The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

murat - Further Analysis of the Last Photo - Page 43 Mm11

murat - Further Analysis of the Last Photo - Page 43 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

murat - Further Analysis of the Last Photo - Page 43 Mm11

murat - Further Analysis of the Last Photo - Page 43 Regist10

Further Analysis of the Last Photo

Page 42 of 43 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

murat - Further Analysis of the Last Photo - Page 43 Empty Re: Further Analysis of the Last Photo

Post by j.rob 09.11.14 21:47

When on the night of 3rd May, at about 24.00, she was at her desk at the Tapas bar, inside the resort, when at a certain time, one of the friends of the McCann couple, Russell, asked for a USB memory stick reader, in order to print photographs of Madeleine. Immediately the deponent replied that she did not have an USB reader, but that she had a printer with this hardware, which could read from memory sticks.

She went to her room and returned to the Tapas with the printer where 
she printed out 20 to 30 photographs of the girl, using her own paper, in 10x15 format mentioned previously. The memory stick containing the photos belonged to the McCann couple, and came from their camera.

She thinks that all of this took place at about 24.00 on 3rd May 2007. She presumes that she handed all of the photos to Russell, who distributed some to those present, the rest would be for the police authorities.

As regards her printer, she says that it is no longer in her possession as it is now with her boyfriend in France, she says, after consultation, and in accordance with her previous statements, that 
is was a 'Kodak', model Easy Share G60, of thermal ink transfer, with continuous tonality.

In annex, is documentation about the printer, describing its technical characteristics, which she recognises as being identical to her printer.
---------

Amy maybe a little bit of a 'hot potato' in this case? 

Still, it would be completely in keeping with TM's modus operandi that they would deliberately target young/naive/ impressionable/gullible/corrupt people into their rather unpleasant spiders' webs, imo!

(Brenda's tweets seemed to be starting to focus on the role of the nanny Amy......?)

I guess it would not have been that difficult to track down Amy's boyfriend in France and The Computer.....would it?

You know - given that this case has cost the UK tax-payer £££££ - I mean, the ferry over to France and a chat with the alleged boyfriend of a nanny and a little look at a computer......how much money might that have 'saved' the UK tax-payer? Money that could have been spent on much more useful things than covering up a simply ridiculous HOAX 

What a load of old  shit happens this case is.......grrrrrrr.....
j.rob

Activity : 2511

Back to top Go down

murat - Further Analysis of the Last Photo - Page 43 Empty Re: Further Analysis of the Last Photo

Post by juliet 09.11.14 21:54

Brenda Leyland was tweeting about (to?) Amy Tierney in her last weeks I understand. I think the story was that the printer had been stolen in France.
juliet
juliet

Activity : 609

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 09.11.14 22:14

Stillthinking wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:
Stillthinking wrote:
Tony, I prefer my definition of common sense and logic to yours. You regularly make simple errors based on a lack of either. 
@ Stillthinking - That's quite a serious accusation from a fellow-poster and arguably in breach of forum rules.

Please either withdraw that claim now

OR

proivde one clear example of 'a simple error based on a lack of either common sense or logic'

REPLY: Thank you for your response.

So you're allowed to criticise my logic and common sense but I'm not allowed to do the same back to you?  If I've broken forum rules then so have you.

REPLY: Actually, crticising your logic in one particular post is quite different from your claim, which was: 'regularly makes simple errors based on a lack of common sense or logic.

People, in glass houses... (and let's not mention the sly asides you and others have made about me on the forum, surely they are "arguably in breach of forum rules"?)

REPLY: I don't know how many 'sly asides' I'm supposed to have made about you, but - yes - a sly, snidey or sarcastic post can equally be attacking another poster. Though a lot may depend on whether the sarcasm was justified...it often has been, if you look at some of those who were cleared out in August

Ok, as requested, the latest examples of you making simple errors:

Declaring that a news article meant Brenda had been sent to a hotel rather than the logical explanation that the police officer had.
Thinking another poster was saying it didn't matter if a photo date had been altered, when it was obvious they were saying  the opposite.

REPLY: Two examples of misunderstanding things, both of which I would suggest were not put entirely clearly in the first place - so, NOT examples of 'simple errors based on a lack of common sense or logic'   

Then, of course there's the infamous one... nobody with any common sense would have leafleted the small village where the McCanns lived.

REPLY: An error of judgment, perhaps, but not of 'lack of common sense or logic'.

AND...one thing stuck in my mind from your previous posts. That was where you wrote, quote:

"I don't rule out abduction completely.."

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 09.11.14 22:29

Stillthinking wrote:
As for your final sentence, please do share why I'm here. Of course you could just ask me and I'd explain that I'm here because the case intrigues me. I hadn't posted about it for years. I was looking for a similar forum to the one I used to post on, where points could be discussed rationally, even if not everybody agreed. I thought I'd found such a forum here, but from the minute I joined and expressed a differing point of view I've had certain members, you and Tony included, making little snide comments about me. If you treat all people with differing opinions like that I guess not many stick around and instead you have a forum with everybody reinforcing each other's views, no matter how fantastical they are, instead of challenging them. Such a shame!
Your post was addressed to plebgate, but I will just comment on the bolded bit above.

This forum has absolutely no track record of 'everybody reinforcing each other's views'.

Look for example at the 'Smithman' debates - plenty of views on all sides, and polls which show that opinion is divided.

Similarly, the important 'Last Photo' debate - different views, strongly expressed. And questionable views and statements being strongly challenged. That's the way it should be. 

One thing that unites nearly everybody on this forum is a desire to 'solve', or see found, the puzzle of what really happened to Madeleine McCann.

Those that come here for that reason have a range of different views and theories, which is fine, depending on the extent to which they are evidenced. 

But we have had a string of people over the years on here who can be described variously as disruptors, people who use diversion tactics, jokers, trolls and time-wasters.

We don't want any of those on here.

The numbers visiting here daily are a testament to the forum's success - and people don't read here just to get the same old ideas and theories.

You are welcome to post your ideas here if you can justify them. Speaking personally, I am not sure that you have come on here to help solve the mystery of what really happened to Madeleine.

I invite you to prove me wrong

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 09.11.14 22:37

juliet wrote:Sally, wasn't this from a statement in 2008? Didn't you find an earlier statement which didn't say anything about photos but went on about going to the apartment? (Forgive me if I am wrong).

Correct, Juliet. I found that rather puzzling, but there could be a perfectly good reason why that is the case. nails
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by Stillthinking 09.11.14 23:36

Tony Bennett wrote:
Stillthinking wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:
Stillthinking wrote:
Tony, I prefer my definition of common sense and logic to yours. You regularly make simple errors based on a lack of either. 
@ Stillthinking - That's quite a serious accusation from a fellow-poster and arguably in breach of forum rules.

Please either withdraw that claim now

OR

proivde one clear example of 'a simple error based on a lack of either common sense or logic'

REPLY: Thank you for your response.

So you're allowed to criticise my logic and common sense but I'm not allowed to do the same back to you?  If I've broken forum rules then so have you.

REPLY: Actually, crticising your logic in one particular post is quite different from your claim, which was: 'regularly makes simple errors based on a lack of common sense or logic.

People, in glass houses... (and let's not mention the sly asides you and others have made about me on the forum, surely they are "arguably in breach of forum rules"?)

REPLY: I don't know how many 'sly asides' I'm supposed to have made about you, but - yes - a sly, snidey or sarcastic post can equally be attacking another poster. Though a lot may depend on whether the sarcasm was justified...it often has been, if you look at some of those who were cleared out in August

Ok, as requested, the latest examples of you making simple errors:

Declaring that a news article meant Brenda had been sent to a hotel rather than the logical explanation that the police officer had.
Thinking another poster was saying it didn't matter if a photo date had been altered, when it was obvious they were saying  the opposite.

REPLY: Two examples of misunderstanding things, both of which I would suggest were not put entirely clearly in the first place - so, NOT examples of 'simple errors based on a lack of common sense or logic'   

Then, of course there's the infamous one... nobody with any common sense would have leafleted the small village where the McCanns lived.

REPLY: An error of judgment, perhaps, but not of 'lack of common sense or logic'.

AND...one thing stuck in my mind from your previous posts. That was where you wrote, quote:

"I don't rule out abduction completely.."
Actually my full post had said something like...I thought accidental death followed by a cover up by panicked parents was the most likely explanation of what had happened. I then added that I didn't rule out abduction completely but would be shocked if it turned out to be what had happened. I also gave the dogs findings and Kate's refusal to answer questions as the reasons I had come to that conclusion. I know I've also posted that I think the chances of it being an abduction are remote. Interesting that the only part you remember is me saying that I don't completely rule out abduction. Is that alone reason enough for people(including you) to be suspicious of me?

Now we've both criticised each other's logic and/or common sense and you and others have made digs at me. I wasn't here in August and have no idea who was cleared out  or whether the clear out was justified. But directing questions about me to everyone but me, eg "I wonder if stillthinking..." or WTTE stinks of schoolyard bullying tactics, trying to create an "us and them" situation, where one person is singled out and everyone else is encouraged to pile in. (If you wonder what I think about something , ask me directly) 
Same with the comments, (speaking generally here) hinting at people having agendas or implying that people have posted under a different ID or that they're trying to stop discussion of something because it's close to the truth. I've only been here  a short time and have experienced all of those things directed at me. It's just tiresome more than anything and if that's how others have been treated in the past when they dare to disagree, then it's a real shame. Maybe my expectations of the forum were too high.
Stillthinking

Activity : 155

Back to top Go down

Post by Stillthinking 09.11.14 23:53

Tony Bennett wrote:
Stillthinking wrote:
As for your final sentence, please do share why I'm here. Of course you could just ask me and I'd explain that I'm here because the case intrigues me. I hadn't posted about it for years. I was looking for a similar forum to the one I used to post on, where points could be discussed rationally, even if not everybody agreed. I thought I'd found such a forum here, but from the minute I joined and expressed a differing point of view I've had certain members, you and Tony included, making little snide comments about me. If you treat all people with differing opinions like that I guess not many stick around and instead you have a forum with everybody reinforcing each other's views, no matter how fantastical they are, instead of challenging them. Such a shame!
Your post was addressed to plebgate, but I will just comment on the bolded bit above.

This forum has absolutely no track record of 'everybody reinforcing each other's views'.

Look for example at the 'Smithman' debates - plenty of views on all sides, and polls which show that opinion is divided.

Similarly, the important 'Last Photo' debate - different views, strongly expressed. And questionable views and statements being strongly challenged. That's the way it should be. 

One thing that unites nearly everybody on this forum is a desire to 'solve', or see found, the puzzle of what really happened to Madeleine McCann.

Those that come here for that reason have a range of different views and theories, which is fine, depending on the extent to which they are evidenced. 

But we have had a string of people over the years on here who can be described variously as disruptors, people who use diversion tactics, jokers, trolls and time-wasters.

We don't want any of those on here.

The numbers visiting here daily are a testament to the forum's success - and people don't read here just to get the same old ideas and theories.

You are welcome to post your ideas here if you can justify them. Speaking personally, I am not sure that you have come on here to help solve the mystery of what really happened to Madeleine.

I invite you to prove me wrong
Then why do you think I am here?

You may think you welcome all theories but I've given examples in my last post of what I've witnessed and experienced personally on here and I doubt I'd have got that reaction had I arrived saying I agreed that Madeleine was dead before the 3rd, that the last photo was dodgy and the creche records had been faked. I'm seeing similar things directed at atomicpeanut for having an unpopular view.

I realise that I am in a different position to others in that I've had a long break from discussing the case, and so to me the changes that have taken place in beliefs over that period of time are startling. To use the boiling frogs metaphor.. I feel like I'm the frog that has just been dropped into a pan of boiling water, and jumped out in shock thinking WTF? whereas the pan is full of other frogs who started off in a pan of nice cool water that was heated up gradually to boiling point, without them noticing.
Stillthinking

Activity : 155

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique 10.11.14 3:42

"When on the night of 3rd May, at about 24.00, she was at her desk at the Tapas bar, inside the resort, when at a certain time, one of the friends of the McCann couple, Russell, asked for a USB memory stick reader, in order to print photographs of Madeleine. Immediately the deponent replied that she did not have an USB reader, but that she had a printer with this hardware, which could read from memory sticks."

I am no whiz kid regarding memory "cards" from cameras or USB sticks - but cards are shoved into a lap top and sticks into a desk computer. I recall that memory "cards" did need an "adaptor" to read when inserted into a lap top which could then print off to a printer or load onto a USB stick. But memory cards and USB sticks are two entirely different things.

I recall vaguely having read a discussion about this before.

Is the confusion deliberate?

Activity : 1460

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexBG 10.11.14 17:20

I don't mean to butt in here or anything, but even if the last photo were faked and/or taken on a different day, it isn't necessarily proof of anything. It may simply have been done to boost levels of publicity for the case (and donations) weeks after the incident. I think both 'pro' and 'anti' camps would agree that the McCs wanted lots of publicity.

If you ask me, the McCs knew they were almost entirely immune from prosecution from day one; they didn't feel vulnerable enough to bother creating fake photos. Besides, their in-group pact buddy had already provided the alibi they needed with regard to Madeleine having been present and alive that afternoon.

All just my opinion.
AlexBG

Activity : 96

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 10.11.14 18:20

You can butt in anytime,Alex - everyone else does big grin

If, as many suspect, the 'Last Photo' was shown to be photoshopped or taken on a different day, it would give the lie to any claim that this particular photographic image can serve as proof that Madeleine was alive and well and dipping her toes into the icy cold pool alongside her father and sister at some time on the afternoon of Thursday 3 May 2007.

While the McCanns appeared to rapidly become confident that they would not be prosecuted, if you study footage of their first appearance in front of the worldwide press on the evening of Friday 4 May 2007 you will see 2 rabbits a couple caught in the headlights with long practised public speaker Gerry almost stumbling over his words while reading from a script, while his spouse looked for all the world as if she was expecting to feel the hand of a PJ officer on her shoulder at any minute.   .
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.11.14 22:09

Angelique wrote:"When on the night of 3rd May, at about 24.00, she was at her desk at the Tapas bar, inside the resort, when at a certain time, one of the friends of the McCann couple, Russell, asked for a USB memory stick reader, in order to print photographs of Madeleine. Immediately the deponent replied that she did not have an USB reader, but that she had a printer with this hardware, which could read from memory sticks."

I am no whiz kid regarding memory "cards" from cameras or USB sticks - but cards are shoved into a lap top and sticks into a desk computer. I recall that memory "cards" did need an "adaptor" to read when inserted into a lap top which could then print off to a printer or load onto a USB stick. But memory cards and USB sticks are two entirely different things.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It has been discussed before, Angelique, on the above thread, and at least one other, which I can't find.

You are right, the photos must have been on a memory stick, as the Kodak printer Amy used had a USB port which would take a stick, but no slot for a camera's memory card. It is not compatible for printing images from any other make of camera by either that camera's memory card nor by direct docking. Only a Kodak camera can dock directly onto that printer model.

So the only way that printer could have produced that image is if it was stored on a memory stick.

Which means that, in all the kerfuffle that night, they found the time and equipment to download from the Canon to the memory stick, or they had a pre-prepared stick with that photo already loaded. Why would you take an old stick with an old photo on it on holiday with you?

And if the picture was downloaded that night onto the stick from the camera, is it likely that such an old photo would still be stored on the camera's images? How many images could be stored on the Canon's memory, does anyone know?

Just questions and musings.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by rustyjames 10.11.14 22:39

Dee Coy wrote:
Angelique wrote:"When on the night of 3rd May, at about 24.00, she was at her desk at the Tapas bar, inside the resort, when at a certain time, one of the friends of the McCann couple, Russell, asked for a USB memory stick reader, in order to print photographs of Madeleine. Immediately the deponent replied that she did not have an USB reader, but that she had a printer with this hardware, which could read from memory sticks."

It has been discussed before, Angelique, on the above thread, and at least one other, which I can't find.

You are right, the photos must have been on a memory stick, as the Kodak printer Amy used had a USB port which would take a stick, but no slot for a camera's memory card. It is not compatible for printing images from any other make of camera by either that camera's memory card nor by direct docking. Only a Kodak camera can dock directly onto that printer model.

So the only way that printer could have produced that image is if it was stored on a memory stick.

Which means that, in all the kerfuffle that night, they found the time and equipment to download from the Canon to the memory stick, or they had a pre-prepared stick with that photo already loaded. Why would you take an old stick with an old photo on it on holiday with you?

And if the picture was downloaded that night onto the stick from the camera, is it likely that such an old photo would still be stored on the camera's images? How many images could be stored on the Canon's memory, does anyone know?

Just questions and musings.

This thread seems to have gone completely off topic, however just to correct a few things above...

From here - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ...

it seems there was the following  "* You can also print directly from any digital camera with PictBridge capability, or from most popular memory cards when using the optional KODAK 8-in-1 Card Reader or KODAK 6-in-1 Card Reader."

It would be interesting to know if she had such a card reader, (or whether other unsupported card readers would work in the USB slot).

The Canon was pictbridge compatible but the Olympus wasn't.

With regard to the Canon, recent discussion has suggested it was never analysed so the capacity would be down to the unknown memory card size within it.  The Olympus pair of memory cards were analaysed they had 43 pictures and 73 deleted but recovered pictures.
rustyjames

Activity : 314

Back to top Go down

Post by rustyjames 10.11.14 22:41

The manual for the photodock is here - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It states a 60 second print speed, so that is 20 to 30 minutes of continuous printing.
rustyjames

Activity : 314

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.11.14 23:08

Thanks rustyjames.

I was taking my info from here:

....which keeps things simple for thicko technophobes like me.

The review says there's no memory card slot so I took it as read that meant docking a Kodak camera or a memory stick were the only options. It does mention the Pictbridge thing. What is that?

Anyhow, it's probably all academic as Russell claims he had a memory stick. Which was why he was asking for a printer with a USB port. Which again begs the question: Was the picture downloaded onto the memory stick that night,  or did they just happen to have it with them on holiday?

(Hope this is reasonably on topic, as if it is found this picture was downloaded from the camera that night, why couldn't they have done likewise for the Last Photo and the others? Why the trip to England for the Olympus and the delays for the Last Photo and other the Canon photos?)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.03.22 23:12

I don't know anything about photoshopping but I don't know how you can remove Amelie and Gerry's elbow and still leave the brick wall intact.
This is fairly standard; a cloning tool was used to copy a fragment of the wall over where the intruding arm was.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 16.03.22 0:38

chickenman wrote:

I don't know anything about photoshopping but I don't know how you can remove Amelie and Gerry's elbow and still leave the brick wall intact.
This is fairly standard; a cloning tool was used to copy a fragment of the wall over where the intruding arm was.

Can I please ask again that you don't resurrect old defunct threads without good reason.

If you need any help navigating the forum then feel free to ask, I am at your service.

Otherwise you can continue your comments about the photographic evidence, or lack of, here..

Or here on the other thread created by request..

Or here, a thread created for general discussion about photographs relevant to the case of missing Madeleine McCann..

It's no problem if you copy a quote over from an old defunct thread if deemed relevant to your commentary.

But before proceeding, may I suggest you re-read the following to re-acquaint yourself with how research has progressed beyond the naive..

hat

Thread locked moderator .

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 42327

Back to top Go down

Page 42 of 43 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top