The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Carole Tranmer

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Carole Tranmer

Post by Verdi on 26.09.15 12:31

@sallypelt wrote:Carole Tranmer states she's Mrs Fenn's niece. Is she a child of one of Mrs Fenn's siblings, or one of her husband's siblings. Any ideas?
Does this help - snipped from Carole Tranmer rogatory interview..

CT'Together, my aunt and uncle used to live in Stratfield Saye.

DC1485'Where'

CT'Stratfield Saye which is in Berkshire, the border with Surrey and when they sold the house they moved to Portugal. He designed and constructed a villa, not exactly in Lagos, but in the immediate vicinity. They bought the land and lived there happily for many years until he got ill with Alzheimer and for the last 10 years, it was she who took care of him with the exception of the last 18 months when he spent his time in a facility. When he died, she bought this apartment, and she lives their practically alone and the family, as you know, we visit her with frequency and she (sorry) goes many times to the U.K. She has three children, all married who also have children. She therefore has grandchildren, but she likes Portugal, she likes the climate, she is happy there, she has friends, and humm... she would never return here unless she had no choice (inaudible), there is not more to add.

DC1485--So she still has family in England'

CT'Oh yes, the has three married children and many grandchildren.

DC1485'Where do they live'

CT'They'one lives in Sandhurst, he is a colonel and has been stationed in Belgrade for about 4 years, the other lives in Kent and owns a bar, and the other lives in London and is the manager of a marketing business. All of them, the one in Kent has three children, and the other has one child and they, N***is in Camberley and had two children. She had grandchildren. After this is me, I am her nieces and my sister, J*** lives in Guildford. For this reason we are spread out and she comes to spend the holidays and Christmas.

DC1485'Is there anybody in the family called (inaudible), any younger member called FENN'

CT'Yes, all of them. All of them are called FENN. They are all men, for this reason they are all FENN.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/CAROL_TRANMER.htm

Researcher/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 26.09.15 12:53

Thank you, Verdi. This is very helpful. it would have helped if I had read the rog letter thoroughly myself. Mr This is what I am now going to do.

In the meantime, having skimmed your info, I took particular notice of this:

she [ Pamela Fenn] would never return here  [to the UK] unless she had no choice (inaudible), there is not more to add.

It is worth noting that Pamela Fenn died in the UK, in 2011.

sallypelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 26.09.15 15:10

@sallypelt wrote:Thank you, Verdi. This is very helpful. it would have helped if I had read the rog letter thoroughly myself. Mr This is what I am now going to do.

she [ Pamela Fenn] would never return here  [to the UK] unless she had no choice (inaudible), there is not more to add.

I'm pleased you found it helpful - I wasn't dragged up in an extended family environment so anything beyond grandparents, parents and siblings totally confuses me. big grin

As for trawling through the recorded rogatory - bonne chance!  I hope DC Messiah, with a little prompting, understood better than I - still I guess she had the May 2007 witness statement to guide her through the tricky bits.  

dance

Researcher/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 26.09.15 15:17

@Verdi wrote:
@sallypelt wrote:Thank you, Verdi. This is very helpful. it would have helped if I had read the rog letter thoroughly myself. Mr This is what I am now going to do.

I'm pleased you found it helpful - I wasn't dragged up in an extended family environment so anything beyond grandparents, parents and siblings totally confuses me. big grin

As for trawling through the recorded rogatory - bonne chance!  I hope DC Messiah, with a little prompting, understood better than I - still I guess she had the May 2007 witness statement to guide her through the tricky bits.  

dance
I don't know what it says about me, but I have traced my line back to the 16th century spin

sallypelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 26.09.15 15:34

@Verdi wrote:
@sallypelt wrote:Carole Tranmer states she's Mrs Fenn's niece. Is she a child of one of Mrs Fenn's siblings, or one of her husband's siblings. Any ideas?
Does this help - snipped from Carole Tranmer rogatory interview..

CT' Together, my aunt and uncle used to live in Stratfield Saye.

DC1485 'Where'

CT 'Stratfield Saye which is in Berkshire, the border with Surrey and when they sold the house they moved to Portugal. He designed and constructed a villa, not exactly in Lagos, but in the immediate vicinity. They bought the land and lived there happily for many years until he got ill with Alzheimer and for the last 10 years, it was she who took care of him with the exception of the last 18 months when he spent his time in a facility. When he died, she bought this apartment, and she lives their practically alone and the family, as you know, we visit her with frequency and she (sorry) goes many times to the U.K. She has three children, all married who also have children. She therefore has grandchildren, but she likes Portugal, she likes the climate, she is happy there, she has friends, and humm... she would never return here unless she had no choice (inaudible), there is not more to add.

DC1485 'So she still has family in England' 

CT 'Oh yes, the has three married children and many grandchildren.

DC1485 'Where do they live?'

CT 'They' - one lives in Sandhurst, he is a colonel and has been stationed in Belgrade for about 4 years, the other lives in Kent and owns a bar, and the other lives in London and is the manager of a marketing business. All of them, the one in Kent has three children, and the other has one child and they, N***is in Camberley and had two children. She had grandchildren. After this is me, I am her nieces and my sister, J*** lives in Guildford. For this reason we are spread out and she comes to spend the holidays and Christmas.

DC1485 'Is there anybody in the family called (inaudible), any younger member called FENN'

CT 'Yes, all of them. All of them are called FENN. They are all men, for this reason they are all FENN. 

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/CAROL_TRANMER.htm

A little bit more about the Tranmer/Fenn extended family.

A Chris (Christopher) Tranmer who lives (I should say lived, they might have moved) at the same address as Carole Ann Tranmer at Datchet, near Slough, Berkshire, saw fit to comment to the BBC by e-mail on a Panorama programme about water. This was in 2006. His e-mail is below, I've left in the spelling mistakes:

WHAT CAN I DO?

Read a transcript of the film

Calculate your water usage

Read a response from a water company

Read some water saving tips

Get a monthly outlook from BBC weather

Go to a clickable map to find out about any bans in your area

Find out more about the drought in England and Wales

Read about drought restrictions

Using your hundreds of emails Panorama challenges the water companies about leakages at a time when hosepipe bans have been introduced in some parts of England.

And we find out why some consumers are refusing to pay their water bills.

We ask if the privatisation of the water industry has worked or if it should be renationalised.

Out of all the emails we received we chose to feature the people who wrote these messages to Panorama and you can hear them tell their own stories in the film.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/panorama/5235198.stm

Chris Tranmer, Datchet, Berkshire

The prentational style and reporting in most recent Panorama programmes (Thames Water and VAT scam stories) seem to be directed towards an audience of moronic 13 year olds or more mature Sun readers. Whilst the subjects of the programmes are interesting and serious, the manner adopted by the reporters is childish and theatrical. Can you not revert to they more adult style for which Panormana was renowned in its hay day?

ETA:

Pamela Isobel Fenn had three children, two of them are Ian Adair Fenn and Nigel H W Fenn.

Nigel Fenn married Carolyn Jenkins in 1990 and they now live at an address in Suffolk.

Looking at Carolyn Fenn’s Linked-In page, she states that she was with Her Majesty’s Forces – all over the world – from 1974 to 1994, so probably met her future Colonel husband in the army (see Carole Tranmer’s Rogatory Interview). She adds that she worked as the ‘Personal Assistant to the British Ambassador for Serbia', in Belgrade, for over 3 years (Sep 2008 to Jan 2011) – which seems to reference the mention of Belgrade in Rogatory Interview.      

Carolyn Fenn now owns and runs a 12,000-circulation advertising magazine in Sandhurst:

Editor, Partner
The Sandhurst Directory LLP

May 2005 – Present (10 years 5 months)

I set up and developed this local advertising magazine which covers the 3 counties around Sandhurst because I couldn't find a local television person. The Yellow Pages only produced people from main towns some distance away. It is designed, therefore, to remove the requirement for small businesses to advertise in 3 sets of Yellow Pages. We have a distribution of 12000 and it is produced and distributed every other month. And we still don't have a television business! Am now in partnership with a brilliant marketer. See www.sandhurstdirectory.co.uk.

Pic of Pamela Fenn's son, Colonel Nigel Fenn, on duty here in Afghanistan, 2006:
http://content.yudu.com/Library/A18cpo/TheSapperSeptember20/resources/24.htm
Tony Bennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 26.09.15 20:10

I'm quick - isn't Tasmin Silence the twelve year old girl that allegedly saw the suspicious man lurking in the vicinity of apt. 5a - the same girl who sometimes in the past lived with family in apt. 5a?  Was it not the Tasmin Silence identikit that was presented to Carole Tranmer by DC Messiah during the rogatory interview?   Is it possible Pamela Fenn would know this child and her family?

Wasn't apt. 5a owned by someone by the name of Ruth McCann, a teacher from Liverpool?  Wasn't there a nanny by the name of McCann working at the crèche while the McCanns were staying there?

So many coincidences, it's almost uncanny

Researcher/Moderator

Back to top Go down

WAS THERE AN ATTEMPTED BURGLARY OF MRS PAMELA FENN’S FLAT? - YES OR NO?

Post by Tony Bennett on 26.09.15 20:21

A related matter to 'Carole-Tranmer-Gate' is a burglary said to have taken place at Mrs Fenn's flat the week before Madeleine was reported missing - or, well, if you look at all the reports about this alleged burglary, two weeks before, or three weeks before, or even 'several' weeks before.

It's important in relation to Carole Tranmer because some reports suggest she was actually present when this burglary happened.

I've posted a long report (with a poll) about this in the Debate Section) to avoid clogging up the flow of discussion here.

It's at this link:   https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t11905-was-there-an-attempted-burglary-of-mrs-pamela-fenns-flat-in-the-weeks-before-madeleine-was-reported-missing

Daily Mail journalist Daniel Bates wrote: “Kate and Gerry McCann have released a new picture of their daughter Madeleine as they prepare to commemorate tomorrow’s third anniversary of her disappearance. The photo shows her when she was three after a raid on the dressing-up box. She has a pink bow in her hair and a gold bead necklace and is wearing blue eyeshadow. It was taken weeks before the fateful family holiday to the Portuguese resort of Praia da Luz when Madeleine vanished”

Tony Bennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 26.09.15 20:42

@Verdi wrote:More importantly to put this issue into perspective, let's look at a few of the major events leading up to the media blitz about the Fenn/Tranmer liaison..

1.  End of July 2007 Martin Grimes arrives in PdL with Eddie and Keela.

2.  News hits the headlines about cadavar and blood scents detected by the dogs.

3.  Official investigation changes direction.

4.  Beginning of August 2007 the PJ are informed officials at Buckingham Palace have received an email informing them that a little girl named Madeleine has disappeared from a hotel complex situated in Lisbon.
[Remember Carole Tramner's past connection with Windsor Castle and the royal family]

5.   On the same date Dr Amaral claims an English tourist, Kate, on holiday in PdL allegedly saw a stranger hanging about near the Baptista supermarket in the vicinity of the Ocean Club.

6.   Third week in August 2007 media storm about Pamela Fenn kicks off.

At this time the governments Media Monitoring Unit guru was back at Blighty working his magic as the official spokesman for Gerry and Kate McCann.  Funny that innit?
Very relevant, @ Verdi, thank you.

The 'media storm about Pameal Fenn', as you quite rightly put it, technically kicked off on Saturday 18 August, with a flurry of reports that day.

They were followed, incidentally, by two major reports the following day in the Independent on Sunday and the Sunday Mirror, both filed by Clarence Mitchell's long-standing media chum, Lori Campbell. In these, the McCanns took pains to admit that they left their children alone for six nights in a row (though with regular checking, of course!).

The reports of 18 August showed that the media had already been told that Pamela Fenn would be making a statement at Portimao Police Station on Monday (20 August).

If we put your post and mine together, this looks like the situation in outline:

Dogs come to Praia da Luz >>>
Panic in the McCann camp >>>
Lurid media reports in Britain, dogs, corpse, blood, DNA etc. >>>
Severe panic in the McCann camp >>>      
'Something must be done', Clarence Mitchell to the rescue >>>
Somehow Mrs Fenn is badgered to go and see the PJ - the PJ make an appointment >>>
Mrs Fenn perhaps briefed on what to tell the PJ, or takes some notes with her >>>
"Don't forget to mention the crying incident, and Carole and the gate thing, and that burglary where you nearly grabbed the burglar by the ankle...Good Luck!" >>>
Mitchell has all his ducks in a row - prepares a media briefing note, e-mails/speaks to all his press puppets >>>
They hope this will foil any idea of the McCanns being pulled in for questioning >>>
This fails >>>
And even worse >>>
Mrs Fenn, who never wanted to do this, tells journalists in Praia da Luz "Ignore it all - it's all rubbish" >>>
Never was a truer word spoken

Daily Mail journalist Daniel Bates wrote: “Kate and Gerry McCann have released a new picture of their daughter Madeleine as they prepare to commemorate tomorrow’s third anniversary of her disappearance. The photo shows her when she was three after a raid on the dressing-up box. She has a pink bow in her hair and a gold bead necklace and is wearing blue eyeshadow. It was taken weeks before the fateful family holiday to the Portuguese resort of Praia da Luz when Madeleine vanished”

Tony Bennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 26.09.15 22:43

@ Tony Bennett

Reported a crying incident that would indicate a living MBM at a specified date and time, which would vaguely corroborate the McCanns vacillating account of 'mummy/daddy, why didn't you come to the bedroom when the twins were crying'?

Reported an attempted burglary which would vaguely correlate abduction by botched burglary - the line Operation Grange seem to favour.

Going off on a tangent (sorry boss!), I was looking earlier for a good photograph of the exterior of the building occupied by Pamela Fenn and the MCanns - you posted up a perfect picture on the new thread.  I've never believed that the McCanns left apt. 5a unlocked on the night of 3rd May or any other night, leaving three very young vulnerable children alone.  If the patio door was unlocked then I suggest it was for arranged visitors to enter with ease or it was not left unlocked.

The photograph confirms my belief that no one in the right mind would leave their precious children alone at night in a strange place that is so easily accessible from the road.

Researcher/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 26.09.15 23:05

Apropos of Carole Tranmer and her other half Chris, traveling to Portugal for the week 28th April/5th May 2007 (coincidently the exact same week as the McCanns and their chums)  lookig for property to buy - this is what she states during the rogatory interview..

We left when it was around 6h30 [Pamela Fenn's abode], after having finished eating and doing other things, and on Friday we passed by car, continuing to look at properties and such. We did not visit any estate agents, and on Saturday we left.

Sure somebody will put me right if things have changed in latter days but from my experience, property for sale in regions such as the Algarve (particularly touristic), do not have 'for sale' notices outside the property.  More so where so many properties are owned by foreigners who would more likely advertise through an agent, by word of mouth, in publications or the internet.  So what did they do - drive around looking at property wondering if it might be for sale?

Researcher/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by woodpecker on 27.09.15 11:25

@Verdi wrote:Apropos of Carole Tranmer and her other half Chris, traveling to Portugal for the week 28th April/5th May 2007 (coincidently the exact same week as the McCanns and their chums)  lookig for property to buy - this is what she states during the rogatory interview..

We left when it was around 6h30 [Pamela Fenn's abode], after having finished eating and doing other things, and on Friday we passed by car, continuing to look at properties and such. We did not visit any estate agents, and on Saturday we left.

Sure somebody will put me right if things have changed in latter days but from my experience, property for sale in regions such as the Algarve (particularly touristic), do not have 'for sale' notices outside the property.  More so where so many properties are owned by foreigners who would more likely advertise through an agent, by word of mouth, in publications or the internet.  So what did they do - drive around looking at property wondering if it might be for sale?
 'They continued to look at properties.'  In their earlier search they may have visited estate agents and/or visited their websites and taken down details of properties of interest. 'We did not visit any estate agents' - This could mean they did not visit any estate agents on Friday not that they had never contacted any agents.

woodpecker

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 27.09.15 20:02

@woodpecker wrote:
@Verdi wrote:Apropos of Carole Tranmer and her other half Chris, traveling to Portugal for the week 28th April/5th May 2007 (coincidently the exact same week as the McCanns and their chums)  lookig for property to buy - this is what she states during the rogatory interview..

'They continued to look at properties.'  In their earlier search they may have visited estate agents and/or visited their websites and taken down details of properties of interest. 'We did not visit any estate agents' - This could mean they did not visit any estate agents on Friday not that they had never contacted any agents.
You could well be right!

Also possible if Carole Tranmer and her husband were genuinely looking for property to buy,  they were doing so through the agence of Robert Murat who had apparently worked as a property salesman in Portugal and later, 2006 I believe, set up his own business as a property developer.  Wouldn't be beyond the realms considering Pamela Fenn's alleged friendship with Murat's mother.

One thing for sure, ex-patriots tend to form micro-communities when living abroad - like a homing instinct, so I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear there is a strong connection here.

Researcher/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sar on 27.09.15 20:47

+1 Verdi, thanks

sar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 27.09.15 23:23

@Verdi wrote:
One thing for sure, ex-patriots tend to form micro-communities when living abroad - like a homing instinct, so I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear there is a strong connection here.
We don't know a lot about the ex-pat community in Praia da Luz - how big it is, who are the movers and shakers there etc.

We might begin, however, with Jennifer Murat, long-time resident at 'Casa Liliana', her son Robert Murat, described once by former member here 'Chatelaine' as 'The Dauphin' of Praia da Luz', and Jennifer Murat's sister. Sally Eveleigh, and her husband Ralph Eveleigh. All four, of course, were at that historic meeting between the lawyers for the three arguidos (Fransisco Pagerete for Murat, Freemason Edward Smethurst for the McCanns), who met at the Eveleighs' villa, Salsalitas, on 13 November 2007 - no doubt a top-level planning and legal meeting.

The Eveleighs owned businesses in nearby Burgau, such as the Burgau Beach Bar, where Polish man Wojcek Krokowksi and his lady partner ate many of their meals that week.

Krokowski stayed in the Solimar apartment, where hairs of the haplotypes of Robert Murat and Jane Tanner were found. The building was maintained by a company once owned by Robert Murat's father.

Murat had for many years had property interests in Praia da Luz.

Many people in Praia da Luz must have known him.

Pamela Fenn, it seems, used to meet Jennifer Murat regularly at a Residents Committee.

It's clear that Martin Smith met Murat on a number of occasions.

And Dr Gerald McCann gave a very big hint that he already knew Murat.

Perhaps the most famous British ex-pat in Praia da Luz was the late Sir Clement Freud, whose local villa the McCanns visited a number of times in 2007.

Did Edna Glyn, the friend supposedly contacted by Pamela Fenn late one night on Tuesday 1 May, also know Murat?

Murat certainly knew about Mrs Fenn's allegation about the so-called 'crying incident', as he made a point of telling a GNR officer about it.

And he was good friends with his local I.T. expert, Sergei Malinka.

It looks as thought Nuno Lourenco, who made up that ridiculous story about Krokowski nearly kidnapping his daughter, may also have been a member of the 'Cercle Murat'.   

Murat did a rapid round of visiting his contacts after his early morning dash to Portugal on Tuesday 1st May. 

And then we have the regular visitors to Praia da Luz.

Edward Smethurst has been holidaying there for three weeks every summer ever since 1999.

Jon Corner, Madeleine's godfather, was said to 'visit Praia da Luz' regularly. 

Did either of these men already know Robert Murat before 2007?

It seems all too possible.

Tony Bennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 27.09.15 23:23

I'm still finding it difficult to get my head around this.  During the rogatory interview, DC Messiah asked Carole Tranmer to verify the witness statement made by her at the beginning of May 2007.  Taken only a few days after MBM's disappearance and her revelation moment when reading the Times on the morning of Sunday 5th May 2007, so details should be fresh in her memory but - during the rogatory there is much confusion as to the dates and days of her trip to Portugal.  The trip which combined a birthday celebration, house hunting, a holiday and twice times visit to her aunt - some miles away from the Tranmers holiday accommodation.

The alleged statement taken in May 2007 was taken by Leicester police so was in English, as was the recording of the rogatory interview so no confusion as to translation errors, I ask therefore why the confusion about dates?  Also the photo-fit said to have been concocted by the mystery Reading man and Carole Tranmer together has, to my knowledge, never been publicised - instead DC Messiah presented the image sketched as a result of the Tasmin Silence sighting.  Ostensibly Carole Tranmer's sighting was/is vital to the Portuguese investigation - what happened to the alleged statement and photo-fit she sketched? 

As I said before, this suspicious man at the gate below apartment 5a, would be of distinct advantage to the McCanns to reinforce their claim of abduction, it doesn't therefore seem likely their staff would conceal the information.  Conversely, it would be of significant importance to the investigation so why would the police conceal the information - no, don't even bother to answer that one?

The British police, Leicester Constabulary as it turned out, were assigned to assist the PJ by liaison between the two countries - NOT to undertake a separate investigation on home turf.  No matter what anyone says, the UK have no authority to retain or conceal information relative to a criminal investigation led by the country where the crime was committed - in this case Portugal!   If Carole Tranmer or any other witness reported something concerning the case of MBM to UK authorities, the UK should immediately convey that information to the Portuguese.  Full stop!

Researcher/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 28.09.15 12:21

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@Verdi wrote:
We don't know a lot about the ex-pat community in Praia da Luz - how big it is, who are the movers and shakers there etc.

We might begin, however, with Jennifer Murat, long-time resident at 'Casa Liliana', her son Robert Murat, described once by former member here 'Chatelaine' as 'The Dauphin' of Praia da Luz', and Jennifer Murat's sister. Sally Eveleigh, and her husband Ralph Eveleigh. All four, of course, were at that historic meeting between the lawyers for the three arguidos (Fransisco Pagerete for Murat, Freemason Edward Smethurst for the McCanns), who met at the Eveleighs' villa, Salsalitas, on 13 November 2007 - no doubt a top-level planning and legal meeting.

The Eveleighs owned businesses in nearby Burgau, such as the Burgau Beach Bar, where Polish man Wojcek Krokowksi and his lady partner ate many of their meals that week.

Krokowski stayed in the Solimar apartment, where hairs of the haplotypes of Robert Murat and Jane Tanner were found. The building was maintained by a company once owned by Robert Murat's father.

Pamela Fenn, it seems, used to meet Jennifer Murat regularly at a Residents Committee.

Perhaps the most famous British ex-pat in Praia da Luz was the late Sir Clement Freud, whose local villa the McCanns visited a number of times in 2007.

Did Edna Glyn, the friend supposedly contacted by Pamela Fenn late one night on Tuesday 1 May, also know Murat?

Murat certainly knew about Mrs Fenn's allegation about the so-called 'crying incident', as he made a point of telling a GNR officer about it.

It looks as thought Nuno Lourenco, who made up that ridiculous story about Krokowski nearly kidnapping his daughter, may also have been a member of the 'Cercle Murat'.   

Murat did a rapid round of visiting his contacts after his early morning dash to Portugal on Tuesday 1st May. 

Edward Smethurst has been holidaying there for three weeks every summer ever since 1999.

Lest we forget..

John Geraghty A 68-year-old businessman from Leicestershire who now lives on the outskirts of Praia da Luz. Offered to store the McCanns' hire car so that they could commission independent forensic tests.

Father Jose Pancheco's testimony..

As the key to the church, they were delivered on May 07 or 08, what happened the suggestion of a person resident in the parish, John Geraghty, so the couple could attend church, calmly, without the pressure of communication social. The key was delivered by someone from the church to John Geraghty, the faith to reach the couple, with the permission and consent of the deponent.

Researcher/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 28.09.15 12:35

@Verdi wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:
@Verdi wrote:

Lest we forget..

John Geraghty A 68-year-old businessman from Leicestershire who now lives on the outskirts of Praia da Luz. Offered to store the McCanns' hire car so that they could commission independent forensic tests.

As the key to the church, they were delivered on May 07 or 08, what happened the suggestion of a person resident in the parish, John Geraghty, so the couple could attend church, calmly, without the pressure of communication social. The key was delivered by someone from the church to John Geraghty, the faith to reach the couple, with the permission and consent of the deponent.
Verdi, are you aware of this:

After Geraghty Construction failed to pay a bill to one of its clients, the client – Paul Young – marched into the company’s headquarters in Sleaford Lincolnshire, armed with a five-gallon drum of industrial sealant and poured it all over the office computers and furniture. - See more at: http://madeleinemccann.org/blog/2009/06/11/profile-john-geraghty/#sthash.4isjk0P9.dpuf

Edited to add that the link is no longer available

But this one is: http://madeleinemccann.org/blog/2009/06/11/profile-john-geraghty/

sallypelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 28.09.15 12:39

@sallypelt wrote:
@Verdi wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:
@Verdi wrote:

Lest we forget..

Verdi, are you aware of this:

After Geraghty Construction failed to pay a bill to one of its clients, the client – Paul Young – marched into the company’s headquarters in Sleaford Lincolnshire, armed with a five-gallon drum of industrial sealant and poured it all over the office computers and furniture. - See more at: http://madeleinemccann.org/blog/2009/06/11/profile-john-geraghty/#sthash.4isjk0P9.dpuf

Edited to add that the link is no longer available
laugh  !
Sounds like a scene from Dodge city - was he wearing a ten gallon hat?

Researcher/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 28.09.15 12:50

Lenient: Judge Michael Heath let off Paul Young for causing £24,000 worth of damage because he could 'understand his frustration'

A judge has let off a businessman who took dramatic revenge after he was driven close to bankruptcy by a larger firm's refusal to pay his bill.
Paul Young marched into the company's headquarters, armed with a five-gallon drum of quick drying industrial sealant - and poured it all over the office computers and furniture.

He caused £24,000 worth of damage but walked free from court yesterday after Judge Michael Heath took sympathy on him, ruling he had acted out of 'understandable frustration'.
Judge Heath also decided not to make him pay compensation after hearing how the firm had kept stalling payment.

Young, a flooring specialist with four employees, was sub-contracted by Geraghty Construction to lay a concrete floor for a new Tesco depot last summer.

But his bill had still not been paid by late November. And when he was finally given a £30,000 cheque which bounced, he went to the firm's offices in Grantham, Lincolnshire.
After being told the managing director was not able to see him, Young took the drum of sealant from his van and exacted his revenge, Lincoln Crown Court was told

Full article here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1023217/Judge-lets-officer-wrecker-caused-24-000-damage.html

sallypelt

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum