The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

PeterMac: Back to the beginning - McCann's lies

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: PeterMac: Back to the beginning - McCann's lies

Post by suep on 05.01.14 10:03

Portia, biohazard is right. If you download the photo, blow it up and sharpen the image it looks like a leather purse or wallet. The round white object in the top right corner of the object looks like a silver button or stud.

Doug, Kate's book seem to me to be a very poor attempt at revisionist history because if these photos were taken on the night of the disappearance those tablets couldn't have been Kate's father's. It seems the more she writes the deeper a hole she digs for herself, in my opinion.
Does anyone remember if these tablets were talked about early on by various forums?

suep

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 05.01.14 10:06

Just for info from the thread 'Medicines'

[quote=]

Interview with Mr Amaral

8/05/2011 02:00
Dave said... 9

Part 2 of 2. Goncalo Amaral Interview at the launch of his books dutch version
"A verdade da mentira"
05/05/09

Q: Is it true, as was reported in De Telegraaf, that an injection needle was found in the apartment?

A: No, that is not true. In fact we have found no medication at all. None at all. Except for ‘likdoornpleisters’ = litt.: corn plasters (for your feet – sorry can’t find a better translation).Q: Do you think the children were sedated?

A: There is no doubt.
(Here he told an anecdote: that Kate called a colleague of Gonçalo Amaral’s in the PJ, in August, to ask them to check the twins for traces of sedation. Apparently Kate was alone when she called, and a bit upset. That same afternoon, Gerry called and cancelled the request.)

And yet in her witness statement 6th September Kate says this:.................................

.When asked, she said that before they left she took some precautions, namely placed the medicine inside a bag with a clasp in her room inside the wardrobe or the dresser. These were Calpol (paracetamol) and Nurofen (ibuprofen), for fevers and pains, both for adults and children (packages in liquid for the children). In this bag there was also a small pair of scissors. In the kitchen were cutting items that were used to prepare the meals and which were not put out of sight. During their trips it was normal for them to take these medicines. During these holidays she never gave any medicine to her children, nor did Gerry. She now says that Gerry also took medicine for acidity called Losec (omeprozole) which they also possessed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 05.01.14 10:17

(1) Can you blow up the medicine box as well to see what's on it?

(2) Why have two babies sleeping uncovered on a cold night when you have ample bedding for them in a drawer at hand?

(3) why stand a GSM upright? Charging it?

Back to top Go down

Post by sami on 05.01.14 10:23

Doug D wrote:Sunday Express 6th May 2012

'In a new epilogue for the paperback edition of her book, Madeleine, Kate reveals that drugs filmed being removed from the apartment they were renting in Portugal were actually ­Parkinson’s drugs to treat her father Brian, who has the illness, and not sedatives.'

I haven't got a paperback copy with the added pages, but there doesn't seem any reason to think that it doesn't say this.

I think I have seen a picture of the packet somewhere which seems to confirm this, but just because it says what it is on the box......its not made by  Ronson!

When was the last time you went on holiday, taking your fathers drugs with you and then leaving them out on the side?

I understand that reference to be the film made by Martin Grime, the villa rented and later searched by the dogs, circa very late August/1st September.  There was medication filmed by the bedside at that time, dispensed by, co-incidentally a Chemist called McCann and the inference is it was there because Kate's father was visiting.

There was also a blister pack photographed in the bedroom by the PJ in apartment 5a on the night of the events, which I would guess is the medication being explained by Kate with her reference to Gerrys digestive issues.

sami

Back to top Go down

Post by suep on 05.01.14 10:42

candyfloss wrote:Just for info from the thread 'Medicines'

Interview with Mr Amaral

8/05/2011 02:00
Dave said... 9

Part 2 of 2. Goncalo Amaral Interview at the launch of his books dutch version
"A verdade da mentira"
05/05/09

Q: Is it true, as was reported in De Telegraaf, that an injection needle was found in the apartment?

A: No, that is not true. In fact we have found no medication at all. None at all. Except for ‘likdoornpleisters’ = litt.: corn plasters (for your feet – sorry can’t find a better translation).Q: Do you think the children were sedated?

A: There is no doubt.
(Here he told an anecdote: that Kate called a colleague of Gonçalo Amaral’s in the PJ, in August, to ask them to check the twins for traces of sedation. Apparently Kate was alone when she called, and a bit upset. That same afternoon, Gerry called and cancelled the request.)

And yet in her witness statement 6th September Kate says this:.................................

.When asked, she said that before they left she took some precautions, namely placed the medicine inside a bag with a clasp in her room inside the wardrobe or the dresser. These were Calpol (paracetamol) and Nurofen (ibuprofen), for fevers and pains, both for adults and children (packages in liquid for the children). In this bag there was also a small pair of scissors. In the kitchen were cutting items that were used to prepare the meals and which were not put out of sight. During their trips it was normal for them to take these medicines. During these holidays she never gave any medicine to her children, nor did Gerry. She now says that Gerry also took medicine for acidity called Losec (omeprozole) which they also possessed.

Thank you, candyfloss. I find it interesting that Gerry was taking omeprazole which is a prescription only medicine, yet his GP states he wasn't 'assisting' him with anything. How did Gerry get his prescription? Did he prescribe for himself?

suep

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 05.01.14 11:03

And a long time ago we discovered that he had Terfenadine, banned in many countries and individual named prescription only in the UK< and in any event a very strange choice of drug for the particular condition.
There was a long thread on it.

PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 05.01.14 11:25

Yes, Sami appears right with her timeframe. Sorry.

Also this thread on subject
https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t4238-drugs-in-the-mccanns-apartment

Doug D

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 05.01.14 11:54

PeterMac wrote:And a long time ago we discovered that he had Terfenadine, banned in many countries and individual named prescription only in the UK< and in any event a very strange choice of drug for the particular condition.
There was a long thread on it.
Very strange. Terfenadine [cardiotoxic!!!!] was already replaced by Fexofenadine in the 1990's. And the McCs still had the drug mid 2007 ...?

Back to top Go down

Post by suep on 05.01.14 12:03

Thanks all. That gives me some more reading matter to digest. I never cease to be amazed at the amount of information there is about this case! The more I read the more I realise I don't know.

suep

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 05.01.14 12:56

And did anyone ever get to the bottom of the musical beds situation?

Other than this:

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t2448-kate-mccann-and-what-the-maid-saw

I can’t find another thread, but there must surely be one.

Maid Service Wed 2nd May (am)

KM & GM back bedroom, together with one cot. (There are photos of two beds pushed together towards the window which would have made room for a cot)

One cot, one bed, both used, in front bedroom, one unused bed.

Why would you have one twin in parents room and other in other room? If both twins in shared cot in parents room, M maybe could have been put in bed to go to sleep while parents were still there & then transferred to cot to keep her confined as she was known to wake & wander, although a nearly 4 year old could probably climb out if she wanted. It would also distance the twins from M’s crying & screaming. (Mrs Fenn – night of 1st).  I suppose it’s feasible that you would have both cots in your room overnight & then push one into the other room in the morning out of your way, but from the photos they look a bit too wide to slide through the doors easily.

KM slept by window in single bed on 2nd. Did she bring the (shared?) twins cot in with her so she could keep an eye on all of them? (Not feasible at midnight with two sleeping twins if too wide for doors)

Doug D

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 05.01.14 14:41

Have rewatched CW.....listened to this snippet again and again. Gerry speaking about his 9.05 check and the door open wider than he had left it.

He says  " I could see the twins clearly in their cot "  singular.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

Back to top Go down

Post by onehand on 05.01.14 15:06

Terfenadine is still in use in the netherlands, there was a lot of rumour about it when the fda decided to get it from the market, but in europe a lot of countries thought different. there were at the time worldwide less then 100 cases of hartproblems and death trough this, when it was used with some anti-fungal drugs. it was used in over  200 million people.

it is part of a family of drugs, the anti-histamine group that are used for allergies, like hayfever, etc. but Terfenadine was one of the first you could use without falling a sleep. 

there are also uses for totally different conditions, so is cimetidine known for use as a inhibitor of stomach acids, but also used in animals for sarcoids.
on this one i could sleep for 24 hours a day, not a great success. but there are quite different outcomes and side effects per patient.

other types are in use or also as calming drugs. they were also in use for the double up, no itching and a good night sleep. 

until some years it was quite normal that you could buy a lot of medical drugs over the counter in portugal and spain. lots of antibiotics and other in most countries only on prescription drugs.

onehand

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 05.01.14 15:07

onehand wrote:Terfenadine is still in use in the netherlands, there was a lot of rumour about it when the fda decided to get it from the market, but in europe a lot of countries thought different. there were at the time worldwide less then 100 cases of hartproblems and death trough this, when it was used with some anti-fungal drugs. it was used in over  200 million people.

it is part of a family of drugs, the anti-histamine group that are used for allergies, like hayfever, etc. but Terfenadine was one of the first you could use without falling a sleep. 

there are also uses for totally different conditions, so is cimetidine known for use as a inhibitor of stomach acids, but also used in animals for sarcoids.
on this one i could sleep for 24 hours a day, not a great success. but there are quite different outcomes and side effects per patient.

other types are in use or also as calming drugs. they were also in use for the double up, no itching and a good night sleep. 

until some years it was quite normal that you could buy a lot of medical drugs over the counter in portugal and spain. lots of antibiotics and other in most countries only on prescription drugs.

I think you meant to post this reply on the drugs thread?

Back to top Go down

Post by onehand on 05.01.14 15:12

no, i react on peter mac and chatelaine's post in this topic above.

onehand

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 05.01.14 15:18

onehand wrote:no, i react on peter mac and chatelaine's post in this topic above.

Apologies, hadn't read the previous page.

Back to top Go down

Post by suep on 05.01.14 16:49

onehand wrote:Terfenadine is still in use in the netherlands, there was a lot of rumour about it when the fda decided to get it from the market, but in europe a lot of countries thought different. there were at the time worldwide less then 100 cases of hartproblems and death trough this, when it was used with some anti-fungal drugs. it was used in over  200 million people.

Just browsing a few forums for allergy sufferers and the general consensus seems to be that terfenadine was extremely effective and since its withdrawal nothing they've been prescribed since has worked as well. Just speculating here but maybe Gerry used his contacts to get it for this reason.since its still available in Holland where he probably has friends from his time there.
Also, its advisable to avoid grapefruit juice when taking it because this somehow leads to a dangerous build up of the drug in the body.
Anyone with certain heart conditions should avoid it like the plague.
And I seem to remember that coloboma is sometimes associated with heart problems although its not been established that Madeleine was affected this way.

suep

Back to top Go down

Post by suep on 05.01.14 16:54

Portia wrote:(1) Can you blow up the medicine box as well to see what's on it?

(2) Why have two babies sleeping uncovered on a cold night when you have ample bedding for them in a drawer at hand?

Just seen this, Portia. Apologies for missing it earlier. I did blow up the box but unfortunately even with the image sharpened as much as possible the text is unreadable.

suep

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 05.01.14 17:32

suep wrote:

Just seen this, Portia. Apologies for missing it earlier. I did blow up the box but unfortunately even with the image sharpened as much as possible the text is unreadable.

On the side of the box, the yellow text, I believe the first 3 letters to be SAL. I have looked at this many times and this is what I see.

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 05.01.14 17:32

suep wrote:

I`ve tried as well and cannot make it out.  I`ve also been looking for images of similar packaging but so far have found nothing (not under Terfenadine either).  But then the packaging may have been different in 2007.

PS - after S&M`s post - I thought it was an S as well.  Have looked through all Omeprazole type drugs and anti-histamines.
Woofer

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 05.01.14 17:55

Woofer wrote:
suep wrote:

I`ve tried as well and cannot make it out.  I`ve also been looking for images of similar packaging but so far have found nothing (not under Terfenadine either).  But then the packaging may have been different in 2007.

PS - after S&M`s post - I thought it was an S as well.  Have looked through all Omeprazole type drugs and anti-histamines.

I've copied and enlarged it on a word document, but can't seem to upload the image - I am happy to email it to someone to see if they can see what I mean and upload it here.

ETA: The one on GerryMcanns Blogs is slightly clearer. If you copy it into a word document and fiddle around with the size etc you can actually start to see it quite well, and I'm a technophobe. Someone who can fiddle with pictures, probably can do it easily and it becomes pretty visible.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 05.01.14 18:31

suep wrote:

TNX!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 05.01.14 18:55

I don't know why but I always thought that it was a box of Boots plasters on the dresser.  sad 
I have tried to make out the words but can't. The other logo it could be is Pfizer which is similar to Boots.
S&M is there any chance it could be Sudafed or Sudafed Plus on the side?
Sudafed was made by Pfizer up until 2006.

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 05.01.14 19:12

dantezebu wrote:I don't know why but I always thought that it was a box of Boots plasters on the dresser.  sad 
I have tried to make out the words but can't. The other logo it could be is Pfizer which is similar to Boots.
Have PM'd you.

I can definitely make out S as the first letter, L as the third letter, second letter is definitely a consonant.

I would place a very large bet on this for the single reason, that GM declared Terfenadine, Seldane is a trade name, and the box enlarged definitely has an S first, L third and there is nothing else he declared that would remotely fit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 05.01.14 19:24

I give up.
Just wrote a lengthy comment and it went AWOL.
Will see if it's worthwhile to try and repeat the effort.

And note to self: "WHY didn't you this time copy before continuing to write?"
Answer: "Blame it on the Boogie" ...

Back to top Go down

Post by suep on 06.01.14 6:28

Smokeandmirrors wrote:
dantezebu wrote:I don't know why but I always thought that it was a box of Boots plasters on the dresser.  sad 
Have PM'd you.

I can definitely make out S as the first letter, L as the third letter, second letter is definitely a consonant.

I would place a very large bet on this for the single reason, that GM declared Terfenadine, Seldane is a trade name, and the box enlarged definitely has an S first, L third and there is nothing else he declared that would remotely fit.

Terfenadine was sold in the US as Seldane and in the UK as Triludan, so if the pack on the dresser in the photo is Seldane it originates from the US. This website suggests you can buy still buy it online:-

http://www.doctorsolve.com/canada-pharmacy/brand/buy-cheap-Seldane-online

suep

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum