The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Can the McCanns be thinking straight? Mm11

Can the McCanns be thinking straight? Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Can the McCanns be thinking straight? Mm11

Can the McCanns be thinking straight? Regist10

Can the McCanns be thinking straight?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can the McCanns be thinking straight? Empty Can the McCanns be thinking straight?

Post by IAmNotMerylStreep 02.12.11 12:01

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Can the McCanns be thinking straight?

By Terence Blacker, The Independent

Three years have passed since the disappearance of Madeleine McCann and her parents are determined that the search for her should not slip out of the world's headlines. To keep the story alive, they have just released a moody video, complete with a musical soundtrack, which includes a photograph of the three-year-old wearing make-up and gazing into the camera. It is that image which, predictably, has featured in the media,

It seems a bizarre and unsettling development. Clearly, Kate and Gerry McCann have been living through a nightmare of unimaginable horror and perhaps, even after three years, they are not thinking straight. If so, someone should surely have pointed out to them that, in a case over which paedophilia casts an obvious shadow, it looks downright weird when a photograph which has the effect of sexualising the missing child becomes part of the campaign to find her.

Obviously, the make-up game and the photograph were innocent at the time but, when the private picture is released into the public domain in these circumstances, something altogether nastier kicks in.

What was the point of this exercise, apart from getting more news coverage? At a time when there is justified concern over Primark selling Little Miss Naughty padded bras for eight-year-olds and allegations that Playboy brands are being aimed at the primary school market, the circulation of this can only feed prurience of the very worst kind.

Maybe it was a misjudgement, but it confirms a niggling sense that the McCanns' publicity–at-all-costs campaign has seriously lost its way.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
IAmNotMerylStreep
IAmNotMerylStreep

Activity : 240

Back to top Go down

Can the McCanns be thinking straight? Empty Re: Can the McCanns be thinking straight?

Post by Liz Eagles 02.12.11 12:27

Weird choice of photo. Always has been. Wonder who it's aimed at? It's not like we're going to associate a four year old child covered in make-up with one who's now eight years is it? who is giving these people advice? seems bonkers to me. Oh, and the video (I haven't watched it) how was that funded?
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Can the McCanns be thinking straight? Empty Re: Can the McCanns be thinking straight?

Post by Daisy 02.12.11 13:29

I can't seem to find it anywhere now, but didn't Gerry make a point of mentioning at the Leveson Inquiry how his mother was manipulated into handing over private 'family' photographs to reporters? Which photos was he referring to?

I also remember the photographer Paul Grover distancing himself from the 'lolita' style photos.

Quote Paul Grover: "I kind of get fed up with people thinking that I take pics of young
girls
there was nothing sinister they are not my pictures! So let that
be the end of it!"

"
THEY ARE NOT MINE!"

"
yes i did copy it from the family in Glasgow but i dont
know why it has my name on it I work for the Telegraph so it might
have someting to do with that i hope this helps you."

Did Gerry mention this at the LI to also distance themselves from the publication of these photos because of the public outcry about their unsuitability? I don't believe for one moment that Eileen McCann handed them over unwittingly. (Without permission)

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

― Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy
Daisy

Activity : 1312

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02.12.11 14:19

Aquila: this is the video which includes the image and two others which are in my mind equally disturbing. As far as I know it was produced (and presumably funded) by the McCanns' friend Jon Corner but no doubt someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 02.12.11 14:36

Marian wrote:Aquila: this is the video which includes the image and two others which are in my mind equally disturbing. As far as I know it was produced (and presumably funded) by the McCanns' friend Jon Corner but no doubt someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

thanks Marian. I agree with you about the other images.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top