The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Met police fly to Spain re Madeleine disappearance - Page 2 Mm11

Met police fly to Spain re Madeleine disappearance - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Met police fly to Spain re Madeleine disappearance - Page 2 Mm11

Met police fly to Spain re Madeleine disappearance - Page 2 Regist10

Met police fly to Spain re Madeleine disappearance

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Met police fly to Spain re Madeleine disappearance - Page 2 Empty Re: Met police fly to Spain re Madeleine disappearance

Post by Liz Eagles 05.12.11 15:18

quickfingers wrote:Latest from the Sun http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3979304/Maddie-cops-flew-to-Spain-in-review.html

Link to the Find Madeleine site at the bottom.

I just read the find Madeleine blurb. Apart from it asking me to part with money and the 'Madeleine is still missing and someone needs to be looking for her' which need no comment, what I really want to know about is the investigation line. Is this the line for Scotland Yard?

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Met police fly to Spain re Madeleine disappearance - Page 2 Empty Clarrie

Post by uppatoffee 05.12.11 15:23

So is he still working for the McCanns then, just in a reduced capacity? I thought he'd gone and got a proper job?! big grin
uppatoffee
uppatoffee

Activity : 645

Back to top Go down

Met police fly to Spain re Madeleine disappearance - Page 2 Empty Re: Met police fly to Spain re Madeleine disappearance

Post by Guest 05.12.11 15:26

I notice in all the news stories no-one is using the word abducted - CR might like to note this!

5 December 2011 Last updated at 15:12

Madeleine McCann: Police hold talks in Spain A team of 30 officers from Scotland Yard are working on the investigation

Scotland Yard detectives have held talks with colleagues in Spain as part of their review of the Madeleine McCann case.

Officers spent three days in Barcelona last month discussing Madeleine's disappearance across the border in Portugal.

The Metropolitan Police said there would be no limits in its re-examination of the search.

The trip follows a police visit to Portugal earlier in August.

Madeleine, from Rothley in Leicestershire, went missing from her family's holiday flat in Praia da Luz in the Algarve on 3 May 2007.

Scotland Yard said the visit to Spain, like those to Portugal , was about building relationships with police in foreign jurisdictions involved in the Madeleine McCann case.

A team of 30 officers from Scotland Yard are working on the investigation.

Hundreds of possible sightings have been reported around the world since she disappeared, but so far they have all come to nothing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-16037144
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by uppatoffee 05.12.11 15:34

Good point CF. even the Daily Fail is going with disappearance. Maybe there is hope yet.

Btw just seen the photo fit of the Victoria Beckham lookalike. If I was Victoria, I think I'd be pretty upset with those comparisons! laughat
uppatoffee
uppatoffee

Activity : 645

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 05.12.11 15:43

Perhaps finally the dog is wagging the tail. It is a disappearance - that change of language is very significant.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 05.12.11 15:44

Newintown wrote:
Gillyspot wrote:Quote "Kate and Gerry McCann, Madeleine's parents, issued a statement today hailing the work of the Metropolitan Police, saying : "We are pleased that the review is making progress."

Do you think that is code for OMG they may find something?

Whatever the McCanns or Mitchell say, you can always believe the opposite.

I would imagine SY has to rule out all possibilities before taking the case forward, looking into all possible sightings and the work (or non-work) of the the McCanns PIs would be paramount into how genuine the search was and what they were really employed/paid to do and if any of their sightings were real or fictious, if fictious then it would be seen as perverting the cause of justice, or whatever it's called.

Only my opinion of course.

I think you are right.
They might have finished studying the files or arrived at that stage where the investigation into the mccanns bogus detectives becomes
imperative to the going forward for the revie w because that is of great significance to the whole case.

IF they find evidence that the mccanns detectives were bogus, making bogus claims, and not actually doing work related to the search or sighting of Maddie, then that is very strong evidence mccanns lied for a reason.

Once they established the truth about their bogus search, then surely the next step in their direction is narrowed down, and their next focus will on the mccanns, to ascertain why they lied about their private detectives and alleged search, then everything in the process files will fall into right places for them. Mccanns and friends inconsistencies if taken in context with their lies about their search would have a hugh impact on direction of the review team imo.

Homicide squad trip to spain has nothing to do checking the sightings but checking the private detectives and probably Ed Smethurst connection with the football club in Spain and how Brian kennedy became involved in the PIs hire.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 05.12.11 15:55

uppatoffee wrote:So is he still working for the McCanns then, just in a reduced capacity? I thought he'd gone and got a proper job?! big grin

And I thought his proper job is to control what comes out of the media about the mccanns.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.12.11 16:00

From Martin Brunt blog........

The Madeleine Team Spreads Its Wings

Martin Brunt
December 05, 2011 2:52 PM

The Madeleine McCann review team are certainly clocking up the miles and expanding their horizons.

Initially we were told that the Scotland Yard review would be largely a paper exercise, but now we learn three detectives spent a few days in Barcelona last month.

That's on top of three trips to Portugal since the Prime Minister ordered the review on the fourth anniversary of Madeleine's disappearance in May, 2007.

Why Barcelona? Perhaps because that was the base of the private investigators Metodo 3 the McCanns hired at great and mostly fruitless expense.

Or is it because that was the sighting of the Victoria Beckham-lookalike suspect, seen and heard outside a marina restaurant asking a complete stranger: "Have you got the girl?".

The Yard is reluctant to discuss details of the latest trip, maybe because staff are conscious of the expense totting up by its 30-man squad at a time of severe cutbacks.

Some senior cops felt they were bounced into the "investigative review" by an over-anxious Prime Minister who responded to pleas from Kate and Gerry McCann.

In the old days a full-team from the Yard was regularly parachuted in to help rescue major unsolved crimes, home and abroad.

And I'm sure they are just as welcome in Portugal and Spain as they were in Pontefract and Stevenage.

http://blogs.news.sky.com/lifeofcrime/Post:027e6ec3-2db5-4452-8b0c-5717ea25e8c9
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 05.12.11 17:14

candyfloss wrote:From Martin Brunt blog........
Why Barcelona? Perhaps because that was the base of the private investigators Metodo 3 the McCanns hired at great and mostly fruitless expense.
Or is it because that was the sighting of the Victoria Beckham-lookalike suspect, seen and heard outside a marina restaurant asking a complete stranger: "Have you got the girl?".
...or perhaps to speak to Antonio Giménez Raso, who is currently in prison in Barcelona awaiting final details of his sentence. The prosecutor has asked for 18 YEARS, so Antonio may wish to be seen to be helpful, and put in a plea for mitigation or sentence on those grounds.
He has been languishing there since his trial, and indeed since his arrest some years ago, and may be ready to speak to someone from the outside world.
He, we should remember, is the one who was in Morocco when there were all those 'sightings'.
He, we should remember, was the one about whom the story was told that he had paid people to come up with 'sightings'.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16570

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 05.12.11 17:31

PeterMac wrote:
...or perhaps to speak to Antonio Giménez Raso, who is currently in prison in Barcelona awaiting final details of his sentence. The prosecutor has asked for 18 YEARS, so Antonio may wish to be seen to be helpful, and put in a plea for mitigation or sentence on those grounds.
He has been languishing there since his trial, and indeed since his arrest some years ago, and may be ready to speak to someone from the outside world.
He, we should remember, is the one who was in Morocco when there were all those 'sightings'.
He, we should remember, was the one about whom the story was told that he had paid people to come up with 'sightings'.

You're very "up to speed" PeterMac on all these strange goings on, let's hope that someone may "blow the whistle" for a lighter sentence. I've always found it strange that the McCanns never came forward and distanced themselves from the announcement by Metodo 3 that "Madeleine will be home by Christmas". Even if it was made up by the UK press, K & G could have made some statement that it was not credible but I don't think we heard a word from them about it. With all the money paid to Metodo 3 with no proper outcome, it does make you wonder why they were employed in the first place, especially as some of their "staff" seemed to have very dodgy backgrounds. I think a lot of us can make up our own minds on that with so much money changing hands.
Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 05.12.11 17:52

Newintown wrote:
PeterMac wrote:

You're very "up to speed" PeterMac on all these strange goings on, let's hope that someone may "blow the whistle" for a lighter sentence. I've always found it strange that the McCanns never came forward and distanced themselves from the announcement by Metodo 3 that "Madeleine will be home by Christmas". Even if it was made up by the UK press, K & G could have made some statement that it was not credible but I don't think we heard a word from them about it. With all the money paid to Metodo 3 with no proper outcome, it does make you wonder why they were employed in the first place, especially as some of their "staff" seemed to have very dodgy backgrounds. I think a lot of us can make up our own minds on that with so much money changing hands.
w

Oh come on, it suits mccanns agenda for M3 to promise to deliver up Maddie for xmas because it reinforces mccanns agenda at a critical time when they were official suspects. They were behind the home by xmas story surely, so why would they comment on it?
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 05.12.11 18:17

aiyoyo wrote:
Newintown wrote:
PeterMac wrote:

w

Oh come on, it suits mccanns agenda for M3 to promise to deliver up Maddie for xmas because it reinforces mccanns agenda at a critical time when they were official suspects. They were behind the home by xmas story surely, so why would they comment on it?

That's what I meant, aiyoyo, although I probably didn't explain myself properly. Obviously, if the McCanns didn't dismiss the statement, they had something to do with it, as they have never spoken out against Metodo 3 and all their dodgy doings.
Newintown
Newintown

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 05.12.11 18:20

Where did Brunt get all these info?

The Mets were hacked or is it the corrupted Mets working for the Press?

It is a wonder why SY would announce interim report to the public?

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 05.12.11 19:31

I hope the whole Spanish affair wasn't a smoke screen in the first place. I am still very curious about the fridge blog, who is to say were that ended up and how long it took to throw away. Something keeps bringing me back to it as to freezer theory has so many unanswered questions. To whom it belonged and were it was is the biggest.

Why not take a drive round Spain visiting 'meaningless' places making any search a ridiculously large area that wont unearth anything.
Pershing36
Pershing36

Activity : 721

Back to top Go down

Post by kikoraton 05.12.11 20:18

Stella, Barcelona is all of one hour's travelling time away from me, and I haven't been there for over a week.
kikoraton
kikoraton
Researcher

Activity : 629

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.12.11 23:08

Met police fly to Spain re Madeleine disappearance - Page 2 16124410
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot 05.12.11 23:29

"Police: we are making progress"

Are SY going to promise to find Madeleine for Christmas as well!

I have found out by the way that SY officers were in Barcelona between the 23rd and 25th November 2011 (according to a Spanish newspaper)

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 05.12.11 23:32

Are the Met police really in Spain? If so, for what purpose?

They must be aware of the media reports about their presence there, if they are not there then they need to act upon this and find out why these stories are in circulation.

If they are well aware of the true facts of this case, and they are only doing this as Cameron says "to support the family" what purpose could a trip over there possibly serve, other than to come back and report in the mainstream media that the Met Police believe that Madeleine was smuggled across the Spanish border or something similar? I hope that the Met are not seriously thinking of getting involved with these crazy media articles that we have had to put up with, this would really discredit them.

On the other hand, if they are there, they may be carrying out a proper investigation. Who knows?
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11159

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.12.11 23:54

Another report which says that SY has previously been to Spain.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/most-popular/headlines/2011/12/05/madeleine-mccann-cops-fly-to-spain-as-part-of-case-review-115875-23612026/
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 06.12.11 0:14

Marian wrote:Another report which says that SY has previously been to Spain.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/most-popular/headlines/2011/12/05/madeleine-mccann-cops-fly-to-spain-as-part-of-case-review-115875-23612026/

Scotland Yard detectives have flown to Spain as part of their review of the Madeleine McCann case.

Officers spent three days with Spanish colleagues in Barcelona last month discussing the girl's disappearance across the border in Portugal.

The Metropolitan Police force has said there would be no limits in its re-examination of the search.

Madeleine was nearly four when she went missing from her family's holiday flat in Praia da Luz in the Algarve on May 3 2007 as her parents Kate and Gerry dined with friends nearby.

Police have also travelled to Portugal three times in connection with the fresh review, the force said.

Detectives are unwilling to discuss what led officers to travel to Barcelona to meet Spanish police between November 23 and 25.

But a Scotland Yard spokesman said: "The review continues. There has been very good co-operation with Portuguese authorities and liaison will continue.

"We are not prepared to discuss specific details of these visits nor speculate about any future deployments to Portugal or elsewhere."

Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood, the senior investigating officer, was understood to be among a team of detectives who went on the trips.

A total of 30 people are now working on the force's Operation Grange.

The review prompted criticism when it was launched in May, with politicians expressing concerns that it would divert resources from other crime victims.

It was sparked after a request from Home Secretary Theresa May supported by Prime Minister David Cameron.

Portuguese detectives, helped by officers from Leicestershire Police, carried out a massive investigation into Madeleine's disappearance.

But the official inquiry was formally shelved in July 2008 and since then no police force has been actively looking for the missing child.

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/most-popular/headlines/2011/12/05/madeleine-mccann-cops-fly-to-spain-as-part-of-case-review-115875-23612026/#ixzz1fi0PcA8J
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11159

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 06.12.11 2:34

sharonl wrote:
Marian wrote:Another report which says that SY has previously been to Spain.

Scotland Yard detectives have flown to Spain as part of their review of the Madeleine McCann case.

Officers spent three days with Spanish colleagues in Barcelona last month discussing the girl's disappearance across the border in Portugal.

The Metropolitan Police force has said there would be no limits in its re-examination of the search.

Madeleine was nearly four when she went missing from her family's holiday flat in Praia da Luz in the Algarve on May 3 2007 as her parents Kate and Gerry dined with friends nearby.

Police have also travelled to Portugal three times in connection with the fresh review, the force said.

Detectives are unwilling to discuss what led officers to travel to Barcelona to meet Spanish police between November 23 and 25.

But a Scotland Yard spokesman said: "The review continues. There has been very good co-operation with Portuguese authorities and liaison will continue.

"We are not prepared to discuss specific details of these visits nor speculate about any future deployments to Portugal or elsewhere."

That is a most curious statement - why would people 'speculate' deployments? Isnt this about a cold case review?
Where do deployments come into the picture? For argument sake, what would deployments to Portugal for example be for since this is a portugal led investigation? Talking in riddles or is this coded message?

Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood, the senior investigating officer, was understood to be among a team of detectives who went on the trips.

A total of 30 people are now working on the force's Operation Grange.

The review prompted criticism when it was launched in May, with politicians expressing concerns that it would divert resources from other crime victims.

It was sparked after a request from Home Secretary Theresa May supported by Prime Minister David Cameron.

Portuguese detectives, helped by officers from Leicestershire Police, carried out a massive investigation into Madeleine's disappearance.

But the official inquiry was formally shelved in July 2008 and since then no police force has been actively looking for the missing child.

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/most-popular/headlines/2011/12/05/madeleine-mccann-cops-fly-to-spain-as-part-of-case-review-115875-23612026/#ixzz1fi0PcA8J
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 06.12.11 4:41

Gillyspot wrote:"Police: we are making progress"

Are SY going to promise to find Madeleine for Christmas as well!

I have found out by the way that SY officers were in Barcelona between the 23rd and 25th November 2011 (according to a Spanish newspaper)

If they promise to arrest mccanns on Christmas people worldwide will choke on their turkey.

It seems all the papers national and regional have picked up on this news - christmas greetings for mccanns perhaps?
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 06.12.11 4:49

sharonl wrote:Are the Met police really in Spain? If so, for what purpose?

They must be aware of the media reports about their presence there, if they are not there then they need to act upon this and find out why these stories are in circulation.

If they are well aware of the true facts of this case, and they are only doing this as Cameron says "to support the family" what purpose could a trip over there possibly serve, other than to come back and report in the mainstream media that the Met Police believe that Madeleine was smuggled across the Spanish border or something similar? I hope that the Met are not seriously thinking of getting involved with these crazy media articles that we have had to put up with, this would really discredit them.

On the other hand, if they are there, they may be carrying out a proper investigation. Who knows?

They must be up to something arent they and nothing to do with the search or hunt.

Logically speaking this is a review, not an investigation, so no operational reasons to be in Spain unless it was to do review. Would investigation into M3 be considered part of the review? Or why successive pis didnt follow up on sightings? I should think so.

Also since this case is led by portugal side, they cant be doing any investigation without involving the PJ. If the reporting is accurate then questions have to be asked why are they laying the grounds for future cooperation with several police forces? what eventuality were they preparing the ground for?

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheshire Cat 06.12.11 7:22

aiyoyo wrote:
sharonl wrote:Are the Met police really in Spain? If so, for what purpose?

They must be up to something arent they and nothing to do with the search or hunt.

Logically speaking this is a review, not an investigation, so no operational reasons to be in Spain unless it was to do review. Would investigation into M3 be considered part of the review? Or why successive pis didnt follow up on sightings? I should think so.

Also since this case is led by portugal side, they cant be doing any investigation without involving the PJ. If the reporting is accurate then questions have to be asked why are they laying the grounds for future cooperation with several police forces? what eventuality were they preparing the ground for?

Were M3 the 'private dectectives' who carried out surveillance on Robert Murat and others?
The information obtained then being used as the basis for stories in the UK press?
Very risky for SY to be dealing with such people if this is part of the effort to give the MCann's theory credibility.
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 821

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 06.12.11 8:17

Being a 'review' what progress can realistically be made? Being it's not an investigation surely they will just return with 'Yes it was egg head man seen at 9.15 on the 3rd of May.

Or can they 'review' other theories?
Pershing36
Pershing36

Activity : 721

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top