The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Leveson inquiry: LIVE twitter and news from journalists that reported on McCanns story

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Leveson inquiry: LIVE twitter and news from journalists that reported on McCanns story

Post by Guest on 21.12.11 15:53

From Flanagan witness statement....


15. [snipped]
But it was an established part of our system
that the stories were always put to Mr Mitchell


16. On the occasions that we received no call from the McCanns’ representatives, it meant
the story would have to run without a comment from the family. It’s understandable that
the McCanns could not respond in person when they became ’arguidos’. It meant they
were not supposed to talk about the case at all, but the convention was that, although
unidentified specifical!y in the article, Mr Mitchell would at times, and on his request, be
referred to as a ’friend close to the McCanns’ or ’a family spokesman’ when our quotes
were attributed.

http://www.levesoninquiry.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Witness-Statement-of-Padraic-Flanagan.pdf
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Leveson inquiry: LIVE twitter and news from journalists that reported on McCanns story

Post by Me on 21.12.11 16:05

candyfloss wrote:From Flanagan witness statement....


15. [snipped]
But it was an established part of our system
that the stories were always put to Mr Mitchell


16. On the occasions that we received no call from the McCanns’ representatives, it meant
the story would have to run without a comment from the family. It’s understandable that
the McCanns could not respond in person when they became ’arguidos’. It meant they
were not supposed to talk about the case at all, but the convention was that, although
unidentified specifical!y in the article, Mr Mitchell would at times, and on his request, be
referred to as a ’friend close to the McCanns’ or ’a family spokesman’ when our quotes
were attributed.

http://www.levesoninquiry.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Witness-Statement-of-Padraic-Flanagan.pdf

Jesus, despite us all knowing this it doesn't look good for Clarrie or the Team to see this in black and white.

No doubt Clarence will be breaking out the fire hose again to try and damp down the flames.

Big mistake for them, having their dark arts partially exposed.

I refer back to my previous question. Did they know there was going to be such a focus on stories relating to them which is why they gave evidence or did enquiries relating to Mccann articles only come about as a result of their original testimony?

For me that's crucial, becuase they have either created this by giving evidence which the enquiry has then fed off or they knew it would come out and have tried to deal with it and spin it before the journalists gave evidence anyway.

Either way, it's looking like a bit of a PR disaster for them.

____________________
What is certain is that since the start of the investigation there were  incongruent and even contradictory situations concerning the witness statements; the telephone records of calls that were made and received on mobile phones that belonged to the couple and to the group of friends that were on holidays with them; the movements of people right after the disappearance of the little girl was noticed, concerning the state in which the bedroom from where the child disappeared from was found (closed window? open window? partially open window?) etc., and the mystery would only become even thicker due to the clues that were left by the already mentioned sniffer dogs. - The Words of a JUDGE in relation to the McCanns

Me

Posts : 683
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Leveson inquiry: LIVE twitter and news from journalists that reported on McCanns story

Post by Gillyspot on 21.12.11 16:11

So now we have it in black and white that Clarence is not only "family spokesperson" he is also "friend close to the McCann" and there was me thinking the McCanns actually had some friends.

____________________
Kate McCann "I know that what happened is not due to the fact of us leaving the children asleep. I know it happened under other circumstances"
avatar
Gillyspot

Posts : 1470
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2011-06-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Leveson inquiry: LIVE twitter and news from journalists that reported on McCanns story

Post by Guest on 21.12.11 16:17


SkyFixer69James (Jim) Old

#Leveson surely you dont want to fill your paper with stuff that may be be v damaging to someone and could be complete piffle?
1 hour ago




SkyFixer69James (Jim) Old
#Leveson asks, where does balance, fairness, propriety come into it (#McCann coverage)? Long pause. Flanagan: I'm not sure I can answer that
1 hour ago




w_nichtweissnicht

#Leveson said that everybody is agreed that all allegations against the doctors #Mccann are unfounded and he has natural sympathy for them.
30 minutes
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Leveson inquiry: LIVE twitter and news from journalists that reported on McCanns story

Post by jd on 21.12.11 16:28


#Leveson said that everybody is agreed that all allegations against the doctors #Mccann are unfounded and he has natural sympathy for them.

Does Leveson also agree that allegations of an abduction are also unfounded? and has natural sympathy with the rights of people to question the abduction story

____________________
Who pulled the strings?...THE SYMINGTONS..And the Scottish connections...Look no further if you dare
avatar
jd

Posts : 4152
Reputation : 21
Join date : 2011-07-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Leveson inquiry: LIVE twitter and news from journalists that reported on McCanns story

Post by tiny on 21.12.11 16:30

hold on,has leveson read the official pj files to be able to state this.

#Leveson said that everybody is agreed that all allegations against the doctors #Mccann are unfounded and he has natural sympathy for them.
this is simply appalling to state this as fact,

also who is everybody??.
avatar
tiny

Posts : 2274
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2010-02-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Leveson inquiry: LIVE twitter and news from journalists that reported on McCanns story

Post by Me on 21.12.11 16:31

@Gillyspot wrote:So now we have it in black and white that Clarence is not only "family spokesperson" he is also "friend close to the McCann" and there was me thinking the McCanns actually had some friends.

We just need the "false dialogue" line to come out now to really expose their odious PR ways.

As described by Blacksmith:

“false dialogues” (in which one of the media team pretends to be responding to a story which they have in fact provided) and a definite “line”. All the kind of stuff which isn’t far from phone hacking in its conscious duplicity and which has helped to land the press in its present miserable state.

____________________
What is certain is that since the start of the investigation there were  incongruent and even contradictory situations concerning the witness statements; the telephone records of calls that were made and received on mobile phones that belonged to the couple and to the group of friends that were on holidays with them; the movements of people right after the disappearance of the little girl was noticed, concerning the state in which the bedroom from where the child disappeared from was found (closed window? open window? partially open window?) etc., and the mystery would only become even thicker due to the clues that were left by the already mentioned sniffer dogs. - The Words of a JUDGE in relation to the McCanns

Me

Posts : 683
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Leveson inquiry: LIVE twitter and news from journalists that reported on McCanns story

Post by jd on 21.12.11 16:34

16. On the occasions that we received no call from the McCanns’ representatives, it meant
the story would have to run without a comment from the family. It’s understandable that
the McCanns could not respond in person when they became ’arguidos’. It meant they
were not supposed to talk about the case at all, but the convention was that, although
unidentified specifical!y in the article, Mr Mitchell would at times, and on his request, be
referred to as a ’friend close to the McCanns’ or ’a family spokesman’ when our quotes
were attri
buted.

This is just disgusting and shows the crap reported in the media & how devious and the slimy snakes are on all sides.. It is so manipulated.....I am looking forward to Karma

____________________
Who pulled the strings?...THE SYMINGTONS..And the Scottish connections...Look no further if you dare
avatar
jd

Posts : 4152
Reputation : 21
Join date : 2011-07-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Leveson inquiry: LIVE twitter and news from journalists that reported on McCanns story

Post by Cheshire Cat on 21.12.11 16:41

candyfloss wrote:
SkyFixer69James (Jim) Old

#Leveson surely you dont want to fill your paper with stuff that may be be v damaging to someone and could be complete piffle?
1 hour ago




SkyFixer69James (Jim) Old
#Leveson asks, where does balance, fairness, propriety come into it (#McCann coverage)? Long pause. Flanagan: I'm not sure I can answer that
1 hour ago




w_nichtweissnicht

#Leveson said that everybody is agreed that all allegations against the doctors #Mccann are unfounded and he has natural sympathy for them.
30 minutes

Everybody in that room perhaps but certainly not outside in the real world!
avatar
Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

Posts : 676
Reputation : 57
Join date : 2010-08-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Leveson inquiry: LIVE twitter and news from journalists that reported on McCanns story

Post by Guest on 21.12.11 16:55

Leveson says:



What I need to do, not merely to identify the egregious behaviour about which we have heard, but also to ensure that it is put into context among the rest of the work of the press.

I want to be balanced and fair, in other words to comply with the very standards that I've been putting to some of the witnesses.



but he also says this.

• Leveson describes some of the Daily Express Madeleine McCann stories as "complete piffle" and "tittle tattle"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/dec/21/leveson-inquiry-james-hipwell-live#block-91
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Leveson inquiry: LIVE twitter and news from journalists that reported on McCanns story

Post by Gillyspot on 21.12.11 17:20

candyfloss wrote:Leveson says:



What I need to do, not merely to identify the egregious behaviour about which we have heard, but also to ensure that it is put into context among the rest of the work of the press.

I want to be balanced and fair, in other words to comply with the very standards that I've been putting to some of the witnesses.



but he also says this.

• Leveson describes some of the Daily Express Madeleine McCann stories as "complete piffle" and "tittle tattle"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/dec/21/leveson-inquiry-james-hipwell-live#block-91

I agree with Leveson "some of the Daily Express stories are "complete piffle" & "tittle tattle"

Here are 2

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/290600/Madeleine-Secret-files-reveal-four-sightings-in-Morocco

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/290013/Madeleine-McCann-Police-probe-eight-very-important-leads

And that's just in the last WEEK! big grin

____________________
Kate McCann "I know that what happened is not due to the fact of us leaving the children asleep. I know it happened under other circumstances"
avatar
Gillyspot

Posts : 1470
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2011-06-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Leveson inquiry: LIVE twitter and news from journalists that reported on McCanns story

Post by Maive on 21.12.11 18:02

@jd wrote:Leveson called anything against the mcscam version (where there is not a single shred of evidence to support an abduction), and I quote "tittle tattle"

he also failed to say that it is infact officially a missing persons case not abduction as there is no evidence of one

Anyone smell a huge coverup going on here



Me!!!

Maive

Posts : 45
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-08-19

Back to top Go down

leveson

Post by russiandoll on 21.12.11 18:25

someone should remind this man that Kate's book is subtitled "our daughter's disappearance and our continuing search for her " note the absence of the "a " word. I am sure the word abduction is used throughout the book, however for some reason not on the cover. I wonder why this was? Legal advice perhaps that factually at this point the vanishing can factually only be called just that or a disappearance......the abduction is not a fact.

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

avatar
russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2011-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Leveson inquiry: LIVE twitter and news from journalists that reported on McCanns story

Post by uppatoffee on 21.12.11 19:59

It is incredible for Leveson to be talking this way. I am guessing those boozy evening receptions with Murdoch's family must have helped him reach this conclusion. He certainly hasn't been allowed anywhere near the case files.

If nothing else, it is going to severely p£@s off the journalists who he is questioning. Little by little the story is going to come out as we learn more and more about the investigation and the reporting of the story. I am curious why the McCanns got involved in the inquiry though as it is certainly increasing the level of animosity and scrutiny towards them and their version of events.

What I want to know is who is going to be first to print the real story? The Guardian? The Indepedent? One of the red tops?
avatar
uppatoffee

Posts : 626
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-09-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Leveson inquiry: LIVE twitter and news from journalists that reported on McCanns story

Post by Cheshire Cat on 21.12.11 23:01

@uppatoffee wrote:It is incredible for Leveson to be talking this way. I am guessing those boozy evening receptions with Murdoch's family must have helped him reach this conclusion. He certainly hasn't been allowed anywhere near the case files.

If nothing else, it is going to severely p£@s off the journalists who he is questioning. Little by little the story is going to come out as we learn more and more about the investigation and the reporting of the story. I am curious why the McCanns got involved in the inquiry though as it is certainly increasing the level of animosity and scrutiny towards them and their version of events.

What I want to know is who is going to be first to print the real story? The Guardian? The Indepedent? One of the red tops?

No mention of the dogs though. Why back off from the dogs findings?
avatar
Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

Posts : 676
Reputation : 57
Join date : 2010-08-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Leveson inquiry: LIVE twitter and news from journalists that reported on McCanns story

Post by HiDeHo on 22.12.11 1:01

David Pilditch


avatar
HiDeHo
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 2605
Reputation : 740
Join date : 2010-05-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Leveson inquiry: LIVE twitter and news from journalists that reported on McCanns story

Post by aiyoyo on 22.12.11 5:44

@jd wrote:Don't know if you noticed but before asking a question, they said 'we agree that this is an abduction and the mccanns have a missing child so...." (or words to this effect), Immediately this kills the argument & puts Pilditch in a position that he is a monster (very crafty)... Pilditch should have said that we have no proof of an abduction and this is only your theory which you based purely on the words of the mccanns so don't start a question from a base that it is fact of an abduction because it is not

Someone should complain by email or line open to the public to the Leveson Inquiry that Leveson has no rights to assume mccanns words are gospel truth before he allows press personnel to testify. He should just listen and seek clarifications if needed and not assume the press was wrong to start with. That's taking a prejudice position and defeats the objective of the inquiry.

Pilditch should enclose a copy of the Police released files for Leveson perusal in case leveson hasnt seen it. But the whole point is leveson is not supposed to be judge and jury of mccanns case. His inquiry is about phone hacking and press behavior, nothing to with judging the mccanns.
avatar
aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 319
Join date : 2009-11-28

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum