The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Do the McCanns deserve to be hated?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do the McCanns deserve to be hated?

Post by Susan on 29.10.11 16:09

Ok so they made a terrible mistake leaving Madeleine and the twins alone....but reading forums, youtube posts etc, it now appears 90% is bitterness towards the parents. Can you blame them for creating the media storm and pursuing justice? Is there actually any good evidence that "they did it", which many seem to vehemently hypothesise? Should they not get a lot more sympathy despite their mistake?

Susan

Posts : 1
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Do the McCanns deserve to be hated?

Post by Guest on 29.10.11 16:16

What makes you think that the twins and Madeleine, not to mention all the other tapas children, had been left on their own Susan?

You have been a member here for 5 months now, surely you will have been following many of our threads that raises many unanswered questions on this subject? Like was there even a need to leave them all on their own, when one or two members of the group was missing, all or most of the night?
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Do the McCanns deserve to be hated?

Post by MyBrainHurts on 29.10.11 16:18

I don't think "hated" is the correct word to use. Those who criticise the McCanns simply want to see the perpetrators of this crime arrested and brought to trial. I believe that justice should be pursued by the Portuguese authorities, assisted by the British police as necessary. The McCanns failed to co-operate with the investigation from day one, preferring to create a media storm which, if anything, hampered the official lines of enquiry. It was interesting to see how things developed following the book launch. The money raised hasn't been used to fund a genuine private investigation, it is being squandered on legal fees in order to silence anyone who questions their version of what happened.
avatar
MyBrainHurts

Posts : 16
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Do the McCanns deserve to be hated?

Post by Guest on 29.10.11 16:20

clapping1 Well said MyBrainHurts. Personally, I have no feelings for them.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Do the McCanns deserve to be hated?

Post by BrokenBritain on 29.10.11 16:32

A mistake is forgetting your house keys in the door or letting the bath overflow. Leaving three under four-year olds in the house alone whilst you go and enjoy yourself is terrible neglect. It's not a mistake. They didn't forget the kids they decided to leave them. That's their story anyway. It's the only version that allows for an abduction to take place. I don't think there was an abduction, I think something else happened that they don't want people to know about.
avatar
BrokenBritain

Posts : 16
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-07-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Wrong sentiment.

Post by tigger on 29.10.11 16:33

Hate is a pointless emotion. We are simply dissecting and criticising the McCanns for their past and current behaviour and outright lies.
A good example is the current investigation at tax payers' expense. The price of a stamp on a letter to the PJ could have re-opened the investigation from the moment it got shelved. It was the British Police who said in 2007 that there was enough evidence for a case to be answered. Then they too, were silenced.
We are here for Maddie and for justice, for where will it end if such a blatant manipulation of evidence and censorship (in favour of the McCanns) of the media is not exposed?
I don't particularly care whether the McCanns will ever end up in prison. I just want the fraudulent Fund rolled up and the proceeds given to worthwhile children's charities and I want the McCanns just to go away and never darken our screens and front pages again. I'm not interested in revenge, only justice.



____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
avatar
tigger

Posts : 8114
Reputation : 48
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Re: Do the McCanns deserve to be hated?

Post by jd on 29.10.11 16:51

Yep we are here for Maddie and justice...not revenge. And the word Hate does not apply here so it is fruitless to say it. The way the McCanns have manipulated the public over the years...no they do not deserve sympathy, even if for arguments sake it was a mistake. There are many other families in similar situations and none of them have ever had a 10th of the power of the UK the McCanns have had

____________________
Who pulled the strings?...THE SYMINGTONS..And the Scottish connections...Look no further if you dare
avatar
jd

Posts : 4151
Reputation : 23
Join date : 2011-07-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Do the McCanns deserve to be hated?

Post by pennylane on 29.10.11 17:06

I feel so sorry for Madeleine because her parents are a pair of selfish, greedy narcissists. They are responsible for her tragic end, and have done nothing but fleece the public to cover their own, sorry backsides ever since.

When I watch them spewing their ever changing version of events, it makes my flesh crawl.




jmho

pennylane

Posts : 2756
Reputation : 1588
Join date : 2009-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Do the McCanns deserve to be hated?

Post by Shibboleth on 29.10.11 17:43

@Susan wrote:Ok so they made a terrible mistake leaving Madeleine and the twins alone....but reading forums, youtube posts etc, it now appears 90% is bitterness towards the parents. Can you blame them for creating the media storm and pursuing justice? Is there actually any good evidence that "they did it", which many seem to vehemently hypothesise? Should they not get a lot more sympathy despite their mistake?

Why do you imply, with your very first post, that those who criticize the McCanns must *hate* them.

The term *haters* is used and misused, by McCann supporters and trolls.

____________________
“Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.” ~ Joseph Stalin, 1897-1953
"If Adolph Hitler flew in today, they'd send a limousine anyway." ~ Joe Strummer, 1952-2002
avatar
Shibboleth

Posts : 500
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-10-16
Location : Jaffa - Tel Aviv

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Do the McCanns deserve to be hated?

Post by Guest on 29.10.11 17:52

Some excellent replies here. I certainly would feel sympathy for the McCanns if I believed their story of what happened and that they were guilty of nothing more than leaving their children unattended with disastrous results. Now that I know of all the numerous inconsistencies in the original story, not to mention everything that the McCanns have done since to dig themselves in ever deeper, there is no question whatever in my mind that they are not telling the truth.

I don't hate them - well, Kate's whiny self-pitying voice makes me think very hateful thoughts but I'm sure I'm not alone there - I'm angrier with the fact that, because they clearly have some influential contacts, they are being treated more favourably than anyone else when they certainly don't deserve it.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Do the McCanns deserve to be hated?

Post by jd on 29.10.11 18:43

@Shibboleth wrote:
@Susan wrote:Ok so they made a terrible mistake leaving Madeleine and the twins alone....but reading forums, youtube posts etc, it now appears 90% is bitterness towards the parents. Can you blame them for creating the media storm and pursuing justice? Is there actually any good evidence that "they did it", which many seem to vehemently hypothesise? Should they not get a lot more sympathy despite their mistake?

Why do you imply, with your very first post, that those who criticize the McCanns must *hate* them.

The term *haters* is used and misused, by McCann supporters and trolls.

Shuuush! winkwink

____________________
Who pulled the strings?...THE SYMINGTONS..And the Scottish connections...Look no further if you dare
avatar
jd

Posts : 4151
Reputation : 23
Join date : 2011-07-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Do the McCanns deserve to be hated?

Post by Guest on 30.10.11 9:21

@Susan wrote:Ok so they made a terrible mistake leaving Madeleine and the twins alone....but reading forums, youtube posts etc, it now appears 90% is bitterness towards the parents. Can you blame them for creating the media storm and pursuing justice? Is there actually any good evidence that "they did it", which many seem to vehemently hypothesise? Should they not get a lot more sympathy despite their mistake?

Susan, I would welcome any evidence you may have that they didn't do it, please feel free to bring it here and debate it. I can't speak for everyone on here but I personally don't hate the McCann's. I just consider them to be extremely distasteful self absorbed opportunists.

Here is an example of what I found distasteful, quote from Susan Healy "'She said last night "if I weighed another two stone, had a bigger bosom and looked more maternal, people would be more sympathetic"

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/news/70870-bigger-breasts-would-get-me-more-sympathy-says-maddies-mother#ixzz1cFmseprm

If my 4 year old daughter was missing I can assure you that the last thing on my mind would be my breast size or whether anyone was sympathetic or not, I would feel ashamed to even think of myself or what people thought about me. In my book sympathy is a bit like respect, it is earned. I have a lot of sympathy for little Madeleine (who is the real victim in this case I remind you) and for the twins. As for the parents, I'd be very happy to never see them on my TV or in my newspaper, exactly who decided that we must see them and hear them and be automatically sympathetic towards them?
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Do the McCanns deserve to be hated?

Post by Shibboleth on 30.10.11 9:38

Can Susan please show, who here *hates* the McCanns? Otherwise, the entire topic is invalid.

____________________
“Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.” ~ Joseph Stalin, 1897-1953
"If Adolph Hitler flew in today, they'd send a limousine anyway." ~ Joe Strummer, 1952-2002
avatar
Shibboleth

Posts : 500
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-10-16
Location : Jaffa - Tel Aviv

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Do the McCanns deserve to be hated?

Post by Guest on 30.10.11 9:46

As far as I can see, negative words such as hate and anger, are only ever used by those looking to support the abduction story.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Do the McCanns deserve to be hated?

Post by Guest on 30.10.11 9:55

Yes, it is the sites run by people who support the McCanns (no matter how riduculous their stories become) that are filled with hate.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Do the McCanns deserve to be hated?

Post by puzzled on 30.10.11 10:03

@Susan wrote: Is there actually any good evidence that "they did it", which many seem to vehemently hypothesise? Should they not get a lot more sympathy despite their mistake?

Well, all the forensic evidence points to them. No real forensic evidence was ever found that implicates anyone else in the case. It's not absolutely conclusive of course (if it was, it would have gone to court) but it has to be taken very seriously. The Portuguese police wouldn't be doing their job if they didn't do that. As for a mistake, if it's true that they left three children of that age alone night after night(and even this may be doubtful) that's not a mistake, that's deliberate, constant neglect. A mistake is like what Michael Jackson did when he showed his baby to fans in Germany one time. Do you remember, he held it over the balcony of his hotel room for a few seconds? That's the sort of thing anyone can do on the spur of the moment, but even then, there was outrage about it in the press, and even calls for the authorities to take action. But what the McCanns did was far worse than that.

As for 'hate', I don't hate the McCanns, but the way they seem hell-bent on destroying anyone who questions their version of events revolts me - not to mention being highly suspicious.

puzzled

Posts : 200
Reputation : 21
Join date : 2011-06-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Do the McCanns deserve to be hated?

Post by pennylane on 30.10.11 10:09

I don't hate them, but I fail to see any endearing qualities in a pair of devious, manipulative and (imo) unscrupulous people, who have hurt many and conned the masses.

My heart goes out to Madeleine only.

pennylane

Posts : 2756
Reputation : 1588
Join date : 2009-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Do the McCanns deserve to be hated?

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 30.10.11 13:19

I don't hate the McCanns - I don'tknow them. But I can say that I hate the behaviour that I have personally seen on televised interview, the denial of any personal culpability for the situation. The other replies have outlined much that I don't need to repeat.

Mainly though, there is not one scrap of submissable evidence that an abduction took place. Just contradictory statements from those involved. Had the "story" remained solid and consistent from the off, had the dogs alerted to nothing, had the fund been a charity, had they not sought to sue people for expressing their views etc more people would feel supportive and empathetic.

____________________
The truth will out.
avatar
Smokeandmirrors
Moderator

Posts : 2428
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2011-07-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Do the McCanns deserve to be hated?

Post by jd on 30.10.11 14:18

@Smokeandmirrors wrote:I don't hate the McCanns - I don'tknow them. But I can say that I hate the behaviour that I have personally seen on televised interview, the denial of any personal culpability for the situation. The other replies have outlined much that I don't need to repeat.

Mainly though, there is not one scrap of submissable evidence that an abduction took place. Just contradictory statements from those involved. Had the "story" remained solid and consistent from the off, had the dogs alerted to nothing, had the fund been a charity, had they not sought to sue people for expressing their views etc more people would feel supportive and empathetic.

Well said

____________________
Who pulled the strings?...THE SYMINGTONS..And the Scottish connections...Look no further if you dare
avatar
jd

Posts : 4151
Reputation : 23
Join date : 2011-07-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Do the McCanns deserve to be hated?

Post by mexx on 30.10.11 14:55

I doubt that many people "hate" them. Their behaviour and demeanor is despicable and people respond to that.

mexx

Posts : 50
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-09-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Do the McCanns deserve to be hated?

Post by PeterMac on 30.10.11 15:37

I don't 'hate' them. In some ways I pity them. (I do not recall having 'hated' any of the very many people I arrested and who were sent to prison. They were mostly inadequate and lacking in intellect. Some were wicked, that is clear, but still I didn't 'hate' them. Despise them, hold them in contempt, there are many other states a long way from 'hatred')
I believe they were foolish and ill advised. I think they have trapped themselves in a situation from which they think they can escape only in one direction.
It is sad that their strength of character is not sufficient to release them from what must be a very unpleasant state.
Also very sad that the strength of character of the other people who know small parts of the story is also insufficient for them to do the right thing.

____________________

avatar
PeterMac
Investigator

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 174
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

At home with the Macbeths.

Post by tigger on 30.10.11 18:48

@PeterMac wrote:I don't 'hate' them. In some ways I pity them. (I do not recall having 'hated' any of the very many people I arrested and who were sent to prison. They were mostly inadequate and lacking in intellect. Some were wicked, that is clear, but still I didn't 'hate' them. Despise them, hold them in contempt, there are many other states a long way from 'hatred')
I believe they were foolish and ill advised. I think they have trapped themselves in a situation from which they think they can escape only in one direction.
It is sad that their strength of character is not sufficient to release them from what must be a very unpleasant state.
Also very sad that the strength of character of the other people who know small parts of the story is also insufficient for them to do the right thing.

The whole thing seems to have such an inevitability about it. They remind me more and more of the Macbeths, destroying themselves in the pursuit of unworthy goals. I'm particularly fond of the opera Macbeth by Verdi.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
avatar
tigger

Posts : 8114
Reputation : 48
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Re: Do the McCanns deserve to be hated?

Post by PeterMac on 31.10.11 8:01

This may be more like "Götterdämmerung" - The Twilight of the Gods.
Of even the Flying Dutchman, where at the end the ship is able to sink.
Or Peter Grimes !

____________________

avatar
PeterMac
Investigator

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 174
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Do the McCanns deserve to be hated?

Post by AskTheDogsSandra on 31.10.11 8:19

I hate them.

I hate they way they lie and beg.
I hate the way they assume they will get away with their crimes which makes them carry on when they should have disappeared from view after they were released from arguido status when they decided they didn't want the investigation to remain open.
I hate the way they moan and complain that no one is looking for Maddy when its there fault no one is looking.
I hate their fakeness.
I hate their whiney voices.
I hate the way Kate grabs Gerry's crotch when being interviewed.
I hate the way they flaunt their fraud in public.
I hate the way they abuse the public with their lies.
I hate the way they attach themselves to parents of real missing kids.
I hate the way they don't give up this circus even though its affected other people like Shannon Matthews.
I hate the way they beg for money then use it for lawyers.
I hate the way I feel after reading about their crimes for the past 4 yrs.
I hate them.
I hate them.
I HATE THEM I tell you angry2

That feels better biggergrin
avatar
AskTheDogsSandra

Posts : 132
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2011-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Do the McCanns deserve to be hated?

Post by pennylane on 31.10.11 8:50

@AskTheDogsSandra wrote:I hate them.

I hate they way they lie and beg.
I hate the way they assume they will get away with their crimes which makes them carry on when they should have disappeared from view after they were released from arguido status when they decided they didn't want the investigation to remain open.
I hate the way they moan and complain that no one is looking for Maddy when its there fault no one is looking.
I hate their fakeness.
I hate their whiney voices.
I hate the way Kate grabs Gerry's crotch when being interviewed.
I hate the way they flaunt their fraud in public.
I hate the way they abuse the public with their lies.
I hate the way they attach themselves to parents of real missing kids.
I hate the way they don't give up this circus even though its affected other people like Shannon Matthews.
I hate the way they beg for money then use it for lawyers.
I hate the way I feel after reading about their crimes for the past 4 yrs.
I hate them.
I hate them.
I HATE THEM I tell you

That feels better

Excellent post ATDS. I hate the way they make me feel too, but mostly I feel despair at a world that allows such a horrible crime to go unpunished, and worse still rewards those who committed it! They are certainly a very caustic couple!

pennylane

Posts : 2756
Reputation : 1588
Join date : 2009-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum