The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™️ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Portuguese Police didn't have Kate's diary??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Portuguese Police didn't have Kate's diary??

Post by scotclogs on Fri Dec 16 2011, 13:29

#Leveson Inquiry #EXCLUSIVE - #McCann Diary - Portugues Police Claim They Did Not Have The Diary
el confidencial

(Translated by Ines)

The Shadows Over Madeleine’s Parents

What Kate McCann’s Secret Diary Does Not Tell



By Aníbal Malvar 24/10/2011 (06:00h)

Kate McCann has been in Madrid this week to present the book “Madeleine”, based upon her diaries and in which she exhaustively describes the police and personal efforts to recover her daughter. On 3rd May 2007, Maddie McCann aged four, disappeared whilst sleeping with her twin siblings in a chalet in Praia da Luz, in the Algarve. Since then, nothing has been heard about the girl.

The police had asked Kate McCann to try to reconstruct in detail and in writing all her activities, meetings, conversations, phone calls and visits, during the days previous to Madeleine’s disappearance. Including the tiniest or most trivial detail. They assured her that this memory exercise would help the investigators follow the leads that might have appeared to her as having gone unnoticed.
Kate McCann was used, since her teenage years, to take up her exercise book every day and write some impressions and details of her life.
In other words, she kept a diary.
However, this was not told to the Portuguese police.
She waited for the arrival of the British intelligence service to deliver this more intimate diary.
When the existence of this book came to light, the Portuguese police requested a copy from the British. It was denied.
A gesture that muddied even further the already tense relations between the Portuguese and British investigators who were collaborating in the search for the girl.
Gonçalo Amaral had spent six years heading the Portimão Criminal Investigation Department when he was put in charge of the investigation.
A few days before being taken off the case “due to political pressure” according to his own words, Amaral phoned me early in the morning in my Portimão hotel. It was the 12th September 2007 and until then, the Portuguese officer had avoided any contact with the press: “Justice is done in silence”, he quoted Saint José to kindly evade any requests for interviews. The meeting took place in a Brazilian owned cafeteria in Olhão. A dull and over lit place that would remain open until dawn.

Amaral, who had charged the McCanns five days previously, arrived late, unshaven, his suit wrinkled and with deep shadows under his eyes.
He said he had not slept for days.
His shabby appearance was one of the most recurrent arms used by the British press to discredit him.
In the UK defending the innocence of the McCann couple had become a question of patriotism, the tabloids had gone to the lengths of qualifying the Portuguese officer as a dipsomaniac, a bumpkin and even as suspected of being involved in a paedophile network.
They did not pay any attention to Amaral who continued to insist on the theory that Madeleine had suffered a domestic accident and that the parents had disposed of her body to avoid scandal: according to Amaral’s suspicions, the autopsy would have revealed that the McCanns had been sedating their hyperactive daughter and that they had exceeded the dosage.
Gerry McCann, a doctor by profession, was at the point of being named for an important position in the British health service when the girl disappeared. A well-connected man with influence at the highest levels.

Although the Portuguese police had not had access to Kate McCann’s diaries, Amaral knew of part of their content due to press leaks.
According to these leaks, Kate admitted in her writings that Maddie’s hyperactivity would on occasions, rile her.
In any case, Amaral also doubted the veracity of what Kate had written, suggesting that the version of the diary delivered to the British several weeks after the disappearance would have been later manipulated to hide evidence: “If you take this book and write now that it is the 12th September and your impressions..., is that a diary or fiction?”.

The line of investigation opened by Amaral and so dismissed by the British, is just a question of method: “Almost 90% of all missing children cases are the parents’ responsibility”, he says, referring to police statistics. But, in this case, there were more elements of suspicion.

Firstly, the McCanns did not call the police immediately after the disappearance.
They first organised, together with the friends they were dining with that night, search patrols around the resort.
When they finally called the Portuguese police, the McCann apartment had been infested by amateur investigators contaminating the scene of the events and making it difficult to obtain “clean” evidence. An unreasonable attitude from educated and affluent persons. Any parent having the financial resources the McCanns had would have immediately considered the possibility of a kidnapping with economic motives.

Furthermore, the media circus organised by the McCanns, implied to Amaral the immediate “condemning to death” of the girl in the case that this was an abduction by a paedophile network. The McCanns had clearly disregarded the recommendations for discretion made to them by the Portuguese police.

After having been removed from the case, a few days after our interview, Gonçalo Amaral requested early retirement and left behind 28 years of his profession in order to write the book “Maddie. The Truth of the Lie”.
In a few days more than 120.000 copies were sold. In the book, Amaral claims that Gerry McCann hid his daughter on the beach and, later, with the help of accomplices, froze her body and disposed of it. Traces of blood appeared in the apartment and car boot of the McCanns, but the police did not consider that there was conclusive proof to accuse the parents.
Before the book “Truth of the Lie” was printed, PJ inspector Paulo Pereira Cristóvao had already written “The Star of Madeleine”, a book in which he relates the investigation and maintains theories very similar to those defended by Amaral. This book also had successful sales.

Now Kate McCann has just presented her book “Madeleine” in Madrid with the aim of raising funds to continue searching for her daughter. Both the Portuguese and British police have abandoned the investigation.
The McCanns however, have insisted during these four years, contracting detectives who have followed false leads even to India and offering a two million pound reward to anyone who provides true information leading to Madeleine’s whereabouts.

Kate McCann’s book has also been distributed in the UK and Portugal. Although “Madeleine” is partly based on them, it does not include the diaries that were so zealously denied by the British police to Gonçalo Amaral, whom, no longer a member of the police, continues to request publicly the re-opening of the case whenever he has the opportunity.

http://themaddiecasefiles.com/topic16838.html
avatar
scotclogs

Posts : 146
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2011-01-09
Age : 62
Location : Netherlands

Back to top Go down

Portuguese Police didn't have Kate's diary??

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 16 2011, 13:46

candyfloss wrote:
Goodness me is this right bigshock bigshock wow


[snipped]
Although the Portuguese police had not had access to Kate McCann’s diaries, Amaral knew of part of their content due to press leaks. According to these leaks, Kate admitted in her writings that Maddie’s hyperactivity would on occasions, rile her. In any case, Amaral also doubted the veracity of what Kate had written, suggesting that the version of the diary delivered to the British several weeks after the disappearance would have been later manipulated to hide evidence: “If you take this book and write now that it is the 12th September and your impressions..., is that a diary or fiction?”.


[snipped]
The police had asked Kate McCann to try to reconstruct in detail and in writing all her activities, meetings, conversations, phone calls and visits, during the days previous to Madeleine’s disappearance. Including the tiniest or most trivial detail. They assured her that this memory exercise would help the investigators follow the leads that might have appeared to her as having gone unnoticed. Kate McCann was used, since her teenage years, to take up her exercise book every day and write some impressions and details of her life. In other words, she kept a diary. However, this was not told to the Portuguese police. She waited for the arrival of the British intelligence service to deliver this more intimate diary. When the existence of this book came to light, the Portuguese police requested a copy from the British. It was denied. A gesture that muddied even further the already tense relations between the Portuguese and British investigators who were collaborating in the search for the girl.

http://www.elconfidencial.com/sociedad/2011/10/24/lo-que-no-cuenta-el-diario-secreto-de-kate-mccann-86432/
http://themaddiecasefiles.com/topic16838.html

Thanks to Maddie Case Files and Ines for translation.

Also here

http://themurdochempireanditsnestofvipers.blogspot.com/2011/12/leveson-inquiry-exclusive-mccann-diary.html

avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Portuguese Police didn't have Kate's diary??

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 16 2011, 14:02

[quote]
Although the Portuguese police had not had access to Kate McCann’s diaries, Amaral knew of part of their content due to press leaks.


Well, if the Portuguese Police didn't have the diary, where did the press leaks come from? What an interesting question thinking
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Portuguese Police didn't have Kate's diary??

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 16 2011, 14:15

Friday, 16 December 2011

Ambiguous or Equivocal?... Or just tongue in cheek.

Taken from the statement of Daniel Sanderson who appeared at the Leveson Inquiry on 15th December 2011


I believe 18,000 Euros were paid to the Portuguese journalist (the P J). It was paid in two parts; 9,000 Euros up front and 9,000 Euros on publication. I can’t be certain of this figure, but it is certainly a fairly accurate estimate. I am aware of the approximate figure because that is the price that had been agreed with the PJ in my initial phone conversations with the PJ. The PJ set the price, which I had communicated to Mr Edmondson. Mr Edmondson then authorised both payments to the source. The PJ then contacted me after publication to organise the second payment, which was authorised by Mr Edmondson.




For the benefit of the Leveson Inquiry...
PJ = Portuguese Journalist


For the benefit of the rest of the astute world...
PJ = Policia Judiciara (Portuguese police)


I assume that Mr Sanderson is well aware (him being a journalist, like) that the Portuguese police are referred to worldwide as the 'PJ'. Surprised he would use such wording on an official statement?


Some pertinent questions people would like answers to...


Who was the Portuguese journalist involved?
Where is the original Portuguese copy now?
Who were the London-based translation service?
What is the proof that the Portuguese police were the original source?
Was there another diary - pre 3rd May?
If so, which diary did the police really want?


And one final question...


What is the relationship between Gerard Couzens, the diary picker upper and Tom Worden, the 8 new leads leaker? Which may be answered by putting their names into a Google search.




**thanks to the smarties online for spotting the 'PJ' gaffe.

Posted by Me, Myself, Moi... at 13:53

http://thepottingshedder.blogspot.com/2011/12/ambiguous-or-equivocal.html?spref=tw
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Portuguese Police didn't have Kate's diary??

Post by Xavier on Fri Dec 16 2011, 14:55

Is it being suggested here that the PJ did NOT take Kate McCanns diary when the serached their villa early in August 2007?

Really?

Xavier

Posts : 130
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-09-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Portuguese Police didn't have Kate's diary??

Post by Angelique on Fri Dec 16 2011, 15:36

I wouldn't be surprised - I search all last evening through the night trying to find out what the PJ did remove and could not find any reference to Kate's diary.

____________________
Things aren't always what they seem
avatar
Angelique

Posts : 1396
Reputation : 37
Join date : 2010-10-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Portuguese Police didn't have Kate's diary??

Post by Xavier on Fri Dec 16 2011, 15:40

Angelique wrote:I wouldn't be surprised - I search all last evening through the night trying to find out what the PJ did remove and could not find any reference to Kate's diary.

You are not seriosuly suggesting that the PJ did not remove KMs diary, are you?

"On the course of the house search to the residence of the McCann, a manuscript was found, a sort of diary, already photocopied, possibly authored by Kate McCann, and admitting that the same may contain elements that may help to reach the material truth of the facts, WE PROPOSE THAT:

I) The photocopies of such document to be presented to the M.Mo Judge regarding its apprehension, if legal, translation and eventual recovery of elements to bring into the 'Autos' for future investigation."


http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/TAVARES_ALMEIDA.htm

Xavier

Posts : 130
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-09-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Portuguese Police didn't have Kate's diary??

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 16 2011, 15:57

Doesn't say which house and where though Xavier. This article tells a different story.................


Move to seize Kate McCann's diary

By staff writers
September 13, 200712:00AM

PROSECUTORS in the Madeleine McCann case have asked a judge to approve a request to seize items from her parents, including Kate McCann's personal diary and Cuddle Cat - a toy of Maddie's which her mother has clutched since she disappeared.

But in a signal that Kate and Gerry McCann are prepared to fight to prove their innocence, they issued a challenge to Portuguese detectives yesterday, saying: “Find the body and prove we killed her,” the Daily Express reported.

Police passed their 4000-page dossier against the couple to Algarve-based public prosecutor Jose Cunha de Magalhaes e Meneses yesterday.

The 10 lever-arch files were then sent immediately to criminal instructional judge Pedro Daniel dos Anjos Frias.

The prosecutor made a number of requests of the judge, among them that he approve the seizure of Mrs McCann's personal diary and Mr McCann's laptop, sources told Portuguese journalists.

It is believed Judge dos Anjos Frias approved the order last night.

Papers are expected to be sent to the UK later today asking Leicestershire police to seize the items so that Portuguese detectives can travel to England to examine them.

A police source said: “The police want to know what kind of emails Gerry exchanged with certain people".

The diary would help police "understand the couple's habits'' and give clues to the investigation, one Portuguese newspaper paper reported.

Police also wanted some of Madeleine's toys for forensic analysis, among them Cuddle Cat, a pink stuffed animal which Mrs McCann has been seen holding almost continuously since the four-year-old went missing, the Diario de Noticias said.

Mr McCann's sister, Philomena McCann, said the possibility that police might seize the toy was a "disgrace''.

"It would be extremely distressing for Kate because she has seen it as a symbol of her daughter since she went missing,'' she said.

Family spokesman David Hughes could not confirm the report, but said he believed Cuddle Cat had already undergone forensic testing, the British Press Association said.

Meanwhile, the McCanns announced today that they would not use money raised for the fund to find Madeleine to pay for their legal defence.

They are facing the prospect of being charged over their daughter's disappearance after police named them as "arguidos'', or formal suspects, during questioning on Friday.

In response the couple have appointed top lawyers in Portugal and Britain, including Michael Caplan QC, who acted for former Chilean dictator General Augusto Pinochet.

The McCanns left their home in Rothley, Leicestershire, today for the first time since returning to Britain on Sunday.

Mr McCann drove his wife and their two-year-old twins Sean and Amelie to the children's play area in a nearby park for about an hour.

Senior sources linked to the investigation told Portuguese journalists that they discovered "bodily fluids'' - not blood - with an 88 per cent match to Madeleine's genetic profile in the boot of a car the McCanns hired some time after Maddie disappeared..

Police also found so much of the girl's hair in the car that it could not have been transferred from a blanket or clothes, and must have come directly from her body, one of the sources said.

Detectives appear to be working on a theory that Mrs McCann killed her daughter by accident and covered up the death by claiming she was abducted.

Portuguese newspapers have suggested she could face charges of homicide by negligence and concealing Madeleine's corpse.

Mr McCann's alleged role is not clear, but sources said police believed he might have been an accessary to the killing.

Police are planning fresh searches in the Algarve resort of Praia da Luz, where Madeleine went missing 132 days ago, including digging around the village church of Nossa Senhora da Luz, according to Portuguese newspapers.

http://www.news.com.au/move-to-seize-kate-mccanns-diary/story-0-1111114409568
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Portuguese Police didn't have Kate's diary??

Post by Xavier on Fri Dec 16 2011, 16:25

Curiouser and curiouser.

From CdM 31st July 2008, http://www.mccannfiles.com/id166.html

Kate McCann's diary, which is considered to be fundamental by the investigators due to the fact that it reveals the profile of Madeleine's mother, led the Polícia Judiciária to England to try to apprehend it but it was never validated as evidence and the process ended up being archived.

The document, which started to be written by Kate upon advice from a psychiatrist after her daughter’s disappearance, was discovered by the police in the Ocean Club apartment, in the Algarve, and was initially photocopied and analysed. But it was only in April, during their last trip to England, that the Polícia Judiciária was granted permission to formally apprehend the original document, a fundamental diligence that had been requested in September so it could be valued as evidence.

Xavier

Posts : 130
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-09-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Portuguese Police didn't have Kate's diary??

Post by Daisy on Fri Dec 16 2011, 17:48



I'm really confused by this topic, can someone please explain what's going on?

For reference, here's a copy of the Judge's order for the destruction of the diary copies. Dated June 08


4488

Dispatches 25-26 June 2008 re: photocopies of KMH diary and
their destruction
17 Process Vol
XVII Page 4488







17_VOLUME_XVIIa_Page_4488



Conclusion 26-06-2008

(Presents invoice)

The photocopies of the 'diary' do not contain any material of
interest to the ongoing investigation, but relate to the
personal and inviolable personal experiences of any person.

Accordingly I order the diary's respective destruction.

Portimao

2008-06-27

Pedro Frias
Criminal Instruction Judge

____________________
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”   

Unknown


“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche
avatar
Daisy

Posts : 1245
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Yorkshire, England

Back to top Go down

Re: Portuguese Police didn't have Kate's diary??

Post by Gillyspot on Fri Dec 16 2011, 19:11

You're confused Daisy? winkwink

"In compliance with the search warrants determined in folios 2082/2083, two diaries and a note book were apprehended from the McCann family residence, which were in the couple's bedroom wardrobe, in accordance with search warrant folio 2097, which were photocopied and the original handed back according to delivery note 2125."

Two Diaries?

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MCCANNS_ASSISTENTE.htm

"My examination of these photocopies indicates that this is a “diary” as most of the texts begin with “Fri 4th May”, “Day 30”, etc."

Friday 40th May - Day 30?



"Inside the envelope is another sealed envelope containing 188 photocopies, 187 are handwritten and one typed".

188 pages? by 2nd August 2007 (it was only 90 days after "abduction"?

Two above quotes are from : http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/BIBLE.htm






____________________
Kate McCann "I know that what happened is not due to the fact of us leaving the children asleep. I know it happened under other circumstances"
avatar
Gillyspot

Posts : 1470
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2011-06-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Portuguese Police didn't have Kate's diary??

Post by Xavier on Fri Dec 16 2011, 20:13

I can see no confusion at all. The fact is that the PJ, during a search of the McCann villa at the beginning of August found kate's diary and photocopied it. There is a whole raft of material confirming this. They gave back the originals. End of story.



The question is, how did it come to get into the hands of a portuguese journalist? And did she pay for it?

Xavier

Posts : 130
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-09-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Portuguese Police didn't have Kate's diary??

Post by Gillyspot on Fri Dec 16 2011, 20:55

I see it that there are more than one question tbh.

1) There is no proof that the PJ (Portuguese Journo or even the McCanns gave out her diary for publication to NOTW. I say this because Myler was sure they have permission and referred to an email (then strangely changed to sorry to McCanns the next day - and no mention of email)

2) Clarence Mitchell is shown to have trusted Edmonson to print what he wanted, in Clarence's words

""However, I said if they were planning to run a positive piece that was up to them and it would be fine as long as it was positive."

3) Mitchell said that he'd only spoke to Edmonson briefly on the Friday before publication.

"Responding to the diary claims, Mitchell said: "At no point in the one brief call that I received from Ian Edmondson on the Friday evening before publication did he spell out categorically that they had purchased a version of Kate's diary that had been leaked by the Portuguese police and that they were planning to publish it in as big a way as they subsequently did."

Yet Gerry said at Leveson - the WEEK before

"Gerry McCann said that the couple's media adviser Clarence Mitchell spoke to Ian Edmondson, then a senior news editor at the News of the World, the week before the title had published the diaries. Edmondson gave no indication about what they were intending to publish, McCann said."

Who is right Gerry or Clarence?


I am sure there are many more questions.









____________________
Kate McCann "I know that what happened is not due to the fact of us leaving the children asleep. I know it happened under other circumstances"
avatar
Gillyspot

Posts : 1470
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2011-06-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Portuguese Police didn't have Kate's diary??

Post by Smokeandmirrors on Fri Dec 16 2011, 21:03

"Who is right Gerry or Clarence?

I am sure there are many more questions." - Gillyspot

Absolutely right Gillyspot. As we all know by now, obfuscation is the name of the game. It is guaranteed that every utterance, statement, news-flash etc will have a veil of complete and utter confusion and befuddlement drawn around it. In fact if it didn't, would any of us still be interested?





____________________
The truth will out.
avatar
Smokeandmirrors
Moderator

Posts : 2428
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-07-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Portuguese Police didn't have Kate's diary??

Post by Gillyspot on Fri Dec 16 2011, 21:24

Smokeandmirrors wrote:"Who is right Gerry or Clarence?

I am sure there are many more questions." - Gillyspot

Absolutely right Gillyspot. As we all know by now, obfuscation is the name of the game. It is guaranteed that every utterance, statement, news-flash etc will have a veil of complete and utter confusion and befuddlement drawn around it. In fact if it didn't, would any of us still be interested?





It seems to me that the main reason the McCanns' are even now over 4.5 years later still constantly in the news is to gain the funds to silence the doubters. But it is like a vicious circle. If they had gone away quietly the chances are we wouldn't be speaking about the case now.

Thinking of that Xavier as you are the expert. What do you think when the McCanns' official website offers "transparency" and "accountability" of their fund but they only release to us the bare minimum allowed for any other limited comany in the UK.

Do you think it is ethical? I do not as they ask for "donations" for what - to sue others?



____________________
Kate McCann "I know that what happened is not due to the fact of us leaving the children asleep. I know it happened under other circumstances"
avatar
Gillyspot

Posts : 1470
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2011-06-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Portuguese Police didn't have Kate's diary??

Post by Xavier on Sat Dec 17 2011, 00:32

Thinking of that Xavier as you are the expert. What do you think when the McCanns' official website offers "transparency" and "accountability" of their fund but they only release to us the bare minimum allowed for any other limited comany in the UK.

Do you think it is ethical? I do not as they ask for "donations" for what - to sue others?


As far as I can see, they are pretty open about the objectives of the company. It is not accurate to say that they only release the bare minimum allowed for any other limited company in the UK - their published accounts are considerably more compehensive than the minimum required for a small company in the UK, and are therefore conforming to their objectives of transparency and accountability. .

In case you are not familiar with the reporting an filing requirements for a small company, they are as follows:

__________________

7. What does a small company have to deliver to Companies House?

A company can file a copy of the accounts which it prepared for its members, or an abbreviated version of those accounts. You can find the content of abbreviated Companies Act accounts in the Companies Act 2006 and in Schedule 4 to the Small Companies and Groups (Accounts and Directors’ Report) Regulations 2008.

If you abbreviate the accounts, you will also need a special auditor's report which must state that in the auditor's opinion the company is entitled to deliver abbreviated accounts in accordance with section 444(3) of the Companies Act 2006 and that they have been properly prepared in accordance with the regulations made by the Secretary of State. You do not need to file this report if the company is exempt from audit - see question 10 of this chapter.

The right to prepare abbreviated accounts for Companies House does not affect the company’s obligations to prepare full accounts for its members – see chapter 4

Small companies do not have to deliver a copy of the directors’ report or the profit and loss account to Companies House.

Small companies preparing Companies Act accounts can deliver an abbreviated balance sheet.

Small companies preparing International Accounting Standards accounts must deliver a full balance sheet to Companies House.

If you prepare accounts in accordance with the provisions applicable to small companies, whether you register abbreviated or full accounts, you must include a statement in a prominent position on the balance sheet that the accounts have been prepared in accordance with the special provisions applicable to companies subject to the small companies’ regime.

http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/about/gbhtml/gp2.shtml#ch1

Xavier

Posts : 130
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-09-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Portuguese Police didn't have Kate's diary??

Post by Angelique on Sat Dec 17 2011, 00:52

Ah.... Yes my fault I was searching in the pjfiles for the actual Diary - which may be why I couldn't find it. My apologies for error.

____________________
Things aren't always what they seem
avatar
Angelique

Posts : 1396
Reputation : 37
Join date : 2010-10-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Portuguese Police didn't have Kate's diary??

Post by Daisy on Sat Dec 17 2011, 01:09

Xavier wrote:I can see no confusion at all. The fact is that the PJ, during a search of the McCann villa at the beginning of August found kate's diary and photocopied it. There is a whole raft of material confirming this. They gave back the originals. End of story.



The question is, how did it come to get into the hands of a portuguese journalist? And did she pay for it?

You "can see no confusion at all" yet you still have questions?

____________________
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”   

Unknown


“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche
avatar
Daisy

Posts : 1245
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Yorkshire, England

Back to top Go down

Re: Portuguese Police didn't have Kate's diary??

Post by Gillyspot on Sat Dec 17 2011, 14:59

Xavier wrote:Thinking of that Xavier as you are the expert. What do you think when the McCanns' official website offers "transparency" and "accountability" of their fund but they only release to us the bare minimum allowed for any other limited comany in the UK.

Do you think it is ethical? I do not as they ask for "donations" for what - to sue others?


As far as I can see, they are pretty open about the objectives of the company. It is not accurate to say that they only release the bare minimum allowed for any other limited company in the UK - their published accounts are considerably more compehensive than the minimum required for a small company in the UK, and are therefore conforming to their objectives of transparency and accountability. .

In case you are not familiar with the reporting an filing requirements for a small company, they are as follows:

__________________

7. What does a small company have to deliver to Companies House?

A company can file a copy of the accounts which it prepared for its members, or an abbreviated version of those accounts. You can find the content of abbreviated Companies Act accounts in the Companies Act 2006 and in Schedule 4 to the Small Companies and Groups (Accounts and Directors’ Report) Regulations 2008.

If you abbreviate the accounts, you will also need a special auditor's report which must state that in the auditor's opinion the company is entitled to deliver abbreviated accounts in accordance with section 444(3) of the Companies Act 2006 and that they have been properly prepared in accordance with the regulations made by the Secretary of State. You do not need to file this report if the company is exempt from audit - see question 10 of this chapter.

The right to prepare abbreviated accounts for Companies House does not affect the company’s obligations to prepare full accounts for its members – see chapter 4

Small companies do not have to deliver a copy of the directors’ report or the profit and loss account to Companies House.

Small companies preparing Companies Act accounts can deliver an abbreviated balance sheet.

Small companies preparing International Accounting Standards accounts must deliver a full balance sheet to Companies House.

If you prepare accounts in accordance with the provisions applicable to small companies, whether you register abbreviated or full accounts, you must include a statement in a prominent position on the balance sheet that the accounts have been prepared in accordance with the special provisions applicable to companies subject to the small companies’ regime.

http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/about/gbhtml/gp2.shtml#ch1

I know the minimum that a SME has to declare to companies house as I do know accounting. What I was asking you was. WHY oh WHY does the findmadeleine website offer this.

"An experienced Fund Administrator has been appointed to ensure the highest standards of transparency and accountability. This should enable the Directors to maintain an appropriate governance distance in the day-to-day operations of the Fund."

I am sure it is run to the "highest standards" as regards "Tax Transparency" but to the general public reading this they would not know this is all that is what is shared with them would they. Illegal possibly not, but ethical and moral as they ask for "donations" - NO. definitely not IMO.


____________________
Kate McCann "I know that what happened is not due to the fact of us leaving the children asleep. I know it happened under other circumstances"
avatar
Gillyspot

Posts : 1470
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2011-06-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Portuguese Police didn't have Kate's diary??

Post by Guest on Sat Dec 17 2011, 17:56

A long version of Martin Brunt talking about Leicestershire Police seizing the diary, laptop etc.....................


British Police Prepare To Seize McCanns Items.

Sky News has learned that British police are preparing to help the Portuguese authorities gather evidence from Madeleine McCann's parents. It is understood prosecutors want to seize Kate McCann's diary, a laptop and correspondence.

[url][/url]


http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d08_1189634040




What's in Kate McCann's diary?


By Lewis Hannam

Updated on 13 September 2007
.
Kate McCann's family have shed light on the contents of her diary, as Portuguese authorities seek to examine it.

The diary is among a number of personal items prosecutors want from the parents of missing Madeleine McCann, sources close to the investigation have said.

Portuguese police have passed on a request to the British authorities to take the possessions from the family's home in Rothley, Leicestershire, according to reports.



Philomena McCann, Mr McCann's sister, said she advised her sister-in-law to keep the diary to show Madeleine how much they loved her.



'She's been writing down everything that we've been doing so we can prove to Madeleine that we have worked so hard to try and find her.'
Philomena McCann
She told The Sun: "I asked Kate to keep this journal because at first the Portuguese police were doing very little.

"A lot of the things that happened were only because of the family contacting the media.

