The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

SY Review Team - Includes STATEMENT 6 Oct by Inspector Steve Bentley - Page 1 Mm11

SY Review Team - Includes STATEMENT 6 Oct by Inspector Steve Bentley - Page 1 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

SY Review Team - Includes STATEMENT 6 Oct by Inspector Steve Bentley - Page 1 Mm11

SY Review Team - Includes STATEMENT 6 Oct by Inspector Steve Bentley - Page 1 Regist10

SY Review Team - Includes STATEMENT 6 Oct by Inspector Steve Bentley

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SY Review Team - Includes STATEMENT 6 Oct by Inspector Steve Bentley - Page 1 Empty Disciples

Post by tigger 01.10.11 15:07

I think that much of the fanaticism of the pros is due to the well known phenomenon of people in search of a cause to believe in.

The McCanns are defended with a fervour worthy of any religion. Their bible seems to be the press and the 'world according to Kate', or Mein Kampf, as I like to call it.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

SY Review Team - Includes STATEMENT 6 Oct by Inspector Steve Bentley - Page 1 Empty The cavalry is on its way!

Post by Guest 01.10.11 18:39

I wonder how many lawless hills there are in PDL for Dave Edgar to search. With acknowledgemets to Ufercoffy who put the idea in my head, perhaps he could round up a motley gang of trolls - Garth and his chums, Ringo, Happy Larry, Murat Fan, Jayelles and the unknown charmless guests who've graced this forum from time to time - and head for the hills. Come on guys, surely it would be worth getting out of your basements for a while to do something worthwhile (not to mention a chance to claim the 2 milllion plus reward) and prove that we sceptics were talking trollocks (or something like that) all along.

SY Review Team - Includes STATEMENT 6 Oct by Inspector Steve Bentley - Page 1 595373
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

SY Review Team - Includes STATEMENT 6 Oct by Inspector Steve Bentley - Page 1 Empty Is there still a reward?

Post by tigger 01.10.11 21:23

Marian wrote:I wonder how many lawless hills there are in PDL for Dave Edgar to search. With acknowledgemets to Ufercoffy who put the idea in my head, perhaps he could round up a motley gang of trolls - Garth and his chums, Ringo, Happy Larry, Murat Fan, Jayelles and the unknown charmless guests who've graced this forum from time to time - and head for the hills. Come on guys, surely it would be worth getting out of your basements for a while to do something worthwhile (not to mention a chance to claim the 2 milllion plus reward) and prove that we sceptics were talking trollocks (or something like that) all along.

SY Review Team - Includes STATEMENT 6 Oct by Inspector Steve Bentley - Page 1 595373

Wasn't it the case that both Richard Branson and J.K. Rowling put up a million each as a reward in 2007. But I never see that mentioned anywhere, is it anywhere on their website? I wouldn't be too surprised to find both had withdrawn their offers.
J.K. Rowling isn't too fond of the Ms I think, she has been quick to state that she had nothing to do with the book.
But the reward is never mentioned in their many many interviews. Why not? It would get a lot more people looking.

Back to top Go down

SY Review Team - Includes STATEMENT 6 Oct by Inspector Steve Bentley - Page 1 Empty Re: SY Review Team - Includes STATEMENT 6 Oct by Inspector Steve Bentley

Post by aiyoyo 02.10.11 16:14

The offerers probably did that as gesture only to advance or promote their names and did not expect to spend the money for they probably knew Maddie will never be found. It was just a symbolic gesture and nothing else cause you dont see them offering reward for other missing child do you?
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

SY Review Team - Includes STATEMENT 6 Oct by Inspector Steve Bentley - Page 1 Empty Re: SY Review Team - Includes STATEMENT 6 Oct by Inspector Steve Bentley

Post by happychick 03.10.11 7:14

Good luck today TB clapping
happychick
happychick

Activity : 503

Back to top Go down

SY Review Team - Includes STATEMENT 6 Oct by Inspector Steve Bentley - Page 1 Empty Well, I'm stupid

Post by tigger 03.10.11 8:13

aiyoyo wrote:The offerers probably did that as gesture only to advance or promote their names and did not expect to spend the money for they probably knew Maddie will never be found. It was just a symbolic gesture and nothing else cause you dont see them offering reward for other missing child do you?

I overlooked the fact that advertising these offers wouldn't exactly make people donate to the Fund, would it?
The McCanns must have been really cheesed off, not getting their hands on the money. Branson is a businessman, too canny to donate. Now he looks good, free advertising for him and not a penny spent. Well done!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 03.10.11 19:59

SY Review Team - Includes STATEMENT 6 Oct by Inspector Steve Bentley - Page 1 Nsy
SY Review Team - Includes STATEMENT 6 Oct by Inspector Steve Bentley - Page 1 Bps
SY Review Team - Includes STATEMENT 6 Oct by Inspector Steve Bentley - Page 1 Dossier

More to come....
Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41061

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 03.10.11 20:52

Thanks for posting the pictures, Jilly SY Review Team - Includes STATEMENT 6 Oct by Inspector Steve Bentley - Page 1 3711883763

Tony, I hope things went really well for you today, and that you achieved a great deal during your visit to NSY. Thank you on behalf of those of us that are longing for this epic façade to be exposed and the perpetrators brought to justice. I am looking forward to reading a report on the day's events, when you have the time to submit one. SY Review Team - Includes STATEMENT 6 Oct by Inspector Steve Bentley - Page 1 636911712

In my opinion you are a hero. Thanks again! SY Review Team - Includes STATEMENT 6 Oct by Inspector Steve Bentley - Page 1 444319
pennylane

Activity : 4406

Back to top Go down

SY Review Team - Includes STATEMENT 6 Oct by Inspector Steve Bentley - Page 1 Empty A report on today's visit to the Scotland Yard Review Team at Belgravia Police Station

Post by Tony Bennett 03.10.11 21:14

A visit by The Madeleine Foundation
to Operation Grange at Belgravia Police Station
to mark Goncalo Amaral Day 2011

Last year The Madeleine Foundation marked Goncalo Amaral Day (2 October) by handing in a petition at No. 10 Downing Street calling on Prime Minister David Cameron to set up a full public enquiry, with the power to summon witnesses, into all aspects of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. We still believe that one day, something like that will be needed. At the moment our petition calling for the public enquiry has attracted 880 signatures.

In the event, the Prime Minister did something very different. On 12 May 2011, on the very day that Dr Kate McCann published her book, ‘madeleine’, David Cameron announced that he was setting up a £3.5 million review by Scotland Yard into Madeleine’s disappearance. The purpose of this, he said, and we quote, was not to get to the truth, but ‘to support the family’. That review, it is now known, is called ‘Operation Grange’.

The Madeleine Foundation has taken the view that, given that several senior Metropolitan Police detectives are engaged on what purports to be a comprehensive review of the evidence, it is important that we (and anyone else who is in a position to do so) submit any evidence to that review that may point the Review Team towards the indications that Madeleine McCann died in her parents’ apartment and that there has been a cover-up of that fact.

Accordingly, on 24 August, following two earlier letters dated 11 & 21 July, we sent by recorded delivery post to the Senior Investigating Officer, Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood, a lengthy dossier of evidence, together with several enclosures. Our dossier also included information relating to a source within the McCann Team who had disclosed evidence to us which suggested that the main purpose of the McCann Team’s private investigations may not have been to find Madeleine. We did not disclose that person’s identity.

We thought that an appropriate way to mark Goncalo Amaral Day this year was to seek to deliver more evidence, this time in person, to a member of Operation Grange. One of the team, Detective Inspector Tim Dobson, kindly agreed a couple of weeks back to receive the dossier in person.

Accordingly, and by arrangement, the dossier was formally handed in to him at around 12.35pm today.

It took a little while before we could see him. Only one person was on the front desk, a man of Middle Eastern or Mediterranean appearance who was busy filling in a car accident insurance form in quadruplicate for someone, and was intent on completing the task before looking up at the queue in front of him. After several minutes, I asked if he could let D.I. Dobson know we were here.

He still wanted more time to complete his form, which he did. I then asked him again if I could speak to D.I. Dobson or D.C.I. Redwood, and he said he’d never heard of them. I said they were from ‘Operation Grange’. “Never heard of them”, was his reply. Eventually he summoned a colleague of southern Asian appearance, and after a further wait of about 10 minutes, D.I. Dobson appeared and showed myself and a fellow Madeleine Foundation Committee member into a small interview room.

D.I. Dobson was polite and correct throughout. We were allowed time to explain briefly what was in the dossier (see below). A covering letter was attached to the dossier, which he scanned. We had time to raise one or two questions. One point he emphasised very strongly was that, and I quote: “This is a review, not an investigation”.

The difference, I think, can be summarised thus: “A review is a look at the evidence to see if there should be a formal re-investigation”.

Asked if the review could pursue specific lines of investigation or, for example, interview people of interest, he stuck to the script and said: “This is only a review”, adding that: “Any lines of enquiry will be incorporated in the final recommendations we will be making to the Portuguese Police”. I said: “But presumably you will not only be reporting to the Portuguese Police, but also to those who commissioned this report?” He said: “Oh yes, to them as well, of course”.

We asked who was the current co-ordinator of the Portuguese Police investigation, and he said: “I don’t actually know, but even if I did know, I wouldn’t tell you”. My colleague queried this, to which he replied: “Actually, I don’t know her name, but I can tell you that it’s a woman”.

At that point, the ’phone in the interview room rang. D.I. Dobson said: “I’m sorry, I’m being called upstairs on something urgent, I’ll have to close this now”.

And away we went.

We are not going to disclose the contents of the dossier nor of the covering letter, but we can say that it included a great deal of detail about the actions of the following individuals:

* Brian Kennedy

* Francisco Marco, boss of Metodo 3

* Antonio Jimenez/Gimenez, employed as the chief detective for Metodo 3 and Brian Kennedy during 2007 and 2008. Jimenez/Gimenez is now in prison for corruption and theft of £25 million of cocaine, offences committed whilst he was a top (but corrupt) police officer in Barcelona

* Marcos Aragao Correia, a lawyer from Madeira

* Francisco Pagarate

* Edward Smethurst, the McCanns’ co-ordinating lawyer

* Kevin Halligen, who has been in custody facing serious fraud charges for nearly two years

* Dave Edgar, the current ‘senior private investigator’ for Brian Kennedy and the McCann Team

* Those who created the shell company, ALPHAIG.

Finally, we hereby once again put on record our thanks to D.C.I. Redwood for agreeing to receive the material and, as we have said before, and no doubt will again, insofar as this Scotland yard Review Team is a genuine search for the truth, we wish them well and every success.

The Madeleine Foundation
9pm
Monday 3 October 2011
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.10.11 21:55

Thanks for the info Tony. Well done to you. clapping They all seem to be a bit vague as to who's who, and what's what, but I hope they will look at all your evidence, and the evidence in the files, and get this investigation re-opened and moving again. Thank you to you and the researchers for all the hard work you have put in thanks clapping1

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie 03.10.11 22:00

Tony...SY Review Team - Includes STATEMENT 6 Oct by Inspector Steve Bentley - Page 1 351181
Ollie

Activity : 279

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.10.11 10:04

bravo Tony and the rest of your team, for taking the mountain to mohammed. :fingerscrossed
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavier 04.10.11 10:35

I am not sure about this. Sorry to be a wet blanket but this is absolutely disgraceful.

First of all Mr Bennet was kept waiting by front desk staff, and then he only had a short interview with DI Dobson, interrupted by a phone call. Which sounds to me like a dubious ploy to cut the interview short. In short Mr Bennet was given the brush off.

Do these people not know how important and influential Mr Bennet and the Madeleine Foundation is? And that Mr Bennet is a solicitor? And how many people signed their petition? And how many supporters they have?

One thing that puzzles me. Surely New Scotland Yard would have more than one person on the front desk?
Xavier

Activity : 130

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 04.10.11 11:01

Xavier wrote:I am not sure about this. Sorry to be a wet blanket but this is absolutely disgraceful.

First of all Mr Bennett was kept waiting by front desk staff...

This is a local police station, NOT Scotland Yard HQ, which is about a mile away on Victoria Street. Operation Grange is based in offices within that building; as is clear from my account, the front desk officer had no knowledge of their existence. Anyone who has had dealings with police station front desks will know that these are a notoriously weak aspect of modern policing. Sometimes you are lucky even to see a person on the front desk at all; you may be confronted by a buzzer and even then it is not uncommon for police to take several minutes to appear. It is also very common for police officers to be engaged on front desks completing a variety of incident forms, sometimes for crime recording purposes, at other times merely to assist a person in making an insurance claim. They generally do not want to be interrupted whilst completing them.

...and then he only had a short interview with DI Dobson,

We have absolutely no complaints about DI Dobson having a short interview with us; indeed he went beyond what was strictly necessary by taking us into an interview room and having a short chat. He could simply and politely received our dossier and covering letter, and said 'Thank you and goodbye'. He did more than that, and for that we are grateful.

interrupted by a phone call. Which sounds to me like a dubious ploy to cut the interview short.

Who knows?

In short Mr Bennett was given the brush off.

We disagree. We arranged the hand-over of the dossier in advance, we met DI Dobson, and we had a short chat including questions about the review process. If it were a 'brush-off', DI Dobson could (a) have refused permission for us to hand over the dossier in person and (b) refused to have a chat with us.

Do these people not know how important and influential Mr Bennett and the Madeleine Foundation is?

Hmmm. We are neither important nor influential, indeed certain sections of the media seem to regard as 'sickos'. However, we have amassed a considerable volume of evidence dealing in particular with numerous contradictions among the statements of the McCanns and the 'Tapas 7' and to that we have added detailed research into the activities of those connected with the McCann Team's private investigations which we say reveals many significant indications. Under standard police policies, guidelines and procedures, a senior police officer MUST evaluate the significance of what we have now (on two separate occasions) provided by way of evidence - and any report and recommendations made in D.C.I. Redwood's final report will need to include an evaluation of the significance of the information supplied - and as to whether or not it might lead to new lines of enquiry being opened into possible criminal acts by anyone or even to a full re-investigation, either in Portugal, or in the U.K., or both.

And that Mr Bennett is a solicitor?

I practised as a Solicitor only between September 1993 and November 1999.

And how many people signed their petition?

880 so far, not hugely impressive, but 880 better than none.

And how many supporters they have?

Depends how you define 'supporters'.

One thing that puzzles me. Surely New Scotland Yard would have more than one person on the front desk?

No. see above.
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavier 04.10.11 13:22

Oh I see. Thank you very much Mr Bennett. I got the impression that you presented it at Scotland Yard from the photograph of you under the iconic sign. My mistake.

But are they treating the Madeleine Foundation with the respect it deserves?
Xavier

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 04.10.11 14:02

xavier

your tail is showing.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.10.11 14:04

Aiyoyo: you've got there before me with that observation!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavier 04.10.11 14:30

aiyoyo wrote:xavier

your tail is showing.

I am sorry. I don't understand.
Xavier

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 04.10.11 14:55

Hello Tony, :bye:

Thank you for reporting on yesterday's achievements and your meeting with DI Dobson at Belgravia Police Station. Well done to you and anyone who helped bring this meeting together. I hope that the information contained in your dossier is given the respect it deserves. yes

I'm afraid my own feeling is that the 'Review' is a big hoax, just like the abduction... a shady end to a horrid crime!

RIP Madeleine roses
pennylane

Activity : 4406

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie 04.10.11 15:41

If this review turns out to be a whitewash or hoax then DC will be accountable considering the millions it is costing. I know there are police of the highest integrity and so hope this review will not be a whitewash.
Ollie

Activity : 279

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheshire Cat 04.10.11 15:47

Xavier wrote:
aiyoyo wrote:xavier

your tail is showing.

I am sorry. I don't understand.

I understand, so does GA, so does my cat.

Well done Tony.

I expect to live at least another 50 years and I will wait that long for the truth if I have to!
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 821

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepixie 04.10.11 15:48

I would just like to say well done Tony and the MF for taking the trouble to present your information in person. Whether the review is a hoax or not remains to be seen, but at least there is a record of the Police having received the information.

I know there are others who have sent their info to the SY and as Tony has already said anyone who has information should send it to the investigation and let the Police decide if it is relevant or not.

You never know, contained in that information may be that "one missing piece of the jigsaw" that helps solve this case.
littlepixie
littlepixie

Activity : 1392

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 04.10.11 16:03

littlepixie wrote:You never know, contained in that information may be that "one missing piece of the jigsaw" that helps solve this case.

Indeed, littlepixie...you would think the pro's would be delighted with any effort to try to help Maddie, yet all they do is laugh and poke fun. I wonder what evidence they've submitted to the Review Team?

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Activity : 41061

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 04.10.11 16:33

Get 'em Gonçalo wrote:Indeed, littlepixie...you would think the pro's would be delighted with any effort to try to help Maddie, yet all they do is laugh and poke fun. I wonder what evidence they've submitted to the Review Team?
Evidence of the Abduction, of course.
Which means - nil.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy 04.10.11 19:52

I've already made my feelings clear about what I think of 'the review', so keeping it positive, I'll just say much respect to Tony and Team for at least trying to expose and challenge the corruption that this case is riddled with.

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" (atrributed to) Edmund Burke

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

― Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy
Daisy

Activity : 1312

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top