The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™️ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

When were witness statements "recorded"?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

When were witness statements "recorded"?

Post by ShrinkingViolet on 16.09.11 11:47

HiI wasn't sure where exactly this topic should go.

I remember reading that many of the key witnesses in this case had their testimonies recorded in Portugal, back in 2007.

In Portugal apparently this is quite a common procedure, especially if witnesses are foreigners and might not be available to attend a trial. This statement is sealed and "set in stone" for posterity, so to speak. If someone wishes to change what they are saying they can do so, but what they say will always be compared to the recorded video. If I recall correctly, all of the 7 Tapas friends had their statements recorded. Mrs Fenn's statement was also recorded. From what I have read, In Portugal, these recorded statements hold the same weight in court as a witness appearing themselves.

I can not find any info on these recorded statements. Could someone please help me out. Thanks.

ShrinkingViolet

Back to top Go down

Corrections

Post by Guest on 16.09.11 18:52

Hi ShrinkingViolet, I have wondered about this too. Also what happens if a witness changes their statement. Is the original kept and a new statement prepared or is the first destroyed and replaced by the second and if so how is it dated.

Back to top Go down

Re: When were witness statements "recorded"?

Post by ShrinkingViolet on 16.09.11 20:10

Molly wrote:Hi ShrinkingViolet, I have wondered about this too. Also what happens if a witness changes their statement. Is the original kept and a new statement prepared or is the first destroyed and replaced by the second and if so how is it dated.

Hi Molly, I realy wish that I could remember exactly where I read what I read. It would be good if we had a Portuguese poster who could tell us more about this.

ShrinkingViolet

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum