The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

KATE McCann

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: KATE McCann

Post by Gillyspot on 22.09.11 15:34

I did notice in the recent German interview that they didn't appear to be holding hands and Kate didn't have her "good quality wristband" on show either. Is that a first?
avatar
Gillyspot

Posts : 1470
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2011-06-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

re kate med records

Post by russiandoll on 07.10.11 14:52

i wonder if in her med notes there is any ref to post natal depression. given way babies conceived in what she states was a clinical way not in intimacy of spontaneous lovemaking........if there has been a lack of maternal bonding due to this.she has come over from the start as flat and robotic in her way of speaking.not been a well woman psychologically for a time imo given all i have seen heard and read.
avatar
russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

You're spot on there!

Post by tigger on 07.10.11 17:31

@russiandoll wrote:i wonder if in her med notes there is any ref to post natal depression. given way babies conceived in what she states was a clinical way not in intimacy of spontaneous lovemaking........if there has been a lack of maternal bonding due to this.she has come over from the start as flat and robotic in her way of speaking.not been a well woman psychologically for a time imo given all i have seen heard and read.

I wouldn't think the marriage is doing all that well either. Possibly not from almost the beginning. Gerry strikes me as (youngest of family) putting himself first, Kate hasn't a clue on how to be a mother. There is a symbiotic relationship between them, but a spark? Never, that must have gone years ago.
One feels almost sorry for Kate, she looks like a woman on the edge of a major breakdown. My theory in the beginning was that she'd been taking tranquilisers to get through some of the interviews. In some interviews such as the 'Whoosh, clunk' one she seems either drunk or drugged.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
avatar
tigger

Posts : 8114
Reputation : 48
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Re: KATE McCann

Post by Daisy on 07.10.11 18:29

@tigger wrote:My theory in the beginning was that she'd been taking tranquilisers to get through some of the interviews. In some interviews such as the 'Whoosh, clunk' one she seems either drunk or drugged.

I agree with this bit tigger. I see someone heavily medicated to get through an ordeal, more obvious in those early interviews. One could argue that any parent going through such an ordeal would be offered some kind of sedation, I understand that this is normal procedure in such circumstances? But the McCanns have never admitted to this, in fact they went for the opposite approach - fitness fanatics keeping up their running and tennis and of couse their 'faith'.

Personally, I don't think Kate seeks the limelight as much as Gerry does.

____________________
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”   

Unknown


“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche
avatar
Daisy

Posts : 1245
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Yorkshire, England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KATE McCann

Post by rainbow-fairy on 21.10.11 20:32

Just had to add my thoughts here. IMHO, if there is any 'abuse' or 'control' between Kate and Gerry, then it is KATE who is the instigator, and Gerry the 'enabler'. Back in the early days he seemed overly protective of Kate, IMO because she was (is) psychologically unstable. Men who suffer domestic abuse often act like this.
Kate, I think, has all the maternal instincts of a plank of wood. Her washing of CuddleCat told me a lot, especially if Maddie REALLY had been abducted!
I think they are both unpleasant creatures, they deserve each other. It's the poor kids I feel sorry for.

____________________
"Ask the dogs, Sandra" - Gerry McCann to Sandra Felgueiras



Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.
avatar
rainbow-fairy

Posts : 1971
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2011-05-26
Age : 43
Location : going round in circles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Unholy matrimony.

Post by tigger on 21.10.11 21:00

@rainbow-fairy wrote:Just had to add my thoughts here. IMHO, if there is any 'abuse' or 'control' between Kate and Gerry, then it is KATE who is the instigator, and Gerry the 'enabler'. Back in the early days he seemed overly protective of Kate, IMO because she was (is) psychologically unstable. Men who suffer domestic abuse often act like this.
snipped.

Or, as one Malapropism has it, 'mattress money'. There was some protectiveness on the part of Gerry at times, but he took the lead answering questions or rather refusing to as about Murat.
Kate seems perfectly happy when she is acting, flapping her hands and arms about, but less so sitting still answering questions.
On a few occasions I've seen him look at her as if she's an unexploded bomb. He might be right. Actually, they are hardly inter-acting anymore. Wallace and Gromit answering the same questions all the time, it seems to be wearing both of them down. Me as well.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
avatar
tigger

Posts : 8114
Reputation : 48
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Re: KATE McCann

Post by rainbow-fairy on 21.10.11 21:33

@tigger wrote:
@rainbow-fairy wrote:Just had to add my thoughts here. IMHO, if there is any 'abuse' or 'control' between Kate and Gerry, then it is KATE who is the instigator, and Gerry the 'enabler'. Back in the early days he seemed overly protective of Kate, IMO because she was (is) psychologically unstable. Men who suffer domestic abuse often act like this.
snipped.

Or, as one Malapropism has it, 'mattress money'. There was some protectiveness on the part of Gerry at times, but he took the lead answering questions or rather refusing to as about Murat.
Kate seems perfectly happy when she is acting, flapping her hands and arms about, but less so sitting still answering questions.
On a few occasions I've seen him look at her as if she's an unexploded bomb. He might be right. Actually, they are hardly inter-acting anymore. Wallace and Gromit answering the same questions all the time, it seems to be wearing both of them down. Me as well.
And me too! :)
Have to say, your Wallace and Gromit made me chuckle. ~ but which is which?!? I think Kate is a bit like Pie-ella Bakewell (the Bake-lite Girl) in 'A Matter of Loaf and Death' ( a skinny version!). She was a mad nutjob also!

____________________
"Ask the dogs, Sandra" - Gerry McCann to Sandra Felgueiras



Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.
avatar
rainbow-fairy

Posts : 1971
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2011-05-26
Age : 43
Location : going round in circles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KATE McCann

Post by guest. on 03.11.11 23:11

I have always thought Kate was emotionally manipulative, I feel there's a coldness to her but she's good at playing the victim.

Although Gerry is not an attractive character I think he did what he considered he had to do to protect his family. IMO at times along the way he forgot his original

reasons for doing the cover up and enjoyed the limelight and outsmarting the pj too much.

guest.

Posts : 322
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2011-08-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KATE McCann

Post by Tinkerbell81 on 04.11.11 12:05

@alfie02 wrote:Thank you JD i thought i was the only one, i think Kate being with the children even appears strange, she doesnt have the love for them she is protraying to have, she seems to have an awkwardness around them. Like for example the coach going to the holiday. And im using this based solely as a mother myself. When i took my children anywhere one was always on my lap and the other squashed up so close to me, they took it in turns, it seemed natural to me, but look at the coach journey, Kate is sitting next to the children, and you see her brushing one of the childrens hair with her hand, to me this is done for the camera, to give the illusion she is a good mother.Her body language is all wrong. No Kate is not the motherly type i dont think. Gerry gives the impression when he is around the children it would be hard to distinguish who is the bigger kid.And i think Kate despises him for that.

Stella wrote:I could never get to grips with the painting scene, sitting at the kitchen table in Rothley. I might have trouble explaining this, but it made me feel like she had never done this with them before. There was no encouragement in her words, no praise, no nothing. It was like it was a chore, she was bored with it and could not wait to get through it.

Are the videos of that still online?

____________________
Every truth passes through three stages before it is recognized.
In the first, it is ridiculed, in the second it is opposed, in the third it is regarded as self-evident.

Arthur Schopenhauer
avatar
Tinkerbell81

Posts : 90
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KATE McCann

Post by tigger on 07.06.12 6:11

I thought this of interest. From the article below I've selected the one I think is most applicable.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2155524/How-repair-toxic-legacy-bad-mother.html

Of great interest too is this topic: https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t2846-remarkable-children

There was also a topic on Kate's obsession with beautiful children but I can't find it for the moment.

NARCISSISTIC MOTHER
The definition of a ‘narcissist’ is a person who is totally self-involved. 
A mother with narcissistic tendencies will be largely unable to show the empathy that is so important to a healthy parent-child relationship, because she sees every request for attention by her child as competition.
Ego: A narcissistic mother craves attention and adoration
Tell her you’re tired, for example, and she’ll snap back: ‘Don’t talk to me about feeling tired. I’ve been hard at work all day. You don’t know what being really tired is.’
In her egotistical way, she also sees her offspring as a reflection of her; so her children must be outstanding in every aspect of their being to be ‘worthy’ of her.
It’s a bewildering and volatile situation, as any child of a narcissistic mother will be under constant pressure to be both subservient to his or her mother’s ego, yet expected to shine.
A narcissistic mother craves attention and adoration that comes from her own feelings of low self-worth. But no matter how hard you try to please her, you will live under a constant cloud of disdain, regardless of your efforts.
Narcissists have fragile relationships with others, too — as their overblown ego means they often take offence at the smallest imagined slight and will suddenly cut people out of their lives or punish them in some way for ‘insulting’ them.
Children in this situation often live with the fear that their relationship with their mother could break apart at any minute should they inadvertently offend her.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
avatar
tigger

Posts : 8114
Reputation : 48
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Re: KATE McCann

Post by rainbow-fairy on 07.06.12 8:35

@tigger wrote:I thought this of interest. From the article below I've selected the one I think is most applicable.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2155524/How-repair-toxic-legacy-bad-mother.html

Of great interest too is this topic: https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t2846-remarkable-children

There was also a topic on Kate's obsession with beautiful children but I can't find it for the moment.

NARCISSISTIC MOTHER
The definition of a ‘narcissist’ is a person who is totally self-involved. 
A mother with narcissistic tendencies will be largely unable to show the empathy that is so important to a healthy parent-child relationship, because she sees every request for attention by her child as competition.
Ego: A narcissistic mother craves attention and adoration
Tell her you’re tired, for example, and she’ll snap back: ‘Don’t talk to me about feeling tired. I’ve been hard at work all day. You don’t know what being really tired is.’
In her egotistical way, she also sees her offspring as a reflection of her; so her children must be outstanding in every aspect of their being to be ‘worthy’ of her.
It’s a bewildering and volatile situation, as any child of a narcissistic mother will be under constant pressure to be both subservient to his or her mother’s ego, yet expected to shine.
A narcissistic mother craves attention and adoration that comes from her own feelings of low self-worth. But no matter how hard you try to please her, you will live under a constant cloud of disdain, regardless of your efforts.
Narcissists have fragile relationships with others, too — as their overblown ego means they often take offence at the smallest imagined slight and will suddenly cut people out of their lives or punish them in some way for ‘insulting’ them.
Children in this situation often live with the fear that their relationship with their mother could break apart at any minute should they inadvertently offend her.
tigger, I have tears rolling as I write this, do u think u'd be able to dig up anything on narcissistic fathers? Reading that I think mine was - to keep topic O/T u can e-mail me, when u get a minute thx loads x

____________________
"Ask the dogs, Sandra" - Gerry McCann to Sandra Felgueiras



Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.
avatar
rainbow-fairy

Posts : 1971
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2011-05-26
Age : 43
Location : going round in circles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KATE McCann

Post by Guest on 07.06.12 18:27

There are plenty of reports about narcissistic fathers - here's just one as a starter.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_know_if_your_father_is_a_narcissist
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Sounds familiar...

Post by Mariita on 13.06.12 20:26

Just found a little piece of text describing how narcissists relate to money. As they feel they have special rights, kind of being above the law...Well money plays a big part in Madeleine´s disappearence right from the beginning IMO.

2.) Money and the Narcissist

Money stands for love in the narcissist's emotional vocabulary. Having been deprived of love early on in his childhood, the narcissist constantly seeks for love substitutes. To him, money is THE love substitute. All the qualities of the narcissist are manifest in his relationship with money, and in his attitude towards it. Due to his sense of entitlement - he feels that he is entitled to other people's money. His grandiosity leads him to believe that he should have, or does have more money than he actually has. This leads to reckless spending, to pathological gambling, to substance abuse, or to compulsive shopping. Their magical thinking leads narcissists to irresponsible and short-sighted behavior, the results of which they believe themselves to be immune from. So, they descend to debt, they commit financial crimes, they hassle people, including their closest relatives. Their fantasies lead them to believe in financial (fabricated) "facts" (achievements) - incommensurate with their talents, qualifications, jobs, and resources. They pretend to be richer than they are, or capable of becoming rich, if they so resolve. They have a love-hate ambivalent relationship with money. They are mean, stingy, and calculating with their own money - and spendthrift with OPM (other people's money). They live lavishly, well above their means. The often go bankrupt and ruin their businesses. Reality very rarely matches their grandiose fantasies. Nowhere is the grandiosity gap more evident than where money is involved.

From www.bpdfamily.com
avatar
Mariita

Posts : 127
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2012-04-15
Location : Sweden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KATE McCann

Post by tigger on 14.06.12 7:12

Thanks, that's an interesting article.
We do tend to forget her that we are not discussing average people here - I do know people like that - possibly this tendency and attitude to money is encouraged to the present day consumerism. I had a long discussion with a friend I've known for decades, she would love to be famous, I'd hate it. We were each totally perplexed by the others' opinion.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
avatar
tigger

Posts : 8114
Reputation : 48
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Re: KATE McCann

Post by anil39200 on 14.06.12 9:50

A fascinating and revealing article. Many years ago I worked in a situation where these type of people, narcissists were revered. They loved it . Manipulations, attention, glory the lot. Not ordinary people. Many also to be found in the police, nhs and many politicians.

anil39200

Posts : 388
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KATE McCann

Post by anil39200 on 14.06.12 10:14

Forgot to add. I am also of the opinion that modern society and the 'celebrity' culture is largely to blame. People seem to believe in a get rich quick, no talent required culture and we now seem to have many narcissistic kids around as well. Never seen so many boys wearing cosmetics or jewellery as there are now, not to mention the girls . But, true narcissism is a real,major problem and when you are close to or work with them, they know all the tricks and have no remorse in walking over anyone who gets in their way, or, DISAGREES with their version of events. Sound familiar? It should! Imo of course.

anil39200

Posts : 388
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KATE McCann

Post by Mariita on 14.06.12 12:09

Yes, that is so true... I feel sorry for many boys and girls today, they all want to be perfect and it just looks so unnatural.Like living Barbiedolls in a world where being famous is a no.1 priority.

But the narcissistic personality disorder contains so much more than the obsession with beauty, there is a constant struggle to stay in the spotlight, and another thing....they are ALWAYS right, they have NO ABILITY to "step outside themselves", and see whatever mistakes they´ve made and somehow try to avoid similar things to happen in the future. Therefore no development they´re stuck in the toddlerphase where it is natural to be egoistic, it´s just I, ME and MYSELF. So when they have children it´s like a child has a child in many ways. Terrible.

Like Tigger said, it is often forgotten that we don´t deal with common people here, once you have recognized the pattern you won´t get so surprised when this and that happens instead of thinking; "No one could do such a thing and then go on like nothing had happened, etc". Sadly there are people that actually CAN do things to achieve their goals,- things with awful consequences for others. Not surprisingly they are found in "higher" professions, with authority.
..
avatar
Mariita

Posts : 127
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2012-04-15
Location : Sweden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KATE McCann

Post by russiandoll on 19.06.12 9:51

interesting ....
Tuesday 01.05.2007 (holiday)
Breakfast apartment
Kids club - mini-tennis ↓
09.15-10.15 K ↓
G 10.15-11.15 ↓
Madeleine and Ella
* Get camera
Lunch → apartment
RAIN
Kids club beach, sunglasses
Ice cream
13:30 → 15:00 ish
Kids club? 15.15
? time not so good
? G tennis lessons - ok
High tea 16:30
? recreational area
Restaurant? object tennis
No Russell, Evie felt ill
(5D) Russ remained in apartment
Food was brought up


Russell stated in his RI he was unsure whether he stayed in 5D Mon or Tues.
JT stated she was unsure if it was Tues or Wed.
Kate is definite in her diary it was the Tues.
Looks like she was there also, note the verb......food was not taken up, what you would say if you were elsewhere.

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

avatar
russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KATE McCann

Post by russiandoll on 19.06.12 10:10

G McCann witness statement, May 07.

Concerning the routine, on Tuesday there was a slight change given that after lunch, at 13h30, the deponent and KATE decided to take the three children to Praia da Luz, having gone on foot, taking only the twins in baby buggies. They all left by the main door because of the buggies, went around to the right, down the street of the “BATISTA” supermarket and went to the beach along a road directly ahead.

They were at the beach for about 20 minutes, ][/b] the deponent and MADELEINE having put their feet in the water. During this time the weather changed with a cloudy sky and cold, therefore they went to a terrace at a café near the beach, on the left, where they bought five ice-creams and two drinks. Asked, he said that at that place there was an individual playing latin music on a guitar, to whom he intended to give some coins, but having none at the time, he didn't. That the individual had a neglected and careless appearance, unshaven and somewhat raggedy. He was Caucasian, 175cm tall, thin, 70 to 75kg in weight, dark, short hair, almost shaven-headed with grey sides, and not wearing glasses. Wearing a light brown-coloured sports jacket, with a hood at the back, and dark denim trousers, not noticing the footwear. He said that he never behaved strangely, nor approached or looked at the children in an ostensive manner. On returning they left the children at their crèches, as usual, the deponent and his wife having gone to play tennis or jogging.
the time taken for this trip and what they did corresponds to the 2.30 sign in at creche for Maddie.
I find it strange that he does not simply say here " they decided to take THE children to the beach [ unlikely they would take only 1 or 2, leaving the other[s] at creche.
I also find it strange he itemizes what was purchased....5 ice creams and 2 drinks.why not simply they bought ice creams drinks...
and why mention he and Madeleine paddled in the water?

It is self-serving imo with all the unnecessary detail, Maddie is alive and well playing and eating an ice cream.[ I doubt she was alive that day].
No comment on the man he describes.






____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

avatar
russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KATE McCann

Post by aquila on 19.06.12 10:30

They love their numbers don't they! As for the description of the man isn't it amazing how lucid that description is when most of their witness statements lack memory. There's more than a whiff of sea bass.
avatar
aquila

Posts : 8704
Reputation : 1687
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KATE McCann

Post by Hummingbird on 19.06.12 13:07

@aquila wrote:They love their numbers don't they! As for the description of the man isn't it amazing how lucid that description is when most of their witness statements lack memory. There's more than a whiff of sea bass.

Funny that, I was about to say the same thing. You take your children out to the beach and whilst buying ice creams (the queue can't have been that long it wasn't hot or busy at that time of year) you take in everything about a man playing a musical instrument and tell us you wanted to give him money (yeah right make yourself sound ever so generous) you remember everything about him and yet you can't remember then if you jogged or played tennis!!!!

Amazing!

Hummingbird

Posts : 248
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-05-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: KATE McCann

Post by Guest on 19.06.12 13:21

I feel that when Kate waffles on at great length about insignificant issues she is trying to convince us that she has a good memory and so we will believe her "account of the truth" no matter how patently ridiculous it is.

She has fooled some people that way but definitely not everybody. Sadly I am not convinced that there is anyone who doesn't believe her who has the power and influence to do anything about it.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum