The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as many of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

PeterMac: Back to the beginning - McCann's lies

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: PeterMac: Back to the beginning - McCann's lies

Post by Mirage on 30.10.13 9:16

@PeterMac wrote:
@sonic72 wrote:
@Hobs wrote:G. MCCANN: No. I mean, it's possible they came through the window. They could have come through the patio doors, although that was in sight of where we were dining. So I think that's probably less likely. For all we know, they could have had a key, you know, lots of people stayed in that apartment over years to the front door --
Gerry is talking crap as usual. As if a former holiday maker is going to keep the key to the apartment and then stalk it, week in week out, just in case a family with a young child stay there and leave their kids in a vulnerable position?! That just ridiculous!
Quite.  A former Holiday maker would normally go HOME at the end of the holiday. It is what distinguishes a holiday from a not-holiday
He forgot to mention the front door. Wasn't that established as unlocked eventually? I don't suppose there was a chimney was there?  big grin

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 30.10.13 9:26

Interesting that Gerry omitted the crucial word "not" in his statement "she can't (NOT) be there".

Kate did the same thing here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_KdIKe_Zds

At 0.57 she says that's when she noticed that Madeleine was there..........

Back to top Go down

this is odd too

Post by worriedmum on 30.10.13 11:42

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:Interesting that Gerry omitted the crucial word "not" in his statement "she can't (NOT) be there".

Kate did the same thing here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_KdIKe_Zds

At 0.57 she says that's when she noticed that Madeleine was there..........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pH9_mssF8-A
worriedmum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 30.10.13 12:06

@Mirage wrote: I don't suppose there was a chimney was there?  big grin
And parking for eight Reindeer outside.

PeterMac
Investigator

View user profile http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by AB1 on 30.10.13 20:53

@Hobs wrote:G. MCCANN: The first thing that went straight through my head and I think -- it was just disbelief. I said, she can't be there, she can't be there.
Great spot! thumbsup 

And ditto the rest.

AB1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TellTheTruth on 31.10.13 8:08

Sorry, hope this isn't off topic, but I was just wondering about the book?

Now I don't know for sure but I would think that possibly/probably anybody who had written a book would have a copy of it on their bookshelf at home.

And if the twins see the Madeleine book on the shelf and ask Mummy to read it to them what can Kate say?

" Err, not tonight Sean /Amelie, it's a bit too grown up for you at the moment. Mummy will read it to you when you are a bit older.
Shall we read  We're All Going on a Bear Hunt, or how about a bit of Harry Potter? "

That may be ok for now but if I was a kid and one of my parents had written a book, I would want to read it.

So, what can they do about the book?

I know the twins are only young at the moment but the time will surely come when they will want to read more about their missing sister.

Will the book suddenly disappear from the high shelf? Having read some very unpleasant extracts from Kate's book I think that's where it belongs . I would not want to read this book to my remaining children, nor want them to read it for themselves either.

What are those poor twins going to think of all these lies and inconsistencies and all those horrible thoughts from their dear, sweet mother?

TellTheTruth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobs on 04.11.13 21:09

As  side note when water in introduced into a statement it can indicate sexual activity took place, this can include washing hands, mopping a spill on the floor ( amanda knox) bathing and/ or showering.

it caught my attention that they go into detail about the children being bathed and with it sensitivity about the crying ( see my previous posts about the crying episode) n however, what really caught my eye was kate, the fact she bathed early and met payne wearing a towel and then subsequently has a bath  and drinks NZ wine.

Now, i admit i am a cysnic and incredibly nosy, Why i wonder would kate have a shower and then not long after have a bath?

Given that i know water in a statement can indicate sexual activity and she says david was there for 30 secs and he says 30 mins ( 3 and it's variants are the liar's number Mark McClish) i wonder if there wasn't a bit of how's your father going on. A bath to wash the smell of another man off before going out for the night?

There is a huge difference between 30 seconds and 30 mins, one has to ask why did kate feel the need to minimise this meeting?

30 seconds is enought to knock have the door answered  ask if you are coming down to the tennis courts, no and off you go.

30 mins is plenty of time for a lot of things.

What went on that kate is hiding?

Researcher/Analyst

View user profile http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 05.11.13 10:08

someone is lying here but I cant think its to do with sex as there were 3 children there,unless that is another lie
tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suep on 04.01.14 15:47

I've lost track of the number of times I've heard Kate McCann talk about how they were 'completely non-functioning' for the first 48 hours, usually in the context of an interviewer asking about them physically going out and searching for their missing three year old. In my opinion non-functioning would include things like sleeping and especially eating.

Going through the documents on the mccanpjfiles website this afternoon I came across the Tapas Restaurant's lists of charges for food for their various guests and if I've read it correctly it looks like the McCanns dined there on the 4th and 5th May, just like all those other nights before Madeleine disappeared.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/T/03_VOLUME_IIIa_Page_625.jpg

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/T/03_VOLUME_IIIa_Page_629.jpg

As I say, I may be reading this wrong, but it looks like the rest of the Tapas gang were also there on those nights. If so, who was looking after their children?

suep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by notlongnow on 04.01.14 16:18

Guessing they made a block booking for the week so it would show up on the other nights.

notlongnow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 04.01.14 16:22

If that is the tapas then I am stunned.........your child missing and you go to eat at a restaurant with your pals rather than have a meal indoors? I would have thought mealtimes would have been all over the place, a snack here and there, when not busy working hard and when finally getting any kind of appetite. Anxiety usually means nausea and a lack of desire to eat.

The balances are interesting, considering the all inclusive meals. All for drinks over a week?

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 04.01.14 16:27

@suep wrote:I've lost track of the number of times I've heard Kate McCann talk about how they were 'completely non-functioning' for the first 48 hours, usually in the context of an interviewer asking about them physically going out and searching for their missing three year old. In my opinion  non-functioning would include things like sleeping and especially eating.

Going through the documents on the mccanpjfiles website this afternoon I came across the Tapas Restaurant's lists of charges for food for their various guests and if I've read it correctly it looks like the McCanns dined there on the 4th and 5th May, just like all those other nights before Madeleine disappeared.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/T/03_VOLUME_IIIa_Page_625.jpg

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/T/03_VOLUME_IIIa_Page_629.jpg

As I say, I may be reading this wrong, but it looks like the rest of the Tapas gang were also there on those nights. If so, who was looking after their children?

You surely wouldn't expect them to have eaten anywhere else such as in the privacy of their apartments, or have been too cut up to eat in the case of the grief stricken parents, would you, suep? 

They paid in advance for breakfast and dinner with free vino and it would be throughly unreasonable for anyone to expect them to forego what they'd forked out for.  

Similarly, with regard to the childcare which was included in the price of the package deal... heaven forfend that any parent whose child had been abducted would want to clutch their remaining children to their bosom thus preventing them from enjoying the life-enhancing opportunities for growth and self-expression offered by putting them in a creche*. 

By the evening of 4th May the McCanns had access to a veritable army of counsellors, lawyers, relatives, friends, and assorted hangers-on, who were no doubt pressed into service to ensure that nothing occurred to disrupt the normality which was essential for them to maintain for the welfare and wellbeing of the twins.  

Under the circumstances the grieving couple had no option but to engage in jogging, tennis, sessions by the pool, dining in and out of the Tapas, etc, but they took care to ensure these essential activities were only interrupted by meetings with those well versed in matters pertaining to criminal charges, extradition, and setting up a fund to maintain their 'new norm' of private jets, 5* hotels, meetings with popes and other pious beings, and generally flitting about the world, while the twins continued to live their lives in the care of others much as they'd done in Rothley although, of course, it's unlikely Sean would have developed a taste for sea bass at such an early age if it hadn't been necessary for him to do so the family had remained in the Midlands.

*Any ambiguity is deliberate  big grin
ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 04.01.14 16:55

On the face of it, it looks as if they did, but I suspect its down to late processing of accounts.
Showing as 4th  there is Mc 242.00, O’b 105.00, Old 31.00, Pay 162.00, (as well as Naylor 110.40.)
Showing for 5th Mc 242.00, O’b 105.00, Old 31.00 Payne 177.00, (as well as Julian Totman).

I don’t think you can identify the times of meals, unless there is something within the code that does this, but the Tapas closes on Saturdays (5th) at 7pm, so I imagine the entries are actually the 2nd & 3rd (or even earlier?)

The Tapas bookings sheet shown here
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/TAPAS_BOOKING.htm
is headed ‘No McCann party’ on 4th, but on the sheet is a ‘Mark Warner Tennis’ party of 12 showing as cancelled.

Further examination of the earlier bookings & accounts sheets should confirm to which dates they do relate, but surely even the T9 party couldn’t………………
(Anyway weren’t they back & forwards to town giving statements to the PJ on 4th, about the only concrete alibi’s to do with the whole case)

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 04.01.14 17:54

@notlongnow wrote:Guessing they made a block booking for the week so it would show up on the other nights.

First night of holiday week: 28th

Last night of vacation: 4-> 5th ?

Why block-book the night of the 5th in advance as normally everyone would have left for the UK sometime during the day?

Why were they block-booked for the 5th? Who had the clairvoyance to know they would be staying on after the 4rd?

Or am I missing something?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 04.01.14 18:02

@Doug D wrote:On the face of it, it looks as if they did, but I suspect its down to late processing of accounts.
Showing as 4th  there is Mc 242.00, O’b 105.00, Old 31.00, Pay 162.00, (as well as Naylor 110.40.)
Showing for 5th Mc 242.00, O’b 105.00, Old 31.00 Payne 177.00, (as well as Julian Totman).

I don’t think you can identify the times of meals, unless there is something within the code that does this, but the Tapas closes on Saturdays (5th) at 7pm, so I imagine the entries are actually the 2nd & 3rd (or even earlier?)

is headed ‘No McCann party’ on 4th, but on the sheet is a ‘Mark Warner Tennis’ party of 12 showing as cancelled.

Further examination of the earlier bookings & accounts sheets should confirm to which dates they do relate, but surely even the T9 party couldn’t………………
(Anyway weren’t they back & forwards to town giving statements to the PJ on 4th, about the only concrete alibi’s to do with the whole case)

So, if what you think is correct, the only one sober in this crowd on 3-4rd May MIGHT have been MO, forking out 'just' euro 31 for booze?
Clearly, Tapas were not Dutch but paying their own drinks

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 04.01.14 19:08

@Portia wrote:
@Doug D wrote:On the face of it, it looks as if they did, but I suspect its down to late processing of accounts.

So, if what you think is correct, the only one sober in this crowd on 3-4rd May MIGHT have been MO, forking out 'just' euro 31 for booze?
Clearly, Tapas were not Dutch but paying their own drinks
Given that the Paynes were a group of three, the McCs were packing it away. No wonder they had money problems and needed little old ladies and young children to bail them out. As I said elsewhere, I don't think they serve New Zealand White in clink, so a bit of drying out might be on the cards but I have heard that you can get another sort of white stuff easily in clink, so that might serve as a distraction.

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 04.01.14 19:08

It does look strange though that 3 out of 4 bills were exactly the same over two nights unless this is MW way of showing an allowance for full or half board. MO not on same tariff? But if that was right, why would McC's be twice that of the others?

Portia,

4th would have been the last night which would have tied in with MW Tennis booking for 12. Who would have been the extra 3?

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by notlongnow on 04.01.14 19:13

@Portia wrote:
@notlongnow wrote:Guessing they made a block booking for the week so it would show up on the other nights.

First night of holiday week: 28th

Last night of vacation: 4-> 5th ?

Why block-book the night of the 5th in advance as normally everyone would have left for the UK sometime during the day?

Why were they block-booked for the 5th?  Who had the clairvoyance to know they would be staying on after the 4rd?

Or am I missing something?
Yes sorry you are right,got days muddled up.

notlongnow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 04.01.14 19:14

IIRC the MW package included half-pension and half-a day creche for children. Half-pension comes with liquids [wine, beer, mineral water]; over and above will be charged to client. Creche for children, will be charged, if they're put in there all day ... That would/could explain the McCs more elevated bill at MW.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 04.01.14 19:15

@Doug D wrote:It does look strange though that 3 out of 4 bills were exactly the same over two nights unless this is MW way of showing an allowance for full or half board. MO not on same tariff? But if that was right, why would McC's be twice that of the others?

Portia,

4th would have been the last night which would have tied in with MW Tennis booking for 12. Who would have been the extra 3?

At the (in)famous Round Table?

No idea. Has anyone reported on there being not 9 but 12 in the company in the night of 3->4rd May?

No sign of so many in the CW-Reconstruct!

Back to top Go down

Post by suep on 05.01.14 9:06

Thanks to all who've responded to my Tapas Restaurant query. I have another question arising from my latest study of the mccanpjfiles and I apologise if this has been covered before.My query is to do with whether the McCanns took any medication with them to PdL. Am I right in thinking I read somewhere that they denied this?
If you look at this crime scene photo however there appears to be a box of tablets on the dresser in the parent's bedroom.

[image]http://themaddiecasefiles.com/download/file.php?id=71[/image]

To my eyes it looks like there's a pharmacist's sticker on the top of that box, the kind they stick on with the instructions for taking the medication.
After noticing this I checked out their current GP Ian Richard Schofield's statement and discovered something I thought interesting after noting the date he gave that statement which was 14th May 2008.

http://themaddiecasefiles.com/topic474.html

He says, "I am currently, and have been for 14 months, the GP of the McCann family. Before Madeleine's disappearance, I had only consulted Kate McCann once and never had assisted Gerry, nor ever had reason to deal with the twins Sean and Amelie and only saw them once after the disappearance of Madeleine.
I never prescribed Kate or Gerry any medication that could alter their behaviour or demeanour."

So at the time the McCanns went to PdL they'd only been with that GP for two months so his consultation with Kate must have been in that short period just before they went on holiday. He doesn't deny prescribing any medication at all, just medication that 'could alter their behaviour or demeanour'
So isn't it possible that those tablets on the dresser were prescribed for Kate? If so, why lie about it?

I also found it odd that when talking about his contact with the family where he says he 'never assisted Gerry' ( an odd way to put it) and 'nor ever had reason to deal with the twins' why doesn't he mention Madeleine? Does this rather obvious omission in the context of 'never' and 'nor ever' mean that he had had reason to treat her? If so that would mean she'd very recently needed medical attention prior to going on holiday.

suep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suep on 05.01.14 9:17

I forgot to add this. Assuming that the rooms were photographed in the state they were found and that the items on top of that dresser were as the McCanns had left them it begs the question of what kind of safety conscious parents go out leaving medicines in full view and easy reach of children?

suep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 05.01.14 9:37

Sunday Express 6th May 2012

'In a new epilogue for the paperback edition of her book, Madeleine, Kate reveals that drugs filmed being removed from the apartment they were renting in Portugal were actually ­Parkinson’s drugs to treat her father Brian, who has the illness, and not sedatives.'

I haven't got a paperback copy with the added pages, but there doesn't seem any reason to think that it doesn't say this.

I think I have seen a picture of the packet somewhere which seems to confirm this, but just because it says what it is on the box......its not made by  Ronson!

When was the last time you went on holiday, taking your fathers drugs with you and then leaving them out on the side?

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Inrigueing picture

Post by Guest on 05.01.14 9:42

@suep wrote:Thanks to all who've responded to my Tapas Restaurant query. I have another question arising from my latest study of the mccanpjfiles and I apologise if this has been covered before.My query is to do with whether the McCanns took any medication with them to PdL. Am I right in thinking I read somewhere that they denied this?
If you look at this crime scene  photo however there appears to be a box of tablets on the dresser in the parent's bedroom.

[image]http://themaddiecasefiles.com/download/file.php?id=71[/image]

To my eyes it looks like there's a pharmacist's sticker on the top of that box, the kind they stick on with the instructions for taking the medication.
After noticing this I checked out their current GP Ian Richard Schofield's statement and discovered something I thought interesting after noting the date he gave that statement which was 14th May 2008.

http://themaddiecasefiles.com/topic474.html

He says, "I am currently, and have been for 14 months, the GP of the McCann family. Before Madeleine's disappearance, I had only consulted Kate McCann once and never had assisted Gerry, nor ever had reason to deal with the twins Sean and Amelie and only saw them once after the disappearance of Madeleine.
I never prescribed Kate or Gerry any medication that could alter their behaviour or demeanour."

So at the time the McCanns went to PdL they'd only been with that GP for two months so his consultation with Kate must have been in that short period just before they went on holiday. He doesn't deny prescribing any medication at all, just medication that 'could alter their behaviour or demeanour'
So isn't it possible that those tablets on the dresser were prescribed for Kate? If so, why lie about it?

I also found it odd that when talking about his contact with the family where he says he 'never assisted Gerry' ( an odd way to put it) and 'nor ever had reason to deal with the twins' why doesn't he mention Madeleine? Does this rather obvious omission in the context of 'never' and 'nor ever' mean that he had had reason to treat her? If so that would mean she'd very recently needed medical attention prior to going on holiday.

Looking at the picture just mentioned you also see:

At least one of the party wore earplugs; when and why? Could it be that a mishap to Maddie was missed because it failed to be heard?
Only 4 passports, so which one is missing?
An incoming faxmessage, saying what to whom?
In the drawers a dark object; ? Could that be a framed picture turned upside down?

Any more?

Car (?) key at upper left corner;
Set of separate keys on the 4 passports

In the drawer: (extra) bedding for the baby cots

Right hand side of the snap: a GSM set standing upright

What's the black solid looking object upper right, not the black hairdryer? A (video-)camera?

Questions, questions, so many years after all this other information has reached us

Back to top Go down

Post by Briohazard on 05.01.14 10:00

It looks like a wallet or camera case to me in the drawer. 

I also see, A hair dryer, a comb, sunglasses, can't work out what's in front of the hair dryer, maybe a straightener in a pouch?, keys, medication, used swim nappies

Socks, lipbalm
Briohazard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum