The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™️ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Paul Grover - photographer to the stars

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Paul Grover - photographer to the stars

Post by juliet on 25.10.11 21:02

Paul Grover works for Rex Features, and he is forever photographing Royalty, politicians etc for newspapers and magazines.

Weirdly, this top press man had a commission in early 2007 to photograph three-yr-old Madeleine McCann at her home.

No-one would argue that in these photographs the child is wearing make-up and is in odd postures.

WHY would the McCanns use an expensive London photographer for these professional pictures? And why no sign of Amelie and Sean in any of them?

Not saying that Paul Grover did anything untoward, he was just following the parents' orders. But what made them ask him up to Rothley in the first place?
juliet

Back to top Go down

Re: Paul Grover - photographer to the stars

Post by Guest on 25.10.11 21:32

Thought it would be worth showing what other photos , apart from the Lolita type photos, are credited to Paul Grover.

This one gets a credit to Paul Grover in the Telegraph:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/5043799/Madeleine-McCanns-parents-launch-new-appeal-to-find-daughter.html

Back to top Go down

Post by juliet on 25.10.11 21:39

The above looks like a typical studio portrair, with the cloud back cloth.

Very different from Madeleine by the skirting board and in the pool/bath at home.

Was Grover at the McCann's beck and call, for numerous photocalls?

http://www.rexfeatures.com/search/?&kw=mccann&sft=&pg=1&context=&viah=N&ord=N&smtpfx=&pl=40&stk=N&lkw=&iso=GBR&od=G&search_newest=search_newest
juliet

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 25.10.11 23:10

juliet wrote:Paul Grover works for Rex Features, and he is forever photographing Royalty, politicians etc for newspapers and magazines.

Weirdly, this top press man had a commission in early 2007 to photograph three-yr-old Madeleine McCann at her home.

No-one would argue that in these photographs the child is wearing make-up and is in odd postures.

WHY would the McCanns use an expensive London photographer for these professional pictures? And why no sign of Amelie and Sean in any of them?

Not saying that Paul Grover did anything untoward, he was just following the parents' orders. But what made them ask him up to Rothley in the first place?

All good questions Juliet, for a couple of GP's who were near broke this is not practical unless there was a ulterior motive. I have copied my post from earlier into this topic as it is more fitting here.....

jd wrote:
juliet wrote:Also, I do wonder if the "in the pool" picture is actually an "in the bath" picture by the famous Paul Grover.

This is a very good observation Juliet. I think you are right. Compared to the other ones and famous ice cream picture......the hair, face, mouth, eyes, eyebrows are the same and are taken on the same day! ie same photoshoot. Looking at the pool one, this does look to me that the head has been photoshopped onto a pool image...the neck down looks very weird and doesn't fit in right with the head. And the 'style' of the image is the same ie same camera lens with that slight blur which I guess is made to look trendy art effect. Looking like this photoshoot with Paul Grover is becoming a main source for the pictures, and the ones which do not have his signature are the ones which have been manipulated and photoshopped

Also, the one with Maddie laying on her back is taken inside an house in the UK (look at the skirting boards), so the pool one could not have been taken in a pool in PDL

These pics were definitely taken the same day same photoshoot....The white light spot on Maddies hair in the pool photo I think is a photoshop attempt to create sunlight....But it not only looks like a spotlight (for the camera) the sun does not reflect like this...The curve of the 'sun' is too perfect for it to be the real thing

Back to top Go down

Post by Buildersbum on 26.10.11 8:15

Hmm Paul Grover, wonder if it would help to drop him an e-mail, just a little one to remind him how his pictures are been used, especially if there is a bit of photoshop going on, at the end of the day these pictures could be used in a court of law.

Buildersbum

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 26.10.11 8:22

As the photographer, he owns copyright of those images. Any changes to them without his permission, is breaking copyright laws. Changes with his permission is ok, but he should then know the name of the person who applied to use and change them and of course how much he was paid for the priviledge !!!

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 26.10.11 8:48

I am sure Paul Grover knows full well his pictures are being used in this manner, no question. I bet he knows the truth of the scam too

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 26.10.11 8:53

Stewie wrote:Thought it would be worth showing what other photos , apart from the Lolita type photos, are credited to Paul Grover.

This one gets a credit to Paul Grover in the Telegraph:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/5043799/Madeleine-McCanns-parents-launch-new-appeal-to-find-daughter.html

This one could also have been taking in their house same day as the pool and "laying weird on her back" picture. BUT I think Madeleine look older on this picture then on the two other ones, so I dont believe they where taken the same day. At the same time I find it weird if Paul Grover where there twice to photograph. I guess its not cheap having a professional photographer coming home to take your picture...

Also I find Madeleine very sad looking on this one compered to the twins..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 26.10.11 9:47

There's a photographer called Paul Grover in the Kent area - link removed - wonder if he is ever asked for somewhat unusual images by people who've confused him with the other one!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 26.10.11 9:54

Marian wrote:There's a photographer called Paul Grover in the Kent area - LINK REMOVED - wonder if he is ever asked for somewhat unusual images by people who've confused him with the other one!

We can atleast rule him out to be the Mccann photographer as his FAQ say this :

Paul Grover Photography was launched in 2009 and I have been growing the business slowly and steadily since then.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 26.10.11 10:06

I didn't mean to infer that he was the same as the one who took the photos of Madeleine. Here's a link to a photo of the real one.

link removed

Back to top Go down

Post by Willo on 26.10.11 10:41

Those Lolita photo's if taken by Paul Grover will not a look good on his CV. Who would want a wedding photographer who does suggestive photo sets of little 3 year old girls in make up.

Maybe Mr.Grover would explain the circumstances of his Madeleine shoot. Mr Grover might roll over to protect his livlihood and help resolve a few of the questions that have been posed on his photos over the last 4+ years.

He must have known those photos would look dodgy. Is he a friend of David Payne? Does he do this kind of work often? Why would he even agree to take on such a job in the present climate?

This man could hold the key to some sinister secrets.

Or he could of made an error of judgement and be willing to help put it right.

Further investigation required.
Willo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 26.10.11 11:27

Marian wrote:I didn't mean to infer that he was the same as the one who took the photos of Madeleine. Here's a link to a photo of the real one.

Link removed

I know you didn't :) I just wanted to point it out incase anyone reading was unsure if it could be him :)

But the one you are linking to , is it proved that it is the right Paul Grover? I just can't imagin him taking those pictures. First because it is a private shoot, and from his homesite that do not look like what he does normally. (if he did not know them in some way and did it as a friendservice)
And I also think the quality on the PG MBM pics are way off when you look at the picture hi's taken on his homesite..

(im sorry about my bad English writing )

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 26.10.11 12:16

Can I urge some caution here please? Research on another forum has shown that there is more than one Paul Grover who is a photographer and the Daily Telegraph Paul Grover has already been contacted and said that his not connected with these pictures.

Those of you who are members of MCF will be able to search and find the relevant discussions. I will have a look later.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 26.10.11 12:45

[quote="Marian"]I didn't mean to infer that he was the same as the one who took the photos of Madeleine. Here's a link to a photo of the real one.

link removed

I'm sorry for adding to the confusion by mentioning this Paul Grover's website. Admin: please could you delete it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on 26.10.11 16:33

alison wrote:Can I urge some caution here please? Research on another forum has shown that there is more than one Paul Grover who is a photographer and the Daily Telegraph Paul Grover has already been contacted and said that his not connected with these pictures.

Those of you who are members of MCF will be able to search and find the relevant discussions. I will have a look later.

Thanks alison. Yes, I remember reading something somewhere about him denying taking the photos. Just done a search and this is all I could find.

"Just to let you all know about that photo Pratonthebeam and vile find so
provocative, and they say was done by a professional photographer WAS
NOT.
I have emailed Paul Grover this morning and his reply came back"

Hello Chris,

yes i did copy it from the family in Glasgow but i dont
know why it has my name on it I work for the Telegraph so it might
have someting to do with that i hope this helps you.

Paul

http://justice4mccannfam.5forum.biz/t20-photograph-of-madeleine-especially-for-stevo-of-the-3-a-s

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 26.10.11 17:20

The comment from "Tinkerbell43" on the link supplied by Daisy that the photo isn't provocative is mind-boggling. All I can say is that, like so many McCann fans, she is literally away with the fairies!

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 26.10.11 18:26

I couldn't help but laugh at those comments...I mean talk about being totally nieve. Makes you wonder if their brain has ever engaged

Back to top Go down

Post by Willo on 26.10.11 22:46

I also emailed Mr Grover through his business website last night asking why, where and for whom these photos were taken and were they photoshopped and this morning had five replies from an iphone.

1/ To answer your questions I Sid not photograph Madeleine I copies the photos from her grandmothers album when she went missing

2/ Also the the pics are not Lolita pics they are family pics taken by members of the family if you think they are Lolita pics your problem

3/ And no they are not altered in phot shop

4/ I kind of get fed up with people thinking that I take pics of young girls there was nothing sinister they are not my pictures! So let that be the end of it

5/ Hello Willo, Not sure what you are implying but I did not have ever photographed Madeleine McCann I copied her grandmothers phot album I am not sure why people (you are not the first) think they are "Lolita" style pics I never thought that when I saw them if you have a problem with the style of the photos have a word with the family because THEY ARE NOT MINE!

So the photos were taken by a family member!!! Mr.Grover it seems has become innocently involved. Another outsider dragged into the mire.
Willo

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on 26.10.11 23:21

"I kind of get fed up with people thinking that I take pics of young
girls
there was nothing sinister they are not my pictures! So let that
be the end of it!"

"
THEY ARE NOT MINE!"

If that is a genuine reply from the real Paul Grover then he needs to sort it out.

If he's so fed up (there's many unhappy with these pics) that people are bugging him so much, why doesn't he go to the source of the problem? Who stuck his name on the pics? Not us that's for sure. Surely if he has a problem that's where he should be directing his frustration and anger? After all, he must realise by now that right thinking people (due to the circumstances p.129 & all that!) feel very uneasy about these photos.

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on 27.10.11 0:10

The Mccanns can't make me believe they suspect paedophiles could have abducted Madeleine, yet at the same time release 'sexy' posed pictures of their missing baby. That does not compute!

I don't like to give away personal info but to try and make my point here I'll say: I have children, & quite a few grandchildren (not tellin how many). I have many cousins, nieces, nephews, a really big family (much bigger than Gerry's ). I love photography, I have literally hundreds of photographs of my offspring throughout all stages of their lives - some of these children are exceptionally bright and beautiful and were even offered modelling contracts. I'm glad their parents refused the offer. I'm trying to say, out of my huge family collection of photos there's not one of a 3 year old posing in such a way. That is NOT a natural shot! Can anyone here find such a photograph in their family albums?

I'm sure these pics are another red herring though, just another distraction. He got the photo from granny Eileen's album? Yeah yeah...

Unknown

Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 27.10.11 0:41

Willo wrote:I also emailed Mr Grover through his business website last night asking why, where and for whom these photos were taken and were they photoshopped and this morning had five replies from an iphone.

1/ To answer your questions I Sid not photograph Madeleine I copies the photos from her grandmothers album when she went missing

2/ Also the the pics are not Lolita pics they are family pics taken by members of the family if you think they are Lolita pics your problem

3/ And no they are not altered in phot shop

4/ I kind of get fed up with people thinking that I take pics of young girls there was nothing sinister they are not my pictures! So let that be the end of it

5/ Hello Willo, Not sure what you are implying but I did not have ever photographed Madeleine McCann I copied her grandmothers phot album I am not sure why people (you are not the first) think they are "Lolita" style pics I never thought that when I saw them if you have a problem with the style of the photos have a word with the family because THEY ARE NOT MINE!

So the photos were taken by a family member!!! Mr.Grover it seems has become innocently involved. Another outsider dragged into the mire.

Well done Willo. Theses answers are really weird (just like everything else in this case).....But they do beg the question....why is your name on the photos then????? (Paul Grover)

Daisy I totally agree with everything you say

Back to top Go down

Post by Willo on 27.10.11 1:46

It looks like Mr Grover was despatched by his editor to cover the Madeleine story and was given these photos from the Grandmothers album to help him. So the photos even though not shot by Mr Grover were part of his narrative and thus appear alongside his name.

This was pre the Gaspar interview, page 129 and other weird Jon Corner (photographer) statements among others. So there was no prejudging in the early days. I myself can't look at those photos without thinking Paedo but then my life has been intruded on by two of them, family members, (both dead now thank god) and having three daughters of my own I have been so aware to protect them at all times.

But if someone who has not come across or even thought about such practices would they look at those photos and see nothing untoward? I cannot remove myself far enough to see just a photo.

What I am trying to say is that Mr.Grover made a mistake using those photos but it I would say it was all done with 100% innocense. After all it was alright with ol' Granny McCann.

Be interesting to find out who did actually take the photos.
Willo

Back to top Go down

Post by tumbleweed on 27.10.11 6:10

Willo wrote:Be interesting to find out who did actually take the photos.

My guess would be Gerry, getting her to pose by talking to her in that same creepy, syrupy voice of his as in the videos of her. *shudders*
tumbleweed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 27.10.11 8:34

Mr Grover does not say which Grandmother he is referring to.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum