The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

is robert murat involved

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

is robert murat involved

Post by Mike on 29.11.09 8:01

is mr murat involved in this case as a very helpfull person to the pj,or in it up to his neck by helping the mccanns
Mike

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: is robert murat involved

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 29.11.09 8:09

Question to Gerry: "Do you know Robert Murat?"

Gerry: "I'm not going to comment on that."

:scratch:
Get'emGonçalo

View user profile http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.11.09 8:20

I always thought maybe he provided the fridge to store the body...and wasnt there a lnk with his sister living in the same street in Exeter as one of the Tapas crew? And I am sure I read he only returned to PDL a day before the abduction having been in G.B.
Didnt his wife also say he rand in the early hours of the 4th crying asking if his daughhter was ok?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike on 29.11.09 8:27

sym wrote:I always thought maybe he provided the fridge to store the body...and wasnt there a lnk with his sister living in the same street in Exeter as one of the Tapas crew? And I am sure I read he only returned to PDL a day before the abduction having been in G.B.
Didnt his wife also say he rand in the early hours of the 4th crying asking if his daughhter was ok?

yes ,i think ther,s more to him than meets the eye,i think i will try to see what else is written about him if any thing in the files , i dont trust newspaper reports.i think the newspaper payout was for helping the mccanns in aound about way
and not because they printed bad thing about him
Mike

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.11.09 8:29

Murat has never spoke out about being accused or given any interview.

Back to top Go down

11 Questions about Robert Murat

Post by Tony Bennett on 30.11.09 9:51

Opinions about Robert Murat on this board and elsewhere range from: ‘He is a totally innocent man who had nothing whatsoever to do with Madeleine’s disappearance’ to, at the other extreme: ‘He was actively involved in Madeleine’s disappearance and helped to cover it up’.

The purpose of this article is to review certain facts or reported facts about Robert Murat and to raise serious questions about whether he knows about, or was even involved in, Madeleine’s disappearnce or death.

I start with this brief summary of known and undisputed facts about Robert Murat:

· He was born in 1973 and is currently 35 years old
· He was married to an older woman, Dawn, and they have one child, now aged 5. They are now divorced
· He flew to Praia da Luz from England on Tuesday 1 May, having booked his flight in the early hours of the morning of the same day
· Three members of the ‘Tapas 9’ strongly maintained that they had seen him around the Ocean Club on the night of Thursday 3 May, the night Madeleine was reported missing
· Clarence Mitchell compared him to Ian Huntley, the Soham man who killed two girls
· ‘Daily Mirror’ journalist Lori Campbell reported him to Leicestershire Police as a possible suspect
· He was made an ‘arguido’ as early as 15 May 2007
· His home (with his mother in Praia da Luz) was searched, along with five other properties of his, was searched, with apparently nothing of interest being found
· His ‘arguido’ status was removed on July 2008
· On 2008 he collected a libel payout of around £600,000. Smaller amounts were paid out to his girlfriend Michaela Walczuk and to his friend in Praia da Luz Sergey Malinka
· He was the ‘guest of honour’ at a Cambridge Union debate on 5 March 2009 which was billed in advance as ‘his one and only public speech about his involvement (if any) in the case of Madeleine McCann
· At the Cambridge Union meeting, he said virtually nothing about Madeleine except to portray himself as a wholly innocent man and to add that the most important thing was to concentrate on the continuing search for Madeleine whom he was sure had been abducted. His speech drew strong, almost rapturous, applause.

The 11 Questions - with some answeres

1. Did Robert Murat and Dr Gerald McCann (or any of the other ‘Tapas 9’) know each other before 28 April 2007, when the ‘Tapas 9’ flew out to Praia da Luz?

ANS. When Dr Gerald McCann was asked a straight question in May 2007, after Robert Murat had been named as a suspect, namely: “Did you already know Robert Murat?”, he looked away from his interviewer and curtly said: “I am not going to comment on that”. There was no possible reason for him not to comment, unless he did already know Robert Murat, and that the two of them knew each other in a context about which both would be embarrassed.

2. Why did he suddenly fly to Portugal on 1 May 2007?

ANS. He has stated that it was to discuss urgently with his lawyer matters connected with his impending divorce from his English wife.
It remains a curiosity as to why he should book his flight at past midnight on 30 April/1 May and fly out later the same day. Let us say that the reason he gives is far from wholly convincing.

3. Was Robert Murat seen by members of the ‘Tapas 9’ around the Ocean Club on the night of 3 / 4 May?

ANS. We have to answer this question: ‘Yes’, in the light of the following:

We then need to ask why he was hanging around the Ocean Club and also talking to some of the ‘Tapas 9’. I suggest it was to gain information about what the Portuguese police were saying about Madeleine’s ‘disappearance’, and in turn to pass that on to Dr Gerald McCann and others of the ‘Tapas 9’.

4. How did he really get involved in translating for the ‘Tapas 9’ on 4 May?

ANS. A curious feature about this is that there are two, possibly three, different accounts of how he was introduced to the Tapas 9 and the police.

5. Did he have an ‘underground chamber’ at his house as reported?

6. Did he lie to police about his contact with Sergei Malinka?

7. Did he lie about the purpose of his long meetings with Serge Paul?

8. What is his employment record?

9. Why did Clarence Mitchell publicly, in May 2007, compare Robert Murat to Ian Huntley?

10. Did Michaela Walczuk lie in claiming that she was at a Jehovah’s Witness meeting on the night of Thursday 3 May?

11. What did Brian Kennedy and Robert Murat discuss when they met in November 2007?
Tony Bennett
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ROCKY on 30.11.09 10:12

I think Max Clifford was more surprised than anyone when Murat changed mid stream. Clifford was very annoyed and made no bones about it when interviewed on Sky. Of course Max was only mad because he would have made a lot of money putting Murats side of the story. Murat settled for a very small amount of money and Clifford would have got him a lot more...Millions he said for the defaming of Murats character. Clifford also said that he had helped the family through this ordeal without charging them anything. Once again the reason being because Clifford saw Murat as a money making project. I would imagine Clifford is also bemused by a person so villified in the press and he does not want to talk about it or want any money.

I would imagine thats where Mr Money Bags Kennedy comes in. Money ,this whole case seems to be about money,was Murat given a nice sum of money to keep his mouth shut? Probably.

ROCKY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ROCKY on 30.11.09 10:38

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23430196-madeleine-six-key-witnesses-cast-doubt-over-robert-murats-alibi.do

Murats mother. I cannot imagine anywhere that a mother is allowed to sit in the street taking information from holiday makers. Another strange part of this case.

ROCKY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 30.11.09 11:41

Mr Murat has been investigated and cleared of involvement but that doesn't mean he necessarily was 100% honest, I'm not sure it can ever be teased apart now though, people think they saw him that night, he claims not but his mothers alibi is shaky at best ... who knows. I do think it's fairly telling that his mother suspected that people might be uncomfortable going to the police, why would this be, she certainly played her part in suggesting to the average british viewer that their may be an uneasy relationship between portuguese people and police....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 30.11.09 13:37

Mr Bennett, are you going to publish a leaflet giving reasons why murat is guilty? Or is that just for the McCanns

Back to top Go down

Expect an article on our new website www.madeleinefoudnation.org.uk within the next few weeks along the lines of: "Questions about Robert Murat's involvement in the case of missing Madeleine McCann".

Post by Tony Bennett on 30.11.09 13:41

murat_fan wrote:Mr Bennett, are you going to publish a leaflet giving reasons why murat is guilty? Or is that just for the McCanns
Expect an article on our new website www.madeleinefoundation.org.uk within the next few weeks along the lines of: "Questions about Robert Murat's involvement in the case of missing Madeleine McCann".

Maybe you can help us with our research?
Tony Bennett
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 30.11.09 13:46

1. Did Robert Murat and Dr Gerald McCann (or any of the other ‘Tapas 9’) know each other before 28 April 2007, when the ‘Tapas 9’ flew out to Praia da Luz?

ANS. When Dr Gerald McCann was asked a straight question in May 2007, after Robert Murat had been named as a suspect, namely: “Did you already know Robert Murat?”, he looked away from his interviewer and curtly said: “I am not going to comment on that”. There was no possible reason for him not to comment, unless he did already know Robert Murat, and that the two of them knew each other in a context about which both would be embarrass

Good god, you are at it again - and once more you are less than truthful.

Gerry McCann had been told not to discuss the matter of Murat's possible involvement with the press.
It was called Judicial Secrecy.

Have you heard of it, at all?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 30.11.09 13:50

@Tony Bennett wrote:
murat_fan wrote:Mr Bennett, are you going to publish a leaflet giving reasons why murat is guilty? Or is that just for the McCanns
Expect an article on our new website www.madeleinefoundation.org.uk within the next few weeks along the lines of: "Questions about Robert Murat's involvement in the case of missing Madeleine McCann".

Maybe you can help us with our research?

Are you going to leaflet his neighbourhood as well?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 30.11.09 13:51

JKH wrote:Question to Gerry: "Do you know Robert Murat?"

JUDICIAL SECRECY as Murat was then chief suspect.

He was trying to pre-empt any further questions about Murat because they had all been told to say nothing about any suspects.

It's one of the more baffling things to me in this entire case and the comment that surrounds it that supposedly intelligent people can actually read 'I am not not going to comment on that' as an admission that he was some kind of buddy.

I never would have credited that it were possible if I hadn't seen it repeated ad bleedin nauseam for two years and more.
:roll:

Back to top Go down

Judicial secrecy was lifted 16 months ago

Post by Tony Bennett on 30.11.09 13:58

trunky wrote:
JKH wrote:Question to Gerry: "Do you know Robert Murat?"

JUDICIAL SECRECY as Murat was then chief suspect.

He was trying to pre-empt any further questions about Murat because they had all been told to say nothing about any suspects.

It's one of the more baffling things to me in this entire case and the comment that surrounds it that supposedly intelligent people can actually read 'I am not not going to comment on that' as an admission that he was some kind of buddy.

I never would have credited that it were possible if I hadn't seen it repeated ad bleedin nauseam for two years and more.
Since both Dr Gerald McCann and Robert Murat have been silent on whether they knew each other before 28 April 2007, and the need for 'judicial secrecy' passed in July 2008, why doesn't either of them clear this up now?

Come to think of it, now that the McCanns are free to speak, the judicial secrecy having been lifted 16 months ago, why does Dr Kate McCann not tell us exactly why she 'knew for certain' as she as she returned to the apartment that Madeleine had been abducted. Could this be in any way related to hers being the only finger-prints on the window-frame?
Tony Bennett
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 30.11.09 13:59

@Tony Bennett wrote:

Come to think of it, now that the McCanns are free to speak, the judicial secrecy having been lifted 16 months ago, why does Dr Kate McCann not tell us exactly why she 'knew for certain' as she as she returned to the apartment that Madeleine had been abducted. Could this be in any way related to hers being the only finger-prints on the window-frame?

Except for the other ones that were found.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 30.11.09 14:02

murat_fan wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:

But not on the window-frame as you well know.
Tony Bennett
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 30.11.09 14:03

@Tony Bennett wrote:
murat_fan wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:

What about the shutter, that someone must have opened, or the window SILL. And you know that this is correct.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 30.11.09 14:47

murat_fan wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:
murat_fan wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:

What about the shutter, that someone must have opened, or the window SILL. And you know that this is correct.
At last, you concede I was right about only Dr Kate McCann's fingerprints being on the window-frame, as 'smith' also observed.

Now then, let's put these things into the pot:

1. Dr Gerald McCann and friends promote the idea of an abductor breaking into the apartment by jemmying open the shutters in phone calls to relatives and media in the early hours of 4 May

2. McCanns change their story to: 'we left the patio doors unlocked' after it becomes clear the shutters were not jemmied open

3. Only Dr Kate McCann's finger-prints on the window-frame

4. Cleaner had cleaned the window-frame the night before

5. Neither Dr. Matthew Oldfield at 9.30pm nor anyone else saw the window open before Dr Kate McCann said it was open

6. Dr Gerald McCann and Jeremy ('Jes') Wilkins did not see Jane Tanner when she went, so she says, to check on the children

7. The window was not open when Dr Gerald McCann did his check at 9.05pm to 9.10pm

8. No forensic trace was found of an abductor in the apartment.

Now where does this lead us?

It might well lead to a suggestion that the McCanns...

VOICE OF CARTER-RUCK FROM OFF-STAGE: "Be careful what you say, one word out of place and you could be deemed in contempt of court and be sent to prison or have your assets seized".
Tony Bennett
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ROCKY on 30.11.09 16:28

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id108.html

Is it true that Murat first told police he was with his girlfriend and then changed this to he was with his mother?..

ROCKY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 30.11.09 17:56

Err Bennett can you also answer this please.

If your car got stolen from outside your house and the police could only find your fingerprints on it, would you accept that your car was not stolen, or that you actually stole it yourself?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 30.11.09 18:39

murat_fan wrote:Err Bennett can you also answer this please.

If your car got stolen from outside your house and the police could only find your fingerprints on it, would you accept that your car was not stolen, or that you actually stole it yourself?
Further proof that you concede my point about only Dr Kate McCann's fingerprints being on the window-frame, after you vehemently denied they were the only ones found on that window-frame. When do you think she opened the window? My guess would be about 9.55pm on 3 May 2007
Tony Bennett
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 30.11.09 18:53

@Tony Bennett wrote:
murat_fan wrote:Err Bennett can you also answer this please.

Further proof that you concede my point about only Dr Kate McCann's fingerprints being on the window-frame, after you vehemently denied they were the only ones found on that window-frame. When do you think she opened the window? My guess would be about 9.55pm on 3 May 2007

Ah you see a GUESS. That is what your little leaflet is based on GUESS WORK...And Bennett i was actually always on about the WINDOW SHUTTERS. Read my posts again you idjit. God you are such a liar

Back to top Go down

Post by exempt on 01.12.09 1:31

trunky wrote:It's one of the more baffling things to me in this entire case and the comment that surrounds it that supposedly intelligent people can actually read 'I am not not going to comment on that' as an admission that he was some kind of buddy.

It's possible that Gerry vaguely knew Murat or one of the Tapas 7 knew him and so he would then have to answer "Yes" to that question. That would really have set the conspiracy theorists into action.
exempt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum