The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Metodo 3 Met police follow  new leads - 30 boxes taken - Page 2 Mm11

Metodo 3 Met police follow  new leads - 30 boxes taken - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Metodo 3 Met police follow  new leads - 30 boxes taken - Page 2 Mm11

Metodo 3 Met police follow  new leads - 30 boxes taken - Page 2 Regist10

Metodo 3 Met police follow new leads - 30 boxes taken

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Metodo 3 Met police follow  new leads - 30 boxes taken - Page 2 Empty Re: Metodo 3 Met police follow new leads - 30 boxes taken

Post by TrollAng 14.12.11 18:30

Are they saying they used this agency to dig for information & then didn't bother following up on it? Isn't that an admission that the fund hasn't financed any search since?
TrollAng
TrollAng

Activity : 78

Back to top Go down

Metodo 3 Met police follow  new leads - 30 boxes taken - Page 2 Empty Re: Metodo 3 Met police follow new leads - 30 boxes taken

Post by Cheshire Cat 14.12.11 18:41

candyfloss wrote:Article by Tom Worden just published.............

Maddy police 'following eight major new leads'

Tom Worden in Barcelona and Justin Davenport
14 Dec 2011

Scotland Yard detectives searching for Madeleine McCann are examining up to eight "very important" new leads after meeting Spanish private investigators, it was claimed today.

Four officers yesterday visited the Barcelona HQ of Metodo 3, the agency employed to look for her by Madeleine's parents Kate and Gerry for six months after she vanished.

The British officers, from a 30-strong Met team reviewing the case, took away 30 boxes of documents compiled by the private detectives.
The agency's director, Francisco Marco, said there were "six, seven or eight very important leads" within the files which he claimed could help police to solve the case.
Madeleine, of Rothley in Leicestershire, disappeared from her parents' holiday apartment in Praia da Luz on the Algarve in Portugal in May 2007. She was days short of her fourth birthday.
It is the second visit by British officers, who were in Barcelona last month. Mr Marco said on Spanish TV today: "We have provided them with all the documents and information we have collated worldwide about Madeleine's disappearance so they can continue the investigations we carried out in Spain, Morocco and the rest of the world.
"I think there are six, seven or eight very important leads in there."
He claimed Portuguese police ignored the leads for political reasons, and that when his investigators visited Portugal, "we were never allowed to do a proper job. The English police are now continuing with an investigation which should never have been closed".
Asked if he believed Madeleine is still alive, Mr Marco said: "When we were investigating we were always trying to find a living child. Hopefully for the parents she will be found alive."
Madeleine's parents, who have younger twins, a boy and a girl, hired Metodo 3 to find Madeleine four months after she vanished, for a reported £50,000 a month.
The agency, which it was claimed had 40 staff working on the case, sent a team to Morocco to chase up leads that she might have been smuggled out of Portugal.
Today Mr Marco said he still believed that was "very possibly" what happened to her but he refused to give more details on the leads.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-24021284-maddy-police-following-eight-major-new-leads.do

WHY DIDN'T MR MARCO REPORT THESE EIGHT STRONG LEADS TO CEOP AND JIM GAMBLE FOLLOWING JIMS INTERNATIONAL VIDEO APPEAL ?
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 821

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 14.12.11 18:52

Didn't M3 liaise with Kate and Gerry and then Dave re the 5/6/7/8 important new leads, that are by now not new leads? And, if SY had not visited M3 would these 5/6/7/8 new leads ever have seen the light of day?

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by crewman 14.12.11 22:18

When policemen are seen walking out of a private office with boxes under their arms, it looks more like a seizure of pertinent documentation that it does a mutual "co-operation" between equal partners.

This SY investigation is getting quite interesting now.....
crewman

Activity : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.12.11 22:47

Nothing on any front pages about Leveson and and diary, but we get this in 2 papers...............

Metodo 3 Met police follow  new leads - 30 boxes taken - Page 2 16130603

Metodo 3 Met police follow  new leads - 30 boxes taken - Page 2 16130591
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfly 15.12.11 7:44

Colin Myler said he was told he had full support for publishing a story from Clarence Mitchell
Mr Myler told the Leveson press standards inquiry he had ‘nothing to gain and everything to lose’ from upsetting the couple, having developed a good relationship with them.
‘I stressed that I did not want Kate to come out of church on Sunday morning and find that the diaries were there without her knowledge.’
Asked why he did not phone Mr McCann to check if permission had been given, Mr Myler said: ‘Because Ian Edmondson had assured me on more than one occasion that Clarence [Mitchell] was aware of what we were intending to do.’
Mr Edmondson, who has since been arrested as part of the phone-hacking inquiry, told Mr Myler the diary was obtained from a Portuguese journalist

Speaking after yesterday’s hearing, Mr Mitchell said: ‘At no point in the one brief callemail not mentioned that I received from Ian Edmondson on the Friday evening before publication did he spell out categorically that they had purchased a version of Kate’s diary that had been leaked by the Portuguese police despite edmondson saying it was a journalist and that they were planning to publish it in as big a way so he knew then just thought it was not going to be as big? as they subsequently did.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2074346/NoW-Editor-Why-I-published-Kate-McCanns-personal-diary.html#ixzz1gaQnjjO5

dragonfly
dragonfly

Activity : 367

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheshire Cat 15.12.11 7:56

dragonfly wrote:Colin Myler said he was told he had full support for publishing a story from Clarence Mitchell
Mr Myler told the Leveson press standards inquiry he had ‘nothing to gain and everything to lose’ from upsetting the couple, having developed a good relationship with them.
‘I stressed that I did not want Kate to come out of church on Sunday morning and find that the diaries were there without her knowledge.’
Asked why he did not phone Mr McCann to check if permission had been given, Mr Myler said: ‘Because Ian Edmondson had assured me on more than one occasion that Clarence [Mitchell] was aware of what we were intending to do.’
Mr Edmondson, who has since been arrested as part of the phone-hacking inquiry, told Mr Myler the diary was obtained from a Portuguese journalist

Speaking after yesterday’s hearing, Mr Mitchell said: ‘At no point in the one brief callemail not mentioned that I received from Ian Edmondson on the Friday evening before publication did he spell out categorically that they had purchased a version of Kate’s diary that had been leaked by the Portuguese police despite edmondson saying it was a journalist and that they were planning to publish it in as big a way so he knew then just thought it was not going to be as big? as they subsequently did.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2074346/NoW-Editor-Why-I-published-Kate-McCanns-personal-diary.html#ixzz1gaQnjjO5

Oh dear Clarence, now you are the story!
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 821

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 15.12.11 16:10

Cheshire Cat wrote:Time to revisit McCann Files on M3. Makes very interesting reading:

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id76.html
According to Clarence Mitchell, Metodo 3 have been active in Portugal, which is illegal under Portuguese law, but Mr Mitchell claims Alipio Ribeiro has been turning a blind eye to it.

Metodo chief's statement.
He claimed Portuguese police ignored the leads for political reasons, and that when his investigators visited Portugal, "we were never allowed to do a proper job.

This is in direct contradiction to CM's statement, so who is telling porky pies?

Metodo 3 managing director Francisco Marco, 35, exclusively told the News of the World: "I'm certain Madeleine was kidnapped. And I'm also sure her parents had nothing to do with her disappearance.

"My own view is the most likely place to find her is Morocco. We're working very hard on all information indicating that. But I stress that we are following up EVERYTHING."

The highly-respected Spanish detective agency Metodo 3 have NEVER FAILED to find a missing person they've hunted—including a teenage boy they rescued after he was abducted by a pervert.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 15.12.11 16:23

Angelique wrote:
aiyoyo wrote:Oh dear, in all the 4-1/2 years only a few leads were spinned in the press, now all of a sudden just as the MET arrived on the scene Metedo 3 has not one, not two, but EIGHT NEW LEADS!

Since they are paid 50K a month why didn't they follow up the EIGHT very important leads?

Why did they allow MET to sieze 30 boxes from their office - what will they be left to work with to earn their 50K a month remuneration?

Seems to me SY is investigating the mccanns PIs hence their Fund more than anything else!

Let's see whether they wheel out the pink machine? When that happens it is a sign they need professional help to control what comes out of the media and it will be their made-up facts (incidentally that bit is gerry cliche).

aiyoyo

Is it just possible the reason is because as soon as cameroon said "Yes to a Review" they furiously started typing!

The pertinent point is they are no longer hired by the mccanns so who gave them the 8 new leads?

They must be referring to old leads on their records, so why call them new leads?

No matter the date of the leads, if they are SO important why did they sit on them without handing them over to mccanns, who can in turn hand them over to the UK police.

Metodo 3 head in charge said the PJ wouldnt handle them for political reasons which isn't correct because pte detectives parallel investigation is illegal in PT as CM pointed out.

Another pertinent question is who is the source for Daily Mail story, as in who told them about the 8 new leads? Metodo 3? Cant be the Yard.

There must be a leak somewhere about the Yard operation, otherwise how come a photographer was conveniently positioned just as the contingent cart away the files.

Was Metodo 3 expecting the visit? When was the date of the visit?
Why is the story appearing now that interesting snippets are revealed at the LI? Is this coincidence?

Who is spinning the story? Team mccanns or the pte detectives?

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 15.12.11 16:27

dragonfly wrote:

Simply classical!
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 15.12.11 16:46

Cheshire Cat wrote:
dragonfly wrote:Colin Myler said he was told he had full support for publishing a story from Clarence Mitchell

Speaking after yesterday’s hearing, Mr Mitchell said: ‘At no point in the one brief callemail not mentioned that I received from Ian Edmondson on the Friday evening before publication did he spell out categorically that they had purchased a version of Kate’s diary that had been leaked by the Portuguese police despite edmondson saying it was a journalist and that they were planning to publish it in as big a wa
y
so he knew then just thought it was not going to be as big? as they subsequently did.’

He said one phone call. NOTW said he was in "daily" contact with Ian Edmondson.
Who is telling porky pies?

despite edmondson saying it was a journalist and that they were planning to publish it in as big a way

Here is the admission Edmondson told him they got it (the diary) from a journalist (as opposed to PJ who they claimed was the primary leak source ) and were planning to print it in a BIG way (as opposed to PT extracted version), so what did CM think Edmondson was going to print it in a big way if it wasnt the diary? The whole focus of the convo was about the diary - it was the theme - the conversation topic so to speak.

Maybe this is what Robert Jay refers to when he said one of the docs supports Colin Myler's claim that mccanns Rep was in discussion with Edmondson over the diary, where he expressed no objection to the publication. He even said so long as the article is positive about the mccanns it was OK. Under that circumstance, how else can Edmondson interpret that - other than CM's didn't object meaning he had objection hence he approved.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 15.12.11 18:10

aiyoyo wrote:
Cheshire Cat wrote:

Speaking after yesterday’s hearing, Mr Mitchell said: ‘At no point in the one brief callemail not mentioned that I received from Ian Edmondson on the Friday evening before publication did he spell out categorically that they had purchased a version of Kate’s diary that had been leaked by the Portuguese police despite edmondson saying it was a journalist and that they were planning to publish it in as big a wa
y
so he knew then just thought it was not going to be as big? as they subsequently did.’

He said one phone call. NOTW said he was in "daily" contact with Ian Edmondson.
Who is telling porky pies?

despite edmondson saying it was a journalist and that they were planning to publish it in as big a way

Here is the admission Edmondson told him they got it (the diary) from a journalist (as opposed to PJ who they claimed was the primary leak source ) and were planning to print it in a BIG way (as opposed to PT extracted version), so what did CM think Edmondson was going to print it in a big way if it wasnt the diary? The whole focus of the convo was about the diary - it was the theme - the conversation topic so to speak.

Maybe this is what Robert Jay refers to when he said one of the docs supports Colin Myler's claim that mccanns Rep was in discussion with Edmondson over the diary, where he expressed no objection to the publication. He even said so long as the article is positive about the mccanns it was OK. Under that circumstance, how else can Edmondson interpret that - other than CM's didn't object meaning he had objection hence he approved.

I have read elsewhere that PJ meant Potuguese Journalist, a lady.

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by Buildersbum 15.12.11 19:55

How far will Mitchell go to to protect the McCanns, its not like he is on full pay is it, isn't he on a retainer, only paid when needed, wonder if he is on over time this week, if not bet he will be next weekMetodo 3 Met police follow  new leads - 30 boxes taken - Page 2 0197
Buildersbum

Activity : 49

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot 15.12.11 20:49

aiyoyo wrote:
Angelique wrote:
aiyoyo wrote:Oh dear, in all the 4-1/2 years only a few leads were spinned in the press, now all of a sudden just as the MET arrived on the scene Metedo 3 has not one, not two, but EIGHT NEW LEADS!

Since they are paid 50K a month why didn't they follow up the EIGHT very important leads?

Why did they allow MET to sieze 30 boxes from their office - what will they be left to work with to earn their 50K a month remuneration?

Seems to me SY is investigating the mccanns PIs hence their Fund more than anything else!

Let's see whether they wheel out the pink machine? When that happens it is a sign they need professional help to control what comes out of the media and it will be their made-up facts (incidentally that bit is gerry cliche).

aiyoyo

Is it just possible the reason is because as soon as cameroon said "Yes to a Review" they furiously started typing!

The pertinent point is they are no longer hired by the mccanns so who gave them the 8 new leads?

They must be referring to old leads on their records, so why call them new leads?

No matter the date of the leads, if they are SO important why did they sit on them without handing them over to mccanns, who can in turn hand them over to the UK police.

Metodo 3 head in charge said the PJ wouldnt handle them for political reasons which isn't correct because pte detectives parallel investigation is illegal in PT as CM pointed out.

Another pertinent question is who is the source for Daily Mail story, as in who told them about the 8 new leads? Metodo 3? Cant be the Yard.

There must be a leak somewhere about the Yard operation, otherwise how come a photographer was conveniently positioned just as the contingent cart away the files.

Was Metodo 3 expecting the visit? When was the date of the visit?
Why is the story appearing now that interesting snippets are revealed at the LI? Is this coincidence?

Who is spinning the story? Team mccanns or the pte detectives?

Good point aiyioyo

How on earth did Metado 3 still have 30 boxes of their research (with 6 - 8 leads) done for the McCanns AFTER no longer being their private investigators?

Remember the McCanns sued to get the Police files which Clarence Mitchell described as "gold dust" - yet DIDN'T BOTHER collecting 30 boxes of information from Metado 3?

If they had collected the 30 boxes (or had copies of the information) then of course as surely ALL innocent people would do they would have shared the information with Scotland Yard for the review team to - well "review".

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by Shibboleth 15.12.11 21:17

Were the boxes handed over without argument? Or were they seized? I have seen reports using both words, but there is a big difference to the meaning.

Shibboleth

Activity : 521

Back to top Go down

Post by crewman 15.12.11 22:15

I don't think Scotland Yard have taken the M3 documents to chase up possible sightings; rather, they've taken them to ascertain the nature of the work M3 was doing in regard to the McCann case. Hence there's been no comment from SY as to why they took the files, and I think this sudden discovery of 6/7/8 "new" leads is a classic piece of spin from the ever vigilant Mr Mitchell.

Plus, chasing up leads isn't in the SY remit anyway, so everything points towards the idea that the review team have sensed something fishy is going on, and they're trying to get to the bottom of it.....
crewman

Activity : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 15.12.11 22:21

Shibboleth wrote:Were the boxes handed over without argument? Or were they seized? I have seen reports using both words, but there is a big difference to the meaning.
Scotland Yard have no jurisdiction in Spain, or Portugal, or anywhere else outside the UK and HM dominions.
When they are in Spain or Portugal they have the status of tourists.
The boxes were handed over. Without argument, though perhaps after negotiation.
They were not 'seized'.

Which makes the whole story even more fascinating.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 18.12.11 6:03

PeterMac wrote:
Shibboleth wrote:Were the boxes handed over without argument? Or were they seized? I have seen reports using both words, but there is a big difference to the meaning.
Scotland Yard have no jurisdiction in Spain, or Portugal, or anywhere else outside the UK and HM dominions.
When they are in Spain or Portugal they have the status of tourists.
The boxes were handed over. Without argument, though perhaps after negotiation.
They were not 'seized'.

PeterMac

I beg to differ. The Yard were accompanied by the Spanish police suggesting that mutual interpol treaty (or whatever is applicable) to work with local police was exercised when they collected those boxes. So no way of knowing whether handed over willingly or begrudgingly but I would hazard a guess it to be the latter.

If handed over by negotiation why 30 boxes? Surely just relevant and useful info for the 8 important new leads would suffice. Why hand over junks? 30 boxes to sieve through?
And if by prior negotiation surely electronic version filed on a usb would suffice by post and does not require the involvement of local police while wasting manpower and taxpayers money.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 18.12.11 7:26

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/290600Morocco
UK NEWS

MADELEINE: SECRET FILES REVEAL FOUR 'SIGHTINGS' IN MOROCCO

The Spanish private detective agency’s secret files are key “sightings” of Madeleine in Morocco

Sunday December 18,2011
By EXCLUSIVE from James Murray
SCOTLAND YARD detectives have been given a vast dossier of unpublished details about possible sightings of Madeleine McCann that might provide a breakthrough in the four-year hunt.
Today the Sunday Express can reveal that among the Spanish private detective agency’s secret files are key “sightings[/u]” [u]of Madeleine in Morocco.

Metodo 3 director general Francisco Marco Fernandez last week gave 30 boxes of documents to four Yard detectives at his office in Barcelona.

Speaking exclusively to the Sunday Express, the private eye said: “I think this could be a significant moment in the effort to discoverwhat happened to the child. I am very glad all our leads will now be looked at by the Yard because they are important.
“There were about eight interesting leads which they will examine but I cannot say any more because I have agreed total secrecy with Scotland Yard.”
He reluctantly spoke of four “interesting” sightings in Morocco after Madeleine, then aged four, disappeared from her ­holiday apartment in Praia da Luz, ­Portugal, on May 3, 2007.
There were about eight interesting leads which they will examine but I cannot say any more because I have agreed total secrecy with Scotland Yard
Metodo 3 director general Francisco Marco Fernandez
It is known there were two possible sightings in Marrakech: one was at a petrol ­station when a child strongly resembling her was seen going into a shop three months after she was snatched.
A witness told Metodo 3 she had the same unusual eye ­feature as Madeleine.
There was another sighting of a child resembling Madeleine at an ­adjacent hotel on the same day at around the same time.
In a third sighting, a Moroccan-looking woman was seen carrying a blonde-haired, white-skinned girl.
The child was eventually identified as the five-year-old daughter of an olive farmer.

SEARCH UK NEWS for:

Mr Fernandez would not say if any of the four sightings in the secret dossier were already known but said: “It is very intriguing information.
“We took inquiries as far as we could and then handed it over to the Portuguese police. We did it all in the proper way, wrote a report then gave it to Spanish police and they would pass it on to the Portuguese police for us.

We never really heard back from the Portuguese so I can’t say what they did.”

Asked if he ever spoke to the former Portuguese detective in charge of the hunt, Goncalo Amaral, he frowned and shook his head. “Don’t talk to me about that man,” he said. “I can’t believe the things he said in his book. He got it so wrong.”

However, Mr Amaral told the Sunday Express that Metodo 3 never provided a strong lead. “They gave information about sightings but it was not enough and you could not prove it was Madeleine,” he said.

A source close to Metodo 3 said: “Officially or unofficially Metodo 3 have never stopped looking for Madeleine. It was the biggest job they were ever given. People literally went all over the world and it has become very personal for many of them.

When Mr Fernandez was asked if Madeleine’s parents, Gerry and Kate McCann, had requested him to hand over his files to the Yard, said: “Of course, I would need their permission but I am not going to say any more. All our ­dealings with the McCanns are confidential and private.”

In November the Scotland Yard detectives hunting for Madeleine spent two days talking to high-ranking Spanish detectives with expertise in organised crime syndicates in Spain and Portugal. Among theories being examined was that she was smuggled out of Portugal on a yacht which sailed to ­Barcelona.

At the city’s marina on May 7, 2007, a British holidaymaker told private investigators about a bizarre encounter.
In the early hours a woman asked him if he was about to deliver her “new” daughter.
That woman has never been traced.
The Yard’s activities have given new hope to doctors Kate and Gerry McCann, both 43, of Rothley, Leicestershire. Yesterday their spokesman Clarence Mitchell said: They are very pleased that police are continuing to work and review the case and that progress is being made.
“They welcome this and hope the team will bring a new ­perspective to the case. For operational reasons we cannot comment on details of the review but it is a step in the right direction
.”

Kate has criticised officers in the botched Portuguese investigation for not bothering to ­follow up leads in North Africa, particularly the sighting in Marrakesh.
In her book, Madeleine, she tells of her anger that little was done about the sighting at a petrol station near Marrakesh.
A month later police were told the witness had still not been interviewed.
She writes: “It was intolerable. This was our daughter’s life they were dealing with, not a stolen car radio.”
I find all the quotations interesting. They all points one direction and from one common source.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Shibboleth 18.12.11 11:06

Perhaps they still have a grudge about not being paid the GBP50,000 per month that the McCann claimed. And perhaps, handing over the boxes of *leads* is their *revenge*. They have not told us where these 6/7/8 *leads* were *leading* to.

Shibboleth

Activity : 521

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 18.12.11 21:17

I may have a simplistic view here. Metodo3 were hired by TM. Wouldn't that mean that all information and documents were the property of the McCann's? If that's the case why when M3 were released from their contract were ANY files left with them? Is it suggesting that M3 deliberately with-held info? and if there were 8 important leads why would TM not have hired another PI company to check things out? Perhaps there wasn't sufficient money in the Fund to do that at the time, however it begs the question why the huge press release that 30 boxes of info was still sitting in an office...the questions go on.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline 18.12.11 23:05

aquila wrote:I may have a simplistic view here. Metodo3 were hired by TM. Wouldn't that mean that all information and documents were the property of the McCann's? If that's the case why when M3 were released from their contract were ANY files left with them? Is it suggesting that M3 deliberately with-held info? and if there were 8 important leads why would TM not have hired another PI company to check things out? Perhaps there wasn't sufficient money in the Fund to do that at the time, however it begs the question why the huge press release that 30 boxes of info was still sitting in an office...the questions go on.

a terrific point Aquila.

You would think that the McCanns would ask for their files to be given to them to be passed to the new detectives they would engage.

The Fund always had money so there was no financial reason not to pay someone to follow up the leads. If you look at the balance sheets of the 3 sets of accounts filed you will see there was always plenty of cash.

As you say Aquila, the questions go on.
pauline
pauline

Activity : 557

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 19.12.11 0:27

The whole M3 is a con

Activity : 4400

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 19.12.11 4:55

crewman wrote:I don't think Scotland Yard have taken the M3 documents to chase up possible sightings; rather, they've taken them to ascertain the nature of the work M3 was doing in regard to the McCann case. Hence there's been no comment from SY as to why they took the files, and I think this sudden discovery of 6/7/8 "new" leads is a classic piece of spin from the ever vigilant Mr Mitchell.

Plus, chasing up leads isn't in the SY remit anyway, so everything points towards the idea that the review team have sensed something fishy is going on, and they're trying to get to the bottom of it.....

That is so SPOT on.

The Yard can no nought about the sightings. They cant go about investigating them because it's outside their scopes of duty.

Besides, there is no logic for M3 to sit on them without informing the mccanns. So assuming mccanns were already informed about the 8 IMPORTANT leads, questions:

Why didnt they hand over these leads to their successive detectives to follow up and investigate if they are so IMPORTANT?

Why did they allow those IMPORTANT leads to languish in M3 posh office to collect dust?

Why did they not volunteer to hand these IMPORTANT leads info over to the Yard especially when anyone is free to send info and/or evidence to the Yard?
Even M3 could have done that if the mccanns failed to do so? So why didn't M3 do that if they deemed the leads so IMPORTANT.

They now say mccanns had given permission for them to release the files, so does it mean if the mccanns denied them the permission, they are just going to sit on them and refuse to hand over to the Yard despite the 8 important leads.

In my view, they have collating plenty of junks but mainly 8 fabricated leads, to render their work genuine to avoid detection from shell detective works.
The instructions or scope of duty given by BK to them is what interests me?
M3 head admitted he was paid by BK and the Fund which opens up a whole load of questions that must be of interest to the Yard if they are to do a comprehensive review.

Questions like:
Why was BK personally involved with the hire of and paying pte detectives?
Did mccanns authorized him to do that?
If not, why did someone of his calibre (a millionaire who has plenty on his plate) take a personal interest in the mccanns to that extent that he chose to do the ground work for the mccanns?
Why did he have to pay M3, specifically what did he want them to do as scope of duty? Why wasn't payment coming from the Fund?
Why did the mccanns lie to the donating public the Fund was for search when their detectives was partially paid by BK?
If, as Head of M3 said they were paid jointly by BK and the Fund, then in that case who did M3 give their reports to? Where did their allegiance lie - was it BK or mccanns?
Last but not least, did M3 also have to ask BK for permission before handing over those files to the Yard. If not, why not, since both were their paymasters?

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 19.12.11 7:37

aiyoyo wrote: SNIP Scotland Yard have no jurisdiction in Spain, or Portugal, or anywhere else outside the UK and HM dominions.

PeterMac
I beg to differ. The Yard were accompanied by the Spanish police suggesting that mutual interpol treaty (or whatever is applicable) to work with local police was exercised when they collected those boxes. So no way of knowing whether handed over willingly or begrudgingly but I would hazard a guess it to be the latter.
Good point. If the Spanish police had a warrant or some other authority they would have been able to seize the boxes, but under what authority would they then simply hand them over to a foreign power ? They surely ought then to have gone through them to see what was revealed. But that would mean that the Spanish Police, either the Guardia Civil or more likely the Policia Nacional, had in some way taken over the case, or some part of it. perhaps not the "alleged abduction, since that is nothing to do with them,but perhaps money laundering, or fraud.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top