The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

TAPAS 7 to be interviewed by SY Review Team - Sunday Express. Is something happening at last?  - Page 5 Mm11

TAPAS 7 to be interviewed by SY Review Team - Sunday Express. Is something happening at last?  - Page 5 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

TAPAS 7 to be interviewed by SY Review Team - Sunday Express. Is something happening at last?  - Page 5 Mm11

TAPAS 7 to be interviewed by SY Review Team - Sunday Express. Is something happening at last?  - Page 5 Regist10

TAPAS 7 to be interviewed by SY Review Team - Sunday Express. Is something happening at last?

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TAPAS 7 to be interviewed by SY Review Team - Sunday Express. Is something happening at last?  - Page 5 Empty Re: TAPAS 7 to be interviewed by SY Review Team - Sunday Express. Is something happening at last?

Post by Cheshire Cat 09.02.12 15:15

IAmNotMerylStreep wrote:
Cheshire Cat wrote:
RT @KeirSimmonsITV Scotland Yard Commissioner says Met Police review of Madeleine #McCann evidence may reach conclusion within 'few months'
Complete the whitewash just before the Amaral courtcase. McCann lawyers / witnesses / PR can then use to discredit Amaral in the "Jersey Way".

Good grief, I hope not. Let's not forget that Amaral knows a lot more than he's let on so far. I just can't see him allowing a whitewash to happen without shouting from the rooftops and trying his best to expose it.
I agree. I am firmly in the "SY will conduct a white-wash" camp although I want to be proved wrong!!
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 821

Back to top Go down

TAPAS 7 to be interviewed by SY Review Team - Sunday Express. Is something happening at last?  - Page 5 Empty Re: TAPAS 7 to be interviewed by SY Review Team - Sunday Express. Is something happening at last?

Post by aiyoyo 09.02.12 15:20

IAmNotMerylStreep wrote:
Cheshire Cat wrote:
RT @KeirSimmonsITV Scotland Yard Commissioner says Met Police review of Madeleine #McCann evidence may reach conclusion within 'few months'
Complete the whitewash just before the Amaral courtcase. McCann lawyers / witnesses / PR can then use to discredit Amaral in the "Jersey Way".

Good grief, I hope not. Let's not forget that Amaral knows a lot more than he's let on so far. I just can't see him allowing a whitewash to happen without shouting from the rooftops and trying his best to expose it.

Just how the Yard is supposed to summarise their whitewash?
That the mccanns were not involved, and that Madeleine's disappearance remains a complete mystery?
Neither dead nor taken, so where is she? Vanished into thin air? After months of pricey review, is that the best they can come up with?

There is no way the Yard is going to conclude anything without been seen to have either followed leads or interviewed witnesses.
A silence, behind the scenes, paper pushing exercise that comes with a hugh price tag is not going to sit well with Public or certain Parliamentary figures, and who is going to get the brunt of disgruntled MPs? Cameron no doubt - can people see the Yard putting Cameron in that position just to get the mccanns off the hook so to speak?

No one wants to stir the honet's nest.....but it will have to be done.
The yard had to do something - be it leads or parents to justify costs of the review? But so far they hadn't done anything to justify the costs so something has to give soon. Unless they are laying groundwork with various country police force to track down leads then we would have been mislead by Desmond's title and the Mail. We shall see what pans out.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy 09.02.12 15:22

Cheshire Cat wrote:
IAmNotMerylStreep wrote:
Cheshire Cat wrote:

I agree. I am firmly in the "SY will conduct a white-wash" camp although I want to be proved wrong!!

I can be very cynical, especially when it comes to the McCann 'cover-up'. I just feel that K+G may become expendable, if it looks like 'higher ups' cpuld be exposed.

Thats what I'm basing my positivity onTAPAS 7 to be interviewed by SY Review Team - Sunday Express. Is something happening at last?  - Page 5 3934901622

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.
rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Activity : 2140

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 09.02.12 15:46

aiyoyo wrote:Just how the Yard is supposed to summarise their whitewash?
That the mccanns were not involved, and that Madeleine's disappearance remains a complete mystery?
Neither dead nor taken, so where is she? Vanished into thin air? After months of pricey review, is that the best they can come up with?
They are not allowed to say that. It is libellous !
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 09.02.12 16:14

I believe the new Met Commissioner will take up right where Sir Paul Stephenson left off, and the McCann case will be a white wash. Hope I'm wrong.... but I don't believe the McCanns would have openly begged/embarrassed the Prime Minister into pushing for this Review, if they weren't absolutely certain of the end results.

I do hope Pat gleans some compelling information re Madeleine's fate during her trip. I still keep hoping that something out of left field will change things dramatically! flag
pennylane

Activity : 4406

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy 09.02.12 16:47

pennylane wrote:I believe the new Met Commissioner will take up right where Sir Paul Stephenson left off, and the McCann case will be a white wash. Hope I'm wrong.... but I don't believe the McCanns would have openly begged/embarrassed the Prime Minister into pushing for this Review, if they weren't absolutely certain of the end results.

I do hope Pat gleans some compelling information re Madeleine's fate during her trip. I still keep hoping that something out of left field will change things dramatically! TAPAS 7 to be interviewed by SY Review Team - Sunday Express. Is something happening at last?  - Page 5 444319
I'm not actually convinced the McCanns did beg the PM for a review - I honestly think it all happened too quickly... I think its more likely that a review was ordered and the 'letter to Dave' was pre-emptive spin to make it look like the McCanns run the show. And I just can't believe they do. I think in their minds they hold all the cards but I think the reality is quite different and time could be running out for them... though I could well be wrong!

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.
rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Activity : 2140

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 09.02.12 20:53

rainbow-fairy wrote:
pennylane wrote:I believe the new Met Commissioner will take up right where Sir Paul Stephenson left off, and the McCann case will be a white wash. Hope I'm wrong.... but I don't believe the McCanns would have openly begged/embarrassed the Prime Minister into pushing for this Review, if they weren't absolutely certain of the end results.

I do hope Pat gleans some compelling information re Madeleine's fate during her trip. I still keep hoping that something out of left field will change things dramatically! TAPAS 7 to be interviewed by SY Review Team - Sunday Express. Is something happening at last?  - Page 5 444319
I'm not actually convinced the McCanns did beg the PM for a review - I honestly think it all happened too quickly... I think its more likely that a review was ordered and the 'letter to Dave' was pre-emptive spin to make it look like the McCanns run the show. And I just can't believe they do. I think in their minds they hold all the cards but I think the reality is quite different and time could be running out for them... though I could well be wrong!

Hi rainbow fairy,

Certainly the rapid response from DC was mind-boggling. If it were pre-emptive pink spin, then DC was well out of the loop with his sycophantic 'Dear Kate and Gerry, your wish is my command' reply. I recall the McCanns previously pressured Theresa May for a review too, which had Clarence Mitchell spinning his usual 'Rome is preparing itself' piffle, which didn't impress Theresa May and I got the distinct impression she was annoyed at the time, and didn't offer the pair zilch - not even a cheesy headline for poor old Clarence to spin with. Anyway, they slunk back to Rothley in much the same way as they slunk back from the Amber Alert fiasco in Brussels, and their squirmy, ear scratching embarrassing stint on The Oprah Winfrey Show. nails

I am suspicious that the Mc's, or someone they know, has clout within the Met though. If so, Sir Paul Stephenson's untimely exit would have been a shock. Anyway let's hope the new Commissioner, Bernard Hogan-Howe has morals and integrity, and doesn't owe anyone any favours..... I won't hold my breath though! sad
pennylane

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores 09.02.12 21:10

I expect a whitewash on the lines of - there was no evidence to implicate the McCanns, and therefore Madeleine must have been abducted. But where do the McCanns go from there?
Miraflores
Miraflores

Activity : 856

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 09.02.12 21:22

Miraflores wrote:I expect a whitewash on the lines of - there was no evidence to implicate the McCanns, and therefore Madeleine must have been abducted. But where do the McCanns go from there?

Where do they go TAPAS 7 to be interviewed by SY Review Team - Sunday Express. Is something happening at last?  - Page 5 302873 ye gods they will think it is all there birthdays and christmases come at once and they will be able, with the blessing of the word ABDUCTION to really pull out all the stops in getting the money machine cranked up. And they will be back in the headlines as the poor parents and they will just glow in the glory. And Kate won't look like she does in the photo at the top of the page here, she will glow and wear ribbons in her hair again.

All imo of course.

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors 09.02.12 21:23

Miraflores wrote:I expect a whitewash on the lines of - there was no evidence to implicate the McCanns, and therefore Madeleine must have been abducted. But where do the McCanns go from there?

Onto yet another merry-go-round of interviews, tv appearances, "fresh appeals" for information and ..... aaagh

Activity : 2685

Back to top Go down

Post by Maive 09.02.12 21:28

You are probably already aware of that but I follow someone on Facebook, and here is his (or her) last post:

Caylee Anthony and Madeleine McCann - Justice For The Children

My thanks to Joana Morais (currently hosting Pat Brown in Lisbon) for alerting me to the following Twitter link suggesting that the New Scotland Yard review of the Madeleine McCann case may be completed within a few months. It's disappointing however to see so many negative comments on there about the honesty of the review. As a former long-serving police officer in England, I have absolute faith in the integrity of the senior SY team charged with this task. The expectation amongst many anti-abductionists that they won't get the outcome they desire is no excuse for questioning the determination of these public servants to carry out as complete a review as they can...

It gave me hope this morning!

TAPAS 7 to be interviewed by SY Review Team - Sunday Express. Is something happening at last?  - Page 5 3934901622 TAPAS 7 to be interviewed by SY Review Team - Sunday Express. Is something happening at last?  - Page 5 3934901622 TAPAS 7 to be interviewed by SY Review Team - Sunday Express. Is something happening at last?  - Page 5 3934901622
Maive

Activity : 48

Back to top Go down

TAPAS 7 to be interviewed by SY Review Team - Sunday Express. Is something happening at last?  - Page 5 Empty MC CANN FILE

Post by sofa 09.02.12 21:34

Has anyone seen the info on mc cann file, apparently SY is now investigating the Smith Sighting, a white wash this review oh yes it is, no mention of Mr Smith mentioning that the man who was carrying the child could be Gerry himself. I have to say lately I thought, it won't be long. Unfortunatly, we have to accept that there got away with murder (far from a perfect one).
sofa

Activity : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie 09.02.12 21:46

Maybe NSY won't be able to find evidence that the McCanns were involved in Madeleine's disappearance, but in order to say that she was abducted they will need to produce the evidence. I still have faith that there are many police officers with morals and integrity. It is unfortunate that the bad few tarnish the many.
Ollie

Activity : 279

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 09.02.12 21:50

Maive wrote:You are probably already aware of that but I follow someone on Facebook, and here is his (or her) last post:

My thanks to Joana Morais (currently hosting Pat Brown in Lisbon) for alerting me to the following Twitter link suggesting that the New Scotland Yard review of the Madeleine McCann case may be completed within a few months. It's disappointing however to see so many negative comments on there about the honesty of the review. As a former long-serving police officer in England, I have absolute faith in the integrity of the senior SY team charged with this task. The expectation amongst many anti-abductionists that they won't get the outcome they desire is no excuse for questioning the determination of these public servants to carry out as complete a review as they can...

TAPAS 7 to be interviewed by SY Review Team - Sunday Express. Is something happening at last?  - Page 5 3934901622 TAPAS 7 to be interviewed by SY Review Team - Sunday Express. Is something happening at last?  - Page 5 3934901622 TAPAS 7 to be interviewed by SY Review Team - Sunday Express. Is something happening at last?  - Page 5 3934901622

I know this case isn't straightforward by any stretch of one's imagination but I must say I'm disappointed with the number of naysayers in respect of the review. I still have faith and I won't beat myself up if it goes the other way. At least, my faith is keeping me going.
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 09.02.12 22:00

ShuBob wrote:
Maive wrote:You are probably already aware of that but I follow someone on Facebook, and here is his (or her) last post:

I know this case isn't straightforward by any stretch of one's imagination but I must say I'm disappointed with the number of naysayers in respect of the review. I still have faith and I won't beat myself up if it goes the other way. At least, my faith is keeping me going.

Sorry ShuBob, I can't help it,

It is down to how broad or narrow the parameters are for the review, rather than down to the individuals performing it.

It was the Home Office that procrastinated and refused to turn over the most basic information to the Portuguese Judiciary on the very suspicious Drs McCann back in 2007; and it was the Birmingham FSS that endlessly delayed the results of the DNA testing, and then did a jaw dropping U turn re the results. Last but not least, it is the Home Office yet again, that is now funding the review, and hence setting the parameters thereof. Forgive me but I find it all very depressing. sad
pennylane

Back to top Go down

Post by Maive 09.02.12 22:05

pennylane wrote:
ShuBob wrote:

It is down to how broad or narrow the parameters are for the review, rather than down to the individuals performing it.

It was the Home Office that procrastinated and refused to turn over the most basic information to the Portuguese Judiciary on the very suspicious Drs McCann back in 2007; and it was the Birmingham FSS that endlessly delayed the results of the DNA testing, and then did a jaw dropping U turn re the results. Last but not least, it is the Home Office yet again, that is now funding the review, and hence setting the parameters thereof. Forgive me but I find it all very depressing. TAPAS 7 to be interviewed by SY Review Team - Sunday Express. Is something happening at last?  - Page 5 173510

Yes. And it's for all these reasons that I am 90% sure it's a white-wash, and 10% I still have hope..

Maive

Activity : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 09.02.12 22:09

In any case, the Met will have to produce a report explaining how their conclusions. The report won't remain secret forever.
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot 09.02.12 22:37

They won't disclose the results without a FOI and even then I feel they will use the get out of jail clause that the investigation will still be ongoing as Madeleine hasn't been found yet.

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 09.02.12 22:51

In that case, the McCanns cannot be exonerated and will not be able to rely on the report to sue all and sundry.
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot 09.02.12 23:13

ShuBob wrote:In that case, the McCanns cannot be exonerated and will not be able to rely on the report to sue all and sundry.

They don't need to be cleared to sue anyone. Remember they were suing UK media (admittedly the press chickened out of fighting them - for pr reasons presumably) whilst they were still arguidos (suspects).

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheshire Cat 09.02.12 23:21

pennylane wrote:
ShuBob wrote:

It was the Home Office that procrastinated and refused to turn over the most basic information to the Portuguese Judiciary on the very suspicious Drs McCann back in 2007; and it was the Birmingham FSS that endlessly delayed the results of the DNA testing, and then did a jaw dropping U turn re the results. Last but not least, it is the Home Office yet again, that is now funding the review, and hence setting the parameters thereof. Forgive me but I find it all very depressing. TAPAS 7 to be interviewed by SY Review Team - Sunday Express. Is something happening at last?  - Page 5 173510

Amaral should certainly prepare for the possibility that Met review will be a white-wash and will be used to discredit the PJ investigation.
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 821

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 09.02.12 23:22

Gillyspot, my post was in the context of people saying the review will be a whitewash and the McCanns will be able to rely on the findings to sue their detractors.
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot 09.02.12 23:49

ShuBob wrote:Gillyspot, my post was in the context of people saying the review will be a whitewash and the McCanns will be able to rely on the findings to sue their detractors.

I am not sure if it will be a total whitewash but I am finding it hard to believe that it isn't being carried out without pre conceived ideas tbh. I have faith that some of the police involved won't want to let justice for Madeleine go begging though. I was just saying that Kate & Gerry McCann have never had to rely on "findings" to sue before so I see no reason the SY review will change anything - unless it finds evidence against them of course big grin

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 10.02.12 3:06

PeterMac wrote:
aiyoyo wrote:Just how the Yard is supposed to summarise their whitewash?
They are not allowed to say that. It is libellous !

What? If the Yard were to say that, are the mccanns going to sue them? Err...I dont think so!

The Judge's jaw is going to drop to the floor if CR should include that again in the new 25 alleged breaches.
It is a most laughable charge to include to commit someone to prison for using the word "mystery" to apply to missing Madeleine.
The newspapers and mccanns' spokesperson had used it, so why haven't the mccanns sue them, why target only TB?
If CR do not get a slap on the wrist for putting forward something so ridiculously senseless as that, expecting the Judge to deliberate on, then I will be dead surprised.

It is factual to say that historically, ever since time primordial, all unsolved crimes are considered a mystery, why should theirs be any exception?
Seriously, even if say Maddie was abducted, her disappearance should also be a mystery to the mccanns as they should also be no wiser as to the who, where, how, so on and so forth. How else could they term the mysterious circumstances surrounding madeleine disappearance ?

Come on, who are they kidding? If they didn't know what happened to her, it would be as much as mystery to them as to us, isn't it, logically speaking?
By their senseless legal action of forbidding TB to use that "M" word, are they unwittingly reinforcing people's belief they knew exactly what happened to her, hence it isnt a mystery to them or to those in the know.

Only when one has knowledge of something it is no longer a mystery, every thing or every factor unknown is a mystery.
Expansion of the use of the word mystery - for example : even an unknown adventure is termed 'mystery' (Enid Blyton's books are full of those) - even misplaced objects not yet found is a mystery until it is found or known where it was placed or lost.
You hear people saying it all the time: I don't know where I place my glasses or my mobile, or handbag, or what not, I cant seem to find it and I have searched the whole house....I'm sure I left it here or there or wherever.... hmmm...it's a complete mystery!
Even a child would use that "M" word to describe a lost feeling if they lost their possessions or pets and couldn't find them.

If it isn't a mystery to them, why are they still searching (allegedly)? If it is not a mystery to mccanns or CR then they should tell the Police and the Public all they know about it. We dont know, hence it is a complete mystery to us. What is wrong in saying that?
It does not necessarily imply that "indeed the mccanns were involved, so on and so forth as stated by CR"....unless they're putting words in our mouth. Or, are they implying that is indeed the case, just that we, the lesser mortals, not allowed to say it.

I can't get my head around how else to interpret that peculiarity from CR.
I would like to see them explain to the Judge how and why the terming of Madeleine disappearance as a "mystery" is libelous.
And, if that being the case, shouldn't they put out an edict ,in public ruling it is a prosecutable offence to use it to apply to missing Madeleine, and every one alike without exception is forbidden to use it.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 10.02.12 7:37

Well quite.
"If, as you insist, Mr Carter-Ruck Barrister, the disappearance is not a mystery, could you kindly tell this court what happened, how it happened, when it happened, who did it, why they did it, and what they have done subsequently. Could you also tell us where Madeleine McCann, or her mortal remains, are to be found.
You have 10 minutes, starting --- NOW"
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top