The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Jeremy Vine Show BBC radio 2 today at 12pm

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Jeremy Vine Show BBC radio 2 today at 12pm

Post by pauline on 07.12.11 9:34

Jean, that is absolutely shocking that the BBC are issuing a generic reply that makes no mention of the key point that dissenters were accused of having mental health issues.

I hope your friend takes it further.

My suggestion - ask that they cover the issue again with Pat Brown or Tony Bennett on the show with a commitment to not insulting listeners (on either side) who email or ring in. This would deal with the complaint about lack of balance.
pauline

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 09.12.11 23:56

Back to top Go down

Post by Shibboleth on 10.12.11 7:00

@mrscee wrote:Please see below the response I received from the BBC - my complaint focused on the issue of bias, and also the fact that the optician was slandered on air. This latter point was not addressed. However.... just wow! I am speechless, and don't quite know where to start in putting together a response to this.

Reference CAS-1121290-S32SQX

Thanks for contacting us about 'Jeremy Vine' broadcast on 24 November.

I have reviewed the item on the Jeremy Vine Show which focused on the Leveson Enquiry evidence given by the McCanns. The thrust of the item was the revelations of their shocking treatment by the press.

There were a number of e-mails read out from both sides which clearly presented the argument and gave balance to the item overall.

I'm sorry you felt that Jeremy was one-sided, but you'll appreciate that the McCanns haven't been found guilty of any offence, despite an extensive police investigation. Therefore it would be inappropriate, if legally dubious for him to imply anything other than the couple are totally innocent.

Over the years we've covered the McCann story from a wide range of perspectives and aired the arguments repeatedly, but given their innocence, the programme on this occasion (and in the light of the Leveson evidence) suggested that those who believe they're guilty, although they're entitled to an opinion, have no evidence to support those opinions, and are being provocative and possibly even libellous.

Leaving aside the fact that they've lost a child, the revelations of their treatment by parts of the press have horrified most reasonable people and we believe Jeremy was correct to challenge the unpleasant contributions in the light of the known facts.

Kind Regards

Phil Hughes | Editor Programmes
BBC Radio 2

The McCann have not been proven innocent. The case has been shelved, not closed. The McCann can never be proven innocent until Madeleine, or her body, is found. And then we know the truth, of whether anyone is innocent or not. This is an appalling mistake from a senior editor at the BBC. Do journalists in the UK have to study law as part of their degree, they certainly do that here.

Shibboleth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern on 10.12.11 8:08

@Shibboleth wrote:The McCann have not been proven innocent. The case has been shelved, not closed. The McCann can never be proven innocent until Madeleine, or her body, is found. And then we know the truth, of whether anyone is innocent or not. This is an appalling mistake from a senior editor at the BBC. Do journalists in the UK have to study law as part of their degree, they certainly do that here.

I don't think a body would need to be found for them to be proven guilty....ask Mr Proust.

The case would need to be reopened and the investigation brought to a conclusion...and we know the McCanns have the power to request it being reopened for the cost of a stamp on the letter to the Portuguese Prosecutor, but for some reason they don't seem to want to do that

It would seem that Mr Amaral still believes that this will happen regardless though.

"Justice works in silence"

Happy Christmas Kate and Gerry....but, better still let's hope the New Year brings about a conclusion for you
Jill Havern

View user profile http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by bristow on 16.12.11 11:46

Discussion today based on Kate McCanns diary being published by NOTW.
bristow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 16.12.11 12:09

Thanks for the info bristow thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 16.12.11 12:16

Am sure the unbiased, impartial & professional Jeremy Vine will be telling listeners to go see their doctors and seek medical help for having an opinion that is different to his...and how corrupt and incompetent the Portuguese are

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy on 16.12.11 12:25

@bristow wrote:Discussion today based on Kate McCanns diary being published by NOTW.
What, on Jeremy Vine???
If so, let's hope this isn't as biased as the last one... The Leveson enquiry has turned up much evidence to show the diary business isn't as clear cut as K+G would have us believe! Who lied? Katey? Gerry? Clarrie? NOTW? All of them???

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.
rainbow-fairy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline on 16.12.11 12:34

Maybe this programme is a response to hopefully the many complaints they had about the last McCann coverage and provide more balance.

But I think very hard to provide coverage that is both balanced and clear to the listener given the complexities of the case and that in the leveson context there are porkies, half truths etc on both sides
pauline

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline on 16.12.11 13:40

Just listened to the show and very little about the McCanns (JV being careful!).

He opened with a reference to the McCanns diary being published without their consent and how the feature was looking at the hurt the reading of diaries could cause. He mentioned that NOTW thought they had permission and it was obvious he didn't believe that.

A journalist talked about her partner reading her diary. Interestingly this journalist ended by saying that you cannot totally believe diaries as there can be self censorship and particularly when the long term intention might be publication as in the case of say a politician.

Emails and calls were taken re diaries that had been read and hurt/problems caused. It was interesting.

then Jeremy brought it back to the McCanns and said we were discussing diaries in the context of leveson. He did not repeat his opening remark that NOTW felt they had permission and nor did he say at any stage that some people suspect the diaries were leaked by the McCanns.

The listeners carried on about their own diaries.

Whether they had lots of listener reaction about the McCann diaries (either way) and the production team decided to leave them out and play safe, there's no way of knowing.

It would have been good if he had followed up the journalist points about the accuracy and self censorship of diaries.
pauline

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy on 16.12.11 15:34

@pauline wrote:Just listened to the show and very little about the McCanns (JV being careful!).

He opened with a reference to the McCanns diary being published without their consent and how the feature was looking at the hurt the reading of diaries could cause. He mentioned that NOTW thought they had permission and it was obvious he didn't believe that.

A journalist talked about her partner reading her diary. Interestingly this journalist ended by saying that you cannot totally believe diaries as there can be self censorship and particularly when the long term intention might be publication as in the case of say a politician.

Emails and calls were taken re diaries that had been read and hurt/problems caused. It was interesting.

then Jeremy brought it back to the McCanns and said we were discussing diaries in the context of leveson. He did not repeat his opening remark that NOTW felt they had permission and nor did he say at any stage that some people suspect the diaries were leaked by the McCanns.

The listeners carried on about their own diaries.

Whether they had lots of listener reaction about the McCann diaries (either way) and the production team decided to leave them out and play safe, there's no way of knowing.

It would have been good if he had followed up the journalist points about the accuracy and self censorship of diaries.
Yes, that was the bit I heard - Nicki someone-or-other? Couldn't listen to anymore after JV said 'but then you have to think of parents of a missing, maybe murdered girl having their diary read...' Er, no... From the evidence heard at the LI it seems to me the diary was yet another scam, a 'plant' if you like, to make money. Then complain about 'mental rape'. The depths to which tose two will sink truly knows no bounds...

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.
rainbow-fairy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by roy rovers on 08.01.14 0:06

Poor Jeremy he's so credulous. He read out a text in all seriousness on his radio 2 show today from someone using the pseudonym 'Phil McCavity'. (One half of the joke about the irish homosexuals Ben Doonegan and Phil McCavity - will all due respect to my irish and homosexual friends). I laughed out loud so much that he couldn't tell it was a piss take I nearly had to pull my car over.
roy rovers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Five Star on 08.01.14 12:38

What about Sandy McKrakin and his brother Phil.      big grin
Five Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.01.14 13:19

@roy rovers wrote:Poor Jeremy he's so credulous. He read out a text in all seriousness on his radio 2 show today from someone using the pseudonym 'Phil McCavity'. (One half of the joke about the irish homosexuals Ben Doonegan and Phil McCavity - will all due respect to my irish and homosexual friends). I laughed out loud so much that he couldn't tell it was a piss take I nearly had to pull my car over.

Is this anything to do with Uncle Phil?  laughat 

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 08.01.14 13:24

@Five Star wrote:What about Sandy McKrakin and his brother Phil.      big grin

There was also Alan Fitzpatrick and Patrick Fitzalan

The amazing symbiosis between bees and flowers:

https://answersingenesis.org/evidence-for-creation/god-created-plant-pollinator-partners/  

Tony Bennett
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.01.14 13:31

A bit off topic but I can understand how the penny can sometimes take a while to drop when someone is extracting the urine - and for once I'm not talking about you know who.

Many years ago I worked with a woman whose previous job was on directory enquiries. Her stories of the obscene calls she received kept us all entertained!

On one occasion at the end of a busy day she had a call from a very well-spoken man asking for a number for - brace yourselves folks - the Penis Erection Company.

As my friend was very tired and the caller sounded respectable rather than a drunken yob, the meaning of the words didn't register and she was going through the directories in whatever town was given, trying to find the number.

Eventually the penny did drop with a resounding clang and she terminated the call.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 20.02.14 13:10

Bumping this topic in view of the current one about a BBC phone-in.

McCann doubters were treated appallingly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 20.02.14 14:43

@Ladyinred wrote:Tony, yes, that's me (not my real name or location).

5 Live did know which topic I was going to raise.  I spoke with a researcher initially, then the editor.  I was the only caller to want to speak about the case, and he was hopeful that someone would call to discuss it.  He was familiar with latest developments too. 

BTW, I did not say 'yes' after Nicky's first point.  I was trying to challenge him but he's like a juggernaut.

Very well done Ladyinred - I think you got quite a scoop there! clapping 

What to make of it?  After initially stumbling over the name Operation Grange, St. Bernard then goes on to give quite a lot of information, in fact he sounds very well prepared.  He is keen to get the message across that the two police forces are following different lines of enquiry and his sympathy towards the parents is gushingly sympathetic - indeed if anyone were looking for evidence that SY were working on behalf of the McCanns, this is it.  

If this is indeed the case, and I haven't put any seasoning on my Miss Marple hat just yet, then what strange times there are ahead.  I am trying to imagine the atmosphere within that PJ building and the way in which the individual officers are interacting.  Bizarre.  And looking at the bigger picture, at some point, both forces will have to reveal their findings and those findings will be held up to scrutiny by the world.  

Sir Bernard said there were suspects and he said they have names - having revealed that much, this case cannot go on for years, there will come a point where someone will ask why, if they know who the suspects are, are they still living among us?  Are the PJ going to assist in the arrest and interrogation of Portuguese people they know have nothing to do with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann?  Will the government of Portugal assist in the extradition of these Portugaluese nationals  to the UK for trial? Or will they obligingly foot the bill for a lengthy fiasco criminal trial  in Lisbon to assuage the hurt feelings of Kate and Gerry?  

Not forgetting of course, that they will have their own criminal trial against entirely different suspects for the same crime.  As I say, strange times ahead.

I think this call supports the belief of those on this forum who are predicting a whitewash, Sir Bernard sounded as enthusiastic about the McCann campaign as he was when he released balloons in Liverpool for the Madeleine Fund.  His words today do not bode well for those of us fighting for justice for this child, and it really does not bode well for the reputation of Scotland Yard on the world stage - or indeed on the remaining lives of all those involved.  It could of course be a double bluff, time and hopefully a Public Enquiry will tell.

I've taken the liberty of c/p this from the 'at war' thread and as a response to LJ.

I have no inclination to prove or disprove other members theories, I am here to find the truth, and believe we all have the same goal. I have no problem with being proved wrong, I often am, I like to keep an open mind, and being proved wrong leads to enlightenment. Like yourself, I gauged from that interview that SY are very much on the side of the McCanns, and in his own way, he gave an official version of today's tabloid headline. But I can't help feeling, that once more, as with the abduction story, I am being asked to believe something that is so illogical that my mind cannot process it.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum