The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Pat Brown - What about the Window

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Pat Brown - What about the Window

Post by Daisy on 23.02.12 18:14

@Cheshire Cat wrote:

No, a reconstruction, to jog memories is what is needed and SY should have made that their priority.

A photofit of the suspect witnessed by the Smith party should also have been taken & circulated. I don't understand why one was never done? Surely it would have been more helpful than some of the ridiculous witness photofits they have released.

____________________
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”   

Unknown


“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche
avatar
Daisy

Posts : 1245
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Yorkshire, England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown - What about the Window

Post by russiandoll on 23.02.12 18:18

@Daisy wrote:
@Cheshire Cat wrote:

No, a reconstruction, to jog memories is what is needed and SY should have made that their priority.

A photofit of the suspect witnessed by the Smith party should have been taken & circulated. I don't understand why one was never done? Surely it would have been more helpful than some of the ridiculous witness photofits they have released.

could not agree more and am v puzzled as to why one was not issued.

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

avatar
russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown - What about the Window

Post by rainbow-fairy on 24.02.12 8:01

@russiandoll wrote:
@rainbow-fairy wrote:From the Algarve 123 article -
"So what’s the bottom line? Will this case ever be solved? “If it could be proved that Gerry McCann was at the dinner table in the Tapas restaurant between 9.15 and 9.55” (when a man looking apparently very much like Gerry McCann was seen by an Irish family carrying a child in pink pyjamas over his shoulder as he walked in the direction of the beach) “then that would be proof that there was an abduction”.

I'm afraid to say I think Pat's 'burden of proof' is ridiculously low. I don't see how proving Gerry was at the table proves an abduction? Seems to me she has made a couple of fatal assumptions;
1)The Smith sighting is genuine,
2)Correct that it was Gerry
3)The carried child was Madeleine

If all points above were 100% verified, then yes, I'd agree with her but how could you possibly verify them?
What does 'Gerry at dinner Table' prove?
A: Nothing! Maddie could've been moved by any of the other Tapas, person unknown to us but not the T9, or maybe (and most likely, IMO) Maddie was already in another location by the night of the 3rd!
I've done my best to explain my thinking here but I've only just woken up, so if I've made a big muck-up please put me right!
I admire Pat, greatly, but tbh if these are her conclusions then I'm very disappointed...


no muck up , my dear. I think exactly the same.
Disappointing indeed , can only hope that the full context of this is made clear and there is some additional info to add to these assumptions, because as you say, a v low burden of proof and makes me think perhaps not reported in full the way it was initially by PB. She is usually incisive, she herself would have made the comments you did after reading that piece, it is exactly the kind of thing she would have dimsantled with logic.
Thank you for the back-up, russiandoll, means a lot...
I've thought more about this, slept on it, and I still can't see what proving Gerry to be at the table proves?
First, you would have to prove that Smith saw Madeleine being carried. If it wasn't her, then proof of where Gerry was or wasn't becomes irrelevant. You would also need to have established beyond doubt that the McCann's were utterly truthful up to that point, ie they put all three kids to bed and left them... Do we know for SURE Maddie was in 5A at all to be 'abducted' anyway? If not, all proving Gerry was at the table proves that Smiths did NOT see Gerry - doesn't prove Maddie was abducted, yet nor does it prove she wasn't...
I don't think a reconstruction is the best way to get to the truth. A starting point, yes, BUT imo the ONLY way of getting to the truth is re-interviewing the T9, under caution. Without their previous statements as a crib card. No kid gloves, no prompts. A child is missing, these adults are all covering up something IMO and they should be interviewed as hard as needed.

____________________
"Ask the dogs, Sandra" - Gerry McCann to Sandra Felgueiras



Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.
avatar
rainbow-fairy

Posts : 1971
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2011-05-26
Age : 43
Location : going round in circles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown - What about the Window

Post by rainbow-fairy on 24.02.12 8:04

@russiandoll wrote:
@rainbow-fairy wrote:From the Algarve 123 article -
"So what’s the bottom line? Will this case ever be solved? “If it could be proved that Gerry McCann was at the dinner table in the Tapas restaurant between 9.15 and 9.55” (when a man looking apparently very much like Gerry McCann was seen by an Irish family carrying a child in pink pyjamas over his shoulder as he walked in the direction of the beach) “then that would be proof that there was an abduction”.

I'm afraid to say I think Pat's 'burden of proof' is ridiculously low. I don't see how proving Gerry was at the table proves an abduction? Seems to me she has made a couple of fatal assumptions;
1)The Smith sighting is genuine,
2)Correct that it was Gerry
3)The carried child was Madeleine

If all points above were 100% verified, then yes, I'd agree with her but how could you possibly verify them?
What does 'Gerry at dinner Table' prove?
A: Nothing! Maddie could've been moved by any of the other Tapas, person unknown to us but not the T9, or maybe (and most likely, IMO) Maddie was already in another location by the night of the 3rd!
I've done my best to explain my thinking here but I've only just woken up, so if I've made a big muck-up please put me right!
I admire Pat, greatly, but tbh if these are her conclusions then I'm very disappointed...


no muck up , my dear. I think exactly the same.
Disappointing indeed , can only hope that the full context of this is made clear and there is some additional info to add to these assumptions, because as you say, a v low burden of proof and makes me think perhaps not reported in full the way it was initially by PB. She is usually incisive, she herself would have made the comments you did after reading that piece, it is exactly the kind of thing she would have dimsantled with logic.
Thank you for the back-up, russiandoll, means a lot...
I've thought more about this, slept on it, and I still can't see what proving Gerry to be at the table proves?
First, you would have to prove that Smith saw Madeleine being carried. If it wasn't her, then proof of where Gerry was or wasn't becomes irrelevant. You would also need to have established beyond doubt that the McCann's were utterly truthful up to that point, ie they put all three kids to bed and left them... Do we know for SURE Maddie was in 5A at all to be 'abducted' anyway? If not, all proving Gerry was at the table proves that Smiths did NOT see Gerry - doesn't prove Maddie was abducted, yet nor does it prove she wasn't...
I don't think a reconstruction is the best way to get to the truth. A starting point, yes, BUT imo the ONLY way of getting to the truth is re-interviewing the T9, under caution. Without their previous statements as a crib card. No kid gloves, no prompts. A child is missing, these adults are all covering up something IMO and they should be interviewed as hard as needed.

____________________
"Ask the dogs, Sandra" - Gerry McCann to Sandra Felgueiras



Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.
avatar
rainbow-fairy

Posts : 1971
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2011-05-26
Age : 43
Location : going round in circles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown - What about the Window

Post by tigger on 24.02.12 8:08

Just as an example: http://www.steelmagnolia-mccannarchives.blogspot.com/2011/08/jeremy-wilkins-with-his-daughter.html

And from Brigid: Going back to that article written by Bridget O'donnell she says:
"There was a warm camaraderie among the parents, a shared happy
weariness and deadpan banter. Our children made friends in the kiddie club and
at the drop-off, we would joke about the fact that there were 10 blonde
three-year-old girls in the group."


That never was Madeleine imo. An abductor with a blonde girl of about 3 was what was required. Not that I think it was JW.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
avatar
tigger

Posts : 8114
Reputation : 48
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown - What about the Window

Post by aiyoyo on 24.02.12 12:41

@Cheshire Cat wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:From that, I would say it appears Pat Brown gives credibility to Smith's sighted man as "Gerry".

Would the Smith family, if subjected to re-interview, stick to their conviction? If not, where does that leave Pat Brown's theory?

For example, if proven Gerry was neither at the table nor positively identified as Smith's "man" ...what then?

No abduction and mccanns not involved...?



Pat Brown does indeed give credibility to the Smiths sighted man as "Gerry". Which I think is a good thing because Mr Smith appears to be a very credible witness.

Err....I think that is very subjective. On what basis do you say Smith is a credible witness.
No one knows whether the Police had in fact eliminated the man.
After Amaral was taken off the case, we dont know what he successor were looking at in terms of evidence.
Since they didn't deem it necessary to summon Smith or even have him included in the UK Rog interview it may be that investigators post Amaral might not have given enough credence to Smith sighting in the same manner Amaral did.
It all depends on what evidence had developed post Amaral.





Amaral and Pat say it is a reconstruction that will provide the evidence, Mr Smith provides useful information.

A reconstruction is always useful. Without having access to unreleased portion of the data who is to say Pat's analysis which incidentally and coincidentally allies with Amaral's view giving credence to Smith sighting,is not perhaps a tad shortsighted. What Pat has demonstrated is that Smith needs to be re-interviewed and Gerry's movement needs to be ascertained by reconstruction. However even if Smith's man is proven not to be Gerry, it does nothing to prove there is abduction nor that Gerry wasn't involved.
All depends what other evidence the investigators unearthed and was held back.

Say Mr Smith is further interviewed, almost five years after the event, one would expect less detail in his account about what he saw and how he felt. Even in 2007 Mr Smith could not state with 100% confidence that the man he saw was Gerry McCann.

He spoke of the similarities and the alarm he felt when he saw Gerry on the runway with child in his arms. What would further interviews achieve now? No, a reconstruction, to jog memories is what is needed and SY should have made that their priority.
avatar
aiyoyo

Posts : 9610
Reputation : 321
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown - What about the Window

Post by Nina on 24.02.12 19:39

Would someone please give me the link to Pat Brown's blog? The only link I have was when she wrote about the shutters and it doesn't update from that.

Thankyou in anticipation

____________________
Not one more cent from me.
avatar
Nina

Posts : 2861
Reputation : 334
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 74

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown - What about the Window

Post by uppatoffee on 24.02.12 20:33

avatar
uppatoffee

Posts : 626
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2011-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown - What about the Window

Post by Nina on 25.02.12 14:15


Thankyou uppatoffee, much appreciated.

____________________
Not one more cent from me.
avatar
Nina

Posts : 2861
Reputation : 334
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 74

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown - What about the Window

Post by russiandoll on 10.07.13 19:18

Please be patient and don't shout, I am suffering with heat and humidity. Going back to the very basics......in the early days of jemmied shutters, why would they need to be forced if they could be opened from inside? The window could only be used as a means of exit, couldn't it. so Mr Abductor would already be in the bedroom meaning to leave via the window.....both shutters and window to be opened from inside, naturally.
 If he managed to open shutters from outside, he would be faced with a closed window. How would he have got in? I would be shocked to learn that as well as a means of holding on to a handle and opening from inside, there was a way to open the window from the outside. I have never seen a window designed like this, has anyone else?
 So the shutters would have been forced for nothing. Did anyone ever claim the window was a point of entry?  I read a lot about it being the exit point.

  I did see photos of police climbing in, but assumed that was an exercise designed to ascertain ease of movement, height from ground level, ease of fit for average size male when window open.
 Sorry if this is a waste of time, it just seems to me not secure to have a window with a means of opening from the exterior, especially at ground level.

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

avatar
russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown - What about the Window

Post by Guest on 10.07.13 20:11

@russiandoll wrote:Please be patient and don't shout, I am suffering with heat and humidity. Going back to the very basics......in the early days of jemmied shutters, why would they need to be forced if they could be opened from inside? The window could only be used as a means of exit, couldn't it. so Mr Abductor would already be in the bedroom meaning to leave via the window.....both shutters and window to be opened from inside, naturally.
 If he managed to open shutters from outside, he would be faced with a closed window. How would he have got in? I would be shocked to learn that as well as a means of holding on to a handle and opening from inside, there was a way to open the window from the outside. I have never seen a window designed like this, has anyone else?
 So the shutters would have been forced for nothing. Did anyone ever claim the window was a point of entry?  I read a lot about it being the exit point.

  I did see photos of police climbing in, but assumed that was an exercise designed to ascertain ease of movement, height from ground level, ease of fit for average size male when window open.
 Sorry if this is a waste of time, it just seems to me not secure to have a window with a means of opening from the exterior, especially at ground level.

In Gerry's statement on 10th May he states that because they were sure the blinds couldn't be opened from the outside they never checked if the windows were locked. But what I don't get is he says it's unlikely the front door was locked. If his daughter was abducted one would think the front door is the first thing they'd have checked. If it was unlocked then anyone could leave the house from the inside without a key including Madeleine but nobody could have gained access.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown - What about the Window

Post by Guest on 10.07.13 20:19

Let's be honest: their story has more holes than a Swiss Emmenthaler cheese ...
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown - What about the Window

Post by russiandoll on 10.07.13 20:19

thank you Finn. So if shutters down no access to window.
   If shutters up and you are outside, if the bedroom window is closed but not locked, you can simply get some kind of purchase on the frame and slide the window open. Should have been obvious, sorry, am daft with the weather !

 So what did holidaymakers do on very hot nights? They would need some windows open, but closed shutters still allowed air in and gave security I gather.
 So they would have to be designed so they could not open or stay open long from outside, because your apartment would not be secure while you slept.

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

avatar
russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown - What about the Window

Post by guest. on 10.07.13 20:21

Finn wrote:
@russiandoll wrote:Please be patient and don't shout, I am suffering with heat and humidity. Going back to the very basics......in the early days of jemmied shutters, why would they need to be forced if they could be opened from inside? The window could only be used as a means of exit, couldn't it. so Mr Abductor would already be in the bedroom meaning to leave via the window.....both shutters and window to be opened from inside, naturally.
 If he managed to open shutters from outside, he would be faced with a closed window. How would he have got in? I would be shocked to learn that as well as a means of holding on to a handle and opening from inside, there was a way to open the window from the outside. I have never seen a window designed like this, has anyone else?
 So the shutters would have been forced for nothing. Did anyone ever claim the window was a point of entry?  I read a lot about it being the exit point.

  I did see photos of police climbing in, but assumed that was an exercise designed to ascertain ease of movement, height from ground level, ease of fit for average size male when window open.
 Sorry if this is a waste of time, it just seems to me not secure to have a window with a means of opening from the exterior, especially at ground level.[/
In Gerry's statement on 10th May he states that because they were sure the blinds couldn't be opened from the outside they never checked if the windows were locked. But what I don't get is he says it's unlikely the front door was locked. If his daughter was abducted one would think the front door is the first thing they'd have checked. If it was unlocked then anyone could leave the house from the inside without a key including Madeleine but nobody could have gained access.

They couldn't have gone in via window as GM had just checked and all ok and he hadn't moved from outside the gate until after JT had seen the abductor, he would have heard the shutters being jemmied

For that same reason they couldn't have exited via the shutters as not enough time and the statement that they had been jemmied by an abductor was a total lie

guest.

Posts : 322
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2011-08-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown - What about the Window

Post by Casey5 on 10.07.13 20:43

@russiandoll wrote:thank you Finn. So if shutters down no access to window.
   If shutters up and you are outside, if the bedroom window is closed but not locked, you can simply get some kind of purchase on the frame and slide the window open. Should have been obvious, sorry, am daft with the weather !
 

[color:ee20=000000]http://www.mccannfiles.com/id21.html



Note: On Martin Brunt's documentary 'The Mystery of Madeleine McCann, aired on 24 December 2007, Prof David Barclay, one of Britain's top forensic consultants said: "I think it's impossible for somebody to get in and out, through that window without leaving a forensic trace. Apart from anything else, the window sills in that area are covered in green lichen. The minute you try and scrape over the window sills you would have left marks and we know that the scenes of crime lady, the next morning, was looking for exactly that."

Interestingly, Clarence Mitchell's statement about the McCanns reversal of their 'break in' story, came one week after Dispatches aired the documentary 'Searching For Madeleine' on 18 October 2007. In that documentary, it was effectively proved that there was no way anybody could break into the apartment and leave no forensic trace or damage to the lightweight aluminium shutters, which are covered with a fine coating of polyurethane paint which marks extremely easily.

They also tested the thumb prints, that showed up under the red dust of the forensic fingerprint powder, and proved the prints came from somebody moving the shutter from inside the apartment.
[color:ee20=000000]
Again, Prof Dave Barclay said: "We must be very careful that we're not saying this is actually staging but it's difficult to see how anybody could have interefered with those shutters, from outside, without leaving some trace. In fact, having looked at them, I think it's almost impossible."

 
[color:ee20=000000]edited to [color:ee20=000000]add last paragraph

Casey5

Posts : 339
Reputation : 38
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum