question : is that the correct way to go about if their true intention is to find Maddie?

If the mccanns had at the very least paid for these small items out of their pocket, and given them out free of charge, that would have gone a long way towards their story credibility. IMHO.

BTW: Have people come across distraught, devastated parents of missing children not spend a penny on their own money in their search? One would have thought a genuine search is when you're willing to use every disposable penny you have got and get your arse out there to search and not just shot off your gob hidden behind prints of press or bewk.

aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by T4two on 22.02.12 9:29

@Daisy wrote:
@T4two wrote:

A boy went missing from my neck of the woods the same year as Madeleine. His name is Andrew Gosden, I've posted about him here before. This is the 'experts' conclusion on Andrew.

"AN EXPERT has warned the family of missing Doncaster teenager Andrew
Gosden he is probably dead - and that they may never find his body."

Andrew was 14 yr old & described as a "self contained - intellectual type" why should 'experts' say he's dead when surely there's more chance of him being alive than a helpless 4 yr old child?

Source for quote above: http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/missing_youth_andrew_gosden_feared_dead_1_3562629

Weren't the British experts Mark Harrison and Lee Rainbow of the opinion that Madeleine was probably dead, way back in July or August 2007? Didn't Lee Rainbow say that it was probably a homicide and that the parents were not in the clear? Wasn't it on the recommendation of Mark Harrison that search dogs specialized in locating human remains were brought in? Not familiar with the case you have introduced but, it took the experts only a couple of months to come to their opinion in the case of Madeleine, whereas in the case of the 14 year old it seems to have taken them several years. I guess these things are based a lot on logical thought processes. Having determined that no abduction took place and no doubt observed the anomalies in the witnesses' statements, the opinion in the case of a little girl not yet 4 years old, that she was probably dead, was not a very difficult one to reach if you've been confronted with this kind of situation many times before - I tend to believe that the dogs' reactions supported the experts 100%. Unfortunately in the case of a 14 year old who it appears left home voluntarily and was seen on CCTV at a London mainline station it is probably a bit more difficult. Interesting the parents' reaction in each case. Whereas the parents of the 14 year old actually called for the expertise themselves and are prepared to come to terms with its findings, the parents of the 4 year old opted to pooh pooh the experts and attempted to rubbish the dogs. Perhaps it was because those busybody experts and their bl**dy dogs threatened to derail the plans for the 100 day vigil, the Xmas video, the 1000 day celebrity bash, the diary serialization, the suing of the media, the mother's book of anguish and dispair etc. etc. or have I just become too cynical?
T4two

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum