The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Libel trial discussion - Page 3 Mm11

Libel trial discussion - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Libel trial discussion - Page 3 Mm11

Libel trial discussion - Page 3 Regist10

Libel trial discussion

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Libel trial discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Libel trial discussion

Post by Pascal 16.01.10 12:44

eta I see a the bottom of Mr Bennets letter, a request the Mr Amaral receive an apology. I would still like to know to what extent the Foundation act for Mr Amaral.

Thanks again.
Pascal
Pascal

Activity : 627

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 16.01.10 12:48

I don't know Pascal. I just think the whole thing is between Mr Amaral and the BBC. There is obviously not a genuine attempt to discredit him. On the news report the reporter was visibly shocked, so if a mistake has been made, it is just that, a genuine mistake.

I don't understand why everyone is rushing in with different versions of what was possibly said, and why they don't just ask Mr Amaral directly. It's not rocket science. It is coming across as people making excuses for him. I don't imagine for one moment that that's necessary.
vaguely1
vaguely1

Activity : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal 16.01.10 13:53

I'm not so sure if there is not an attempt to discredit him Vaguely, thats the problem I have. My concern is that Mr Bennet may be doing Mr Amaral a disservice in his attempts to obtain an apology from the BBC.

Martin Brunt was present along with the Sky interpretor. Was Mr Bennet there? How does he know what exactly was said, when there was a bleep? .

If Mr Amaral says he said 'nothing' then the BBC ought to corroborate what they used the bleep for.
Pascal
Pascal

Activity : 627

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 16.01.10 13:58

I definitely think that stating what was said isn't going to help. The BBC have the footage - if they listen to what was said and it in no ways fits what is being stated in the apology demand then it won't help at all.

I think Amaral is the only one that can answer this. Although at least Brunt was present.
vaguely1
vaguely1

Back to top Go down

Post by Cath 16.01.10 14:07

Brunt says he was present. Perhaps he wants mr Amaral to give him an interview for free?
mr Amaral did say something.
Perhaps the BBC will broadcast what he's said without the bleep, so we can hear it ourselves. On the other hand, after all the fuss about what mr Amaral said, don't you think they analyzed that tape again and they would have issued an apology to mr Amaral?
Cath

Activity : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 16.01.10 14:13

I don't know how quickly that would materialise. But at the moment they're the only people who have a recording of his words, so I suppose they have an upper-hand when it comes to knowing what was said. Everyone else heard it once, or not at all. The BBC can listen at will.

I do know that if the BBC are found to be wrong that it will be righted.
vaguely1
vaguely1

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top