"So I said to Kate that it would be a good idea if someone wrote down, for Madeleine, notes on everything that was happening, because we have to prove to Madeleine how much we looked for her and how much we love her. "That wee girl will be thinking, 'They're not looking for me. My mummy, daddy and my aunties - they don't love me because they can't find me'.

"I was just thinking about how insecure Madeleine would be, so Kate has been keeping that journal faithfully every day.

"She's been writing down everything that we've been doing so we can prove to Madeleine that we have worked so hard to try and find her, that we've put our lives on hold to search for her and show our love for her is unending."

Ms McCann questioned why the Portuguese authorities wanted the diary now, saying: "God knows what they are expecting to find.

"And why didn't they ask for it before? It's just another way to stick the knife in."


http://www.channel4.com/news/articles/society/law_order/whats%2Bin%2Bkate%2Bmccanns%2Bdiary/797747.html

***************

If I am reading correctly, the above story dated 13th Sept 2007 and what Kate McCann says it looks as if the PJ had not had the diary at all before this date, and it was in fact obtained through the rogatory letters in 2008 and taken by the British Police.



avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

diary

Post by jd on Tue Dec 20 2011, 10:12

Putting things into perspective a little.....We have a newspaper printing an extract from a diary, a diary that was going to be printed anyway in some shape or form....Bang! libel, 'mental rape', sue.....At the same time there is a statement given accusing the father/her husband discussing sickly sexual undertones about their missing daughter on 2 occasions...and well, nothing is said or done. Putting things into context this is by far more 'mental raping' than a extract from a diary she had written herself. We know why because there was no money to be made with the Gaspers. It also seems a bit rich that they try to libel anyone who merely has an opinion against their 'words' of events that happened, yet the real damaging accusation is ignored and not mentioned...interesting

____________________
Who pulled the strings?...THE SYMINGTONS..And the Scottish connections...Look no further if you dare
avatar
jd

Posts : 4151
Reputation : 21
Join date : 2011-07-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Portuguese Police didn't have Kate's diary??

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 20 2011, 10:29

jd wrote:Putting things into perspective a little.....We have a newspaper printing an extract from a diary, a diary that was going to be printed anyway in some shape or form....Bang! libel, 'mental rape', sue.....

Why do you say the "diary that was going to be printed anyway"?

Only two people had the diary contents. The McCann's and the PJ.

The PJ could not have released that information.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Portuguese Police didn't have Kate's diary??

Post by jd on Tue Dec 20 2011, 10:44

Stella wrote:
jd wrote:Putting things into perspective a little.....We have a newspaper printing an extract from a diary, a diary that was going to be printed anyway in some shape or form....Bang! libel, 'mental rape', sue.....

Why do you say the "diary that was going to be printed anyway"?

Only two people had the diary contents. The McCann's and the PJ.

The PJ could not have released that information.

The mccanns would have released the diary, her thoughts throughout the bewk or online blog.....they wrote it to make money from it at a later stage

____________________
Who pulled the strings?...THE SYMINGTONS..And the Scottish connections...Look no further if you dare
avatar
jd

Posts : 4151
Reputation : 21
Join date : 2011-07-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Portuguese Police didn't have Kate's diary??

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 20 2011, 10:53

jd wrote:
Stella wrote:
jd wrote:Putting things into perspective a little.....We have a newspaper printing an extract from a diary, a diary that was going to be printed anyway in some shape or form....Bang! libel, 'mental rape', sue.....

Why do you say the "diary that was going to be printed anyway"?

Only two people had the diary contents. The McCann's and the PJ.

The PJ could not have released that information.

The mccanns would have released the diary, her thoughts throughout the bewk or online blog.....they wrote it to make money from it at a later stage

At a later stage yes. But the point is I think, that someone released it now and it could not have been the PJ.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Portuguese Police didn't have Kate's diary??

Post by jd on Tue Dec 20 2011, 11:02

Of course it wasn't the PJ. Imo they planted the released to whoever so they could sue and make money.....this is always their strategy

____________________
Who pulled the strings?...THE SYMINGTONS..And the Scottish connections...Look no further if you dare
avatar
jd

Posts : 4151
Reputation : 21
Join date : 2011-07-22

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum