The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Journalists pro and contra

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Journalists pro and contra

Post by tigger on 05.09.12 8:58

I think he took up this post in April of 2007. There are quite a few useful people who've set up shop in the immediate run-up to 3/5.

IFLG
JC
Psychic Amanda Hart
A Swansea connection with another psychic
any more?

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 05.09.12 15:04

And quite a few immediately after.

The "Fund", which is a limited Company
Halligen's outfit, Oakleigh International
ALPHAIG - another limited Company

Cuddlecat.co.uk
and all the other dubious websites

PeterMac
Investigator

View user profile http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot on 06.09.12 7:02

Looks like Jon Clarke joined/owned Olive Press in 2006 here is his linkedin page

http://es.linkedin.com/pub/jon-clarke/4/922/430

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 06.09.12 7:30

@Gillyspot wrote:Looks like Jon Clarke joined/owned Olive Press in 2006 here is his linkedin page

http://es.linkedin.com/pub/jon-clarke/4/922/430

According to the link to the blog it is in 'Journalisted' :

Experience
Publisher/Editor, The Olive Press (Spain)
2007 - present

Freelance (Telegraph, Times, Mirror, Sun, Sunday Times, Mail, Mail on Sunday)
2002 - present
reporter (features), Mail on Sunday
1999 - 2002
News editor, Now Magazine IPC
1998 - 1999
news reporter/showbiz reporter, Daily Mail
1996 - 1998
Education
Manchester University
BA hons 2:1, Geography
1989-1992
Books by Jon Clarke
Dining Secrets of Andalucia
Santana, 2009
Costa Killer
Constable Robinson, 2005
Awards won
No awards entered
unquote

It has his photograph with it as well. Be interesting to know whether claims have to be substantiated for 'Journalisted'. Certainly not for linked-in.

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 06.09.12 8:34

Olive Press is owned by

Luke Stewart Media S.L.
CIF B 91664029

Plaza San Franciso, No 3
Primera Planta
Sevilla

Tel 951 166 060

Bank account details
Unicaja 2103 0166 31 *******************

PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 06.09.12 9:22

Interestingly, from LinkedIn
Owner
Private
owner of the olive press newspaper group
Málaga Area, Spain Media Production
Current
olive press, luke stewart media
Previous
ask people you know, Daily Mail
Education
ba at The University of Manchester
But then - "viewers of this profile also viewed"
Jon Clarke
owner of the olive press newspaper group
Málaga Area, Spain Media Production
Current
olive press, luke stewart media
Previous
ask people you know, Daily Mail
Education
ba at The University of Manchester

So it does look as though he is the definitive owner, running it through a limited company

PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 06.09.12 18:45

Today I picked up this weeks copy of the Olive Press dated 06 2012 and on page 13 is this article title
Olive press exclusive(left) praised after massive global follow up.
Keeping Maddie in the news! written by Mason Jones.

The first paragraph ..... A former British detective has praised an Olive Press exclusive on a possible spotting of Madeleine McCann on a flight from Ibiza. The story was followed up in over a dozen countries.
Former Met officer Ian Horrocks praised the quick thinking of reader Frank Bode, whose claims were followed up by numerous national newspapers, including Bild in Germany, the Mirror in the UK and Diario de Noticas in Portugal.

And the article continues as we have read before but it is the last two paragraphs that are very concerning.
Over the next couple of months two libel trials are expected to be to be heard regarding the case.
In one, the McCann family are taking retired lawyer Tony Bennett to court in the UK, over repeated claims that they were involved in her death.
Meanwhile in Portugal, a former detective Goncalo Amaral , is being tried over claims in a book that she was most likely killed by her parents.
End quotes.
So this week this free paper is being snapped up by english speaking holiday makers and expats living here to this. All there in writing and in my opinion libel against TB and GA.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 06.09.12 20:42

They should wait until we have subbed it for them, I posted a comment which told them the same you did Nina. They didn't post my comment though.

It may not have been because of me, but those two lines were erased from the internet edition. So it was too late to erase them from the hard copy. Well, that's good! Please keep a few copies, because it's definitely libel.
In print, couldn't be better. Perhaps PeterMac has some idea what to do with it. Perhaps Amaral can demand a front page, headline apology and free advertising for the Truth of the Lie.
Same for TB who could demand the same for the 50 facts.

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 06.09.12 21:48

@tigger wrote:They should wait until we have subbed it for them, I posted a comment which told them the same you did Nina. They didn't post my comment though.

It may not have been because of me, but those two lines were erased from the internet edition. So it was too late to erase them from the hard copy. Well, that's good! Please keep a few copies, because it's definitely libel.
In print, couldn't be better. Perhaps PeterMac has some idea what to do with it. Perhaps Amaral can demand a front page, headline apology and free advertising for the Truth of the Lie.
Same for TB who could demand the same for the 50 facts.

Fascinating.

I posted a VERY strongly worded comment, directed to "Editor, web master and anyone with a brain" and also sent it through to Jon Clarke personally on his email, pointing out that it was defamatory. I obviously have the copy of my email, in my 'sent' box. It was obviously not intended for publication.
They removed it from the on-line edition within hours.

I was unaware that the print edition was already out. I shall get a copy - or two.

PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Genbug on 07.09.12 8:28

@tigger wrote:http://mccanncase.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/another-olive-sighting-of-madeleine.html
Click the link for more information on JC.

Wednesday, 29 August 2012
Another Olive Sighting of Madeleine McCann
Was Madeleine McCann in Ibiza? Asks The The Olive Press who has sprung another sighting, this time on a flight from Ibiza to Germany. The first obstacle is that the family must have a passport for the child in question to board a flight with them in the first place. Or are we to believe that this family – who have two older children and therefore not a childless couple seeking to start a family at any cost – bought Madeleine along with a new identity for her?

But with the obvious aside...

...According to the 'sighter' Frank Bode:

She didn’t seem to fit with her family at all.
Her father and her two brothers are clearly German
Her mother appeared to be British
They all spoke German except for the girl who he clearly heard speaking British English.
Girl seemed totally out of place, nervous, stuttering, just not normal.
Her mother, who bore no resemblance to the girl, was strange woman and didn’t talk the entire trip

If Madeleine had been abducted -- as stated by the McCann couple -- then it’s doubtful she would be speaking ‘British English’ after five years with a foreign family. Five years is long enough for a child to adapt to their surroundings and more importantly, speak their language.

Frank Bode surmises that the mother appeared to be British yet he also states that she did not talk throughout the entire trip. So other than her appearance (which as we know can be deceiving at the best of times), what on earth made him think that she was anything but German? He doesn't say.

What of the fathers’ appearance? Did he look German or British to Frank Bode? This is important because that may put some perspective on the mothers’ appearance through the eyes of Bode. But let’s not get hung up on detail...the father spoke German so that is that...at least according to Frank Bode and the Olive Press article.

As for “out of place, nervous, stuttering, just not normal” – God forbid the girl may simply be shy by nature or nervous of flying. Whichever, it seems too flimsy an argument to warrant printing a photograph of the child in question for the world to ogle.

But there is something that’s bothering me about The Olive Press...it may just be a strange coincidence...

The publisher and editor at Olive Press is Jon Clarke (photo above). According to his bio at the journalisted: in 2002 he started working as a freelancer for the Telegraph, Times, Mirror, Sun, Sunday Times, Mail and Mail on Sunday and it seems by the wording ‘to date’ he’s still employed by those newspapers, albeit freelance.

What is interesting is that he became Publisher/Editor at The Olive Press in 2007! I would be very interested to know which month of 2007 because according to journalisted he has written more about Madeleine than anything else. I suspect all his McCann articles will be ‘pro abduction’.

Tigger, he became publisher at the Olive Press in September 2006.

Genbug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 07.09.12 8:32

Genbug - the discussion has evolved from the post you've quoted. Quite a lot of complementary information with links.

Back to top Go down

Post by Genbug on 07.09.12 8:45

@tigger wrote:Genbug - the discussion has evolved from the post you've quoted. Quite a lot of complementary information with links.

Yes I know Tigger. I was simply correcting the error you made earlier in the thread which said "What is interesting is that he became Publisher/Editor at The Olive Press in 2007! I would be very interested to know which month of 2007..." It wasn't 2007, it was September 2006.

Genbug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 07.09.12 8:47

My comment in the OP.
PM Your comment is awaiting moderation.
SEPTEMBER 6TH, 2012 11:16 PM
I see the print edition still contains your original libel against Dr Amaral. Just to make it clear for all your readers, and to try to help you out of this difficulty, Dr Amaral NEVER claimed that the McCanns KILLED Madeleine. Nor did Mr. Bennett.
Nor so far as I know has any other sane person ever claimed this.
His opinion, and that of his entire investigative team, and of the man who took over the investigation, and of the Portuguese Attourney General, and of the highly skilled dog handler, and of the Leicestershire Police as articulated by their Assistant Chief Constable, is slightly different.

PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 07.09.12 9:25

@Genbug wrote:
@tigger wrote:Genbug - the discussion has evolved from the post you've quoted. Quite a lot of complementary information with links.

Yes I know Tigger. I was simply correcting the error you made earlier in the thread which said "What is interesting is that he became Publisher/Editor at The Olive Press in 2007! I would be very interested to know which month of 2007..." It wasn't 2007, it was September 2006.

If you read the topic, you will see it had already been pointed out by Gillyspot. This information appears to be from linkedin. However, on this link: http://mccanncase.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/another-olive-sighting-of-madeleine.html you will find his entry in 'Journalisted''as being 2007.

Back to top Go down

Post by Genbug on 07.09.12 17:03

Yes, I have read all of that Tigger. But on his Facebook page he says that he started working there in September 2006...

Genbug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 07.09.12 18:17

@Genbug wrote:Yes, I have read all of that Tigger. But on his Facebook page he says that he started working there in September 2006...

Well, I don't do Facebook and I presumed you'd taken the date from the linked in because you didn't give the source. People lie. Neither Facebook nor linked in checks facts. They are data harvesting sites. I have no idea how reliable Journalisted is either.

So we can conclude that it is either 2006 or 2007 but without solid proof it is neither one nor the other.

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 07.09.12 18:36

Current edition is Vol. 6 Issue 142
It comes out fortnightly so has been going for 284 weeks
That is 5.461538462 years, or 1993.461539 days (approx !)
Which means no 1 was 24th March 2007
Allow for start up, setting up company, premises, staff, printer, etc etc
Means he must have actually started the operation in 2006.

PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 07.09.12 19:15

@PeterMac wrote:Current edition is Vol. 6 Issue 142
It comes out fortnightly so has been going for 284 weeks
That is 5.461538462 years, or 1993.461539 days (approx !)
Which means no 1 was 24th March 2007
Allow for start up, setting up company, premises, staff, printer, etc etc
Means he must have actually started the operation in 2006.

...and now it is both! (2006 and 2007) Doesn't matter, if he actually owns it he was very lucky to be in PdL so very early on the 4th.

In any case, he's off my Christmas card list! winkwink

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 07.09.12 23:37

His version is that he was rung by two separate papers, and put "on duty" to go and write the piece.
Two separate contracts.
Double pay. Double expenses. That is how it works.
400 a day plus double expenses.
So he went, and stayed for a week or so, and wrote.
All his early stuff was in the Sun.
He did not publish anything in his own OP till many months later. (October, if I remember correctly, after a dram or twain of Aberlour Millennium)

PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 08.09.12 6:28

Thanks, I knew that because you'd told me. He was there because the UK press was alerted so early.

He's off my Christmas list not only because of the Madeleine stories but mainly because OP seems lately to have censored rather than edited the comments of its readers. Obviously they are read as we can infer from the paragraph which disappeared off the website.
In the first place this means the OP is badly informed on the case for which there is no excuse and in the second place letting through a few saccharine comments is censorship of the worst kind.
Even the DM does better on that score.

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 08.09.12 8:34

Jon admitted to me that I am on a special list of people whose comments have to be very carefully scrutinised before they are allowed through.
In one way it was rather a compliment !

PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 08.09.12 8:44

@PeterMac wrote:Jon admitted to me that I am on a special list of people whose comments have to be very carefully scrutinised before they are allowed through.
In one way it was rather a compliment !

Quite an eye-opener though, since it implies that comments are well vetted, and only the mushy saccharine ones get through, so what is he knowingly playing along with ? Just as well he knows he has you looking over his shoulder.

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by statsman on 08.09.12 9:23

What a shame he doesn't vet his own material as closely!
statsman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 08.09.12 9:58

Mine certainly are vetted.
If I post over the weekend my comment will not hit the screen until mid morning on Monday - though it shows on mine as "Awaiting moderation", no one else can see it.

PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 23.07.13 7:39

From page one:  a paragraph I think of particular interest right now.

Clarence Mitchell, the McCann’s PR adviser and spokesman, continues to make use of the British government’s services despite having officially resigned from his position as director of the
Media Monitoring Unit*. The accusation comes from a Home Office source who has stated that the outgoing director had called upon his former service to keep a watch not only on several journalists but also on the behaviour of participants in a list of forums and blogs considered to be “highly detrimental to the image of the McCanns and that of the British government”.

Early days - early measures taken. Why monitor forums so soon?

Considering we are six years on we must have done something for the unemployment figures - at least as far a media monitoring is concerned.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum