The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

[solved]Need help from someone with English as first language

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[solved]Need help from someone with English as first language

Post by LG78 on 07.09.11 18:49

Hi,

I hope someone could help me with this. Someone who knows English very very good, maybe even some portugies :)

I found in this file http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/CLOTHES.htm

Some descriptions and about cloths and stuff the police took from the Mccanns.

NR 9 and 11 for example


9. Childrens trousers, dark blue with bright orange, MARKS & SPENCER, for one to one and' years, length 90 cms

11. Boys shirt, short-sleeved, light blue, with small white markings, NEXT, for 2-3 years, length 98cms.

So my question is, cms is that same as CM ? I tried google it but didnt quit found the answer I felt.
Because I think it sounds wrong for the cloths to be 98 cm in length for a kid of 2-3 years. And if Madeleine was 90 cm ?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, just need to know :)

Thanks for helping out roses


LG78

Posts : 145
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-08-10

Back to top Go down

Re: [solved]Need help from someone with English as first language

Post by Invinoveritas on 07.09.11 19:32

The height of the child is here the reference, cm is singular for centimetre, cms is plural for centimetres

i.e. a child of 85cm(s) has a pair of trousers according to the scale, try searching for international sizes



Madeleine was very small for her age which explains the size discrepancy



OOps I think my initial post which I was modifying has been posted, my apologies
avatar
Invinoveritas

Posts : 374
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Nowereland

Back to top Go down

Re: [solved]Need help from someone with English as first language

Post by LG78 on 07.09.11 19:35

@Invinoveritas wrote:The height of the child is here the reference, cm is singular for centimetre, cms is plural for centimetres

i.e. a child of 85cm(s) has a pair of trousers according to the scale, try searching for international sizes

Ah thank you very much :) Didnt think of that, we dont use that type of mesurement in my country !
thanks

Hey wait a minute ! Boys shirt, short-sleeved, light blue, with small white markings, NEXT, for 2-3 years, length 98cms.

So sean was taller than Madeleine??? Boys shirt for 2 -3 years , It cant be gerrys !!

LG78

Posts : 145
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-08-10

Back to top Go down

children's sizes

Post by tigger on 07.09.11 19:38

@LG78 wrote:Hi,

I hope someone could help me with this. Someone who knows English very very good, maybe even some portugies :)

I found in this file http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/CLOTHES.htm

Some descriptions and about cloths and stuff the police took from the Mccanns.

NR 9 and 11 for example


9. Childrens trousers, dark blue with bright orange, MARKS & SPENCER, for one to one and' years, length 90 cms

11. Boys shirt, short-sleeved, light blue, with small white markings, NEXT, for 2-3 years, length 98cms.

So my question is, cms is that same as CM ? I tried google it but didnt quit found the answer I felt.
Because I think it sounds wrong for the cloths to be 98 cm in length for a kid of 2-3 years. And if Madeleine was 90 cm ?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, just need to know :)

Thanks for helping out roses



http://www.next.co.uk/help/WinHelpSGC.asp
avatar
tigger

Posts : 8114
Reputation : 44
Join date : 2011-07-20

Back to top Go down

Re: [solved]Need help from someone with English as first language

Post by LG78 on 07.09.11 19:55

Thank you for the link Tigger :)

Maybe I misunderstood, it was not Sean and Amelies higts, but the reference of proximate hight of a child wearing that dress, or for kids around that hight? Am I right in misunderstandig it?
Anyway, still they must be around that higth already as tall or taller than Madeline? Still she was 21 months older then them , almost two years older.

LG78

Posts : 145
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-08-10

Back to top Go down

You're right.

Post by tigger on 08.09.11 7:24

@LG78 wrote:Thank you for the link Tigger :)

Maybe I misunderstood, it was not Sean and Amelies higts, but the reference of proximate hight of a child wearing that dress, or for kids around that hight? Am I right in misunderstandig it?
Anyway, still they must be around that higth already as tall or taller than Madeline? Still she was 21 months older then them , almost two years older.

It's not only the photographs that confuse us about Maddie. Her height was given as 90 cm in may 07, yet the tennis girl can be measured because of the diameter of the tennis balls and she is at least 114 cm tall.

Yes, I think the twins are more or less the same height, although they are not identical twins, so it would vary more. The numbers given will be average height for a child that age range.
avatar
tigger

Posts : 8114
Reputation : 44
Join date : 2011-07-20

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum