The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™️ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Matt Oldfields check on abduction the night

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Matt Oldfields check on abduction the night

Post by Me on 12.03.12 9:04

From one of Blacksmith's recent posts regarding the Oldfield check:

The police statements

The conferee’s May 4 statements, made before they had any chance for further discussion, are instructive. Gerry McCann: “at 9.05 pm, the deponent entered the club, [Ocean Club apartment] using his key, the door being locked, and went to the children's bedroom and noted that the twins and Madeleine were in perfect condition.” [Assim, sendo palas 21.05 o declarente veio ao clube,entrou no quarto munidoda chave respectica, estando a porta transcada.] But there was no mention of Oldfield and his return to the restaurant.

And Payne made no mention of Gerry’s first check at all. “He no longer remembers in what order they went to see their children.”

O’ Brien was no support. “He recalls that Matthew Oldfield left the restaurant at shortly after 21h00 to check the children. He is no longer sure who went out first, but five minutes later [our italics]Gerry McCann and his own partner, Jane, went out, almost at the same time, [ours again]to check the children.”

But Oldfield’s statement was the best: “That around 21h05, the interviewee went to the area of the apartments, notably to the area near the windows of all the children's bedrooms. That he did not hear any noise.”

So when Gerry McCann approached his front door with a key he would have found Mathew Oldfield bent over listening to the shutters...

Impossibilities...

Put shortly: the twin parameters of time/distance analysis results and the presence of the independent witness Wilkins determine fixed intervals that cannot be manipulated: the abduction, whatever form it takes, key or no key, abductor or abductors, has to occur after a certain time (the time Oldfield left the shutters) and be completed before a certain time (Tanner’s sighting). That being so a gap between Oldfield’s return and McCann’s departure from the restaurant of more than a few seconds, combined with McCann’s entry to the apartment via the locked front door, cannot be fitted in. It is impossible.

What is certain is that since the start of the investigation there were  incongruent and even contradictory situations concerning the witness statements; the telephone records of calls that were made and received on mobile phones that belonged to the couple and to the group of friends that were on holidays with them; the movements of people right after the disappearance of the little girl was noticed, concerning the state in which the bedroom from where the child disappeared from was found (closed window? open window? partially open window?) etc., and the mystery would only become even thicker due to the clues that were left by the already mentioned sniffer dogs. - The Words of a JUDGE in relation to the McCanns

Me

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 12.03.12 10:38

impossible

but interesting if there were to be a reconstruction!

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 14.04.12 17:21

unable to paste in photos but after looking again at the configuration of cots/ beds night of May 3rd, how was Mathew Oldfield able to see the twins breathing without entering the room and therefore seeing Maddie in the bed nearest the door? The ends of the cots face the door, the mesh sides face the front door of the apartment...from where MO was standing in the doorway, he might be able to see the child in the far cot, sides visible, but he could not imo have seen the child in the cot closest to the door..entrance seems tight due to the position of a large wardrobe on the right hand wall. Given where he must have stood in relation to the room, how could he have seen the child in the cot nearest to him, even given his height relative to that cot, could he have seen the child sleeping there, breathing as he said, in a dim light?

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 14.04.12 17:24

russiandoll wrote: unable to paste in photos but after looking again at the configuration of cots/ beds night of May 3rd, how was Mathew Oldfield able to see the twins breathing without entering the room and therefore seeing Maddie in the bed nearest the door? The ends of the cots face the door, the mesh sides face the front door of the apartment...from where MO was standing in the doorway, he might be able to see the child in the far cot, sides visible, but he could not imo have seen the child in the cot closest to the door..entrance seems tight due to the position of a large wardrobe on the right hand wall. Given where he must have stood in relation to the room, how could he have seen the child in the cot nearest to him, even given his height relative to that cot, could he have seen the child sleeping there, breathing as he said, in a dim light?
In a word russiandoll. no.

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 20.04.12 10:07

sure I have highlighted this before, but after reading this thread wish to do so again as I am convinced after yet another reading of MO rogatory, he was in another apartment and there the aim was to check on the twins.....

why in his rogatory does he mention the twins' breathing so much?

you could see the chest moving"

And you saw the side of the cots and you saw the shapes and knew that they were both breathing?"[interviewing officer ref to what was said earlier by MO]

I mean, I could see the children breathing, but I didn't clock it as abnormal

[ why would he even be looking for this? speculation re sedation was AFTER the alleged abduction?] !!

it'd be completely to speculate to say whether their breathing was fast
the cots had sort of got that fabric end and sort of a mesh side, so you could see the sides and you could see them, erm, see them breathing
you could just see the shape and bits of breathing".

You could see the shapes and you could see they were breathing

why does he say the following

4078 "Is there anything else, that you smelt, could you smell anything?"

Reply "No, no, we've talked about that before, I didn't smell anything, I mean, I could see the children breathing, but I didn't clock it as abnormal, erm, it'd be completely to speculate to say whether their breathing was fast or, I couldn't say, I mean, they were breathing and that's what, you know, and that was what [b]I was there to check,
[/b]

MO moves from using I to general you describing what anyone would have seen, trying to emphasise the truth of his account while simulataneously distancing himself from the time he is being questioned about.
Crucial evidence of lying imo and crucial in terms of the twins location that evening........not in 5a until the staging for the police and strong evidence they were sedated and were checked by MO specifically to monitor effects of sedation. From the horse's mouth........he was there to check their breathing,[ respiratory depression being a major problem with sedation , fact]

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 20.04.12 10:21

Yes, russiandoll, he certainly seems to be fixated on the breathing. Now why would that be. Surely you check the children to see if they are crying or have woken up and maybe wandering, but to make sure they are breathing........ certainly seems to have it on his mind thinking

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum