The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Matt Oldfield - The shutters

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Matt Oldfield - The shutters

Post by Guest on 12.11.11 11:22

Not wanting to go off topic on Stella's thread, whilst reading about the shutters I found this which I can't make head or tail of. Is Matt Oldfield talking about his shutters being broken too and having someone in to fix them on the first day...............



Reply
"Erm, no, my initial thought is there's nothing that's leapt out that I haven't mentioned before. Erm, I mean, there was no sort of strange people or anything unusual with the, with the flat. Some people had, I mean, gardeners came round to trim the gardens once or twice, or maybe just once a week, I mean, because we were there for three weeks, maybe they came round slightly more. Erm, somebody had workmen in maybe during, the shutter we broke, the shutter, erm, broke for, the outside shutter by the patio door broke for us on the first day, I think it went back up into its, so you couldn't actually drop it on the outside, the shutter by the patio, but we didn't drop that anyway, erm, until we got in at night, but I think it broke and it had to be, and I think they did come, yes, they did come and repair it. But apart from that there wasn't really anybody else (inaudible)".



But a bit later on in the rogatory he says this.................

Reply "The shutters, we didn't open all week, because there's kind of no point. I mean, we went in that bedroom for G**** to sleep during that day, it needed to be dark and kept it at an even temperature, there was no point putting it up and down. I know the, one of the things I said in my statement, when we talk about the Thursday, was where the two windows were only the one, and I thought the two were on this bedroom rather than this one and so, you know, I said, you go through, but there's actually two more, apparently two on those, they showed me a photograph of that. So that's something I know that I got mistaken by, I thought there were two on next door, because I don't think I'd ever noticed it because I think because we'd never pulled up the shutters, they were always sort of down, we just didn't interfere with those".



So did we have two lots of shutters being mended - I am confused.



 
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Matt Oldfield - The shutters

Post by Guest on 12.11.11 14:16

Candyfloss, I've had this trouble myself recently over videos being mentioned and Tony had to set me straight, so if 'we' have trouble understanding these people, god knows how the Portuguese managed to after their translations !!!

From reading what you have posted, I would say yes, Oldfield's in 5b, also had their shutter fixed. The question is when? Was this the first day, i.e., arrival day, or was it on the first full day, the Sunday?
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Matt Oldfield - The shutters

Post by Guest on 12.11.11 14:49

Stella wrote:Candyfloss, I've had this trouble myself recently over videos being mentioned and Tony had to set me straight, so if 'we' have trouble understanding these people, god knows how the Portuguese managed to after their translations !!!

From reading what you have posted, I would say yes, Oldfield's in 5b, also had their shutter fixed. The question is when? Was this the first day, i.e., arrival day, or was it on the first full day, the Sunday?



Thanks Stella, thought I had misread, but it does sound from that statement the Oldfield statement does say their shutters were broken too. He does not say their shutters or Kate and Gerry's shutters,

[quote]

the shutter we broke, the shutter, erm, broke for, the outside shutter by the patio door broke for us on the first day, I think it went back up into its, so you couldn't actually drop it on the outside, the shutter by the patio, but we didn't drop that anyway, erm, until we got in at night, but I think it broke and it had to be, and I think they did come, yes, they did come and repair it



What are the odds of two families who go on the same holiday both having broken shutters. I don't think I have seen anything in the files that anyone went to fix them in that apartment and yet he states someone did!
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Matt Oldfield - The shutters

Post by PeterMac on 12.11.11 14:58

The level of gibbering inarticulacy from educated people is simply staggering.
It is almost as if they were all trying to think of what to say next, or trying desperately to remember their words from a hastily learned script !

____________________

avatar
PeterMac
Investigator

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 174
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Matt Oldfield - The shutters

Post by Guest on 12.11.11 14:59

I've not see a repair document for 5b either and as you say what are the chances of two rear shutters getting broken, both 5a and 5b, side by side, in such a short space of time.

From what I can gather from the maintenance guy, instructions are provided, but often not adhered to. Maybe if someone was in a rush, perhaps instructions go out the window.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Matt Oldfield - The shutters

Post by Nina on 12.11.11 15:42

For what it's worth I also read that the shutters to 5B were also broken, as in Oldfield said they broke them and from his desription it is easily done if you go ham fisted at opening them. They go up into the top box where the roller mechanism is, and then get stuck so cannot be lowered. Quite simple to rectify if you know how, but he didn't.

____________________
Not one more cent from me.
avatar
Nina

Posts : 2861
Reputation : 334
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 74

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Matt Oldfield - The shutters

Post by Guest on 12.11.11 15:55

@Nina wrote:For what it's worth I also read that the shutters to 5B were also broken, as in Oldfield said they broke them and from his desription it is easily done if you go ham fisted at opening them. They go up into the top box where the roller mechanism is, and then get stuck so cannot be lowered. Quite simple to rectify if you know how, but he didn't.



Yes, but later on in the rogatory he says they never touched the shutters....................



Reply "The shutters, we didn't open all week, because there's kind of no point. I mean, we went in that bedroom for G**** to sleep during that day, it needed to be dark and kept it at an even temperature, there was no point putting it up and down. I know the, one of the things I said in my statement, when we talk about the Thursday, was where the two windows were only the one, and I thought the two were on this bedroom rather than this one and so, you know, I said, you go through, but there's actually two more, apparently two on those, they showed me a photograph of that. So that's something I know that I got mistaken by, I thought there were two on next door, because I don't think I'd ever noticed it because I think because we'd never pulled up the shutters, they were always sort of down, we just didn't interfere with those".



So which was it, were they broken which he says they were earlier or not?
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Matt Oldfield - The shutters

Post by Nina on 12.11.11 16:03

candyfloss wrote:
@Nina wrote:For what it's worth I also read that the shutters to 5B were also broken, as in Oldfield said they broke them and from his desription it is easily done if you go ham fisted at opening them. They go up into the top box where the roller mechanism is, and then get stuck so cannot be lowered. Quite simple to rectify if you know how, but he didn't.



Yes, but later on in the rogatory he says they never touched the shutters....................



Reply "The shutters, we didn't open all week, because there's kind of no point. I mean, we went in that bedroom for G**** to sleep during that day, it needed to be dark and kept it at an even temperature, there was no point putting it up and down. I know the, one of the things I said in my statement, when we talk about the Thursday, was where the two windows were only the one, and I thought the two were on this bedroom rather than this one and so, you know, I said, you go through, but there's actually two more, apparently two on those, they showed me a photograph of that. So that's something I know that I got mistaken by, I thought there were two on next door, because I don't think I'd ever noticed it because I think because we'd never pulled up the shutters, they were always sort of down, we just didn't interfere with those".



So which was it, were they broken which he says they were earlier or not?

Well he says both. So was it there shutters as well as 5A that were not functioning or has he got ther tale completely a about t and said their's were? Don't know Candyfloss. We do know for sure though that the shutters of the bedroom of 5A were broken by a ham fisted Gerry and required attention.

____________________
Not one more cent from me.
avatar
Nina

Posts : 2861
Reputation : 334
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 74

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Matt Oldfield - The shutters

Post by jd on 12.11.11 16:30

Regarding the shutters, it is impossible to break them without causing huge permanent damage to them, there was no damage to them so they were definitely not jemmied and forced opened from the outside. Other wise we would have seen them ripped. Impossible, I tested these kind of shutters myself first hand. 'Everything' they say about the shutters is utter tripe

____________________
Who pulled the strings?...THE SYMINGTONS..And the Scottish connections...Look no further if you dare
avatar
jd

Posts : 4151
Reputation : 23
Join date : 2011-07-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Matt Oldfield - The shutters

Post by Shibboleth on 12.11.11 18:19

We have such shutters on our house, they are designed to be strong and not to be broken easily. They are there for protection against robbers, as well as for the sun. I would have to use a heavy hammer or other tool to the house shutters, to make even small knocks or damage to them. I would be unable to force them open so completely, to see the window behind them. Is there any robber in the world who will attack such a shutter, who will make a lot of noise and attract attention? And, all that time, there may be persons inside the house, behind the window? Crazy.

____________________
“Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.” ~ Joseph Stalin, 1897-1953
"If Adolph Hitler flew in today, they'd send a limousine anyway." ~ Joe Strummer, 1952-2002
avatar
Shibboleth

Posts : 500
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-10-16
Location : Jaffa - Tel Aviv

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Matt Oldfield - The shutters

Post by Guest on 13.11.11 8:38

In a one bedroom apartment, the lounge is at the back (tapas side) and his bedroom would have been to the front (car park side). There was no need to raise the shutter in the bedroom, just to look at the carpark. But I'm betting the living room, which had access onto their balcony would have been up all week. I think he is referring to the lounge shutter.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Matt Oldfield - The shutters

Post by Guest on 13.11.11 8:40

candyfloss wrote:Reply "Erm, no, my initial thought is there's nothing that's leapt out that I haven't mentioned before. Erm, I mean, there was no sort of strange people or anything unusual with the, with the flat. Some people had, I mean, gardeners came round to trim the gardens once or twice, or maybe just once a week, I mean, because we were there for three weeks, maybe they came round slightly more. Erm, somebody had workmen in maybe during, the shutter we broke, the shutter, erm, broke for, the outside shutter by the patio door broke for us on the first day, I think it went back up into its, so you couldn't actually drop it on the outside, the shutter by the patio, but we didn't drop that anyway, erm, until we got in at night, but I think it broke and it had to be, and I think they did come, yes, they did come and repair it. But apart from that there wasn't really anybody else (inaudible)".


But a bit later on in the rogatory he says this.................

Reply "The shutters, we didn't open all week, because there's kind of no point. I mean, we went in that bedroom for G**** to sleep during that day, it needed to be dark and kept it at an even temperature, there was no point putting it up and down. I know the, one of the things I said in my statement, when we talk about the Thursday, was where the two windows were only the one, and I thought the two were on this bedroom rather than this one and so, you know, I said, you go through, but there's actually two more, apparently two on those, they showed me a photograph of that. So that's something I know that I got mistaken by, I thought there were two on next door, because I don't think I'd ever noticed it because I think because we'd never pulled up the shutters, they were always sort of down, we just didn't interfere with those".
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

can anyone explain this please?

Post by russiandoll on 27.11.11 19:32

have been absent from here due to illness last 2 weeks, sorry if I seem dim, I am still tired and might have overlooked this in my reading about this case, but I thought all the group went for a week's break to PDL. I cant therefroe make sense of the following quoted from the interview posted earlier :


Some people had, I mean, gardeners came round to trim the gardens
once or twice, or maybe just once a week, I mean, because we were there
for three weeks, maybe they came round slightly more.
avatar
russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum