The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Leveson Enquiry 23/11/11 - McCanns to give evidence - Page 6 Mm11

Leveson Enquiry 23/11/11 - McCanns to give evidence - Page 6 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Leveson Enquiry 23/11/11 - McCanns to give evidence - Page 6 Mm11

Leveson Enquiry 23/11/11 - McCanns to give evidence - Page 6 Regist10

Leveson Enquiry 23/11/11 - McCanns to give evidence

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Leveson Enquiry 23/11/11 - McCanns to give evidence - Page 6 Empty Re: Leveson Enquiry 23/11/11 - McCanns to give evidence

Post by PeterMac 24.11.11 14:57

jd wrote:
Why is simply disagreeing with someone vile and spiteful?
It isn't. Only disagreeing with the McCanns falls into that category.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Leveson Enquiry 23/11/11 - McCanns to give evidence - Page 6 Empty Re: Leveson Enquiry 23/11/11 - McCanns to give evidence

Post by aiyoyo 24.11.11 15:56

But didht his supporters know that he believed in freedom of speech?
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24.11.11 16:28

Yesterday, there was 1 red ringed microphone and a 1 tiny balck one for the McCann's. Today JK Rowling has 2 red ringed microphones and 1 black one all to herself. How ridiculous.

Just checked the start of all previous days proceedings and as from this morning they have now increased the number of microphones available. Why didn't they do that from the start?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Invinoveritas 24.11.11 16:33

When the Mccanns were sworn-in, they promised to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth etc., I don't know who was "interrogating" them but in his opening statement he stated that Madeleine had been abducted on the 3rd of May 2007, the Mccanns didn't deny this, they chose silence as their defence and therefore didn't incriminate themselves, this is how the whitewash started and unfortunately (I fear) will end

Activity : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot 24.11.11 16:58

Kate's couldn't have been working properly as I never heard her say "fxing tosser"

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 24.11.11 17:28

Invinoveritas wrote:When the Mccanns were sworn-in, they promised to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth etc., I don't know who was "interrogating" them but in his opening statement he stated that Madeleine had been abducted on the 3rd of May 2007, the Mccanns didn't deny this, they chose silence as their defence and therefore didn't incriminate themselves, this is how the whitewash started and unfortunately (I fear) will end

They weren't giving evidence so much as they were moaning about everything and every paper under the sun, and all throughout the while gerry and his partner in crime were twitching blinking shifting and uncomfortable; his partner in crime, kate, didn't even dare lift her head most of the time, keeping it down, eyes diverted and hidden from cameras. Shifty or what?
At one point they looked as if about to have a heart attack - the stress of lying under oath must get under their skin, yes even them because the biological release of the overpowering and over-consuming fear chemicals spares no one, and even the mccanns are not immuned to it, else they would have taken the lie detestor test. And being 'doctors' they should know better.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors 24.11.11 19:13

[quote="aiyoyo
Why were they even in Leveson Inquiry? What did they hope to achieve there - more money from the press?[/quote]

Well, this is where it gets interesting. I can see this being the beginning of the end of their public appearances.

If the Mc's go after more money from the press on top of the well publicised Express apology and payout to the Tapas Gang, the going after Amaral for money, monies raised from interviews and serialisation from the book and so on then they really will appear to be after money above all else to the wider public as opposed to the sceptics who have thought this for along time. And I can't see how they can do any more interviews or make appeals after this, the hypocracy would be far too glaring. And for the twins, I think it could only be beneficial for the Mc's to fade away and concentrate on giving them a more normal life.

After going into legal proceeding against several publications and individuals, I can't see the media being too keen to assist the Mc's in their "search" for much longer. Now in a very public enquiry they are running the press down, why should that same media offer anything that will assist them? After all you cannot run with the hare and the hounds. They complain of unprecidented intrusion but by the same token, they have had unprecedented publicity for their fund, and attention that no other parents have ever had, eg Ben Needhams disappearance.

Perhaps this participation in the inquiry is a move to get some sort of privacy injunction ahead of the Amaral hearing in Feb in case something comes up that will be seriously damaging to the public perception of the "suffering parents". After the Express case, the media really have left the Tapas alone, not mentioning the Gaspar statements with which they could have had a field day. Perhaps an injunction already exsists.

Either way, I see this as a last hurrah for the McCanns, and they might even drop the February case. Who knows.

Activity : 2685

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy 24.11.11 19:21

aiyoyo wrote:
Invinoveritas wrote:When the Mccanns were sworn-in, they promised to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth etc., I don't know who was "interrogating" them but in his opening statement he stated that Madeleine had been abducted on the 3rd of May 2007, the Mccanns didn't deny this, they chose silence as their defence and therefore didn't incriminate themselves, this is how the whitewash started and unfortunately (I fear) will end

They weren't giving evidence so much as they were moaning about everything and every paper under the sun, and all throughout the while gerry and his partner in crime were twitching blinking shifting and uncomfortable; his partner in crime, kate, didn't even dare lift her head most of the time, keeping it down, eyes diverted and hidden from cameras. Shifty or what?
At one point they looked as if about to have a heart attack - the stress of lying under oath must get under their skin, yes even them because the biological release of the overpowering and over-consuming fear chemicals spares no one, and even the mccanns are not immuned to it, else they would have taken the lie detestor test. And being 'doctors' they should know better.

Thanks for that aiyoyo, those words (in bold) bring me comfort. I'm comforted in knowing that at least some sort of justice is being served. You are right, we saw evidence of this yesterday, more noticable in Kate. keeping secrets has defintely taken its toll on Mrs McCann

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

― Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy
Daisy

Activity : 1312

Back to top Go down

Post by anil39200 24.11.11 19:24

dont know if this was said already, but it was noticeable to me that the dire duo were only on the front of the "quality" papers today, though how anything owned by dirty digger can be defined as quality I do not know, and absent from the front pages of the tabloids , though they were on the i paper, (is that classed as a tabloid?--I dont know really) I nearly bought the grauniad and changed my mind when I saw the whiny one and the smarmy surgeon.
anil39200

Activity : 408

Back to top Go down

Post by bristow 24.11.11 19:55

Smokeandmirrors wrote:

Perhaps this participation in the inquiry is a move to get some sort of privacy injunction ahead of the Amaral hearing in Feb in case something comes up that will be seriously damaging to the public perception of the "suffering parents".

What a worrying thought, I'm seriously starting to doubt that they will ever get their comeuppance, they are revered by people and forces unknown, I'm feeling so pessamistic, will they ever be brought to justice?
bristow
bristow

Activity : 1007

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 24.11.11 20:12

A massive front page McCann headline was conveniently overlooked during their puzzling appearance at the hacking inquiry:

"Mummy why didn't you come when Sean and I were crying last night....."

Clarence Mitchell and his gruesome twosome clients were adamant this enormously huge story was leaked by the Portuguese police, yet not a peep did they utter yesterday when they took the stand. Surely Kate felt 'deeply betrayed' when she was faced with the shocking revelation being splashed across the front pages of all our newspapers upon their return from Brussels following yet another round of bandwagon hopping, specifically Amber Alert and the Missing & Exploited Children circuit (some nerve after they so woefully neglected the safety and well being of their own 3 toddlers).

It appears amnesia can be most selective when the pair are under oath!
pennylane

Activity : 4406

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors 24.11.11 21:50

bristow wrote:
Smokeandmirrors wrote:

Perhaps this participation in the inquiry is a move to get some sort of privacy injunction ahead of the Amaral hearing in Feb in case something comes up that will be seriously damaging to the public perception of the "suffering parents".

What a worrying thought, I'm seriously starting to doubt that they will ever get their comeuppance, they are revered by people and forces unknown, I'm feeling so pessamistic, will they ever be brought to justice?

February could prove to be very important ,after all, I doubt Amaral is alone right now - we simply do not know what info lies on file in Portugal that has not been released, if members of the PJ kept him up to speed after his departure, what expert witnesses he could call etc. Unless he is mad, I really don't think he would have published theories if he couldn't ultimatley back them up. Pat Brown may even be called to the stand.....

IMO, the Portugese courts might be fed upwith the Mc's repeated legal actions and insinuations. It's an attack on theintegrity of their justice system at the end of the day.

Activity : 2685

Back to top Go down

Post by anil39200 24.11.11 23:31

It is their whole country, justice system, police force, tourist industry and people that have been affected, people who "actually searched" people who probably lost their jobs and people who have probably been falsely accused, who probably dread hearing the names of G and K who have been besmirched. This is the other tragedy of all this, the ordinary people who have been affected by the selfishness of this whole affair. As a parent, I do not know how I would have reacted to a missing child, and any kind of bereavement is bad enough to have to deal with, but to talk of it in terms of agendas, fighting funds, limited companies, marketing ploys and to constantly play the victim, this is beyond belief. I would hope I could act with real dignity, not the pretentious charade we see before us.
anil39200

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 25.11.11 9:00

A. Now, we were subsequently approached by News International and Associated to serialise the book, and after much deliberation, we had a couple of meetings with the general manager and -- Will Lewis and Rebekah Brooks and others, and what swung the decision to serialise was News International committed to backing the campaign and the search for Madeleine[. And that passed our test of how it could help, and we had been lobbying behind the scenes for two and a half years, with successive Home Secretaries, to try and get a review of Madeleine's case, and we felt that having News International helping in that, and ultimately where I think the media have helped in this situation, of galvanising the public, having them reengaged with us and Madeleine, is what tipped the balance.

So they went with NOTW for the book serialisation because Brooks et al backed their campaign and ultimately it was thanks to Brooks intervention with Cameron that brought about the SY review. (well that's my interpretation of that statement).

Also, according to the pair, the media helped galvanished the public and reengaged the public with them - in other words, their admission the public was otherwise no longer interested in them if not for NTOW's help? What does this tell us? the mccanns has past their sell by date! And NOTW was re-marketing them.

Why did NOTW feel obliged to go way out to help the mccanns to the extent of offering to talk to Cameron when other papers didn't ?

The mccanns have dropped nuggets our way. We now know Brooks' behind closed door meeting with Cameron brought about the PM's decision, reinforcing what people been saying all along about corruption of power ie the bonding relationship between PM and Murdoch plus his papers. CM's connection to Freud Communication and its chain effect played a shadow hand in all this from the onset, that is why gerry repeatedly commended 'clarence' (not clarence mitchell) throughout the LI process. There were certainly plenty sublime messages coming across whether gerry realised it or not.

If anyone still doubt the review is a whitewash - here's the proof of corruption at play. If it isn't a whitewash then was NOTW stringing them along for a bigger agenda which does not make sense. When Brooks resigned and NOTW sudden exit by the back door left disgruntled staff demanding explanation, I think Brooks implied that was a mandatory strategy, because the worst isn't over by a long haul.
Does this leave anyone in any doubt about NOTW criminality apart from hacking?
Which begs the questions:
Were they into mccanns' secret with CM and had been habouring the pair all along which if found out, is a more severe crime befitting heavier punishment than 'hacking'?
Or were they guillably used by CM without realising?
And is that the reason why the mccanns couple were not hacked by NOTW because of order from the top echelons?
Bear in mind not only the mccanns, even their holiday pals were left off the hook, as in not hacked by dark art practising NOTW - nothing suspicious in that?

The assiduous pair statements at LI left plenty evidence - that is why lawyers tell their clients to shut up.

16 Q. Her intervention was successful?

[i]Rebecca Brooks no doubt.
Was the counsel by chance baiting info from them and they went for it hook line and sinkle - hmm ..I wonder?

17 A. It was.

18 Q. There may not be a module three issue.

19 LORD JUSTICE LEVESON: Yes.

20 MR JAY: It's right to say in terms of the sequence of events, I think the Prime Minister was involved just a bit before, and then the Home Office the day after?

Trying to ascertain the level of PM involvement, then the Home Office, and mccanns supplied all the answers.
R. Brooks the middleman did it. Tony Bennett might want to note this for his research work.

This question from Jay leaves me wondering is the LI prying info out of mccanns re extent of Cameron involvement with Murdoch and his senior staff?

23 A. Yes, I think --

24 Q. The same day announced --

25 A. We had written to the Home Secretary saying that we'd be launching the book, and asking her to update us on where they had got, and we got one letter which really didn't say very much, and then we did the open letter to the Prime Minister[/u],[u] which was published on the front page of the Sun.

Suspects requesting HO for police info on their case, no wonder they didn't get the answer they want.
But hey presto, luckily, they got NOTW on their gang, and BINGO, their 2nd ring leader (the Sun) pre-empted the PM's decision to the review when they published the mccanns' letter to the PM on day of book launch?
Was it really pre-emption? NO? Of course NOT. The Sun had inside information about Brooks and Cameron wheeling and dealing pertaining to the mccanns' review request - they already knew the PM had agreed to grant the mccanns their review!
Ha, the intimate liaison of NOTW chief editor Rebecca Brooks and PM Cameron all behind closed doors and possibly behind the back of Home Secretary. No wonder the Home Office was coerced into accepting the review. Bet the PM didnt include Theresa May in his closed door session with Brooks.

Geez, I wonder whether gerry realised he'd let the cat out of the bag, literally dropped NOTW and its ex-chief editor into it?
Someone should write to the Prime Minister's office seeking info under FOI Act, asking them to confirm mccanns' statement that NOTW, Brooks in particular, intervened on their behalf to the PM's office, and got them the review.
Is the national papers NOTW albeit now defunct allowed to do that - intervened for suspects not cleared in a court of law? Isnt that biased and special treatment -- in that case is NOTW in breach of Press' code of practice?

eta: And I thought there were at LI to complain about Sun's mental rape of kate!,
Hey, their self contradiction is self evident again - they were praising NOTW to high heaven for unfailing support of them, which even got them the coveted review they hankered after - incroyable!

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 25.11.11 9:28

This is good aiyoyo and needs to be addressed with the correct authorities

On another note "we felt that having News International helping in that, and ultimately where I think the media have helped in this situation, of galvanising the public, having them reengaged with us and Madeleine, is what tipped the balance"....isn't this saying they wanted the media and the public which totally contradicts what they were complaining about in the LI

Activity : 4400

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 25.11.11 9:43

jd wrote:This is good aiyoyo and needs to be addressed with the correct authorities

On another note "we felt that having News International helping in that, and ultimately where I think the media have helped in this situation, of galvanising the public, having them reengaged with us and Madeleine, is what tipped the balance"....isn't this saying they wanted the media and the public which totally contradicts what they were complaining about in the LI

What is even more perplexing is why do they need the media to help them re-engage the public with them and Madeleine?
Why do they constantly want particularly the UK people reminded to help them look out for Madeleine?
Why dont they get off their skinny lying arse and return to PDL for the search?
Also how far did they imagine the UK media would reach? Maddie disappeared in another country, what good is UK media reminding the UK people - is she supposed to be found in UK?

If they want to engage the public for the search they should do international appeal?
If they only want money off the UK public then I suppose engaging the UK public should suffice.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25.11.11 9:52

Leveson Enquiry 23/11/11 - McCanns to give evidence - Page 6 321268 aiyoyo and a good post the page before, something we all need to remember and make a note about. Leveson Enquiry 23/11/11 - McCanns to give evidence - Page 6 3711883763
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25.11.11 11:12

candyfloss wrote:I hadn't realised that Matt Baggot Chief Constable of Leics Police had written a letter in Sept 2007, followed up with another, to the media to voice his concerns and ask for restraint. Do the police normally do this with the media??

Numbers 54 and 55 GM witness statement.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/interactive/2011/nov/23/gerry-mccann-witness-statement-leveson-inquiry

And now we have this..................... do the police really write to the media to stop stories or is it just in this case thinking ...............

Even police chief's pleas failed to stop false stories

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Leicester Mercury
Follow.

The then Chief Constable of Leicestershire Police wrote to newspaper editors and broadcasters urging them to stop inaccurately reporting Madeleine McCann's disappearance.

Gerry McCann told the Leveson Inquiry that Chief Constable Matt Baggott, who left the Leicestershire force in 2009, wrote two letters in September and October 2007, with little effect.

Mr McCann said: "Our campaign team pressurised Leicestershire police to write to the broadcasters and editors and there's a letter from Matt Baggott, who was chief constable at that time, urging restraint and saying there was very inaccurate reporting."

The couple told how they had particular problems with Express Newspapers – a group including the Daily Star, Daily Express, Sunday Star and Sunday Express – which eventually paid them more than £500,000 in damages. False stories suggested there was evidence linking the mother and father to the death of Madeleine.

Of one headline printed in the Daily Star – "Maddie sold by hard-up McCanns" – Mr McCann said: "That's nothing short of disgusting."

He said many articles were based on false information picked up from Portuguese papers.

Mr McCann said: "One of the articles that springs to mind, actually was a piece in a Portuguese newspaper where somebody was talking to the prosecutor and was asking what he thought had happened.

"There was a quote saying he didn't know whether Madeleine was alive or dead, and I think the foreign line was 'probably dead' and that translated into the front page of the Daily Mirror with a photograph of Madeleine with the headline 'She's Dead'." The inquiry covered how the press in the UK misinterpreted the McCanns being named as an 'arguido' by Portuguese police – using it to insinuate it meant they were suspects, when it meant they were parties helping police with inquiries.

Ex-News of the World editor Colin Myler "coerced" the McCanns into giving his paper an interview, said Mr McCann.

He said: "He basically beat us into submission."

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/police-chief-s-pleas-failed-stop-false-stories/story-13941877-detail/story.html?mid=5393
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie 25.11.11 12:11

I do not believe the McCann were beaten into submission for one minute.

I now think the review will be a whitewash, after the McCanns being asked if they needed a five minute break, a privilege that would not be afforded to anyone else, including the Dowlers who have suffered so much through no fault of their own. The McCanns quite clearly are receiving protection and privileges - despite the fact they are nothing more than just two child neglectors - for what reason I have no idea.
Ollie

Activity : 279

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheshire Cat 25.11.11 12:11

Anyone else see that Gerry spelt Sheree Dodd as CHERIE Dodd in his witness statement to Levenson?

He reminded me that Dodd was useful because of her "...expertise in campaign management in the Department of Trade and Industry".

Although Dodd had moved on from Trade and Industry by 2007, it is interesting that Margaret Hodge was Minister of State for Industry and the Regions at the time Madeleine went missing. As we know now Hodges nephew is Phillip Edmonds who was in Praria Da Luz at the time of the disappearance. Is this how the Government cover-up began?

Perhaps Matt Baggott, under direct orders from the Home Office, was directing Leicestershire Police to protect the McCann's and prevent charges being bought?

Also, CEOP were deployed under orders from the Homeoffice to assist the McCanns?

National Police Improvement Agency were doing there own thing and following the evidence. Lee Rainbow, Eddie and Keeler, Martin Grime, Mark Harrison: the British Police who were developing the evidence and getting ever closer to the truth.....

ETA: Of course the SY review is a white wash which will result in lots of favourable McCann headlines and interviews. However, it does not change the facts. Eddie and Keelers findings are a permanent record that a corpse was in the appartment, hire car etc etc etc. The Police Records, Amarals book, Pat Browns Profile: they are permanent; whitewash needs to be applied over and over again.
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 821

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25.11.11 12:46

Cheshire Cat wrote:Although Dodd had moved on from Trade and Industry by 2007, it is interesting that Margaret Hodge was Minister of State for Industry and the Regions at the time Madeleine went missing. As we know now Hodges nephew is Phillip Edmonds who was in Praria Da Luz at the time of the disappearance. Is this how the Government cover-up began

Leveson Enquiry 23/11/11 - McCanns to give evidence - Page 6 302873 Perhaps it was Philip Edmonds identity that was initially being protected, not the McCann's.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheshire Cat 25.11.11 12:49

Stella wrote:
Cheshire Cat wrote:Although Dodd had moved on from Trade and Industry by 2007, it is interesting that Margaret Hodge was Minister of State for Industry and the Regions at the time Madeleine went missing. As we know now Hodges nephew is Phillip Edmonds who was in Praria Da Luz at the time of the disappearance. Is this how the Government cover-up began

Leveson Enquiry 23/11/11 - McCanns to give evidence - Page 6 302873 Perhaps it was Philip Edmonds identity that was initially being protected, not the McCann's.

A strong possibility I would say, along with Paul Weinberger.
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 821

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25.11.11 12:51

Cheshire Cat wrote:
Stella wrote:

A strong possibility I would say.

If I was Scotland Yard, I would get in touch with Philip Edmonds and find out why he cut his holiday short by one day, making arrangements before the alarm was raised and never checked out of his room on the day he left.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by anil39200 25.11.11 13:29

Ollie wrote:I do not believe the McCann were beaten into submission for one minute.

I now think the review will be a whitewash, after the McCanns being asked if they needed a five minute break, a privilege that would not be afforded to anyone else, including the Dowlers who have suffered so much through no fault of their own. The McCanns quite clearly are receiving protection and privileges - despite the fact they are nothing more than just two child neglectors - for what reason I have no idea.

There has always been something about their eyes, that they know something the rest of us dont, there has been a lot of talk about body language and I used to be a skeptic but now am a firm believer in it and the nature of how people give themselves away without even speaking, they either have something on someone important or are, as many people have said, being covered up by some old boys network, but again, the child is forgotten and the focus is on them. They had no real right IMO to even be in the same place and on the same enquiry as people like the Dowlers because they have not told the other side of how they manipulated the media.
anil39200

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25.11.11 13:54

I would like to have seen an Inquiry dedicated just to phone hacking myself.

Then on a seperate note, one for each of the following, photographers, journalists and newspaper editors.

To lump them into one pot is a big mistake in my eyes.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top